Womens Running

Freakin' Frigid Friday (over 40) (Read 16 times)

ginnyb

The wind has been terrible here all night with blowing, drifting snow!  I had planned on the gym this morning, but think I will stick to home and use a DVD this morning again.  Pipes in the kitchen were frozen this morning, have already rescued them with the hair dryer.  Gee, I do love winter!

Keep those warm temp messages coming Damaris!  We live through you!  Like Lisa, I have to color my roots about every 3 weeks now, but I would be completely grey if I let it go.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, my best wishes with the kitchen pipes. We have a dusting of snow down here at this time. Dreadful cold! Oh, the DVDs are really wonderful for those days when you want to stay home.

Thursday I did 65 minutes of cardio DVD with my Adrenalines. It was my best workout yet since I ended up with PF. I was very pleased. It’s been awfully cold so I am going into a cocoon.

Today will be another workout either run on the TM or cardio…or some of both. We are supposed to leave for vacation on Sunday as far as I know and head south.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

I did my 5 mile walk/run with Leslie Sansone DVD this morning.  It may sound very tame, but it is a very good workout, makes me sweat and gets the heart rate right up there...feel good!

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Ginny - Freakin' Frigid is right!!!  Temp here is the warmest it is going to be all day, going down all day ....wind/snow -0 wind chill....Glad you were able to unthaw your pipes  AND do a workout video!!!

Judy - Lucky you for going on vacation to the south.

Damarias - I have very coarse thick hair....I am with the "touch up the roots" every 3 weeks or so.  I do use shampoo for color treated hair, and use alot of hair moisturizers things like Biosilk, it is a leave on treatment to help decrease the dry/coarse feeling.  I would not recognize myself if I didn't color it.

Treadmill workout for a record breaking (for me) 60 minutes Smile

Hi to all!

Carol

Bikerchick1

Quick ? for those of you with activity trackers:  which one do you have, and do you like it?  I'm thinking of getting one,  and just curious what is the best one to get.

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Pilates in a few and then pack and drive to Orlando for the Goofy challenge!

Thanks for the suggestions on the hair. I'll tey Biosilk and maybe touch roots more often. Bah.

I am on the phone but will tey shoutouts later. Instructor is here!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Does anyone else get ravenous when the weather is cold like this or is it just me?  Maybe it is just boredom?  Whatever it is, I could eat 24/7 and that is not good.

Ginny

Anonymous Guest

G'morning! I was actually on time for work this morning and didn't even take any cold medicine until I got here and realized I'd forgotten. So I think I'm definitely on the mend. Still not up for working out though. I went ahead and cancelled Pilates tomorrow.

No help here on the grey, Damaris. I am just starting to get a few, and I still lie to myself and pretend they are blond. My plan has always been to just go grey and not color, but we will see how it looks as I go.

Ginny, nice to see you getting workouts in when it's so cold and awful outside. No winter slump for you right now! About the only benefit to being sick the last week is that I've had no appetite, so I've actually lost a pound or two. I'm hoping I won't get that starving, must eat everything feeling you describe.

Judy, hope you have a great vacation. Heading south is the smart thing to do right now.

Carol, I have a fitbit flex. I like it in that I don't have to remember to put it in a pocket (or whatever you do with it) every day, I am already wearing it. Some of the newer, fancier ones that do heartrate and everything look interesting, but what I have is good for me right now. I have it tied to myfitnesspal, so if I do more walking than normal, it gives me more calories available to eat. And I don't have to log my runs there now, the fitbit automatically gives me calories for those too. Mine doesn't seem the most accurate for measuring distance, but it seems "good enough". I still use my Garmin for measuring my run distances, paces, etc.

D, have fun at Goofy. It seems like a lot longer than a year ago that I was at Disney. How is the weather this year?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Looking at the race course for Karen and Tessa. Vastly different than the course I had inaugural year. You'll still have a very boring part on upper King after downtown. Park circle is pretty towards the end. It is one you never think you'll get out of though!. I'm still thinking I will see the start then drive up to the finish. That way we don't have to shuttle back to the start to get the car. I'm looking forward to it!

Put Dh's fish gear shelf together yesterday. He hadn't gotten around to it yet and I was sick of seeing it and his new gear sitting in the dinning room since Christmas. Last night he said I must have gotten tired of seeing it. Then was oh, yeah, we have guests coming next week!  Duh. Silly man. He hasn't run in weeks so he isn't doing the 5 k. Maybe he will do the bridge run in a few months. Doubt it since he hasn't been training. We shall see.

Going to russel up the pups. Quincy is still in bed. Other than to get a treat when dH left this am his butt has been firmly parked on the bed. He has not been outside since 10 last night!  Silly boy. Hammy gets up with dh so he can stay curled up on his blankies and pillow if he wants. I'm sure he will get up when Quincy does as he will saunter around the back yard.  Quincy won't be out long. Hammy takes forever.

Carol dh has fitbit flex. He really likes it.

Marjorie

TGIF!!  Had a good swim this morning.  Thank goodness the pool heater is working now!!  Knee is doing better--feels pretty good now.  Almost 100%.

Leading Ladies????  BF's family lives very close to there and he is home at that time (marine biologist is usually out on research cruises during the summer....that race is between cruises....hmmm.......)

Damaris--I am trying to decide what to do with my hair also.  It is now a mousey brownish w gray.  I have been coloring it blonde for years.  Wondering when I should just give up and let it go.  Maybe will wait until I hit the big 60.  Some of my friends are doing the Goofy challenge too.

Ginny--good job on the run/walk dvd!!  I am ravenous lately too.  Been drinking tea instead of snacking.

Tessa--Yes, it looks like a cold weekend for the MS Blues Marathon.  Randy is doing the half.  BF wants to go listen to the music, so I may do the half next year.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous Guest

Forgot to say - I'm almost positive in for Leading Ladies. Such a beautiful area. One of my local running friends (also a Maniac and a 50 States Club member) says that was her favorite marathon of all she's done.

Marjorie, the weather is looking fantastic for next weekend. A little cold at the start, so I'm going looking for some throwaway pants and a sweatshirt this weekend, but looks like sunny and in the 40s most of the race. Awesome! I'm looking forward to the weekend, just hope I'm feeling better by then.

So my flight out next Thursday leaves at 2:15. Which means I'd normally get to the airport around 12:15. NYCM registration opens at noon, and they say they are doing time qualifiers on a first come, first serve basis. If you were me, would you go to the airport early and try to register once you got there, or hope there were no glitches, leave home later and register first? I hate rushing for a flight, but I'd have better internet at home. I guess I could pay for the premium better wifi at the airport instead of trying to register using the free, slow wifi.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen knowing BWI I'd get the better wifi. Unless you get precheck sometimes security can take forever. Sometimes you get right through but I've also stood for an hour in the security line there.

The nice thing with Charleston is indoor waiting and indoor toilets before the start. Always a plus

tessa send me your flight details when you get a chance

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

oh, I didn't run today.  I just didn't feel like running.  So I was starting to put on running stuff and said I just really don't feel like running so I took a shower instead.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

I didn't realize we got to wait inside, with real bathrooms! That is awesome.

I have TSA precheck - worth it for me because BWI security can take so long, which is why I was thinking about leaving home later and registering first, but even with precheck I start worrying if I don't leave myself plenty of time. I'd rather be early and wait.

Arimathea

Tessa

Crap! Just wrote a long post and lost it.