Womens Running

HAPPY MONDAY DIVAS!!! (Read 14 times)

POrun

Does anyone really post here any more?

POrun

I guess it's my fault that everyone started posting in FB since I was the one that mentioned we had lost so many DIVAs! Oh well, I guess if no one is going to really post here, I'll just keep up with everyone as I can. I won't be posting on FB unless I have extra time at home on rare occasion.

RR: Ran a 5K Saturday night. i wish I would have just gone for it since I started out easy hard faster than I thought I could and had to back way off to not compromise the triathlon yesterday morning. I was within 15 seconds of my Sept 5K time. Yesterday competed at a sprint tri, and while the organization on their part at the beginning delayed the tri about 30 minutes, it was overall a good first time race. I had a great swim for me, screwed up on the bike by going the wrong way for .25mi since they didn't mark the course well coming out of the parking lot. At least the guys in front of me stopped to make sure everyone stopped following them (they weren't part of the race)! About 6 other people did the same thing right behind me... My run was terrible for me as it was about 88 deg by then, but overall, it was a so-so race, and I ended up 10th female and 1st in my age group. (smaller race, about 91 females... 5 in my AG).

NRR: Good weekend, but as always went way too fast!

Have a great day ladies!

lizo_77

Hi Po!

I do! but people are showing up later and later.... and fewer.... Sad

I should get on facebook more.

RR: nada yet. Going to do 3 miles tonight. This morning M and I did a leg and bicep weight lift. I've been doing lifts with him, and dang... awesome!

NRR: work day, coordination, and hopefully not freaking out about my project deadline which is tomorrow at noon... It's crazy cold here. In the 30s this morning. we might be getting some snow here too tomorrow. Yesterday both M's parents and mine stopped by. haha.  My parent's "dropping" by was thankfully at the right time and not about hmmmm.... 30 min before? Let's say it could have been a little bit awkward. lol.

po: sheesh! that's tons of races for the weekend for you! you go girl!

back soon to say hi to more ladies!

lizo_77

well, I tried posting on FB and no luck. not sure what's going on over there...

outwestrunner

Morning, ladies!

Not sure how all this will shake out. I'm not too into posting on FB during the work day but it did seem to have more traffic last week. Now there's no thread?

Anyway...

RR: SRD, and a cut back week. Had a killer LR yesterday. 15 miles but 4000' elevation change. I remember saying,"I'm tired of going up." and then I turned around, and later on, said,"I'm tired of going down." It was a little intense but it didn't kill me, and was good preparation for the race. I have roughly 3 months to prep, and it's only 5 miles longer and 1000' more elevation change than what I did yesterday. I'm feeling pretty confident I will get some good training in, and either go crazy or be a lot stronger when it's all said and done.

NRR: Relaxing weekend. I ate a LOT yesterday. I do wish I'd cook more on the weekends to eat on the weekends, as opposed to for the week. It seems I'm always out running errands and it's easier to stop and grab something. There are worse things, I suppose. Going to a dog first aid class tonight. Should be interesting.

PO - Excellent work on your action-packed weekend!  That's annoying about the poorly marked course but good for those guys to stop. When is your next race?

Lizo - Haha! Glad your sets of parents missed each other. Nice work on the lifting!

OJewel

Hi girls! I hope we'll continue the thread here.

RR - Well, ran the 10k on Saturday, easy pace, in 1:04:00, but then yesterday I noticed my left foot is hurting. It still hurts today. I really hope I didn't get a stress fracture from this. But I really find it hard to believe that 2 weeks post marathon, after taking a full week off from running and working out, then running 3, 2, and a 10k would give me a sfx. I suppose anything's possible though. SIGH. I'm going to take a few days off running and see how it feels. Today I did JM's body revolution and modified the cardio so I wasn't jumping. I really like that workout actually. I'd forgotten about it, but now that I'm done with the marathon I'll pick it back up.

