Womens Running

Turning Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Weather turning a corner here....although pretty sure that flooding will be around the bend with quick uptick in temps to 40 this weekend.

Felt balmy in the teens yesterday!

Also turning corners on injuries it seems for many of us too!

Heading to the gym for a run.  woohoo!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for you! Yes, things are turning the corner down here too.

Wednesday was SDO and a good sound sleep. It was needed. I hope to get the car today.

Today I will do cardio dvd with the running added.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Linda, glad to see you! I'm glad you are back and running some.

Sugarland, hope you  feel better soon.

Lisa, that was a nice compliment from your running coach. : )  I'd be one taking an hour. I am a little envious of your PT facility. Mine is quite  basic, though I like the PT. It's great that you're improving.

Laura, I hope your sticker stays on.  It's sometimes a challenge in really cold weather.

Tessa, that's impressive weight loss.  I'm sorry he's still a PITA. How does that help anyone?  At my mom's appt last week, she'd lost 7 but that was over 3 months.

Hi Marjorie, judy, cindy, Susan and all others who follow.

The temps were still cold here yesterday, but the afternoon was a nice winter day. Chilly but bright and sunny. Walked 30. Today I'll go to gym and do 40 min on bike.

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Same old, same old.....4 on the TM

Lisa - so glad this weather is headed out, looking forward to milder temps this weekend

Judy - glad you got a good night's sleep!

Camille - so far, so good on the sticker. 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Decided on an SRD yesterday due to the migraine.  7 recovery miles tonight and I have a cold!

Linda, glad to hear from you.

Lisa, hope the weather continues turning for you.

Judy, a good night sleep is a must.  Good.

Camille, nice walk.  Enjoy the one today.

LC Runs, same old, but great job on the 4.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!!  Warming up here.  Decided to run this afternoon -- looks like it will be a beautiful day.

Smile everyone!

SugarLand

Morning,

Feeling a little better today - might try a nice easy run this afternoon - it is raining now hopefully it will clear up by this afternoon -

the project I am on is moving to a different floor so it is packing for today - did I mention I hate moving

Tessa - hugs to you

Everyone have a great day

BBL

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, please send any extra moisture from your state this way. 2013 was the driest year California has had since they started keeping records in the 1880s.

Nice compliment on your running! So glad you are able to run again. And you're right, lean and mean is not good in DH's case.  Not sure what being a grumpypants gets him. It gets me ticked off.

Judy, enjoy the cardio DVD. Gym run tomorrow? And remember, at least it's not November.

Camille, glad you got out for a walk. Some striding in the sunshine must have helped a lot.

Marjorie, you are taking rest days -- hibernation is a good thing in January!

Laura, will you be able to run outside this weekend?

Damaris, a cold right before Disney weekend? Oh dear. No matter how tempting, please don't blow your nose on any of the costumed characters.

Susan, glad it is warming up -- I hear you on not having that many warm running clothes. We don't need them too often either.

It was clear at my house this morning when I went out for 4, but it's foggy downtown, closer to the ocean. I am glad the days are getting longer!

Docket_Rocket

Catching up with yesterday's thread:

Tessa, hugs.  Sorry about DH's failing health.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Linda

Hi ladies:

I'm going out for a short run in a few minutes.  I had pain in the middle of the night, so I thought I would be done for this morning, but I woke up pain free.

The weather is really nice today, here.  I'm glad it warming up for a few of you.

Happy Running Smile

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5  miles for me. Very nice run.

Camille le that is a lot of weight or your mom to lose isn't it?

Feel better D. Best luck at Disney

hope Karen got out!

Sue it is warming here too.

Laura 4 is great

Sugarland hope you got a run in

Tesas I wish I could hibernate.

Linda glad lad the pain is better.

Marjorie

annieSusan

Hi all!

Yesterday was my swim class day, but I blew it off and ran on the treadmill instead. My body just wanted to run. Today I spent 45 minutes on one of the spinning bikes at the gym, and then 30 minutes on an elliptical.

Good runs, all!

Bikerchick1

Judy - Isn't it wonderful when you get a good nights sleep....

Camille - Hope you enjoyed your bike today!

LCruns - This weather is crazy isn't it?  Not looking forward to freezing rain Sad

Damarias - Hope you get your 7 miles in tonight.  sorry about the cold.

Sugarland - Ugh, on the moving....is such a job.

Tessa - Sorry on the cranky DH...sounds like not much has changed with him .

Linda - Nice to see you posting!  Glad you are able to be back running.

Marjorie - Nice job on the 10.5!  Hibernating would be good right now..

AnnieSusan - Nice to listen to your body and run when you want!

Karen - Hope you are enjoying Disney!

Have been contining to use elliptical/bike trainer.  I did do some running last night on the DM.  Felt ok.  Hoping to get out this week-end for a 6 miler....all depends on how the hip/legs feels....booooo.

Caro;

3.6 miles this morning. 45 second walk, 4:15 run, repeat... I can't do anything outside of a 5 minute cycle.  Can't keep track otherwise.  The treadmill has a speed interval setting so I set the "jog" for my walk pace and the "run" for my run pace then hit the button at the right time. Tried remembering what coach said the whole time.

Judy-hope your car is fine.

Camille-all done with PT. they were a nice facility.  Got me a 10% discount on my shoes too. Which I was a dunce.  Was supposed to tell the store to get me the 8wides, but I bought the 8 regulars.  Tried them and, no surprise, tight.  Will return and ask them to order the Ghosts in wide.

Laura-I'm afraid of flooding.

Damaris-oh it will turn.. will do a complete 360... cold, mild, warm, mild, cold repeat.

Sugar-not fun to move offices.

Tessa-wishing we could send the moisture that is sure to be flooding our streets this weekend.

Linda-hope your run went well.

Marjorie-yeah for a nice run!

AnnieSusan-nice mixing it up!

Carol-hope the run happens this weekend.

Lisa

Really quick hello to all!  Tough week at work so I'll be back this weekend after trail race on Saturday.

Damaris and Karen, have a great weekend at Disney!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR