Womens Running

Wintry Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

LC Runs

Good morning, Everyone!!  How's the weather where you're at?

LC Runs

Very cold and snowy here.  Glad to be working in the office today, schools and such are shut down north of here, where I travel 2-3 times a week.

4 TM miles this am, followed by some planks.  Dreaming of the tropics....

Gatsby - what happened to fun Christmas parties?  I remember when we could use the word 'Christmas' and people got together after work hours for a few hours of fun.  My BF's place of employment (car dealership) still does this, but I haven't worked in a place that does stuff like that in years.  Kind of sad.

I'm making some progress in the 'holiday' department.  Shopping is about 2/3 done and the house is decorated.  Still need to get a tree, wrap, maybe buy some cards....I've got 2 weeks right???

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday I walked through a few antique shops and bought a Wedgwood teapot. I need to keep myself flexible so slow walking helps.

Last night was the most painless sleep I've had so far. A friend is taking me over to the plan of care meeting for DH shortly.

I hope to do chair yoga today and some walking.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good Morning!  37F here--cold for us.

Group power class this morning.  Did 4 miles on the treadmill after work yesterday.  The wind was really blowing.

I have too much to do today--if I could skip work I would be a lot happier Wink

I had two rymadils(anti inflammatory for dogs) left and gave them to Ben yesterday and this morning.  Helped a little.  Need to call the vet and see what he suggests....

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 5 miles and core last night.  Planning on 6-8 with a Trixie visit in between.

Vet is now suspecting pancreatitis in addition to or causing the liver issues.  They are waiting for liver cytology to see what the next step is.  They are treating for everything and it looks like the numbers are improving.  Hoping so.

LC Runs, nice mileage.  Love your new avi.

Marjorie, you're close to me.  Careful with the traffic today.  People were crazy on my way to work.

Judyruns, glad you had a painless night of sleep.  You deserve it!

Sue, nice workouts.

Have a great day, all!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

I got in 8 miles on the TM yesterday afternoon and hope to do about the same or a little less tonight after work. And it looks like we'll be getting another new car - DH called and someone clipped his bumper on his way to work. He spun out into a concrete wall. He's okay but his car is most likely totaled. He called and asked if I could pick him up from wherever it was getting towed, and I said of course, just call me when you know where. Then I checked our policy and we have rental car reimbursement and he asked the tow truck driver if there was a rental place nearby where they were going, so he's going to try to just get a rental. Otherwise, I'll have to go get him. He says he's okay - air bags went off and everything, but he's fine. What are the odds I can get him to go to a doctor just to make sure?

We still have Christmas parties! We were going to go to DH's work party which was out at the air and space museum by Dulles, but weather came through and we blew it off. My work Christmas party is next week. It's a nice dinner but spouses aren't included. I'm sure it will be fun, but I spend enough time with these people as it is - I think I'd rather just do a low-budget afternoon in the conference room. Oh, I just checked, it's a Holiday Party, but then again, the boss is Jewish.

Judy, sounds like you're slowly on the mend, glad to hear it.

Damaris, thinking good, healthy for Trixie.

I keep getting interrupted and it's taken me like 1/2 hour to do this so far, so I guess I should just go and get my work done.

Hi to all!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Karen--glad DH is ok.

Christmas party and spouses are not invited?  Another scroogely group!

Docket_Rocket

Karen, glad to hear he is OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Blustery and chilly here, for us. Though not nearly as cold as it has been the past few days. 26 on Sunday morning. 30 Monday morning, 31 yesterday, all the way up to 38 today. The 60 mph gusts on Tuesday morning didn't help either.

Judy, do take care of that noggin!

Laura, glad you don't have to drive up where it's closed.

Marjorie, here but busier even than usual.

Susan, sounds like you have the unusually cold weather too!  Poor Jake, hope he feels better.

Damaris, I gather one of the cats is not feeling well? Poor moggy.

Karen, poor DH, glad he is OK. I hope the other driver has insurance, and yes you should get your DH to go to the doctor.

Holiday parties? We used to have department holiday dinners, then lunches, I don't think we're doing anything this year. I believe there's a holiday something next week, 12-2 on one of hte vacant floors in the building, but it's the same day DD comes home and I am scheduled to work rom home that day. I may well skip it.

Have been running: 15 on Saturday, 5.6 Sunday, 4 on Monday AM and 7.35 Monday lunch, 4 yesterday morning, 5.4 this morning. I hope to make it to the gym at lunch since there will be pizza and wine this evening.

Wondering what to do now.

The hospice nurse came yesterday and said "I have good news and bad news. The good news is that your husband seems to be doing quite well now that he's been out of the nursing home for ten weeks, he's stable and perhaps even improving and he seems to be handling the radiation without difficulty. The bad news is that because of this we have to discharge him from hospice care."

