Womens Running

The Long Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 31 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

holy moly xposts..

bermy - what? "slept in" until 2:44?  What kind of food does the world market sell?  If you can find some grimy, smelly Asian grocery, the produce is always cheap and fresh there.

stroller - lol at throwing the plastic eggs!  B tried to fill his up with water and shake them but they have the little holes at the bottom and was pretty frustrated that he couldn't get a good shake out of them.

arm - as long as you get your LRs in and throw away any high expectations, I'm sure you'll do fine at your race.

becky - ugh, no offense, but I think Ezekiel is an ugly name.  And I know it is religious, but it makes me think of the bread.  Enjoy your peaceful morning without the idiot.  Sam also complains about an idiot girl at her office, I told her to irradiate her.

CA - ugh it's still below 0 here and my water bottle froze this morning.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

Cx2 - I think you may have a deer stalker! Oh, poor C and her scraped up face. I'm sure it will heal quickly, though. Since you got the thing out of her mouth and she didn't choke, I'd call it a mom success! Yes, I am choosing to believe the toy box incident was motivated by her desire to use the toilet, because the only other explanation is she hates me and wanted to ruin my night Smile

rg - Your mileage was amazing last month! I'm sure your body will thank you for a cutback week. Snow here, too. Yuck. And snow is in the forecast for Saturday, when I have a 5k race. Double yuck.

Dexy - Good luck with your stint as the boss! I find cold weather long runs not bad once you get going...really hot summer long runs can be even worse.

Mer - Wow, you are in the second tri! How are you feeling? Having the coffee dumped out when you are looking forward to a cup of it is not a good way to start the day.

Mrszm - Way to rock that run even after being ditched by RP! Hopefully your weekend can stay plan-free. I'm sure you could all use the time to relax and recuperate. I would say that lulu sizing is pretty true to size, but you'll need a bigger size than you take in stores that seriously vanity size their clothing, like Old Navy. For reference, I am 5'7", about 123 lbs and a 32B and I wear a 4 in both tops and bottoms at lulu.

Bermy - Thank goodness for a washer and dryer! I actually really enjoy doing laundry, too. I am so fascinated by this women who ran 71 marathons last year. You will have to give us an update on her after your run!

Stroller - Hope your intervals go well and you can get some good studying done today! When S first started taking her diaper off, I thought I was losing my mind and forgetting to put a diaper on her, until I actually saw her take it off one day. I guess I need to get her a potty and/or stop letting her run around in just a diaper.

Arm - So jealous of your nice weather! When is your half? It's funny how they use different words for things. When S wants her bottle of milk, she starts yelling "Na na na" which I don't get at all, since it has no connection to bottle or milk!

Becky - I think your diabolical journal plan is excellent. It will be interesting to see if she is too much of an idiot to get it, or if she smartens up after seeing the journal. Awesome that DH is doing so much cooking!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: I might go when DH gets back from work at 7. Chariot is in the garage and the man door is too narrow to get the stroller out and the overhead door is crazy heavy and hard to open.

TR: Must be feeling a bit better because he has the energy to be ornery. DH insisted he sleep in our bed so we could monitor his breathing and I lost my shit and had to give R a time out at 3:45 am because he was hitting and kicking.

FR: Finally went grocery shopping last night, we were literally down to condiments and canned beans. Something with chicken or ground turkey today.

NRR: I might be crazy, but I'm actually liking living in a much smaller house- its really easy with a toddler- I can hear everything and Reid always knows where I'm at so there is less clingy drama. We went from 1700 sq feet to 700, and our house we are building is 2100.

BBL for personals.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

ernie - crazy that we are doing the same things!!  Are you following a plan right now?  Don't even get me started on the home party things - drives me crazy!!!! - I hate those things almost as much as I hate Bell Canada!  That is some nasty potty business, so glad it's you and not me Smile

cx2 - My kids have eaten so many things off of the floor and they are just fine - don't worry.  DS has a big scrape on his nose from crashing on his bike on Saturday, it happens!!

rg - I've had it with the snow too.  Enjoy your day off!

dexy - will the family go for the paleo thing?  I always want to try these new "diets" but I know I will never stick to them.  I think I just need to incorporate a better balance of different foods into our diet.  Hope you can get some of the employees to do some work!  I have no advice about the marathon.  I have never run one, but I am wondering what is worse - training in the summer or training in the winter.  Those long run on cold days sounds brutal, but the long runs on hot hot days sound even worse!

mer - haha!!  DD2's first words were "No!" and "mine"  I might be exaggerating, but she has a really good handle on those two.  I am amazed at how much running you have been doing through the first tri!  Way to go mama!

mzm - you guys have had a very unhealthy last few weeks (or maybe it feels like months!)  Let us know if the dairy thing helps!  Nice about the weekend!  Hopefully it stays free!

bermy - yay for not paying rent!  We are hoping that our tenants pay their rent...Let us know how the running club is - hopefully you meet some great running partners.

stroller - sounds like you have a tough workout planned today.  Enjoy your day off, hope it's productive.

arm - stop bragging about having windows open Smile  I am so jealous!!  Hope tennis is good.  I wish I had a video camera sometimes.  I love listening to their little voices pronouncing things wrong - so cute.

becky - staining the porch - wow, you're ambitious - that would be one of those projects I'd do anything to avoid!  Have a great speed session!

ca - sounds like you have a great day planned - can we come?  Great idea to watch each others kids!  yay for spring

running eh

spike - hope you can get out tonight for a run!  our house is really small too - 1000sqft - I love that it is quick to clean - but I find it is also quick to get messy.

armmama

tennis clinic was great, then ran 6 miles after which felt so hard.  Why are runs so bad sometimes.  Ugh.

zorbs - did you tell B to sweep himself?  Wink  my girls love to sweep, problem is they suck at it.  I've substituted regular yellow mustard for dry mustard and it turned out fine.

eh - soon it'll be beautiful spring weather most everywhere else and too hot here so I'm bragging about it while I can.  Smile  I have not been through a car wash in years!

ernie - I am unmotivated to run and it's nice out.  I don't get it.  Ugh on the pooping in the toy box!  Hope it was a solid one at least...

cx2 - yikes on the deer!  I spook very easily when I'm running in the dark.  Poor C, I hope her face doesn't look too bad.

rg - an easier week sounds nice!  You deserve it!

dexy - I actually prefer spring marathons because I hate having to do long runs during the hot summer.  Uh, not that i've ever run a spring marathon.  I guess I should say I like the idea of training for spring marathons better than fall marathons.  Smile

back a little later for more - L is begging to go outside with his sidewalk chalk.

eh - DH is pretty much a paleo eater now as far as meals go but I don't think I could get him to give up dairy or alcohol (he's a big fan of gin&tonic's).  The kids will be the hardest so I am trying to focus on reducing sugar and eliminating processed foods (of which we don't eat many anyway) We try to find milk alternatives they will drink, but no favorites yet. They have enjoyed experimenting though! For the most part they are water drinkers so its not too much of a hurdle.  I'm not going to force it on anyone else in the house but since I do all the cooking/shopping/meal planning they won't have much of a say as far as whats in the house to eat.

spike - my house is 3100 sf and I feel like I am always cleaning.  I think folks generally fill any available space which just makes for more house to clean and junk to collect..

runnergirl9508

back for personals~

zorbs- how'd the MP run go today? i'd go with the dijon mustard in your recipe. bummer on the massage, hope you can get one soon! i've been thinking about getting one, maybe after i do my last LR before i taper. lol on B sweeping!

R-eh- good luck with the intervals, i HATE running later in the day too! i have no energy and little motivation. lol on the bacon and eggs to get DH to run- that's totally something my DH would do. mmm, your ravioli sounds awesome, is it homemade? aw on the car wash, i haven't taken R thru one yet, as DH always washes our cars at home.

ernie- hope your 400's go well today! I totally told DH this morning that this freezing weather killed my running mojo. I hope it's warm soon. ewww on S pooping in the toy box. Thank goodness R doesn't know how to get his diaper off. um, i never go to the at home parties either, bc i feel obligated to buy something even though the hostesses always say, don't feel like you have to buy something.

