Womens Running

More Running Monday- Supermoms (Read 31 times)

mrszackmorris

rg: do you have a sitter that you could have come watch r while you do the race?

zorbs: that's great you get out to run together (minus the b escape). I was just thinking how ridiculous dh and I would look out running with the kids with one of us pushing a double and one of us pushing a single.  carb up!

ernie: too funny about your mom and her "maybe boyfriend."  I always wonder what it will be like if dh's mom gets a boyfriend (it has been almost a year since his dad passed away). what did your sister end up naming her baby girl?

cx2: your sensor lights reminded me that I had sensor lights in my old classroom that would turn off if there wasn't movement for so long. so if I was working at my desk during a prep, the lights would go off and i'd have to flail my arms to get them to turn back on. sorry c is so clingy.

mer: remember you are pregnant so weight gain is a good thing when it comes to the scale at the dr's office. dd1 got a bit of sunburn on the end of her nose from soccer practice. dh has sunburn so bad from our race and even put sunscreen on, but apparently he sweat it all off. I have 35% off too and I was looking this morning for things to buy. I wish it was good in store as i'd like to try stuff on first.

stroller: ugh to the chaffing. I thought I was going to get some terrible chafing from my new lulu shorts. since I wore the shorts all day before I ran I could feel the liner rubbing big time. I body glided the crap out of it which helped and I didn't have any issues during the race thankfully!

bermy: I realized how stupid I should feel for being sore after my less than 9 miles when you ran 26.2. so jealous of your supermom excursions this weekend. i'm sure you will rock your half marathon training per usual.

dexy: mmmmm strawberries. it's not strawberry season here for another couple of months, but i'm bound and determined to buy a bunch this year!

car: cute on the I love daddy stage. c is so obsessed with my dad right now which is great because they my dad had him during church yesterday Smile

runninmer

I swear I started perosnals...not sure what I did to make them disappear!

rg - You have such awesome house guests.  Enjoy the time with your mom.  I know you really like it when she is around.

zorbs - Spring clothes with a jacket...you must have a camera in my classroom.  I am wearing a spring looking shirt with a fleece over it!  I am always cold.  Smile  Glad you got out for some family time, even if B was a bit of a pain.

ernie - I hope you have a much better run today than you did yesterday!

cx2 - I hope your knee gets better.  Do you have probelms with it or is this new?

stroller - Glad your little man is feeling better!  And that your hooha is healing!  Ha! Smile  The irony of butt paste healing a hooha!

bermy - I was wondering where your race report was!  I will read that when I get home tonight.  You had an awesome race.  I loved seeing all the pics of the supermoms meet ups!  That was very sweet of your DH to take DS out so you could chat with the ladies.

mrszm - This skirt/dress talk cracks me up.  DH picked out my outfit for tomorrow knowing it was supposed to be warm and it is a dress! Funny about the zoo...wonder if we would have seen each other!  It was a great day to be there.  Which halfs are you thinking about?  I am already dreaming about what race will be my first post baby!

dexy - Mmmm....strawberry jam.  How much are you charging?! Smile

jen - A delightful 2 hour delay.  Sounds heavenly!  I hope your meeting after work goes quickly.  Glad  you were able to run this morning to give you more time tonight!

CAR - I can't wait to read your race report.  You also did a great job!  Sounds like life is good all around for you right now! Smile 

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Marathonjen

Question for you moms of 2+ kids (maybe I'll put this on FB too) - Right now I have a single jogging stroller.  Should I invest in a double jogging stroller?  I think J will still go to daycare 2x week once the baby comes just to keep in a routine of his own.  Since I most likely will not have a job we are not sure how long we can do that.  So in the beginning, I should be able to run 4 x week with 1 or no babies.  Is it still worth the investment to get the double jogger? What double strollers (running or not) do you like/recommend?  We have a cheap-o Baby Trend that is ok but we have had a lot of problems with it.  And had to have the company replace a wheel and the front wheel (when unlocked) vibrates.  I want something better.

runninmer

Good question!  DH and I spent a lot of time at the zoo looking at double strollers about the style we like, etc.  I saw one that I liked a lot, and thought about asking the people about it.  Don't have the guts though!

