Womens Running

Fantastic Friday Supermoms (Read 14 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by 5-6 miles. It's so nice out!

TR: I filled up the water side of his sand/water table yesterday, and he loved it. He was a big helper carrying the buckets of water to the table Smile

NRR: nothing planned for today, just planning to enjoy the sunshine. Leaving tomorrow morning for the IL's.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5K.  Remember a few years ago when I had the running coach that I didn't like? he gave me some links to IT band rehab videos that I never did because I was supposed to do them before running and ain't nobody got time fo dat.  But now I think I need to do something to help that TFL issue.

KR - apparently he ate SALAD at school yesterday. I am dead dead dead of shock.

FR - glass noodles with ground chicken and celery.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Walking after work today.  Depending on what time I get out of here, I may go home and put H in the stroller.

BR:  Was a bear last night.  Was in his crib by 8:15 and didn't wake up until 4.  Trying to push 4 to 5 for my own sanity.

TR:  Waking up as I left this morning.  "Mama where are you, I'm all done 'eeping."  I almost went in, but didn't want to ruin DH's morning because he will normally fall back asleep for quite a while.

NRR:  Just the usual stuff.  Nothing super exciting.  I am hosting book club next Thursday and really need to plan my meal.

FR:  Made a fresh pasta salad last night and it was really good.  Not sure about tonight as we are out of meals!

rg - Enjoy your day, it sounds wonderful.  I can always feel a "tightness" whether I am sitting, standing, or walking.  Going to call today because I know he is in the office.

zorbs - Its amazing what kids will do for other people!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - Long run day! Except I haven't done a long run in about a month. And I still haven't replaced my lost water bottles. So it's not going to be much of a long run. Maybe 13k. Actually, I need to stop at a store 1 km from my house, so make that 12k. Maybe I should scrap the "long" part and just call it a run day, lol.

TR - By the end of the day, she was covered in food colouring and chocolate milk, had a diaper full of sand and two skinned knees. So she obviously had a great day!

NRR - We're supposed to get thunderstorms later today AND I have to buy three birthday presents for all the parties we are going to tomorrow, so a trip to the mall is definitely in order.

~~~

rg - Perfect running weather the past few mornings! I should get S's water table out too now that it's actually warm out. Do you normally fill the sand part? I never bothered last year.

zorbs - Are you still having TFL issues? Rehab exercises are probably a good idea, and a good time to start them now that you aren't running marathon mileage. Salad! Wow!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - I have to do 10k either today or tomorrow, I'll just play things by ear as it'll have to be out in the country w/ my parents or someone watching my kids.

KR - had a fun afternoon with my mom yesterday, spent a ton of time outside, then DH took her and our lab for a walk down to the creek in the evening.  It's so nice to have nice weather again!!

TR - I took her with me to go get some snacks and things for the weekend, she was so excited to go out w/ me and was really good.  She fell asleep in the car on the way home though, which she never does, so she must have been tired! I think they were outside a lot at the dayhome yesterday.

NRR - leaving after lunch to go to this retreat farm place just over 2 hrs away in the country.  It's close to the town where my grandma lived when I was a kid, and all my dad's side is coming (aunts uncles cousins) and we're celebrating my grandma's 90'th birthday.  It should be fun, lots are coming tomorrow and staying over Saturday night but we're just staying Friday bc I need to run long on sunday.  There's no way I'm running 20 miles on a straight gravel road in the prairies - I probably could see the farm the whole way out and back! lol.  DH is just coming for the day tomorrow and I'm driving up with my mom tonight.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - We never did get a water/sand table - I bet the girls would love it.  I've also thought about getting them a sand box.  Enjoy the nice day!

zorbs - good plan to rehab that TFL/IT band!  Is it still sore?    LOL @ B eating salad.

mer - I hope you get ahold of the ortho today.  I always try to sneak out of the house in the mornings too.

ernie - HA, that's the problem with marathon training, it raises the bar of what 'LONG' is... I catch myself thinking that 16k isn't long when it so obviously is!  Have fun at the mall!

beckykay

Morning!  So glad it is Friday!

RR:  Ran 4.5 with RPs, felt so good to be outside!  First hot run on the year though.  Rewarded myself with a cherry limeade.

KR:  Got him a cherry limeade too.  The kid never drinks soda so the sprite was making him burp like crazy.  He was hilarious.

NRR:  Mother's day tea at school today.  C - Mom, I hate tea.  I don't want to have a tea party.

FR:  On the road today.  Probably whole foods for dinner since I have to pick K up in C'ville.

Rant - Took K to the train station this morning at 5 so he could catch the commuter to C'ville instead of driving his work car.  Train was 3 hours late, so a no go.  Woke up that early for nothing!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Chiro last night again. Planning on 4 + upper body ST today.

TR: When I put him to bed last night I told him I was sick and was going to go lay down, so don't even bother with saying you have to go potty or kicked off your blankets, etc- and he never made one peep!

FR: Leftover tacos last night. Either something with chicken breast tonight or Split pea soup. I might do the soup in the crockpot so I can be lazy and not have to cook in the evening, plus R is a soup fan.

NRR: Either had a really painful ovulation or an ovarian cyst burst last night. Between that and my SI joint feeling tender from the chiro visit, my pelvis area feels sore and unhappy.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- I was right, biggest bonus ever, sucks that I can't spend it on a vacation or something, but the timing is good, I hate feeling stressed about money.

RG- Only another month or so, and I can unpack R's outdoor toys!

zorbs- R will eat anything if it has ranch dressing on it. Are glass noodles the mung bean noodles?

Mer- my fridge and my bank account are both pretty bare right now, going to have to get creative!  I wish R would fall back asleep- I must need to get blackout curtains to go over his blackout shade because he's waking at 5:30, on the other hand, it will be nice for if I want to do some stroller runs in the morning this summer.

Ernie- Are you still training for the race?  Its amazing how little girls seem to be much more rough and tumble than R is- if he skinned his knees he would be out of commission the rest of the day and a total whiner.

CA- have fun at your family reunion thing. I bet it will be a nice change of scenery to run in the country. MIL already emailed me that I'm "not allowed" to go running outside while visitng because there is a mother cougar and 2 cubs living in her area right now.  Thanks, but I'm an adult and can do what I want.

Becky- holy crap, how can a train be 3 hours late?!  I'm a mean mom and never give R soda or undiluted juice, but his godparents do and it kinda bugs me.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

ernie - Sounds like S had a great day!  We have had some big storms the past couple days.  Last night we had huge hail.  It was crazy, like all of a sudden it started, and then stopped just as suddenly.

CAR - Enjoy the party.  We had my Grandmas 90th a couple years ago and it was a blast.  Sounds really similar to what you are doing.  I really wanted to go in and give him a kiss, but knew he would be up for the day and that DH wasn't ready for it yet!

becky - I would be pissed about the train!  Glad you had a good run.  I was obsessed with Cherry Berry Chillers last year from McDonalds...wonder if they still have them.  That would be a fun date with J!

spike - I hope you are feeling better soon.  With both DH and I working this week, it has been pretty crazy in our house.  When I am not feeling well or really tired, I will tell my students at the beginning of the hour and they are usually pretty respectful.  Glad he had a good night!  And wahoo to a great bonus!!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - ugh on the late train, that's super annoying!  M's never had soda, she'd be pretty surprised with the fizz.

spike - sucks that you felt lousy last night, hope it's better today, sweet of R to be good after though.  I'm sorta dreading the country run, it's super flat and I have a feeling it'll feel like I'm going nowhere, I should change my attitude though cause that'll prolly help it to suck less.

runnergirl9508

zorbs- hope the videos help with your ITB/TFL issues! Ha, I think I'd die too if R ate a salad. He'll eat corn, peas, carrots, beets; but always turns up his nose when I offer salad.

mer- hope you have an enjoyable walk later today! I hope you were able to get a hold of the ortho. Aw, cute wakeup from J! Do you make a full meal for book club, or is it just snacks and appetizers?

Ernie- hope the LR went well today! Oh man- crazy party weekend for you. I hope it all goes well and S is good for all the parties. Ha- sounds like R. He was a dirt ball from head to toe when we came inside last night.

CA- aww, so cute that O was excited to go out with you. I agree, this nice weather has been a long time coming! Hope your trip away this weekend is fun! R loves the sand/water table. It's great for really hot days since we dont' have a pool.

becky- argh on the train- that's ridiculous. R's never had soda either, not sure he'd know what to do with it. DH offered him a sip of applejuice once too, and he flat out refused. I'm more than ok with him just drinking water and milk.

spike- hope you're feeling better today. that's great that R went to bed with no problems for you last night. I just got my R to start eating some homemade white bean soup recently. Have a good run and lift later!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

mer - Waking up at 5 rather than 4 will make such a huge difference! Hope you can figure out how to get him sleeping a bit later

CA - I was going to comment that all that fresh air is great for tiring out the kiddos, but S was outside all morning and is refusing to nap, so maybe not. Oh man, even driving 20 miles on a prairie road is a snooze. A 20 mile run would seem never ending!

Becky - Is cherry limeade just sprite mixed with cherry syrup? It sounds summery! Boo on the early wakeup for nothing! 3 hours is a crazy train delay. When I used to commute, I would get enraged when my train was delayed by 15 min!

spike - Yay for R listening to you and going to bed without a peep! I hope your sore pelvis feels better soon - I've heard a cyst bursting can really knock you off your feet so maybe that's what it was. The race I was training for was last weekend.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I let B play with the water table at the toy store so we won't have a mosquito trap in the backyard..hehehe

mer - pasta salad sounds good, I should put it on the menu for next week.

ernie - the video I picked, I think was supposed to be for post run and included 1 legged bridges.  I felt ok while doing them, but during my run and now, I have that terrible "pinching" hamstring soreness..

CA - yes the TFL is still sore.

becky - somehow with all B's junk food eating, he's never had pop.

spike - yes the mung bean noodles.

rg - I didn't get a chance to look at the posted menu at school to see what kind of salad he ate, I was thinking green salad but maybe it was macaroni salad or something.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/