Cx2- i lol'd about your deer sightings...ah, memories of the RWOL marathoners dailies! aw, poor C, i'm sure she's ok on the fall- R had a constant black and blue forehead for about a week last summer. i thought for sure someone was going to turn me in to CPS. how's work going?

Dexy- hey, good to see you! yep, it's tough trainign for a spring marathon, but so worth it so you stay motivated to run thru the winter months! whoohoo on being the boss. whoa- i'd have given DH the iron and told him where the board was so he could fix them!

mer- wow, 14 weeks already?! how ya feeling? YAY for J sleeping in today- areyou on spring break this week? have a great day, enjoy the time off. aw, bummer on DH dumping the coffee- get a cup this afternoon!

mrszm- yay for new shoes! yay for a free weekend- i love love love those. hope the lactose-free helps your stomach settle down. no fun. glad that C is growing well, and i hope the girls all feel better soon.

Bermy- hey there! i hope the running club goes well today. 71 marathons in a year?! that's amazing!!! lol on laundry, i actually enjoy it too- cleaning the shower though, not so much. how's life in TN? sounds like you're settling in and finding your way around town.

strollermama- have fun with the 800's today! aw, cute about the cuddles. R carried the plastic eggs around ALL.DAY.LONG. after the egg hunt at my IL's. it was way cute. Oooh, hope you can make it to REI!

arm- nice job on the tennis and running today- busy workout day for you! is L saying alot of words? R is super chatty, but it's mostly babble at this point. he has about 6-10 words he says clearly. so so so jealous of your open windows!!! it was 20* this morning when i woke up, and there was snow on the ground Sad

Becky- yay for speedwork! when's your next race- Nashville? lol on Ezekial, sounds like it's great for C to have the extra kids to wear him out! good luck on the sanding- we are redoing our MBR floors, will be sanding soon. YAY for DH cooking!!!

CA- that's awesome that you and RP can watch the kids/run solo for each other. i love that set-up! Happy Bday to M!!! hahahaha on the potty. Yay for O sleeping later- woop!

Spike- hpe you can get out for a run today! ugh on R sleeping/hitting/kicking in the middle of the night! i probably would have ended up sleeping in his crib, lol. Yes a smaller house definitely has its perks for kid-watching!

Think I got everyone.....ran a nice 7 mile progression run this morning and felt good.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

Well, my child has turned me into a common criminal. I just got home from the grocery store and discovered she had sneaked a $9 wedge of parmesan cheese into my bag when I wasn't looking!

~~~~~

CA - Great set up on trading babysitting with RP. My RP is TTC right now and I've totally been thinking it'll be great when she has a baby and is on mat leave so we can trade off like that! Does O go back to sleep after that 4 am wake up? I hope so!

Spike - Ugh, having to give a time out at 3:45 am is not cool! It does sound like he's feeling better though, if he's making trouble. Our house is also small (1100 sq foot bungalow + 1100 sq foot basement) and the main living area is all open concept, which definitely makes it easier to watch the LO and to clean. The only problem is it gets cluttered fast so I have to work to keep that under control.

Eh - I am basically following Hal Higdon 10k advanced, although I have made some changes to it. I have a 5k and two 10ks coming up this spring. Are you following a plan right now? The home parties are never fun and just seem like a waste of everyone's time! I don't understand why people can't just email me their brochure and if I want to buy something, I'll let them know! Ha ha...Bell Canada is awful, but I hate Rogers even more.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

armmama

mer - L so far is a yes man.  I wonder when that'll change.  ha.

mrszm - this year's viruses are nasty.  According to the dr measurements L is tall and skinny, but to me he looks short and fat!

bermy - I can't wait to hear about your run with the marathon lady!  Hooray for doing laundry!  I love World Market, although I haven't bought much food there.  They have a kitchen table I want though!

strollermama - enjoy your day off!  Have fun at REI!

becky - my DH always says he loves to cook but then keeps picking out meals he needs me to make.  It's annoying me, I want a break!

CA - happy birthday to M!  Love the shrimp and rice request.  My oldest loves shrimp but it has to be plain, so can not be cooked with any seasonings or anything else.

ernie - my half is April 27.  I keep signing up for these races thinking I can get faster between halves but then I don't feel like running or putting in more work.  Oh well, it's still fun to run and get a medal.  Smile

spike - I can see how a smaller place is nice for a while.  But I think I'd go crazy in 700 sq ft after a while!

rg - no, L isn't saying a whole lot of words.  He seems to be picking some up now though and is babbling a lot more so I think more words are coming!

running eh

ernie - I have a 10k in about 8 weeks.  I have printed off a few 10k plans.  I think I am going to follow the idea but try to slowly increase my mileage at the same time.  I may leave out a bit of the speedwork and concentrate on increasing mileage with the goal of the fall marathon.  I am afraid if I get to strict with myself now I will not want to do the marathon training in the summer.  I was reading your post to Spike - not only do we have the same running plans and the same hate for home selling parties, but I think we live in identical houses.  Smile

mrszackmorris

strollermama: i didnt feel a big difference in the toe box. when i got a pedicure the other day she cut both of my cuticles on my big toe pretty badly so that was hurting afterwards. But i blame that on the cuts not the toe box.  Good to know about the small chest. I have no issues in that area since i am bordering on little to next to nothing. Wink

BermyHorse

Zorbs – that’s a cruel long run. What is your mp now? Enjoy your coffee!! DS hasn’t STTN for about 5 weeks. 2.44am is the longest I have slept in one night for that time. And that was after my 20m run. What a treat. No idea on world market other than food from different ‘world places’ – looks like a really grotty grocery store, so from your description I am hopeful.

Eh – too funny on breakfast for DH. Have you settled on a programme? That advanced marathoning book scares the crap out of me. It is really technical and I am not and am scared that in 4 weeks I am running all that way and know nothing.

Ernie – boo on being freezing cold. Too funny on your criminal daughter! Ooops. You could take it back or offer to pay for it as an honest person. I would.

Cx2 – glad you caught DD eating the fabric thingy. Well done. Yay for dress pants – look at you miss business! Deer are so beautiful. I saw two this morning. Well, one of the chicks pointed them out to me as they were so well hidden.

Rg – yay for cutting yourself some slack. Have you ever done brad Husdons’s hm plan – the level 3 one? I need a good plan for SeaWheeze. I am really enjoying TN actually. Super 20m run by the way – you really are running well. Are you hoping to break 3hrs?

Dexy – aw on DH being stressed. Hope it sorts itself out. Yay for being the boss!!! Enjoy it! That can go on your resume! I like the way you think and post – don’t worry if it sounds cluttered. Paleo sounds interesting.

Mer – would love to see photos of your blanket as a work in progress.

Mrszm – glad your DSs check went well. Glad you went to see docs. Wow on shoes being such a hit!

Strollermama – good luck with those 800s. I have 800s planned this week. I am recovering from my LR and then will hit it! Hope you are feeling a bit better about juggling everything.

Arm – by world market I meant a grocery store with different ethnic foods. DH adores Mexican. Oh and we shopped at Krogers on Sunday and we actually liked it more than Publix for store size and choice. DH got a bamboo plant which he loves. Your running sounds very natural and spontaneous at the moment – sounds great!

Becky – enjoy your speedwork on the tm. Too cute on triplets. Imagine trying to bf those? One exhausts me let alone 3.

CA – GREAT ST workout from your notes the other day. You have inspired me to try and integrate my DS into the childcare programme at the Y just for an hour or two so I can ST again. And I think I have found a KILLER hm training programme for seawheeze – the brad Hudson L3. Will post on fb and see if anyone has done it. I think bermy coach did it and loved it. It peaks at 64mpw. Ok, now I type that out, it might kill me.

Spike – I was thinking of you and when DS was kneading my back in the night with his knees and feet I thought “this actually feels really good after my LR. Kinda, sorta like a massage”. My last house in bermy was super small and it was so easy for DS to get around and be ‘with me’ even though we were doing different things.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

Eh - That's too funny! We are twins!

Bermy - If it was from the grocery store in town, I would definitely return it. But it's from a store that's a 25 minute drive away, so I'm afraid I shall be risking my karma and keeping the cheese.

armmama

bermy - oh... I was thinking of cost plus world market  Smile