Womens Running

Merry Monday Divas (Read 15 times)

lizo_77

Don't know if it's merry here because it's pouring rain. but POST!

lizo_77

RR: pouring rain outside. so probably 4 miles on the TM tonight if it's still coming down.

NRR: Nice weekend. M and I got some outside stuff done over the weekend. Cleaned out the garage, moved some yard work tools down to the basement, moved the basketball hoop off the driveway...

Then I made a huge pot of chili last night. It was great. Now we have enough chili for quite a few meals, so we froze a couple big bowls.  Otherwise, attempted to work last night and in the process lost some of the work I was working on... boo that. Our IT guy is going to try and fix it but I have no idea if he'll be able to. I'm in the middle of AF. Fortunately there's no current PMS to go with that... (crossing my fingers). just hoping for a "leave me alone and let me be productive" week.

later!

POrun

Lizo: Here it's beautiful, so I think it counts... although I'm going to be working, so maybe not...

RR: Had a good weekend of working out. Got in 11 Saturday, Ran 30 min, biked 30 miles, ran 15 min, then had to do a swim filming to see what I can improve on after... Tonight is easy 4-5 with DH. I am doing a sprint tri on Sunday and a 5K on Saturday night.

NRR: Busy weekend! Got a lot done! DH and I did some fall decorating around the house, and I decided to paint the ugly all wood room in our house (it's mostly fake wood). It looks sooooo much better! I painted it light tan (sand color), and we are decorating with navy blues, like a nautical theme. Other than that, had a bit of time to relax and enjoy the nicer FL fall weather.

Have a great day ladies!

POrun

Lizo: Sounds like we had similarly busy weekends! I hope the IT guy can recover your lost work!!!

lizo_77

Well, the IT guy could not restore my work so sigh... have to do it again.

po: glad you're having nice weather on your end! and awesome about the repainted room! sounds nice!  sounds like you got tons done too!

MA runner girl

Morning!

Lizo - Mmm chili, think I'll make that one night this week, thanks for the inspiration! Smile Sounds like a nice weekend! Hope you aren't bothered too much today.

PO - Wow, a 5k and a sprint tri this weekend! Nice work with all the workouts.

RR: The marathon went well, I was fine for the whole distance. DH's cousin had some stomach issues in the first half, and then had wicked cramping in the second. I felt so bad! Her goal was 3:45, but she ended up at 4:30. I was super proud of her for gutting it out as well as she did though. She said it helped having me there for the toughest part, so I'm glad! Smile

NRR: Had a good weekend. Good mix of busy Saturday anf relaxing Sunday. C slept a ton. Went back to bed until after 9 on Sunday after his 5am feeding, and last night he skipped his 5 am wakeup all together! Feels so good to be sleeping more solidly now. Sleep makes everything better! Smile Today Dh is off, but he's on call, so I was hoping to get a full day of work in, but he just got a work call! My MIL is coming over though, since I have a couple meetings I need to take, so I will at least get a good chunk of work done.

Have a good day ladies!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

SassySparky

Morning ladies!

RR: Did 14 easy on Saturday. It went well. Today I did a 9 mile progression run and it went really well!! I am in my highest mileage training week!!! I hope to get a sports massage some evening this week, going to call today and set that up.

NRR: Had a nice weekend - Saturday we went to the pumpkin patch and out to dinner. Yesterday was kind of lame and we stayed home for most of it except G and I went to the grocery store. Big D worked a lot as he's really trying to get a bunch done on this project that's due in December (he has to work on it in addition to his consulting hours) so that maybe we can move before Christmas. Last night around 2 I woke up because Big D was talking in his sleep. I had trouble falling back asleep then at 2:45 G woke up screaming. So I sat with him until about 4:30, then I couldn't stay awake any longer and Big D took over. I got about 45 minutes more sleep then I had to get up and run. We have no idea why he did it, maybe a night terror. This happened a few weeks ago, too. Anyway, fortunately I'm home today since his day care is closed so I will just need coffee!

Lizo - It's been gray and drizzly here for 8 days. I'm over it! I love making big pots of chili and having leftovers! Sounds like a busy weekend and week ahead!

PO - Great job on 11 miles!  Wow busy race weekend ahead! The house I lived in had a living room with all wood paneling - I couldn't stand it. When we were looking at houses I immediately nixed any house that had wood paneling, because even though I know you can paint it or replace with dry wall, I just didn't want to deal! Hah Smile

MA - glad you were able to do the distance on the relay this weekend! Wow, GI issues are such a common marathon situation - that's my biggest concern at this point though I generally don't get them ... Glad C is sleeping more! Looks like C slept more than G last night Wink

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

Oh I have to share our Halloween costume idea. We're going as a family of runners! I saw this outfit for toddlers

http://www.parents.com/holiday/halloween/costumes/homemade-kids-halloween-costumes/?socsrc=pmmpin100212HWCMiniMarathoner#page=2

And thought Big D and I could each wear running clothes and we'll all have race bibs and water bottles and stuff.  Our plan is to go trick or treating to a few houses in our new neighborhood!!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

Morning girls!

