Womens Running

Freezing Friday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

actually it is nowhere near as bad as yesterday..only -5C this morning.

ER - ST, hot tub.  My butt is still really sore from the lunges I did on Wednesday, I had 30 pounds in each hand.

TR - stayed dry all day and we even went to the mall in underwear and made it to the bathroom there when he told me he had to go! now if only he'll poop...

FR - cauliflower mac

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Wondering if our RA days are over?!  

RR:  Got in 3.1 last night.  I just didn't feel good.  I have been having a lot of poo issues when running which sucks because then I feel like crap the rest of the night.

TR:  Went with DH to Home Depot to get our Christmas Tree.  Told DH when they are done "I have fun at Home Depot."  Got a pic this morning of him feeding H his bottle.  I am amazed at how much J loves his brother.  I hope they are BFFs for life....

TR#2:   This may sound silly, but J is starting to "pretend" with things right now.  He was in the bath and was using his wash cloth and told me it was a band aid.  It is awesome to see him to start to use his imagination!

BR:  DH told me yesterday was the worst day so far with H.  I guess he cried a LOT and didn't nap until the afternoon.  Ate really well yesterday which makes me feel good.

NRR:  I had something here.  I just started my xmas shopping for DH.  Ordered a few things from Amazon, am going to get him some GC to the Chiropracter (ha!), and then the regular socks, underwear, etc.  We set a budget and I have no idea what to buy him this year.  I feel like I am buying just to buy.

FR:  Dinner last night was good.  Minute steak and instant stuffing.  Not sure about tonight...probably breakfast.

BRB for ALL the personals! Wink

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - something this morning, probably on the treadmill - It's not that cold out but I feel like catching up on my DVR.

TR - slept till almost 7:30 this morning!  Is already trying to play the "but daddy lets me" card...  Last night when I went up to send her back to bed she said "mommy daddy didn't tuck me in"... must confirm everything she says w/ DH to see if it's true.

BR - still sleeping!  Didn't sleep well, she's teething I think.  Gave her advil in the night, she was fussy just before bed.

NRR - day off work, sending the kids to the dayhome and getting stuff done, run, xmas shopping, maybe a hair cut, quick house tidy, need to get my brows done, etc...  not sure how many things I have time for.

WR - still not sure if I'm working next week... couldn't find boss after he sent the ambiguous email, and he didn't send another.  I emailed him and said that i had made an appt on monday already so wouldn't be in but would be in tuesday unless I heard different.  Went for beers w/ the piping dept after work and networked - their manager quit and is going to the company I want to go to.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - my butt was so sore from squats and sinle leg deadlifts I did Monday... and I only had 20 lbs of weights, that's what I get for slacking on weights at the end of marathon training.

mer - Sad yeah it's sad how quiet it is here. I can do fb on weekends, but actually prefer the format of RA, there's too much scrolling on FB to see the post. I had a lot of poo issues after O too. They are better now but I still have them for LR's and evening runs. I have taken immodium before races so it's not an issue then.

runninmer

zorbs - I've heard that poo is harder for boys with pting.  You are doing great.  DH was dumb and told J he could wear underwear when he poo'd on the toilet.  The kid will never be pt'd.  I might try undies when I am home on break.

CA - Yeah, I think my issues are pregnancy/delivery related.  I just don't feel good when I run.  I don't have much time at home to read all the FB posts and it is late so posting would be silly.  I hope you get the work stuff figured out for next week.  I work next week, but then am off until the 2nd.  I can't wait to be home again.  More than anything, I can't wait to not have to wash all the pump stuff, pump, etc.

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Gah so ready for the weekend!

RR: going to run with RP after work. Hopefully at least 5 miles.

TR: Hot mess last night. Napped at daycare for 3.5 hours and was waking up when I showed up to retrieve him at 5 pm. He still went to bed at 8 and slept til 6. Growing?  He was good at the grocery store- wanted to be carried everywhere so didn't mind riding in the cart and bought it when I told him the car carts were broken.

FR: Mongolian tofu last night. I only used half the garlic and ginger the recipe called for and it was still super pungent. DH ate it despite the garlic, suprisingly. I'm impressed with his tofu eating because he's a super picky eater. Really want to make borscht tonight, but I think I'll have to make it for lunch one day instead because I'm not sure DH will eat beets.

NRR: Lining up some of the last minute little stuff for our house like garbage service, internet, propane, etc etc. Going shopping BY MYSELF on Sunday, WOOHOO!! R's godmother is picking him up from daycare to play tonight too- they haven't seen eachother in a couple weeks and are having withdrawals.

NRR2: My sister put up a post of FB yesterday about it being "only 2 sleeps until my family Christmas, I can't wait" or some crap like that, I'm sure it was for my benefit. She has never ever been that excited for our family Christmas before. I'm excited because I'm taking R to see Santa and ride in a firetruck covered in Christmas lights instead of dealing with passive aggressive manipulation and likely food contamination.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Holy lunges!  Great job on the potty front with B!  R loves dropping a deuce at the grocery store, he tells me he needs to go to the bathroom at least on 50% of our trips to the store.

mer- R is pretending too, its really cute. He plays with older kids at daycare so he gets some really funny ideas. I feel you on the gifts. I suck at gift shopping when forced by calendar circumstances. I had a ton of poomonster problems when I came back to running after R.

CA- Lame about your boss. I hope you enjoy your day off! Where did Bermy go? It has gotten really quiet around here, I also find RA format easier to read and post.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - do you think the poo issues are due to your insides still getting back to normal? I certainly felt that way for a LONG time PP.  I never buy anything creative for my DH, always clothes, books, DVDs.

CA - is it possible to sit down with your boss and at least talk about next week as opposed to playing email tag?

spike - wow tofu and beets on consecutive nights..should plan for something more man friendly soon, right? My DH loved the curry fake meat, he was like, "this is really good, where did you buy it? did it come all seasoned already?"

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - my dh doesn't like beets either, he likes his mom's borscht because it hardly tastes like beets and has full fat cream in it. My DH would not eat the tofu though, but would eat super garlicy food. Solo shoppng is awesome!!!

zorbs - yes, talking in person would be the mature thing to do... I looked for him yesterday but couldn't find him, then he had left for the day, thus the email.

runninmer

spike - Yeah, I royally messed up my Secret Santa gifts and feel really bad.  It will hopefully go out tomorrow. Sad  Yay for shopping on your own.  I was so excited to run errands without kids yesterday.  However, I find myself running because I feel like I need to get home ASAP.  J has been eating a TON lately.  It must be a growth spurt.  He just seems so BIG sometimes!

zorbs - I always feel like I have to poo, try, and nothing happens.  So I run, things shift, and I have to poo, hold it, then all hell breaks loose when I get home.  It sucks.  I just want to run and feel good.  DH is getting CD's, DVDs, a GC for the Chiro, leather gloves, and other random food he can binge on!

Upcoming Races: 

runnergirl9508

RR: 4.5 super hilly miles this morning, in an area I don't get to run in very often. nice change of scenery.

TR: loves to help me out with everything now- unloading the dishwasher, getting laundry out of the dryer, feeding the dog. he's growing up so fast.

NRR: we have NO plans this weekend, and I love it! probably will finish Christmas shopping and start wrapping gifts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- nice ST workout this morning! I never used the hot tub at the gym that I worked at- too many creepy, hairy old men sitting in it. lol. YAY for B staying dry all day- even at the mall! hope the poop training comes quick.

mer- I try to post here and on FB. I prefer posting here- it's easier to read/reply. but so many of our group is on FB and I want to stay connected! sorry about the pooping issues while running. hope you can figure out what's causing them! aww, so cute about J and H! Ha, I haven't purchased anything for DH yet. I need to get on that...R likes to pretend that everything is a phone.

CA- hope you had a good run this morning. what's on the DVR for today? I need to catch up on grey's from last night. wow on M playing the cards- they learn young! wow, nice sleep in for the girls. ugh on the work uncertainty, that would drive me nuts! enjoy your day off today!

spike- have a great run later! wow, long nap for R! sounds like he's definitely growing. mmm, I love tofu! woohoo for shopping by yourself this Sunday! DH and I talked about taking turns doing that this weekend too. I like your Christmas plans MUCH better than your family's.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

Just popping in to say hi to everyone! I have not abandoned RA...I prefer posting here as well, but some mornings I just don't have a chance to get on the computer and it's way easier for me to post to FB from my phone.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- I love having no plans...

runninmer

Not me, then nothing gets done because I have "so much time".  I like being busy.

Runnergirl- I love having no plans...

Upcoming Races: