Womens Running

Think it's Thursday Supermoms (Read 31 times)

mrszackmorris

cx2: so happy you are getting some time out alone today!! boo to your sister feeling sick; luckily she has a couple days before the wedding. did you finish your speech? will you make it through without crying?! the tm sucks. maybe we can be tm buddies; i'll try to match your 4 today. 4 is usually my limit on the tm.

jmmiller

NRR: woke up with a runny nose and scratchy throat Sad I really hope I can fight it off before the race and party

RR: was planning a 5 mile stroller run

TR/BR: no child care today so I will attempt to run a bunch of errands with the two in tow

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

Erniegirl

Bermy - Glad your green card application in coming along. Sounds like a lot of work. Wow, DS is such a good boy! S would never, ever sit still like that for a one-hour class. Heck, she would not even sit nicely like that for 5 minutes. The nap strike sounds rough though. I hope he gets back to napping and isn't dropping it altogether.

Mer - Well, that "new" treadmill sounds like a piece of crap. How nice that they bought a brand new TV that you can watch while not being able to run properly. Nice job flying solo with J last night! Ha, S does the same thing of peeking in at me in the shower. She usually laughs uproariously when she does, so I guess I look pretty funny naked.

Jen - I wouldn't even consider pushing over the other kids' blocks being naughty. That's just being a toddler! It sucks that he keeps getting bitten at daycare, though! Is it the same kid biting him all the time or will they not tell you that? Hope your crockpot soup turns out well!

CAR - Boo, I hate when they wake up to nurse earlier than you wanted to get up, but just late enough that you can't fall back asleep. Lol, M discovering her nipples sounds hilarious!

Shelby - Uh oh, the description of your run yesterday is making me dread my stroller run. Hope your 10 miler today is a lot more pleasant.

Mrszm - Hmm, now that I think about it, I'm not sure we own a single teddy bear either. It seems really bizarre that Keurig gives you crappy samplers...why would they want to introduce you to the machine by giving you horrible cups of coffee?? You think they'd give you a couple of nice, expensive k-cups as samples to encourage you to buy them.

Okay, I need to stop procrastinating and tackle this windy stroller run now that S is awake.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

armmama

RR - hoping for 8 today, or at least 6.  Would like to do my LR on Saturday and not sure I should run a med-long run today and then a LR 2 days later.  We'll see how I feel.  I guess I could do my LR on Sunday.

BR - has a nasty cough.  Can't seem to get completely healthy!

KR - DD3 is FINALLY back at school!  Seemed to feel pretty good yesterday and was running around acting like herself, although she still didn't eat much.  Hoping she makes it through the day today.

FR - was it Shelby that posted that chicken/sweet potato/quinoa stew the other day?  I'm going to try it, although I'm afraid it's something no one else in my family will eat.  I might throw some chicken legs in the oven for everyone else.

NRR - have been feeling super bloated and gross lately, not sure why.  I always feel worse when I ovulate than when I have AF, and I'm pretty sure I just ovulated.  I need to start eating more vegetables, they just never sound that good to me in the winter.  Will head to the store today to see if anything inspires me.

rg - really annoying about your coworker.  When I was pregnant with #1 a few days before my due date a guy I worked with came to work and said he was pretty sure he had mono.  I was like get away from me!  Ugh.  Glad your mom is coming for a visit!

zorbs - yikes, be careful in that wind!

eh - happy birthday to your DD!  Where is your daughter's knee pain?  My 10  year old buckled a couple times on our run/walk recently because she had bad pains behind her knee.  I need to make her a dr. appt anyway and I'm going to ask about it.

ernie - I was going to do the same length run today with my jogging stroller, which I haven't done in a while!  Although I admit I'm bringing his stuff in case he's a pain and I decide to take him to childcare and finish the run alone.  Smile

bermy - I'm going to give clean eating a try.  I already do some here and there but I know I could do better.  What do you eat when you eat out? What makes me nervous is we're going to Disney World in 3 weeks and I'm not sure how to eat well there.

mer - sounds like a man picked out that tv & TM combo?  I am always so proud of myself when I make a real meal when DH is out of town because with just the kids at home it's so easy to make something quick and crappy.

jen - sorry about J's troubles at daycare.  Sad  Where are you getting these recipes from New Leaf Wellness?  Does she have them on her website?  Sorry you're in a funk, it's pretty typical for this time of year I think.

CA - a BFing toddler is so cute.  Smile  I hope you are able to get a run in!

shelby - L has only been nursing at naptime and bedtime for a while and I'm pretty sure my supply is just fine for that, even though it feels like there's nothing in there most of the time.  I'm a little worried about what will happen when I'm gone for 4 days this month, I'm worried I'll stop producing.  Although I haven't fed him on the left side in weeks and had a little bit of leakage not too long ago so I think it may stick around for a while.  I hope so, I don't want to be done.

mrszm - I ordered some yummy expensive coffee for Christmas and I'm almost out so now I'm trying to decide if I spend the $$ and buy it again or go back to the crappy stuff.  I hate crappy coffee though.

cx2 - OMG, I hope your sister is not sick!  Can she get a prescription for something to make her feel better quick?  Seeing how much better my DD felt after the phenergan I'm thinking of asking my doctor for a prescription so I can have some around the house in case I need it.

jmmiller

RG: I can't believe she came to work sick! Some people have no consideration.

Zorbs: Too cute about the diapers on the head. Chloe likes putting pants in her head.

Eh: Happy Birthday to DD!!

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

alison - we ran past your workplace on Brant this morning and thought of you.

ernie - you need to put a bit of thyme when you saute the mushrooms, otherwise it's pretty flavourless.

bermy - I remember when B was small, he sat in his car seat bucket while I did deadlifts at my one and only Crossfit class.  Sometimes he swings from the side bars of the treadmill at home (when it is off, of course).

mer - we have a hanging cabinet above the toilet and I put the toilet brush up there.  The drawback is, I have to ask DH to get it down for me every week.

jen - yeah I wish I had my camera too, but if I had run downstairs to get my phone, it would have ruined the moment.  Veg barley soup sounds delicious on a cold winter day.

CA - M really doesn't care for clothing, does she?

shelby - yeah the first part of the run was uphill, with the headwind. In the dark, icy roads, snowing.  Can't think of a worse combination.

mrszm - are the Kcups stale? there is a store here that sells kcups singly, so I think it's like a certain amount of money for 10, and they have open boxes, you can mix and match.  DH has a tassimo at his work, and they sell those in the same way.

cx2 - yeah if I was your sister I'd go to the doctor to see what they can do.

jmm - good luck running errands with 2 kids!

arm - how about the more hearty seasonal winter veggies?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

mrszackmorris

zorbs: that's funny because i actually checked the expiration on the one from this morning. today's was much better than yesterday's (i couldn't even finish the cup it was so terrible). that sounds like a great idea for a store to sell individual k-cups. not sure we have anything like that around here. but the keurig website sells samplers of 5 so i ordered some of those.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4 miles with RP, dog, and stroller- a bit over 2 miles @ tempo- managed a good pace. Tried something new- played a movie on my Kindle for R- Mistake! He turned it off twice accidentally and started bawling. I think we will do books/toys in the future. I was thinking it could be a nice distraction when I'm trying to do quality workouts, but it backfired on me.

BR: Picked his nose and wiped boogers on the furniture this morning. Loves the movie Alpha and Omega and howls like a wolf complete with head motion- so adorable. DH went straight from work to fire training last night so R didn't get to see him, and he goes to work before we get out of bed. This morning R insisted on getting on our bed and pulling back the covers to look for daddy so we called him on the phone.

FR: Last night was minestrone (and will be my lunch today), and tonight will probably be a frittata or something easy. Last day of Vegetarian Month. I'm going to try to keep up meatless meals half the week.

NRR: Have a terrible back ache from AF, stupid jerk!  I packed 2 boxes and listed a bunch of stuff for sale on a virtual yardsale site on FB last night. I made sure to stop at 9 pm so I could eat and wind down before bed. If I work or stay active too late it makes it really hard to fall asleep.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

armama- try picking up a vegetable you don't normally cook with and try some new recipes. For example- you could make roasted beets, or my favorite, borscht, squash soup/squash risotto, mushroom lentil soup, mushroom omelets. Stirfrys are always good for getting your veggies as are soups. Rumpledethumps is a really good side dish http://www.food.com/recipe/rumpledethumps-182184. I find it easier to eat my fruits and vegetables if I focus on getting at least one at each and every meal, then at dinner make sure you have a veggie and your side dish or main dish (or both) have veggies in them.

jmmiller- start pounding glasses of Emergen-C!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- I set my alarm clock for 15 minutes earlier and my morning was soooo much more mellow today.

Runnergirl- R likes to tear off a few sheets and then shred them. We can tell when R's been playing in the bathroom because it looks like piranhas ate the TP.  I'm bad and I usually come to work for an hour or two before I go home when I'm sick. But we are a 2 person office and I try to get a bunch of the paperwork stuff done and make appointment folders for bossman. There have been very few times in my tenure here that I have called in sick from home. I usually just get colds though, I don't mess around with stomach bugs!

zorbs- when B starts wearing big boy undies, you guys will look like Mexican Luchadores when you play Smile  Are you and Beth having a talk about your RP business?

eh- I remember my joints hurting like a mofo when I had growth spurts. Has she had any injuries?

Ernie- I hate running in the wind, especially with the stroller. R likes to eat crayons and playdough, I really have to keep an eye on him with those.

Bermy- Yay for celebrating DH's promotion!  And yay for your green card date!

Mer- Yay for a good evening with J!  If R is roaming free range while I'm showering I try to be fast. I try to set him up with movies and toys and make sure the stair gate is closed then go for it. So far he hasn't made me regret it (knock on wood). I hate POS treadmills, they are the worst. DH is lobbying for a TM in the control room at the dam. They used to have one and the old fat guys complained that it took up too much room, but now there are some younger Chiefs/seniors that want one, hopefully they can get one. They have a gym at work, but DH needs to be in the control room, it would take him 5 minutes to get back to his desk if something alarmed.

Jen- sorry J was naughty again at daycare. Maybe suggest to the daycare people that they adjust their discipline strategy because it doesn't seem to be helping his behavior? R got an interesting report from daycare yesterday- no time outs or hitting, but he was taunting another child- like "haha! I have the toy car and you don't!"

CA- Is O up a lot at night?  LOL at M discovering nipples!

shelby- weird about your cycle. I had planned on continuing to BF in the mornings and evenings as long as R wanted to, but ended up weaning because my Dr said that the mini pill and that amount of BF would not prevent pregnancy, so I just weaned and went on the pill.

mzm- yay for new coffee. DH liked that stuff you sent me at Christmas.  Sorry C is having such a hard time with molars- I think R had it the hardest with his first few teeth.

cx2- oh no about your sister!  The older I get, the more I dislike weddings and think they are wasteful. I'm 27 years old and I'm already crotchety!

BermyHorse

these are my four personals from yesterday that I wrote out but didn't finish:

Rg – enjoy you run esp in the lovely weather. Yes I can’t promote which group I am involved in on an internet site but I can definitely promote bfing. I actually put a nursing bra on today for the first time in months so I can show her how to adjust her clothes and work with layers! Took me back to the good old days of nursing every 2 hours. So cute on squirrels. Yay to your mom coming out!

Zorbs – you can’t control your DS’s behavior. Every kid does that. Sounds like you dealt with it well. I would yell at those women “what the f*ck are you staring at?”

Eh – yay for weights – go you! Nice on getting outside too.