Lizo want to come over and clean our garage? That's on our list after or race! Booo to rain! Im sure it's cold rain as well.

PO finally we get a break with the cooler temps!!! Great workouts! I am interested to see your swim video and what your coach said about your form!! All of this always helps out!!

TriR completed an ironman distance on all three legs this weekend. Friday swam 2.4 miles at the lake in a wetsuit. Not happy with my time, about 1:58 and I want to be able to do the IM race in 1:40. Saturday ran 20 miles and the temps were about 4 degrees cooler. Every little bit helps. Yesterday rode 112 miles followed by a 6 mile run. I'm beat. Total time for everything 15:15 in three different days. I have 16:59:59 to finish the race all three legs together in same day with 2 transitions in the way. Race is in 3 weeks minus one day. Very nervous because I am looking at a 16 hour finish....

NtriR 90 minute massage today. Follow up appt w bubbles w vet. Programming some potential interviews. Going to HP, NC next week with DH for a few job interviews.

Have a a great day ladies!!

melrunner

Sassy loved the runner baby outfit!!! G should wear the same thing the day of your wax when he comes to see you!!!

MA yay for little C sleeping through his 5am wake up!! In sure every bit helps! Did you run the 6 mile leg this weekend?

OJewel

Hi girls, welcome to another week Smile

Lizo - Sorry about losing your work. That has happened to me as well and its so frustrating! I hope it doesnt take too long to redo it.

PO - Glad you are much happier with the room now! That sounds like a ton of work!

MA- Congrats to you and to DH's cousin! I remember how much of a help you were to me at the end so I don't doubt you helped her a ton!

Sassy - Sorry about the crazy night with G. Have a great peak week! I can't wait to get back to running again...

meli - HOLY WOW your workout made me exhausted reading about it.When is your race? What kind of taper do you get for this? You're amazing!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. I ran a LOT this weekend. I ended up with 10 at Jogs with Dogs (as opposed to the usual 6), but I didn't really feel I could say no to the shelter dogs just because I had a LR the next day. Then Sunday, I ran 14 hilly (2600' total elevation change). It went pretty good, considering I ran 10 the day before, but I didn't eat or drink anything the whole time, and I'm not sure if that was good or bad. I did eat a piece of toast with PB before I left.  Yoga tonight.

NRR: Cooked a lot yesterday, but I ate like crap all weekend. Not sure if it was the tail-end of my "put on the feed bag" week or what, but I didn't eat one home-cooked meal all weekend except for breakfast. Hoping that trend stops. Last week just felt out of control.

Lizo - Sorry you lost your work. How frustrating..but hey you got a lot done around the house.

PO - I'm with Sassy, re: wood panels. There are some in my current apartment, and yes they're painted, but ugh. The nautical theme sounds cute.

MA - Glad you had a good time at the marathon yesterday, AND that you got some sleep.

Sassy - Nice job on the progression run today! What's your mileage this week? Also, I love the shorts over the sweatpants for G's costume. Ha!!

Mel - Dang, girl! Those are some awesome workouts!! Good luck with the interviews.

OJewel

RR - I worked out for the first time post-marathon yesterday and went for a bike ride with my parents. It was about an hour and ten minutes, but we broke it up by stopping partway for muffins and tea. Today I was thinking a lunchtime run at the gym. Unfortunately, I forgot my flip flops for the shower so I may postpone until i get home. I would like to get in 2 miles. I have a fun 10k on Saturday that I'm really looking forward to running at an easy pace.

NRR - Had kind of a blah weekend, actually. I'm still exhausted from it, and also I drank too much on Saturday, which I'm still feeling. You know you're getting old when you get the dreaded two day hangover. Lol. Today is just working and I really hope I can get a short run in. I need to plan my next PA trip (probably Wednesday).  Also trying to hop back on the healthy eating wagon. In addition to drinking, I ate a ton of junk this weekend Sad About 5 weeks until Puerto Rico, so I'd like to look good on the beach!

Have a great day!

OJewel

outwest - aww, so nice of you to run extra with the doggies! I find starting at 14-15 miles I do need some fuel to keep going comfortably.

outwestrunner

Jewel - We're junk food eating twins! Smile   Confused   Yeah I'm not sure if my stomach felt too full from the toast/PB I had or what. I know I will need something for the race.