Womens Running

We Are Not Wimps Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Camille2, I have recently experienced various companies that try to exploit the grieving widow. However, I was so touched by the outpouring of kindness from fellow employees , friends and all of you here that it more than offset the exploiters.

Arimathea, great race report! You are a tough cookie.

Tuesday I did 35 minutes running and cardio DVD when I got home. I’m starting to work on my hand weights again. I have neglected them.

A friend planted two baby ferns for me.  They are in my indoor garden right here by the computer. love baby plants.  I also brought in the mint in a pot since we just had our first freeze this week.

Today will be a track run and some cardio DVD. Out to dinner afterward.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Up late dealing with a work issue. Won't kill me to not run. I have plenty of time tomorrow before my first training.

Tessa nice work on the second race. Badly organized for certain.

Marjorie

Good Morning!!  my coach has changed up my training schedule.  This morning was 4 miles:  2 miles easy (10:10), 2 miles marathon pace (9:20).  It was so nice and cool and I can't read my watch very well.....4 miles in 33 minutes.  Maybe a little fast?  Felt great though.  Also supposed to do spin class today, but IDK if that will happen.  Just not enough hours in my day.

Tessa--do you ever sleep???  Great job on the races.  You and Karen are amazing!!

HI Judy, AnnieSusan, Damaris, Camille, Marjorie, Cindy, Carol, Scout, Lisa, Gatsby, ...I hope I didn't leave anyone out.  Have a great day everyone!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I get to run today!  Plan is 4.

Tessa, great RR, but what a mess of a race! Sorry this one did not live up to the Hartford experience.

Judy, awww for the baby plants.  Enjoy the workouts and the dinner.  Any plans on what kind of dinner tonight?

Marjorie, ugh.  Sorry work is interfering with sleep and running.

Sue, nice job on the run.

Thanks for the comments!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Judy--I am babying some plants in the kitchen window.  On nice days they go outside.  Thyme and lettuce mix.

ginnyb

Tessa.....great RR's!

Judy....where are you going to go for dinner?

Damaris...enjoy your run!

Work is the pits today so far....a lot of disgruntled patrons, but then it seems like they are always disgruntled these days.  Short work week as we are leaving for Columbus on Friday, I am also off Monday, so Yay!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning all. Did core work and some leg exercises this morning, while watching NCIS New Orleans on the DVR. Its very cloudy today and absolutely calm with no wind. Very unusual for us, its usually breezy or windy. Wonder if I'll be running in rain tomorrow morning?

AnnieSusan - No, Jet’s ears aren’t always up. When he’s interested in something or begging, they stand at attention. Glad you got a run in before the rain.

Tessa - great report! Congrats again, especially on a rather annoying course!

Carol - I’m in SW Idaho.

Lisa - enjoy your taper.

Gatsby - enjoy your taper and belated congrats on your Norway tickets.

Judy - great workouts as usual. How nice that your friend planted the ferns for you. Enjoy your dinner.

Marjorie - too bad about the work issue. Hope you have a good run tomorrow.

Sue - Sounds like a great run.

Damaris - have a nice run.

Ginny - Yay for a short week!

Anonymous Guest

Hi guys, have been slammed by work and life since getting back into town Monday night. My race reports will be much shorter and less detailed than Tessa's, and they will probably not be done until the weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, I was planning on running the Baltimore Marathon this coming Saturday. I won a free entry awhile back, so figured why not. And I was quite pleasantly surprised that I could move around with no stiffness or sore spots after this past weekend. This morning when I got up though, I was struck by the thought that just because I physically CAN run the marathon Saturday, that doesn't mean I necessarily SHOULD. My foot I think is on the mend - the marathons last weekend definitely didn't make it worse, but I'm not dumb enough to think that running more marathons is going to make it better faster. I ran Newport and Hartford to get the states and see new things. I've already run Baltimore and have the state of Maryland probably 10-15 times already. So I'm going to do the smart thing and blow off the race.

Dropping off the car for service tomorrow. It needs its 10,000 mile service, plus the tire needs to be repaired or replaced, the wheel looked at for damage, the back tire and wheel should also be looked at (it went through the same pothole after all), and I'm going to have them do an alignment. It was a pretty hard hit.

Pilates tonight, no running. Massive storm came through today right after I got off of a two-hour conference call, ran across the street to pick up lunch and then waited in line to pay with all the other people trying to get lunch before the storm hit. I got drenched on the half block run back to the building. Anyway, rain is supposed to continue all evening, and I just don't wanna run in the rain.

Tessa, I'm glad you made it home!

I'll try to get back on later, one more crisis to deal with here before I go home.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Judy-shame on them for trying to take advantage of situation.  Their situations must be so awful that they would stoop that low.  Sad for you to deal with that.

Marjorie-hope that you survived the day of not running! :-)

Sue-nothing easy about 10:10 times! nice work!

Ginny-sorry about the disgruntled library patrons.  I sure can't imagine what they have to be disgruntled about in a library.

Shadow-hope the rain holds off for you.

Karen-Sounds very rational and reasonable.  Now you need to plan something else to do at that time so that you don't cave come Saturday morning. LOL  Glad you are feeling pretty good.  My PF did go away after I ran my full.  3 in a row may not help though.

Ended up sleeping in this morning.  Was drizzling out and I didn't have to pick up the girl furthest out so no NEED to go to the gym.  Figured sleep would be good 2 days in a row getting 7.5 hours.  I usually only get 6.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, I'm sorry you're going through that. Remember the phone has a disconnect button. Feel free to hang up on the nasty caller. If you get a letter from some skeevy company, there's a nice receptacle most people keep somewhere in the kitchen that can be used freely.

Susan, certainly I sleep. Fell asleep in class last night. Unfortunately I was teaching it.

Damaris, it was nice, just some really bad spots.

Ginny, yay for a short work week!

Marjorie, you're right, a day off won't kill you.

Karen, I think that would probably be sensible. You've done Baltimore and have plenty of Maryland races. And having the dealership look at the car is a good idea. That was some pothole. Good thing it was only one tire.

Shadow, Jet's ears are cute!

Lisa, good that you got some extra sleep.

3.2 this morning, 7 at the gym at lunch. I'm feeling pretty good.