NRR - Nothing really. Kind of focused on my foot right now. I have two new hires starting today, so I'm starting a week of training with them tomorrow. I'm also still fine tuning my presentation. Outwest, I think you asked last week, but its a year end presentation to the executive board where you basically say what you've accomplished this year, explain any failures, and say what you'll be doing next year to make the company more $$. Tonight I really just want to come home and relax. I did a ton of laundry yesterday, which is good, except I still have more. We were really backed up!

PO - Thats crazy that the course was so badly marked! That's really nice of those guys to help out though. Congrats on your AG win especially when its so hot!

lizo - LOL on your parents. Glad you didn't have a weird encounter Smile Good luck with that deadline!

outwest - nice job on your LR! That's a lot of elevation. The hunger after LRs is intense, isn't it! I too wish Id cook more (both weekends and weekdays) but sadly I ate out twice this weekend.

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

RR: 20 miler went sooooo well!!!!!!!!! I could not be happier with it! Anyway, I'm pretty beat and I'm glad this is an easy week, in fact I only have three running days on the schedule (I might go crazy ...). I'll probably do some yoga tonight as my hips are a little tight. It was so nice this morning because when my alarm went off at 5:30 I decided to turn it off and sleep in!

NRR: And now I'm running a little behind today but I feel like I"m catching up on some sleep. Had a nice, easy weekend with no obligations other than family time. Now it's back to work. I'm trying to get a lot done this week since I should have some extra energy.

PO - I'm posting here! I prefer it to FB. Congrats on your races this weekend, you are so strong! Sorry about the bike ride confusion, but great job on placing in the tri!

Lizo - hahaha I love that story about your parents dropping by!

OWR - great job on 15 miles, I think you are going to be so well prepared for this race! We used to do that a lot on weekends too. We'd plan dinners for every day of the week but never plan lunches or dinners for the weekend. Finally we started planning some more so we're eating better and saving about $50-60 a week without going out. We were really proud of ourselves because we haven't gone out to eat since 10/12! Haha, 9 whole days!

Jewel - I hope the foot isn't an SFX. Did  you try icing it at all? Maybe it's just some tendon tightness. My feet also start hurting when my shoes are getting old.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

Weird, I tried posting on FB earlier today from my phone. I just checked the page and it's not there. Wonder what's happening to our page?! And I couldn't post on my friend's wall! Maybe it's me.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

MA runner girl

Something funky is going on with fb...

rr: ran 5 miles yesterday! I feel good but my back is sore. Probably more from picking up and carrying c, but I should check how many miles are on my shoes. SRD today.

nrr: had a good weekend! Saturday we had fun going to the pumpkin patch, apple picking and then playing in the leaves outside. C was cute! He wouldn't play in the leaves without me holding him though. It was probably more that he was tired. Yesterday he started pulling himself to standing. I swear this kid is super baby. we really need to get on the baby proofing. We are planning on finishing our basement with a big play area for c but hes developing too fast! our living room doesn't have much room for him to crawl around. I'm already chasing him around all day to avoid him head butting everything Smile

my Mil is here until 2 watching c so I can get work done. Just 2 more weeks of work!! I can do it! Gotta go!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Just want to say:

sassy - congrats on 20! I'm so glad it went well.

Nc - CONGRATS on sub 1:45, I'm super jealous as that's my next time goal (that probably won't happen for a while...)

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

lizo_77

outwest: way to go on the crazy long run! sounds hard!! and hilly! no... moutainous!

OJ: sounds intense the presentation you'll be giving to the exec board! wow! that must be a lot of pressure!

sassy: yay for a sleep in day! and congrats on the awesome run you had!

MA: your little guy is growing soooo fast! sounds like a fantastic weekend for you!

ok... dept meeting... back later!

OJewel

Sassy - Awesome job on your 20!!! So excited for you. Enjoy the cutback.

