Womens Running

Wanting Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Wanting weather we don't have currently.

Heat would be nice for some of us... rain for others.. what do you want?

Ginny-whether or not the kids turn out okay is irrelevant (damn free choice thing so I wouldn't base entry on that), it's the parenting part. Need to have been routinely and loudly nominated for worst parent ever award by your child to qualify-- parenting pets counts too. smile. We do need to get together.

Karen-I hope your coat comes very soon. actually I hope it mistakenly comes to Detroit instead.

Sue-bummer on the password not working.

Cindy-kids on their own for entertainment? hope no one was stapled to the wall. (former coworkers kids did that to a younger sibling... she found out 20 years after)

Damaris-hope you get better quickly!

Marjorie-hope the hip rebounds.

Camille-sounds like a nice place for a hike...why is it called Red Top?

Judy-we've worn the "not November" thing out early this year, haven't we?  bet your crock pot is also getting a workout.

Last night I asked DD how to add songs to my years of collecting running songs on my shuffle.  I've spent time putting together a list of beat per minute songs.  She put shuffle in and started to show me how to add songs.  I asked where the rest of my songs were and she said gone.  ACK!!!!  I showed great restraint in not killing or crying.   She then spent time showing me a free music download site and I found the post from 4 years ago where I had listed my playlist, at the time, so that I could search for them.  New computer so the older songs weren't saved on it anywhere.  She also then loaded the songs I found last night onto the shuffle for me.  I just couldn't believe that 5 hours of music was gone in a split second.  I'm up to 3 hours back on it but some are just new stuff so not sure if it will work.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, I have a medium sized crock pot that is perfect for lentil soup (last weekend's soup). Ingredients: Chicken bouillon, lentils, carrots, celery, onions and spinach. Topped servings with grated parmesan. Yum! It cooks well over night.

I'll do split pea soup another weekend. I like small carrot and potato chunks in it.

Tuesday I went straight home and did my cardio workout. Fifteen minutes of it is actual running, the rest is cardio marching, jumping, etc.

Today will be a mixed workout of cardio and weights.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Working from home and will hit the TM in the basement later for a few miles. Government is on a two-hour delay, but we haven't seen a snow plow in our neighborhood yet (we got about 8" snow). I figure it will be noon at least, then I'd be going in for a couple hours and just coming back home, so I'll just work here. Glad I got my computer yesterday morning. I emailed this morning that I was doing this, and I've gotten responses from two coworkers stuck in Metro hell trying to get in to the office. One said he finally got off two stops early and walked. It's 6 degrees, feels like -15, and walking an extra 3/4 of a mile was preferable to any more time on Metro. Yikes.

Lisa, I can only imagine how you felt when DD said (matter-of-factly I'm sure) that the music you had was gone. Oof.

Morning Judy, stay warm!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Good morning!  Cold for us (about 10 here in hills) and we had about an hour with pouring, blowing snow yesterday as the front moved in, but only a dusting stayed on the deck and wooded areas.  It's sunny with little wind and doesn't look that chilly.

Lisa, the area around Red Top was an iron mining region with iron furnaces years ago and the soil is very red.  Thanks for reminding us that we are doing a lot of the right things.  With your weather, is it time for a work trip?  Florida?  Texas?

Cindy, way to go on your streak!  I hope your weather isn't too bad.

Karen, I think it's awesome that you're ranked number 22!  Now if you were in a small town, 22 in AG might not be remarkable, but in DC?  That's a big city...impressive!  Wasn't it your mom who thought you wouldn't do that half a long time ago? You'll have to remind her. : )

Sue, congrats on #1 in AG!  Don't be hard on yourself.

Demaris, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Hi Ginny, Judy and Laura!

I have a cold...just a head cold and not that bad.  I took Nyquil last night and slept about 9 hours, unheard of for me. I had no idea it was that potent.   I'm probably going to take it again tonight.  : )

At this point, I don't want to drive into town to the gym and will prob just walk and/or stair climb today unless I get more energetic later.   I'm thinking about getting a bike trainer for these days.

Linda

Lisa:  ITunes is incomprehensible to me.  I only use the Sony Mp3 player, because iTunes is always sinking things, deleting things, adding things when I even turn it on.  I'm sorry!

good morning Judy & Karen.

No running for me today, but I've got some pineapple to eat Smile

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Jumping in to say a quick hello. I got in 8.4 chilly miles this morning - it was 20 degrees when I left the house, which is pretty chilly for us. I broke out my fleece jacket, which I only wear a couple of times a year. Now off to make dinner to take to a friend who's been suffering from nerve pain in her hip. I feel really bad for her - it's been going on for several months, they can't seem to determine the cause, and it's really incapacitating. She's a very active person - runs, swims, bikes, goes to the Y - so this is both very frustrating and very scary for her. Her DH said that the company of me going by will be as much help to her as the meal.

Have a great day everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Hey!  Group power this morning.  Cold here!  27F and windy this morning.

Apparently my ID card (used for computer access) needs to have the pin reset.  I hope I can do that downstairs.  Otherwise I will have to go to the shipyard today.  BOTHER!!!  At least I got ahold of tech support today.

Later!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa I'm in for a no drama dinner!  I want heat. It isn't that cold compared to other places but I'm freezing!  I don't like cold weather.  Hip was good today. I know losing songs sucked. All the pics on my phone are gone. When I got my new phone they didn't transfer over. Good thing I didn't really need them and the ones I wanted I had in FB.

Sue ure I hate password issues. My computer has started every morning locking my password. Our help desk has no idea why. But it has done it three days in a row. I'm not amused. It is fine all day but each morning this week I have to call them to unlock. The second level guy just played around in my computer and said it is fine and nothing looks wrong. Sigh.

Karen yikes. 8 inches of snow?  No thanks.   Woot on being ranked!  That is so great

Camille not as cold here and no snow. The sun is deceiving as it looks warm until you step outside.

Linda yum. I love pineapple

Cindy I wore my running fleece pull over today and it was just perfect for the run

did 10.5 this am. Pretty good run. Hip cooperated.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Lisa - ooo, ooo, I qualify! We told DS1 that he couldn't play an online game that we deemed inappropriate, and he had a big old fit that included communicating at an elevated volume how much he hates me and what a terrible mom I am. Can I come to dinner too?

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2