Womens Running

No treadmill Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 20 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 6K or so outside, I considered the TM to save on laundry, but the weather isn't horrible, so why should I?

RR#2 - there's a 5K in our town on NYE, DH would rather us do the race, while B is at my parents' house and forgo dinner out. Surprised

RR#3 - yesterday I got the worst case of mom dribbles while running.  Sometimes I'm fine, some days I regress to 10 days PP.  Murphy's law is that I'm only wearing the padded undies and not a poise pad on the bad days.  So I smelled like a really dirty hobo with 2 more clients to train.  I had a change of everything except pants because I don't expect that my pants would get really nasty in colder weather.  I texted Amy, who lives closest to the gym and borrowed pants from her.  Fortunately the skirt brigade are all pretty much the same size.

TR - peeing a bit at daycare.  Decided he prefers sitting on the little potty lately. Epic tantrum at the start of music class.  Got his first report card (from music class) and she had not bad things to say about him but obviously the teacher wrote the report before yesterday and she talked to me after class wondering why his behaviour had regressed the last couple of weeks.

FR - chicken pie, salad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - had a great 4.5 stroller run yesterday.  my legs felt dead on this morning's 3 mile run.

NRR - staff meeting followed by visiting my grandma in the hospital.  She had a fall last week and broke her arm.

FR - fish, noodles, beets - I think....

KR - DS got in trouble at school yesterday again.  He has trouble handling conflict appropriately, apparently.

Erniegirl

RR - I'm about to head out for 9k.

TR - Back to her night owl ways. It's been 11 pm before she goes to sleep the past few days.

FR - Penne with tomato sauce, peppers, zucchini, mushroom and sausage

NRR - So, my friend who had her baby 8 weeks early has the baby home now and is having a baby shower/meet the baby party this weekend. But the doctor just told her the baby's immune system is still weak so he doesn't recommend  she have the baby around that many people. So she just sent a message to everyone that basically said "since I can't have my baby at the party, no one else is allowed to bring their kids either, because that's not fair." Huh? Is it just me, or is that really weird?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

RR: a really nice 8.25 mile run this morning. It's just above freezing, and felt warm out. I had to stop my garmin and walk across one bridge because it was a sheet of ice.

TR: took him to the park yesterday afternoon and he ran around nonstop laughing like a maniac. Woke up a few times during the night whimpering- bad dreams maybe?

NRR: planning to get our Xmas tree this weekend. We've already put up lights and other decorations in the house.

Bbl for personals.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

Yawn - so sleepy today.  Already on my second cup of coffee today.

RR:  TM tonight

TR:  Wore his neon pants that he picked out today.  DH did everything to persuade him that he did not need these pants but the kiddo loves them.

NRR:  DH are not on good terms right now.  Most of it is because of his mother.  How do you tell your adult husband to grow up and stop telling his mommy EVERYTHING!  Nike DC is on the same weekend of C's b-day.  His parents want to come down for it now.  I wanted to ride the train up, stay in a posh hotel and be pampered that weekend.  Nooooooo, now we have to hang out with his mom and dad.

FR:  Italian sausages and salad.

beckykay

Zorbs:  a 5k on NYE would be fun if it involved bar hopping along the way....

Eh:  Oh no, poor gma!  I hope she recovers quickly.

Ernie:  Wow that is really selfish.  its not like any of her friends could help the fact that she had her baby 8 weeks early.

RG:  Confession - I had my Christmas tree up for two weeks now.  I love Christmas decorating!  C whimpers in his sleep when he gets overstimulated during the day, or when he has nightmares.  It breaks my heart to hear it though.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Maybe tomorrow depending how my back feels. My back was jacked up and I have another date with the Chiro on Thursday.

TR: Being snotty and defiant. I had a FD banquet meeting last night and R was showing off for my friends. Chelsey took a video of R making animal noises, they were all most impressed by his horse whinny.

FR: turkey shepherd's pie with mashed cauli topping last night. Holiday Open House today and I have 2 ginormous pork shoulder roasts in my oven that I will take out and shred at lunch.

NRR: Went to go buy my mattress yesterday and the sales lady said if it were her, she'd wait 2 weeks until the next sale to see if I can save money since it only takes them like a week to get orders in.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - your dinner sounds like a rather eclectic combination. re: dead legs..I believe in the 1 easy day per mile raced rule.

ernie - that email sounds like prime STFU, Parents material and I would seriously say "how about both me AND my baby stay home?"

rg - haha, I also stop my Garmin when I walk, like a couple weeks ago when the road was closed and I had to jump a fence and walk through a field with tall grass.

becky - stop telling K anything you don't want repeated to MIL? you were going to take off on C's bday weekend? the NYE 5K will conclude with serious boozing at home.

spike - horse whinny sounds hilarious!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- ugh I hate that. It happens to me sometimes too. The worst is when you sneeze and leak and its totally unexpected. R is making up for being a really good boy for a week or so by having major attitude and some potty regression so I feel you there too.

eh- sorry about your grandma, ouch! Did DS hit someone?

Ernie- why have the party if a baby can't be present? She should just postpone it.

runnergirl- R woke up a bunch last night too.

Becky- Sorry you and DH are on the outs. DH is pretty meh on anything family related, so I often have the opposite problem where I have to twist his arm to get him to do anything with his parents (whom I like very much). LOL at the neon pants.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

zorbs- ugh on the mommy dribbles Sad That's awesome that DH wants to do the race on NYE!!! guess he's been bitten by the running bug, eh? does he plan to try longer distances, like a half? bummer on B's tantrums- hope they are just a phase that pass quickly. lol, I wouldn't even call what I was doing this morning walking- it was more like a grandma shuffle across that bridge. no idea why it wasn't shoveled/salted.

reh- aw, I hope your grandma recovers quickly from her fall! uh oh- hope everything is ok with DS at school. I hate those dead-legs runs. have you picked out another race to train for?

Ernie- hope the run went well this morning! ugh, that stinks on the super late bedtimes. i'd never make it! ummm, why doesn't your friend just WAIT to have the shower/party until the baby is old enough to be around everyone?!

becky- LOL on the neon pants- at least he will be easy to spot! Ugh, sorry about the rough patch with DH. that mother-son relationship can be so tricky. when DH and I got engaged, I made him close out the joint checking account that he had with his mom. for two reasons- 1. we lived 3hrs away, so it was impractical to have that account anyways, not like he could drive down the street and access the funds. 2. I told him that our finances were none of his parent's (or anyone else's) business. I think he thought I was a little crazy at first, but then he realized I had a point. Marriage is about a husband + wife- NOT a MIL too

spike- I hope the chiro is able to get your SI joint back in place! ugh, sorry on the snotty defiance, but he sounds cute with his animal noises. hope the Open house goes well today- is it work-related? whoo hoo on saving some $ on the mattress

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs/running gear junkies- check out this article with some new exercise fashion lines http://www.today.com/style/sweat-style-5-fashionable-fitness-lines-2D11678824

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- we do a client appreciation open house every year. I volunteered to do the meat- they normally just do meatballs and little smokies and we wanted to do something different.

beckykay

RG:  EXACTLY!  I think DH still has a joint account with MIL that I don't know about that he transfers money to since he is still paying off a loan they took out for him (7 years later).

Zorbs:  No, DH calls his mom to tell her every time we go somewhere and asks if they want to join - not that I am telling him things I don't want her to know.

Spike:  LOL, our open house is meatballs and little smokies Smile

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

zorbs/running gear junkies- check out this article with some new exercise fashion lines http://www.today.com/style/sweat-style-5-fashionable-fitness-lines-2D11678824

I have a pair of Sweaty Betty tights on my pinterest, but I would never, EVER pay $145 USD for tights. Even though they are gorgeous.

superspike113

Honorary Old

I have a pair of Sweaty Betty tights on my pinterest, but I would never, EVER pay $145 USD for tights. Even though they are gorgeous.

I had a hard time shelling out $100 for my lulu tights. You get a pretty good discount with lulu though right?