Womens Running

Happy Thanksgiving (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Day off for me except for a new cardio DVD that I am trying out. Gym is closed but that is ok. Short vacation trip starting early tomorrow. I should be back on track next week. Car needs to get its final work done on Tuesday.

Yesterday I only had time to do cardio at home for 35 minutes. It's been busy here, especially with the snows.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!  Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm going to go run walk. Feel like is 23 so I've been waiting awhile to leave. Got the hip well taped. Had it taped all day yesterday to support it as well. So I will then be stretching the psoas a lot. A study I read says that could be causing the imbalance. If the psoas is tight the hamstring is working in a lengthened position so imbalanced and pulling on the sacrotuberous ligament.

A muscle working in a stretched position is not efficient and prone to injure.  Since it is continuous with the ligament I'm having issues with this should help with the rehabing of it. Was nice to find something on the female athlete that addressed this since our pelvic function is much different than a mans.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

3.3 miles. Mostly run. Maybe 4 tenths walking.   Started with some walk then run then finally continuous run. I could do more but I wanted to be good. I could feel some but it was more the over reaction of my brain. It was good to stress the tissue. And the tape helped.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Happy Thanksgiving ladies!

I ran a very chilly Turkey Strut 5K this morning with DS1 and DS2. I ran 25:38, which was about 30 seconds slower than what I was really hoping for. It's a tough course, with the last 3/4 of a mile being mostly uphill, but I still was hoping I would perform better on the hills. Oh well, it was fun.

Off to shower and head out for our Thanksgiving meal. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Did the Turkey Trot 10K with hubby and paced him to a new 7+ minute PR.  T25 workout tonight.

Judy, enjoy the cardio DVD.

Marjorie, your run/walk sounds like it went well.  Glad it did.

Cindy, nice job to you all!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Put the turkey in the oven and then went for a little four mile run. Felt pretty good. I was going to go farther, but things started getting achy around mile 3, so figured that was enough for the day and headed home.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy turkey day to everyone!  Met some RC friends for a short trail run today.  A beautiful day.

Judy, enjoy your vacation trip.

Marjorie, hoping that you have found the answer to the hip problem.

Cindy, good for you (and the boys) for getting out there for the chilly 5K.

Damaris, nice PR for the hubs and well done to you for getting him there.

MTA Hi Karen!  Cross posted.

Off to prepare my stuffed mushrooms and salad for our neighborhood thanksgiving potluck.  Have a great day!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Happy Thanksgiving!

Judy - Hope you enjoy your vacation trip!

Damarias - Is your T25 the w/o DVD's from the guy that does P90 and Insanity?  I have been doing them....my abs were sore after the upper body one on Tuesday night.  Great job on the 10k with hubby!

cindy - How fun to do turkey trot with sons Smile

Karen - 4 miles sounds plenty after your long race - enjoy the turkey.

Gatsbybird - Sounds like a fun potluck with neighbors!

Marjorie - glad you were able to get some miles in today.

Had a fun solo Turkey Trot....just couldn't make it the ones that were scheduled here....too much to do before hand.  That's ok, really sometimes is nice to have some quiet run time!  Was snowey, slippery, and beautiful Smile

Hope you all had a nice day1

Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

2.8 last night between Home Depot and church.

14.2 this morning, I really needed that run. It was eerily quiet when I left at 6:15 but a lot more people were out by 9:30. Then got home and shoved the turkey in the oven. Found $4.35 in change, which has to be a record for a run that didn't involve finding any bills or $1 coins.

And that was one turkey that gave its life in vain. DS is having dinner with friends. DH ate almost nothing. And I'm a vegetarian. Oh well, plenty for the freezer and for family dinner on Sunday -- we all bring the leftovers to my parents' home and finish them off. There will be a lot from me. Turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, 3 kinds of cranberry sauce...

I give thanks for friends, for family, for virtual friends, for being able to cope with this situation. And after the runs last night and this morning, I give thanks for unsecured construction sites and unlocked portapotties on said sites. Big grin

Hi!  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I enjoyed sleeping in!  It was 27F this morning so I decided to wait to run in the afternoon.  Did the big feast--turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, home made cranberry sauce, pumpkin and pecan pies.  Yum!  It was just DS2 and I for lunch, but DD and her BF came for supper.

Ran with Randy this afternoon.  Nice 5.5 miles.  Invited him over for pumpkin pie afterwards.  His wife and daughter are gluten free, so there was no pie at his house.  He was appreciative.

Cleaned the bathroom this morning while everything was in the oven, then knitted between kitchen chores.  Nice, relaxing day here.

Sounds like you Turkey Trotters had a fun morning.

We all have so much to be thankful for.  Hugs to my inspirational running buddies!