Womens Running

Welcome to the weekend! (over 40) (Read 239 times)

Bikerchick1

Lisa Marie - Just read your RR!!!  Congratulations to you!!!  There is nothing like finishing that first race Big grin .... great job!

Arimathea

Tessa

Congratulations Lisa Marie! First race and sub-40! Julie, no I didn't know you're in recovery, congratulations. Carol, what is the Tridge? A parkway or bike path? Carolyn, DS doesn't like to run either. Gatsbybird, Shadow is a gorgeous race. Linda, I think most communities have good and bad areas. Ours certainly does. Congratulations Karen on the swimming, Marjorie and Linda and Laura on the runs! Very sleepy, headed for bed. I did 21.1 today and then spent most of the rest of the day cooking and putting up the tree.Good night...
      LC Runs

Good Sunday Morning!

Just back from 10 miles, they are calling for snow this afternoon but right now the roads are nice and dry.

Lisa Marie - great job!

Tessa - wow, 21.1 miles - you are amazing!

Hi Karen (AG) - we cross posted yesterday!

Yesterday was a success, got our Xmas tree and the kids decorated it.  My DD did a great job in the parade with the marching band.  Today, I have some shopping to do and then the youth group church program is tonight, so going to see that.  I think I am heading into work in a bit to try and get some work done, not fun but it will be nice and quiet there so maybe I can get a bit ahead.

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning all!  

Had a good run yesterday with RB and Garmin.  Oh my goodness, the data!  I have some kinks to work out with the lap counter.  I couldn't figure out how to tell the Garmin how register distance for manual lap entry.  It has auto lap, but you have to have a foot pod for that.  So, I just put the distance in manually in Garmin Connect.   Slight learning curve here.

Will run again today... maybe a little speed work to mix things up. (really, I just want to play with the HRM... lol)

Tessa - yep!  20 years.  I am grateful.   Nice run - 21 miles is tremendous.  

Lisa - great goals.   My goal for next year is a 10K by the end of the summer.   (oh jeeze.... I just said that out loud).   So we can cheer each other on!  I also have some friends who have begun to seriously consider a Ragnar in early 2014.  We'll see.  That's a BIG one.  

Lisa-Marie - I posted on your RR.   Congrats!!!  As for the Garmin - if you like data and setting goals motivate you, then go for it.   I started running in April.  Looking at my data, analyzing it and learning from it has become a part of my routine.  I love it.

LC - nice 10.  And hooray on the Christmas Tree, kids, youth group and marching bands..... it just sounds like the holiday to me!

My students have their final exam tomorrow.  Whew!   They have been a great class, but I'm ready to be done for the semester.  

Have a great Sunday!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

ginnyb

Congratulation Lisa Marie!  Good job.

I ran 5+ this morning and felt great.  Very gloomy here again today.  Yesterday it misted all day and was very depressing, today is the same.  I would rather have snow than this, really.

Got up early and did a batch of Christmas cookies and then did my run.  So by 8 a.m. I have done a 5 mile run and baked 4 dozen cookies..not bad for an old lady!  This afternoon I am getting a mani/pedi I hope if they aren't too busy, also grocery shopping which I do not enjoy.  Wonder what a relaxing Sunday feels like???

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RunningSister

Favorite Sister of All!

Good morning!

Slept in and still feel tired LOL!

Tessa--WTG on the 21+ miles not to mention all the activities afterward!! Hope you get some rest today!

AG--Glad to hear the swimming is going well!  It'll be neat to see how much you improve over the 6 weeks. 

LCRuns--Great that you got 10 in before the snow!  Woo Hoo on getting the tree up and decorated.  I considered going shopping today; however, I am in no mood to fight the crowds--will aim for Wednesday instead!

Lisa-Marie--WTG on your first 5K and surpassing your goal.  Loved your RR!  I find that most of the races I have run register longer on my Garmin--probably because I have to weave a little and don't always run the inside of the curves--I always want credit for that extra distance LOL!!  Sounds like the 10K will be a great race for you as well!! 

Julie-D--WTG on the run! There was a definite learning curve for me as well with the Garmin, but it didn't take long and it was worth the effort!

MMR--Loved the pics--Hmm basketball on a trampoline--not sure how that would work for me! 

Ginny--Glad you had a nice 5+ today!  Gloomy here today as well--probably why I enjoyed sleeping in!  I need your energy!!

Football Sunday--off to grocery store so I can do some baking while watching the games.  No run today--have 18 on the books for early tomorrow morning followed by a day at work--going to enjoy the day with DH today and try to get something done other than sitting around LOL

Have a great dayCool

Julia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Keep Running! Cross the finish line! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linda

Tessa:  21 miles all in a days work (day off that is).  Amazing!

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

19.3 for me again today.  My stomach was cramping a lot and it hurt between mile 4 and 8 but I made it through the run.

We took the pups to get their pics with Santa today as well.  Pics are on FB.  They are such good little guys when it comes to getting their pictures done.  Hammy insisted on Santa rubbing his belly.  Silly dog.

Lisa Marie good job on the race.

Tessa way to go on the run.  I was going to do 20 today but with my stomach being such a pain literally at the beginning I decided not to do another 7 tenths.

Laura good for you getting stuff done for Christmas.  Yesterday after puppy pool I spent a long time getting all the leaves out of the flower bed.  If they weren't Bradford pear tree leaves I'd have left them, but these don't break down as fast like an oak or maple leaf so they had to come out.  At least all I had to do today was run and take the pups to see Santa.  Not like last Sunday where I was a whirlwind of activity after my run.

Julie you'll get the hang of it eventually.  Getting the settings right for your Garmin takes time

Ginny LOL relaxing Sunday.  Does that exist?

Lisa the trampoline pics are great!

Julia nothing wrong with sleeping in.  I didn't today since I knew we needed to take the pups to get pics and it was going to be near 80 today so I wanted to get my run done super early.

Carolyn how did the run feel?  Is it going okay.  Sorry DD complained the whole time.

Linda sorry it wasn't me asking about Housewives.  I've never watched that show, ever.

Karen good for you surviving your pool class.  You'll do fine.  My mom was a water safety instructor and she loved teaching people to swim.  She once taught an 80 year old how to swim that was scared to death of the water.

Hey Lisa KQ.  Love that you are posting again.

Hammy had a flare of his arthritis pain at the pool about 20 min in and he yelped really loud.  Quincy about jumped in the pool.  Good thing I had him on a leash as he flew to the side of the pool reacting to his brothers cry.  He was fine but he is such a drama boy.  Finished his swim and then acted like getting down the steps out of the building was hard but hopped right in the car and right out of the car when we got home.  I hate that he has some bad arthrits but he will be fine.  We have glucosamine for him but when we gave it to him before it didn't help.  If he continues we will ask the vet to send us to a rheumatologist vet. 

Marjorie

Linda

Marjorie: Great job on 19! I wonder who asked me about Ojai.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Argh!! had a long post almost done and hit something so it disappeared.  grumbling...

Lisa Marie-congrats on your FIRST 5k.  So exciting!!

Julie-have you started to look for that 10k yet.

Sorry, now I'm out of time...

12.25 this morning on another set of trails. Inching back up on weekly mileage.

Lisa

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Quick check in: Got in 3.25 on the outdoor track today.  I thought I might do some speed work.  But, my tummy was out of sorts all day.  So, I just ran.  I loved that my last couple of laps were the fastest.   It was a bit too chilly for my liking.  But, the sun was out.  Can always use some Vitamin D!!  

G'nite all

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.