Womens Running

Two Coffee Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 29 times)

BermyHorse

zorbs - and SUPER amazingly well done on bringing your pace team in right on the time. That's absolutely awesome.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mere - good to see you on RA! Don't stress the running, you're doing great!

rg - awesome run!! I got my cycle back at 9 mos or so w/ M even though I was still BF'ing. Nice work making it to 18 mos, I quit around the same time too.

spike - eeek on not getting to drink beer! I bet there is GF beer, but it probably isn't as good. YAY for the later bedtime helping! I hope he continues to sleep better so you can stop your waking too.

Bermy - YAY! I hope to post while I'm away, we have wifi and I have babysitters, so am hoping to have time for 'me' stuff! Exciting to have a date for leaving for good!!

arm - gone for 2 weeks. Flight leaves at 7:20 but we need to go through customs and security so need to be at the airport nice and early.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- ooooh awkward. I had forgotten you were previously married, your new hubby sounds like a total keeper.  I'm pretty lucky that DH and I have no exes to deal with. However, I have ex-stepfamily which is supremely awkward, luckily I don't run into them too much.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

spike - yeah, it should be kinda funny. how is GF going? too early to tell or feel amazing already?!

runninmere

RG - awesome job on 18 mos of BFing!  AF will be here any day I'm sure!

Spike - Glad GF is going well into day 3....I've contemplated back and forth about going GF...DH and I are mostly eating paleo right now, so we're almost there in some ways.

Cx2 -yeah, I remember the nausea completely improving by 16 weeks with Connor...hopefully I'll get some full relief by this weekend!  We will see :-)  And that preggo comment would have sent me over the edge.

Spike - I think you would be the best mama to a little girl :-)  Excited for you to be ready for #2 :-)

Bermy - YAY for passing your interview!!!  Not that i doubted you would, but what a relief!!!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- the only thing I have noticed so far is my tummy is flatter- no bloating.  I'm not vain enough for that to permanently give up pizza just for that Smile  Another gal I used to post with on RWOL has a blog called eat-sweat-think and she has crazy abs after 2 kids, but I really don't care enough about my looks to have the dedication to her exercise regimen or diet. As long as my clothes fit nicely, I'm not worried about a 6 pack. DH is fully supportive and said he will go totally GF with me. R is going to be harder because he eats stuff made with Spelt at daycare, so I'm not going to bother his daycare lady with that just yet. I'm letting the boys finish up some crackers and pretzels that are in the cupboards, so far no cravings and no temptation on things containing gluten yet. The only thing that I've craved is chocolate which I'm going to go without for at least a couple weeks until I notice if my energy and stuff is up. I got in this terrible cycle of eating tons of chocolate and caffeine to try to get more energy. I'm feeling better rested today, but I think that was from R shutting the heck up at night for once.   I'm also doing something called Seed Cycling which is supposed to help regulate my hormones and purge excess estrogen- so last night I put a bunch of ground flax on my salad.. mmm nutty.

Blerg, I'm feeling asthmatic today. I've taken my inhaler a few times and its not helping. I just feel like I can't take a deep enough breath and I keep coughing.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

mere- unfortunately building a house is our baby this year. After the crazy stress I endured during my pregnancy with R (mom getting shot/drama with stepdad's trial), I have no desire to have major stress in my life while pregnant if I can help it, so babymaking is pushed back to 2014. Hoping that I get my ovaries in better health before then too, because the doctor told me it would probably be more difficult this time around. I always wanted a little boy because I was a major tom-boy as a kid, still am not a girly girl. It would be nice to round out my family with a girl, but at the same time, I can picture R wrestling and playing in forts with a little bro Smile

BermyHorse

spike - so, I totally got the girl wrong - it was someone completely different. too funny. This person looked like medea. Thanks for the gf update. I am very interested to hear how you transition and your thoughts on it so please do share as you go.

runnergirl9508

alright, mom is gone, DH off to work and R is napping...going to try to get to as many of you as i can!

zorbs- nice run this morning! i love MP runsm such a good confidence booster for the marathon itself. yay for another peaceful bath/bedtime. aw about the i love you!!!

ernie- lol on the zombie walk, you ran an awesome race and got a big fat PR, you earned that strut! R is also obsessed w/ opening and closing doors in the house. mmm, maple syrup fest sounds like fun! do they have alot of kid activities?

Bermy- aw, i'm so sorry that you're still sick! i wish i could fly to Bermy and help you recover/pack/relax and play with DS. i'm so glad that you've been able to sell things. i can imagine it will be very hard to leave your coach, but i'm glad you can get back to see her race!

jen- boo for proctoring! i'd be sneaking in water at least! hope you can get outside for some good running this week, are you guys still getting alot of snow? hope J is feeling better soon too.

Cx2- ugh, so frustrating with the mombie friend! that would annoy the crap outta me. hope you can get out for a nice run today! i can't believe C is almost a year old already!

Shelbyjo- hope you can get the run in, yay for DS STTN!!! i hope the hospital day goes quickly for you, do you know what area you want to eventually end up in? i really really miss the PA that worked with the GP here. she moved to NC to get her masters at Duke, and the new PA is just so boring...

mer- wow, sounds like a busy day for you! what class are you teaching tonight? i hope it goes well for you. Glad that DH is stepping up and helping you out. it's hard enough being preggo, let alone having to take care of a toddler too! yay for buying new clothes- always fun. you'll be able to wear a bunch of cute spring/summer dresses Smile

arm-how's the PT going? as for the stress fracture, if it's still bothering you, see if you can get an MRI done- that's the only surefire way to know if there really is one. sfx's dont show up on x-rays until the healing process has begun. tennis gets cancelled for rain? enjoy your massage, how i need one!!! yeah, it was just easier to put R down to bed w/ the boob, but i think we were both pretty much done! how long does it take for the milk duds to dry up? i'm still feeling like i have some in there, and the last day i nursed was Friday.

CA- yay for vacation soon!!!! i'm so excited for you, haha. we didn't get sophie for R, but i have a friend who swears by it for all three of her kids. great job w/ the ST workout too!

mere- hello! nice to see you on here. wow, 15 weeks already?! glad you're feeling so great. sounds like you have a great plan of running this pregnancy. aw a girl, how sweet! yay for a date night!

spike- have a great run later! firefighter crossfit?! sounds great! one of the guys i work with just got a certification in tactical fitness training, meaning he's targeting police/firemen. cool! so glad the later bedtime worked for R, hope it's a new trend!

Bermy- glad you passed the interview, wooohooo!!!!! amazing how that stress gone will make you feel better Smile

k, think i got everyone!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runnergirl9508

and a quick QOTD-

for those who b'fed their babies, how long after weaning did it take for you to dry up? Fri night was the last time i nursed, and i still have milk....

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

and a quick QOTD-

for those who b'fed their babies, how long after weaning did it take for you to dry up? Fri night was the last time i nursed, and i still have milk....

oh goodness, I could still squeeze out a drop or 2 for a good year and a half after I stopped bf!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

qotd - I was the same as zorbs could squeeze some out for ages and then it stopped and I got pgr and it came back Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- about a week after I weaned R I had to hand express maybe an ounce or two off of one side because it was really achy- it was watery liquid, then a few days later I had to do the other side- once again, watery liquid kinda like foremilk.

runswithrocky

I stopped nursing around 6 weeks and could squeeze out a little bit for months.  Not that I did it that often, but seriously, months.

Erniegirl

CA - Sophie is like baby crack. I don't know what it's made of, either, but they all love it. Hope you have a smooth flight to Florida tomorrow!

Mere - Sorry you've been feeling so sick. I didn't know they told people the gender at the nuchal scan..how accurate is the gender reveal that early?

Rg - 18 months of bfing is impressive! Glad the weaning is going smoothly. I stopped bfing because my milk dried right up, so I couldn't even squeeze out a drop after 24 hours. But that is not a normal experience...I remember my sister saying she still could squeeze out milk for months. Oh, and I didn't get AF back for another 6 weeks after I stopped bfing, so you might still have weeks of freedom from AF! The farm we went to always has lots of kids activities but maple syrup fest was geared a little more towards older kids since they did a tour and talked about how maple syrup is made, which S obviously does not care about. But she slurped up a maple syrup sample like it was nobody's business!

Spike - I hope you can make it to firefighter crossfit. It sounds like so much fun! Boo on not being able to drink beer because of gluten. I hope you can find a good-tasting GF beer!

Bermy - Way to go on passing your interview! Losing a couple of pounds is the only upside to being sick! I lost the 2 pounds I had gained over the winter and have kept them off since, so that was nice. Don't worry, you won't have lost any fitness and, even if you lost a tiny bit, you still have lots of time until your race to get it back, right? Plus, dropping two pounds makes you faster, so it all evens out Smile

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15