Question for you moms of 2+ kids (maybe I'll put this on FB too) - Right now I have a single jogging stroller.  Should I invest in a double jogging stroller?  I think J will still go to daycare 2x week once the baby comes just to keep in a routine of his own.  Since I most likely will not have a job we are not sure how long we can do that.  So in the beginning, I should be able to run 4 x week with 1 or no babies.  Is it still worth the investment to get the double jogger? What double strollers (running or not) do you like/recommend?  We have a cheap-o Baby Trend that is ok but we have had a lot of problems with it.  And had to have the company replace a wheel and the front wheel (when unlocked) vibrates.  I want something better.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

strollermama

jen - I am not a lot of help since I only have 1 but I would wait and see.  You can always buy it later if you decide it is worth it.  I would see how just having one works for a while, and then decide if you want to upgrade.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 6 miles with RPs yesterday. This might sound bad- I like running with my RPs singly, but not so much together because they just talk to eachother about church and sports the whole time. The two things in the world that I just don't get, so I just kinda plod along and let them chat- that shit is gonna get old when we are running for 2-3 hours though.  Hit 23 miles last week, Whoop! I mentioned to DH that I was tossing around the idea of a marathon in the fall if my HM training goes well this summer and he wasn't averse. I think I'm going to have to set standing appointments with babysitters this summer for long runs and speed/hill workouts.

TR: Asks for "Ass" when he wants applesauce.  Slept a little better last night, I think I'm going to have to limit his fluids though. Did well at the potty this weekend, even while travelling.

FR: Last night was pasta, I'll probably eat the leftovers for lunch and dinner since DH is working tonight.

NRR: Getting my hair cut and colored today, FINALLY! If I had to wait any longer, I'd shave my head, my mop is driving me crazy.   DH suggested going away to a resort on Lake Chelan in 2 weeks- looks really nice and its only a little over an hour from here. The Okanogan valley is gorgeous right now with all the fruit trees blooming.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- Whoa, lots of houseguests! I am looking forward to having a guest room in my new house, it was a pain in our old one because my closet was in the guest room. Yay for taper!

zorbs- DH HATES pushing the stroller. He's about 6' tall and he said it hurts his back- I think he's trying to stride too long with it and isn't used to not having a hand free. Oh well, I'm used to it so I push it. I have tried the playground thing with the same result, so now we use the playground as a reward if he's good through the end of the run. You are running a FM this weekend, right?

Ernie- My mom was really nervous to tell me and my sister that she was seeing someone after her divorce. She was relieved when we told her how happy we were for her, then she overshared details of her sex life. I think we have good boundaries for conversations set now  LOL

cx2- that is annoying about the motion sensors. They have them at the fire dept so the receptionist has to walk out into the hallway every 20 minutes to keep the lights on.

mer- yay for new maternity clothes! Glad you had a nice weekend. I want to go to Woodland Park Zoo and Seattle Aquarium this summer. I'd take the rest day.

Bermy- Great job on your FM! You rocked. I got really burnt out in my last few training cycles so I'm trying to plan my training schedule to help that. Sorry DS doesn't like restaurants, R actually did pretty good this weekend.

mzm- R slams his heels on the bed like that too.

dexy- mmmmmm jam. We used to buy the 5 gallon bucket of strawberries and make freezer jam. I haven't gotten around the challenging my GF diet because I feel so good and don't really feel like getting violent diarrhea for the heck of it.  I've tried several GF beers. I have Widmer Omission IPA in my fridge right now. RedBridge is OK, but kinda flat tasting- not a round body of flavor. I miss hefeweisens, they are my favorite.

Jen- sorry about the tantrums, I guess you need to just make him play so hard he wants to fall asleep. Do you have any kids he can play with on the weekend? I realized I moved in across the street from an acquantance who has a kid the same age as R so I think we will try a playdate next weekend. A lot of the kids that I have tried playdates with before are so bratty that I don't want R to play with them (SAHM kids that don't have a lot of socialization).

CA- good job on your race!  R is really hot and cold with DH and I think its because of his schedule. I wish he loved daddy more, it would make things easier on me. THink its because O takes up more of your time, so DH is more free to give M attention?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Hello there ladies!  So sad to be back to work today, so I am taking a break to post.

RR:  TM this afternoon while C watches a movie.  He is super congested so a low key day is planned.

TR:  Cried so hard when he had to leave Nashville.  Was a bad mom and told him we were just going home to get the dog and we would come back.  whoops.

NRR:  Ugh, the idiot screwed up most everything she touched on Friday so I am in a very grumpy mood.

Rave reviews for hotel bermy - I would highly recommend visiting if you can swing it!  I hope we weren't too much trouble Bermy.

Be back in a minute for personals, I need a refill.

CTimesTwo

mrsz - the good news is I just have to push my chair back and the sensors come back on, but today they didn't work for a good half hour... i was afraid to use the bathroom b/c they're on sensors too...

mer - i think it's a new problem in my knee but the pain feels familiar... it's like a twinge in the kneecap... i had an issue with my MCL years ago and this is really similar to that pain..

spike - LOL at "ass" for applesauce..

bermy - way to go on your FM!  I read your report on FB too... i've had chafing in that area and it's even worse when you have to pee!

stroller - so glad to hear H is feeling better.. great job on your race too!

ca - pork chops is something i seem to mess up easily... i don't know why, they're not hard to cook... maybe i'm just buying bad batches of chops...

jen - sorry about the tantrum... it's like every toddler is on a wave of tantrums these days... C threw one when we took her outside for a minute and she had no shoes or coat on, so we couldn't leave her out there and she threw a fit..

dexy - i've never canned jams or preserves and it sounds like something way beyond my kitchen skills... sounds delish though..

beckykay

RG:  Ouch poor R, I hope those molars pop through soon.  Hooray for mom coming to visit!

Zorbs:  Uh, heck no!  I make K push unless I am using the stroller to hold me up.

Erin:  C loves wagons.  Awe, too cute on mom and her boyfriend.  My brother and I are like that with our baby sister.

cX2:  Boo on the knee.  I thought of you last weekend.  I was running trails and several deer crossed the trail in front of me Smile

Stoller:  Way to rock that race with the stroller!  Is little man feeling any better?

Mer:  LOL on the sweets.  DH and C went to a candy shop while walking around Nashville.  I ate way too many pieces that they bought for me on the way home.

MrsZM:  Way to go on your relay!!!!!

Dexy:  Ooooh strawberry jam.   I loved making jam with my mother as a kid.

Jen:  I love running in fog, it feels so peaceful.  C def. pushes our buttons on Sunday.  I think he wants us to be ready for him to go to school on Mondays.

CA:  We have some rocking ladies here, congrats to you on your race as well!

strollermama

TR update:  Not feeling better after all....  About an hour into class I got a call from daycare that he had thrown up.  When I got there, he had just had another bout of diarrhea.  Poor guy!  I feel so bad for taking him but he seemed like he was doing so well.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

Stroller- oh no! We had a nasty stomach virus go through the daycare. R got it and gave it to DH, they were miserable. I hope H feels well soon, just use it as an opportunity for lots of snuggles. Is your school pretty understanding of your single parenting needs?

BermyHorse

becky - I fell in love with you and your family. You and DH are such a team - like you parent in synch without saying anything. Hope DH and I get that good. And C is just freakin adorable. My DS LOVED him, idolized him and was his little helper. Whatever plan your DS had, mine just wanted to assist. So cute. And i went to get some tea leaves to use my cup and saw that you spent a huge fortune on my Teavanna japanese blossom boxed tea set - you are so lovely. I love it and will use it all the time. You were the easiest and most independent guests ever which, after running a long way, is very very nice. Please come back - there are more playgrounds like Crockett for C!

And I bought myself a sewing machine as a 'well done bermy on your fm training and racing and PR". It's on the front porch. I am going to get it now!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!  Spike - I am endebted to you for the machine choice. now you need to teach me how to use it over the internet.

NRR2: oh and forgot to say my DH is at Vanderbilt uni at a special course today called 'Negotiation Skills for execs'. he texted to say it's really interesting and he's having a great time. He is SO shy that I am surprised he took it. he never went to college, dropped out after a few months to stay at home to take care of his mom so I am so proud of him. It's just a 2 day thing, but he's having a good time.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

Becky - Glad you had a great time in Nashville, and I'm jealous of all the supermom hanging out you got to do! Sounds like C had a great time in Nashville, too. Not fun to have to come back to the idiot, though! When will she ever get fired?

Spike - I don't think it sounds bad that you don't like running with both RPs together - the conversation is the main point of RPs, so it's no fun if they talk about stuff that doesn't interest you. This is (probably) my Mom's second boyfriend since she and my Dad got divorced. She was very evasive about the first one at first, too. It's so funny, because my Dad is re-married so it's not like we would be mad at my Mom for dating again. Maybe I should just be happy she isn't oversharing sex details though! LOL!

CA - You rocked that half marathon! I just read your race report and it sounds like it was a really tough course, so your time is even more impressive! I think you'll be back in your PR territory before you know it. Having a sore ass and core always makes me feel like I had a really good race. "I love Daddy" phases are great - gives mama a bit of a break!

Dexy - Mmm, strawberry jam. I love making jams and pickling but was so busy with the new baby last year I didn't get anything done. I'm hoping to get back into it this year!

Jen - Two hour delay + time to run sounds like a great start to the day. Sorry J was acting up yesterday. Definitely get that wagon out for him next weekend - I thought it would just be a good way to transport S on short trips to the park, but it ended up keeping her entertained all day Saturday and Sunday.

Cx2 - It better be safe to pack away the gloves and long pants. I'm just taking the snow tires off my car this week....I'm pretty sure I've never had them on this late in April before. I love my BOB but it does take up my whole trunk, so I know what you mean about the bulkiness. I bought an umbrella stroller on sale at Superstore for $20 last summer. It's a piece of crap (I think all umbrella strollers are) but I keep it in my trunk so I always have a stroller with me just in case, and it's good to use for short indoor outings like the mall. The wagon I got has seatbelts, so you wouldn't have to worry about C climbing out.

Stroller - Diaper rash cream is a cure-all! Last summer I got two massive bee stings on my arm...I slathered them with diaper rash cream and they were completely healed by the next day. Hope the hoohaa chafe heals quickly, too! I always run commando and have never worried about it, but all these chafe stories are making me nervous! Your age group placement is amazing! What an awesome stroller performance. Sorry H isn't feeling better after all...hope you can both get some rest this afternoon.

Mer - If you're feeling good, I don't see anything wrong with doing a short, easy run today. Sounds like you had a blast at the zoo. We took S in the fall, but she was in the stroller the whole time and too little to be all that interested. I can't wait to take her again now that she is walking and older. Bummer on the sunburn, but it sounds like it's not too bad and I'm sure all of our kids will get sunburned at some point, no matter how careful we are.

Bermy - Enjoy your rest day! You had such a good race, especially in those conditions. I am proud of you! Boo to the wake ups the night before the race. S has slept horribly the night before every race I've done, even if she's been STTN for weeks before. I think these babies are trying to sabotage us!

Mrszm - Great job on your relay! Sounds like it was a fun time, minus the very late start. It is so hard to run in hot weather at the beginning of the season before you're acclimatized. Hmm, now that I think of it, it got up to about 70F during my long run yesterday, so maybe that's part of the reason it felt so hard. Are your DDs wearing their belts with their spring dresses? My sister named her baby Fiona.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy - 2 days after a marathon I'd do yoga or ST.

mrszm - how did the anti-carb loading guy do at the relay?

dexy - I'm sure it wasn't funny, but rush-o-gluten made me lol.

jen - usually when we are out, I steer him towards home and it *usually* isn't a problem.  Hey I am all too familiar with those tantrums! they worry me now because B is big enough that I can't physically overpower him anymore without getting hurt.

CA - I've never had ass sore after a race but the post marathon ab ache is the worst ever!

mer - speaking of spring/winter clothes, I saw a girl at the mall wearing cutoff shorts with opaque tights and boots.  what a weird look.

spike - yes to FM this weekend.  hahaha on Ass = applesauce.

becky - I really feel bad making G push the BOB, I am much more experienced as a runner and stroller pusher, G should focus on just running.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/