Ernie – I was laughing at your LO in the bath and with the cream. So funny. Sorry you have been on your own so much this week.

these are todays!

rg - tell that front desk girl to go home! who goes to work sick?! so inconsiderate.

zorbs - enjoy that run - sounds pretty darn brutal.

jen - no idea what to expect at the interview. We are not nervous as our marriage is legit! hope your little man grows out of his funk soon.

eh - you do have a busy day - hope it goes well and you get everything accomplished. Stay warm and safe out of that wind.

mer - your showers sound just like mine. I have to block off the toilet as he will climb onto it and then onto the sink and hold the shower side of the curtain for the entire shower. It is still worth showering despite the annoyances.

CA - you have just taught your daughter to bf by the looks of it so when her time comes she will be all sorted! And have her mom there to ask for questions. Has she asked to nurse yet?

shelby - weird on your period. sorry about that, sounds awful. keep pumping girl!

mrszm - hope your gut feels a little bit better. I was not as smiley as usual when he refused to nap the fourth time. I just went out and we got on with things but phew, it was tough without the break.

arm - I had chicken breast and steamed veggies and shared it with DS. I cook out of a cookbook and then I don't have to worry about the nutritional balances of meals as it's all taken care of. YEAH for you signing up for the CMM! I am so SUPER excited to meet you!!!!! You are gonna BLAST that half as you will be so well trained from your other 2, right?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

jm - stay healthy - the last thing you need right now for you and your family is to be sick. Not to mention your race.

spike - I am so excited for you and your packing. I think we are going to move to the states in mid-march now. I need to get my butt in gear too. You inspired me!

cx2 - hi! Savour that maternity leave!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Marathonjen

CA – LOL to M and her milk.  That is too cute.  She is such a little mom.  Hope you can fit your run in during nap.

Shelby – Sorry about DS’s two wake ups…at least you got some snuggle time.  Good luck fitting in our 10 miles today.  I don’t know how you do soooooo much.  Good to know that biting is pretty normal.  He has been bit by a few different kids including a girl so I am not sure what is up with that.

Mrszm – Happy you got to go to dinner last night!  Poor C and his teething…it is tough especially when so many are coming it at once.  I hope you love your coffee…I need some.

CTimes – I hope you enjoy some peace and quiet while you are running around and C is with your mom.  Oh no…I am sorry to hear about your sister…that would be terrible…hope she feels better before the big day.

Jm – Stay healthy…take some vitamin C or something!  Good luck running errands with the kids.

Ernie – The first 3 times were the same kid the next 2 were totally different kids so he must be doing something to provoke them.  I know my kid is no angelJ

Arm – So glad DD3 is feeling better.  I hope you have a great run today.  Sorry about L’s cough…J is the SAME way…he woke up coughing the last 3 mornings…it’s like he can’t shake it.  Was wheezing a bit this morning too.  The recipes are from Kelly’s cookbook…I bought it from her site…It was $5 for 15 freezer recipes…pretty good!

Spike – R would watch a movie in the stroller?  I am super impressed even though it backfired.  J would chuck the thing right out of the stroller…we can’t bring anything he just gets to look around.  Great job on making packing progress and listing stuff for sale.  LOL to the boogers!  R is a smart kid…he is the quiet instigator!  LOL.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- I have a chariot, so R is completely enclosed. He would have to seriously huck something to get it out of the stroller- I always keep the screen down on the front and in the winter I put the vinyl weather shield down too.

Bermy- It took longer to pack the two boxes than I expected. I only packed picture frames last night.

runninmer

jmmiller - I hope you feel better as the day goes on!  Good luck getting everything done!

ernie - J likes to point out the fact that we are different and laugh.  Its cute and I just say, "yes, mommy and J are different."

armmama - You were my inspiration to make a real meal yesterday.  Thanks for commenting on making meals when DH is gone.  I felt kind of silly for being so proud of making dinner!  I hope you have a great run!

spike - I used to give J toys when we were running, but I would have to stop and pick them up because he chucked them out of the stroller.  Great job getting out there!  J had free rein to the house.  He goes up and down the stairs on his own.  He wandered, but kept close when he did.  I almost called for him once but he came toddling in! Smile

bermy  - I agree that it is worth it despite the annoyances.  I hate showering after J goes to bed because it kills my night.  It worked.  He was good!

back to page 1!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46