MA - Awesome that you just have 2 weeks of work left! You can do it Smile Your pics with C were adorable this weekend!

Cannot. Concentrate. At. Work.

outwestrunner

Jewel - Wow, that presentation sounds pretty significant. Is this your first one like this in your new position? I can't remember when you got promoted. Fingers crossed you don't have a SFX.

Sassy - Nice job on the 20 miler!! Taper from here on out, huh.. I hope you don't go crazy. The problem you and D had is the same problem I'm having. When I do my meal planning, I do M-F, but the weekend is a black box. The silly thing is I have leftovers I could have eaten, but I wasn't hungry when I was at my house before I ran errands. I need to focus up on that. It's not a lot of money but I would rather spend it on something else.

MA - I LOVED the pics of C at the pumpkin patch! So cute and big!!! Do you wear your running shoes as your every day shoes? I wear my old trail shoes for every day shoes, but I'm starting to think I need to have a new/unused pair for that. Walking around in shoes that are already dead can't be good for my feet and legs.

monk717

I haven't been able to post in any FB groups this morning so its not just us. Maybe we just have posts both here and on FB for those who can post where ever works for them?

RR: Finally got a run in at 4:15 last night, which worked out well to be similar timing to my 10K next Saturday. I had to run on the TM though since it was rainy. I ran 4 and it felt pretty good. Its been awhile since I was able to hang on the TM for more than 3. Sadly I think I'll be on the TM more and more in coming weeks as I'm a wimp about running outside in the cold, esp if its dark and cold... running in the cold when its light isn't quite so bad.

NRR: Kind of an annoying frustrating weekend, but it had its good points. Unfortunately one of the bad points is that I didn't get nearly the rest I needed to (really no one did except P). We decided to cancel our daytrip to Dubuque on Saturday. In order to get out of the house we decided to go out to lunch and then to WalMart to buy a new carseat for P. Well lunch took forever and then we went to two walmarts and niether had the seat we wanted. The web site said this seat was in store, but while it was on display they didn't have it on the shelves and the display sign said online only. WTF walmart? And of course the only seats they actually had in store were the most expensive. Totally wasted my Saturday afternoon hunting down this car seat! Ordered it online and got the free ship to store, it should be in Thursday.

Saturday evening we carved jack-o-lanterns and that was really fun. I posted a few pics on my FB page and I also did a blog post.

Sunday we hung around the house because we're all still in varying stages of recovery from this crud we've had the last week. P slept a ton in his two naps, A should have napped but didn't. P was up until about 9:30 because he didn't get up from nap #2 until 6:45. I ended up staying up way too late watching the football game, but it was a good result! So of course since I was up late I ended up having to get up multiple times with both kids. Poor A was up in the middle of the night saying her throat hurt. I don't know if it was just dry or if she's really coming down with something else, I swear we've had it all in our house in the last week. I slept a total of about 6.5 hours and I am struggling this morning. We all got up really late and thus I was late to work... I'm so glad my supervisor doesn't watch the clock!

Sunday I also made some pumpkin bars and no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars. Those were yummy!

melrunner

Morning girls!! PO great job double racing this weekend!!! Hugs and prayers to your dad tomorrow as he get more results.

OWR your run sounds killer!! We've been doing better at eating in because we are so tired from the weekend workouts to go anywhere! Loved Fay's bed! Jewel ice your foot and take this week off. I'm sure it's just swollen and nothing major! Did you dress up?

Sassy great job on your 20 miler!

MA I loved the pumpkin patch pictures!

Lizo that was perfect timing!!

NC awesome PR on your half!!!'

Monk glad you had a restful weekend!!

As for me...

TriR rest day today. Yesterday last long bike ride 112 miles followed by a 2 mile run. Saturday 10 mile run. Tapering begins!!!!

NtriR traveling to NC tonight w DH. Interviews tomorrow and potentially other exciting stuff!!

have a great day!!!!!!!!