Lady, that's not good news and bad news. That's unmitigated bad news.

He has plenty of things wrong with him but nothing that's imminently life threatening. So we now have to arrange an appointment with his primary care physician, have a bunch of tests run, and I can either contest the discharge or accept it. This means no visits from the hospice nurses or aides, more in-office appointments to which I have to transport DH, and we either have to rent a bed and wheelchair or have him go back to sleeping in the bedroom (no bed rails, colder, and no TV).
                    I don't know how much longer I can go on like this. :sad:

Oh Tessa--so sorry.  Does he qualify for any other type of in home assistance?  They are taking the bed and wheelchair too??

camille2

Good afternoon!  I'm at my cabin today.

Judy, wow on that fall. I'm glad you're OK.

Gatsby, congrats on your marathon pr!   Awesome time!

Karen, congrats on AG 3rd.

Carol, do your have more races lined up yet?

Tessa, <hugs>.  I don't know anything else to say.  It is so hard.  Can you get home physical therapy for him?  Hubby would have to cooperate, but it would allow HHC aides for bathing and maybe help him get enough strength to be more independent.  My mom gets it.  She doesn't like it and wanted to quit, but I asked my sibs to help convince her to let him keep coming after the first visit. She is getting stronger, and is walking much better.  : )

Laura, be careful in all that snow!

Karen, I'm so glad hubby is OK.  Scary! BTW, congrats on your AG 3rd over weekend.

Marjorie, the pic of the pups was great!

Sue, I hope you can find something to help poor Ben feel better.

Demaris, good luck with your cat, too.

Ginny, good luck on your 5k. This weekend, right? Back doing better?

Lisa, how is your hubby?  I hope your "chicken shots" help.

I haven't run this week. I saw my primary doc Monday and mentioned my hip to her. She thinks it's bursitis and suggested I see an ortho for a steroid injection.  It's intermittent, so I told her that seemed like overkill and that I'd prob be pain free at the exam.  She gave me a PT referral since I don't know what I can do...rest more, run on it??  She also gave me the referral to an ortho anyway and seems to think I'll end up there for the injection...said the bursa is so big it's hard to get it to settle down.   She also told me to switch from ibuprofen to Naproxen.  It was painful and hard to get out of bed again this a.m but stops once I'm up. I'm not sure what to do. Any thoughts?  I had 4 rounds of steroids this summer for the autoimmune urticaria, so I'm reluctant to take more unless I have to.  Rambling here..

ginnyb

Oh Tessa, I am so sorry.  What a mess!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear the news, Tessa. That sucks!  hugs.

Camille, sorry about the possible bursitis diagnosis.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Phew! I just got a call from the hospice nurse. Because of DH's continuing weight loss (186 in June, 132 when he left the nursing home, 140 in October at the radiation office, 126 yesterday when we had him on the scale) they have recertified him and he's good for a couple months at least of hospice care.

It doesn't sound like good news (guess what, we think you qualify as having six months or less) but it is.

7.25 on the TM at lunch. Yassos, 0.5 mile repeats at 8:27 pace, recovery 0.25 repeats at 9:50. I managed to get 9 repeats by borrowing some time from the cool down.

Camille, thanks for the suggestions. He was not cooperative with the PT when she visited. My mum is wondering if there is a tumour they have not spotted, she says he has all the symptoms of a cancer patient. I could believe that, though he says he's not in any pain.

What can they do for burstitis other than steroid injections? Talk to PT, that couldn't hurt. Could they drain it, or would hot/cold packs help reduce the swelling?

Ginny, thanks.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm in Florida so hot!

Lots of travel today and hours or driving all over the southern part of the state.  I'm at the hotel now.  Didn't run today as I didn't get done with training until after 9:30 last night so by the time I got to the hotel it was 10 and I had to also do some work.  Didn't get to bed until late.

Damaris good on the doctor.  The traffic was terrible today.  Going from Homestead to Boca took forever.  it is long to begin with but then construction......

Sue I cannot believe they won't allow them to go to the party!

Karen I've had that where they didn't do VPN correctly.  it is frustrating as all get out!

Gatsby yep, not breaking the bank at all are they on your party?

Judy I'd think the weights would be fine and just walking.  light stretches you can do that aren;t going to jar your head or make you dizzy.

Karen, wow!  Hope he is really okay!  Poor guy.  People are just nuts with driving.  They just do not pay attention.  Some even cut you off on purpose.  I hate that.

Tessa the health care system is just so broken. That sucks how things work

Can't drain bursitis.  It really won't help.

Camille feel better.Without actually evaluating it could be so many things.  You really need someone to look at it to see if it came from somewhere else, is really the hip etc.  PT is best to do it for you and a good one will spend some really good time looking at it

Marjorie