Womens Running

WEDNESDAY DIVAS (Read 21 times)

outwestrunner

NC - How old is T?  J can be a bit of a bully to P but he never really beats her up.

LucyBelle

Meli: The 2 schools that are now in the running are in the area we already are, in NY, or in Worcester, Mass. I'd be fine with either option. The school in Cali is out, for practical purposes. Logistically, we just couldn't make it work.

NC: I really want Lucy to be in the engagement pics, and I think she will be! I want some good pics of her with us to keep forever. On top of everything else going on right now, Lucy is starting to show her age - going blind, deaf, and losing bowel control. Cry My poor puppy.

NorCal

He will be 10 this month. Well we may have missed his birthday, maybe that's what's wrong!? lol. Belle is going on 8, so they have been together for a long time. Maybe he's just turning into an old, grumpy cat!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

Lucy- Oh no, I'm sorry Lucy is starting to show her age. How old is she now? I think having her in some of the pictures is a good idea. Poor puppy. Sad It' so hard seeing them age. Louie is doing great, really, but he's tired a lot. Like sleeps and sleeps and sleeps. then he'll be active and that tires him back out. But I think his vision and hearing are still fairly good, but not great. His joints are stiff and creaky tho.

PRs: 

LucyBelle

NC: We don't know for sure! The vet estimated 6 or 7 when we got her, which would make her 12 or 13. It is sooooo sad seeing her start go downhill. She can no longer hear us when we come home, so we have to wake her up by very gently patting her, but that startles her, then it takes her eyes a few minutes to focus and figure out it's us. She's started running into doors and walls (sounds funny, but it's sad) and getting really hesitant going up and down stairs because she can't see them well. She used to get really scared walking in high traffic areas, the sounds of the cars would make her cower, but now she just trots right along because she can't hear them! And for the past few weeks she's been having issues where she will let us know she needs to go out, but sometimes a little bit will escape her before she can get outside. I'm somehow still convinced she'll live forever though...

NorCal

Lucy- Oh man that is rough to see, I'm sure. Louie will also get startled if we pet him when he's sleeping, he jolts awake like he had no idea we were near him. I wonder if there's anything that can help with Lucy's bladder control? Like maybe it's not just old age, but could she have a medical issue? 12 seems kind of young for her to be losing control. But maybe not. I just like to think that 12 IS really still young and yes, our dogs WILL live forever....

PRs: 

outwestrunner

NC - Maybe it IS because you forgot his birthday. Cats are hella finicky.

Lucy - Oh man, sorry to hear about Lucy. That is hard. My mom's dog is 12 and is starting to show his age. But 12 is a long time for a dog, when you think about it. I vote get some pictures with her!

outwestrunner

Pet-related...PnJ will be 10 this year, which I know is middle-aged for a house cat but at the same time, I  know I will be the paranoid pet mom. Not to be morbid, but I hope they go at the same time. They've always been PnJ. Cant' have a P without the J.

LucyBelle

NC: I don't know, I do plan on taking her to the vet for a full check-up very soon. It's not bladder control, really, I mean she can't hold it as long as she used to, but she still rarely has that kind of accident. It's bowel control. It seems like a little poop just...falls out before she realizes she needs to go out? TMI. Hahaha.

outwestrunner

Lucy - She really might not be aware of it anymore..so maybe if you take her out when you think she needs to go, you can avoid accidents in the house?

LucyBelle

Outwest: Yup, that's what we're trying to do! Occasionally somehow we miss the window and end up finding a little nugget in the house when we least expect it. LOL.

NorCal

Lucy- Oh, gotcha on the bladder vs. bowel control. Poor thing. She probably just isn't as aware or doesn't notice it's happening. At least she's a little dog, so they're just little "nuggets" lol.

OWR- I guess 10 is really middle aged for cats. I still feel like mine are young because I can't believe I've had them so long. Time just seems to fly by!

PRs: 

outwestrunner

Lucy - If it makes you feel any better, I have that problem with P, because she's so fluffy. The turds get caught in her hair and end up falling off somewhere else in the house. I call them "renegade turds".

outwestrunner

NC - You are telling me! PnJ have been around forever but doesn't seem that long ago that they were teenagers.

NorCal

Looks like they have a suspect in custody.

PRs: