Womens Running

Over the Hump Supermoms (Read 19 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning...

RR: planning on 7-8 btw training clients this morning. It's so cold out. Had a great run yesterday. Need to ST/KB sometime this week too, maybe tomorrow?

TR: loves bath time- kicking, splashing, "swimming" in the tub. He's been very snuggly with me lately, lots of hugs and kisses, and he HAS to sit on my lap for story time now, too.

NRR: reviewing my course materials to take the RRCA coaching exam, planning to take it tomorrow!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST, 20 min elliptical.  I've made it through half the week with no running and I'm not going crazy...yet...

TR - built a lego house complete with fence, light, yard with flower garden and has adventures with lego men and dogs.  So cute.

FR - chinese stew, noodles.

NRR - I found the printed calorie counts in the US to be a good deterrent for overeating.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - RD -  my legs are feeling almost back to normal now.  Just a bit of regular running soreness as opposed to the debilitating soreness Wink   I need to think about what to do next as far as running/exercise goes.  I really enjoyed having a plan during marathon training.

NRR - got home from the US around 8 last night.  Unpacking myself, DH and the kids today.

NRR#2 - It's DH's bday today.  He is working days and I am working nights, so I won't see him.

FR - spaghetti, I think

KR - it was nice to see the kids again!  They seem older!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 10 k plus ST'ing tonight w/ RP.  It's fricking cold out there this morning, but I think it's supposed to be getting warmer.  Chiro grastoned a tendon/muscle along the inside of my lower shin and I'm black and blue now, I think that's where the tension was coming from, everything feels much better today.

TR - such a goof ball, and so imaginative.  She uses it though to try to get out of things.  Whenever we want her to do something that she doesn't want to do she goes into some imaginative story, like last night she was a pigmy marmoset (from Diego), and they don't wear pajamas or brush their teeth...

BR - crawled up the flight of stairs at the dayhome!  It seems like she's grown up so much in the last week, standing, going up stairs, etc. It's fun!

FR - DH's in charge.

So tired, must get coffee.....

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - it's freezing here!!  But luckily it's supposed to warm up by the weekend, and luckily I'm not running my race here.  Good luck with your studying and exam, I'm sure you'll do great!!

zorbs - elliptical... I don't think I've ever seen you write that word Wink  LOVE Legos!!  We are constantly building houses, straw, stick and brick ones Smile

r-eh - Glad your legs are feeling better!  There's nothing like the soreness after that first marathon, I still remember the days after mine.  I love having a running plan/schedule!!  Any idea what you want to do?

Erniegirl

RR - Legs are feeling much better today, but since yesterday's attempted recovery run sucked so much, I think I'll take another rest day.

TR - Yesterday at the library program, there was a baby wearing a sleeper with paw prints all over it. S kept running over to the baby, pointing at him and saying "Mom!" "paw poo" (paw print) "Clue!" Ha ha, girl is watching too much Blues Clues on Netflix!

FR - Meatloaf smothered with mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts

NRR - Finally caught S's cold yesterday...at least it waited until after my race to latch on. Last night, I was limping around with sore legs and feeling like crap from the cold, so I'm sure I was quite a pathetic sight. I took a long bath and managed to get 10 hours of sleep last night, though, so  I am feeling much better today!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

strollermama

Just lurking today...

eh - That is why I always sign up for another race right away.  If I don't have a plan, I feel very lost and unmotivated.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Nope. Might go tonight- depends on if the weather is still 24*F with 35 mph wind gusts after work.

TR: Accident yesterday, while waiting in line to use the potty before rest time. There were kids out the yingyang there yesterday. R is one of the few kids that go M-F, most of them only go a few days a week.

FR: Last night was pressure cooker country ribs, Sweet potato fries and corn.

NRR: I slept from 8pm-5:30 am and am feeling mostly better. R tried to do his get up a million times and whine at bedtime thing last night, but after the first trip to the potty I told him that Mommy was sick and owie and she really needed to sleep, so he really needed to stay in bed or I would be sad. It worked, miraculously!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- Does R like cars? My R is really into Richard Scarry's Cars, Trucks, and Things That Go- he loves looking for the goldbug.

zorbs- Nothing to turn your stomach like looking up the calorie count on the Bacon Ultimate CHeeseburger at Jack in the Box. I remember looking up some foods when I was doing WW that were more calories than I was supposed to eat ina  whole day. Cute about the legos!

Eh- Happy bday to your DH!  Yeah I walked down stairs backwards for the better part of a week after my marathon. Directly after the race, we went to my friend's apartment on Queen Anne Hill to shower (super steep residential neighborhood in Seattle) and we had to climb and descend 3 flights of stairs to go in and out. Torture.  I took about a month off of training after my full then signed up for a half.

CA- Are you feeling like this will be a PR race for you? Graston hurts so good.

Ernie- I may or may not have dozed off while reading books and playing trains with R last night. Its amazing what a good sleep will do for you, I feel tons better and I don't remember the last time I got 9.5 hours of sleep.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - glad your legs are feeling better, but good idea to take it easy, especially with the cold, ugh I hope it passes quickly!  Can you just cook double all your FR and send me half?  I'll pay for groceries Smile

spike -  ugh on the weather, it's effing freezing here today.  Nice on the sleep, I'm jealous!  I am assuming I'm PR'ing unless things go terribly wrong... I'm hoping for sub 4hrs.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I assume the test is open book?

eh - I agree with signing up for another race.

CA - that sounds like the same tendon on my shin that's been bugging me on and off for the past while.  You've never seen me write elliptical because I haven't been on one in 4 years.

ernie - your dinner sounds good.  These are all the things that help with leg fatigue: yoga, massage/physio, calf sleeves, hot tub.

spike - I don't like knowing the calorie count when we have junk food Saturday nights..I want to eat without feeling guilty.  But in Corning I saw a muffin for 360 cals, and one morning at Waffle House I wanted an omelet (925 cals) and both times I stopped and chose something else.  I'm starting to think my gas isn't caused by kale, it's just that whenever I go to WF, I get the kale salad, and I also get the roasted garlic cloves...usually about 20 cloves.  I've had a ton of kale (a bag of chips + kale slaw) in the past 24h and not a single toot.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

rg - you'll rock the exam, no doubt!  Those snuggles and kisses are so sweet! It is so cold - I need to get into cold weather mode.  At least it is nice and sunny here today.

zorbs - I love how you are taking a week off, but not really Wink  I just ignored the calorie counts - probably shouldn't have though.  Nice job on the lego, B!  Is he good at independent play w. that kind of stuff?   Since you are the queen of race reports (in my opinion anyway) I am going to tell you that I think I should rewrite mine - it's amazing what a few days will do to change your perspective!

CA - haha at M - so smart!  Your training still continues to amaze me, way to go!  I have no idea what to do as far as running plans for the future, but I know I need some sort of plan!

ernie - good idea to rest!  Hope that cold doesn't stick around too long!  Yum on your FR!  DS has been asking for meatloaf for a while, so I am going to have to make that soon.

stroller - hi!  Thanks for the idea of signing up for another race!  It's a great idea, I am just not sure what I want to do for distance.

spike - HI!!  DD is screaming - gotta run!

running eh

spike - sorry about that!  I love that you use a pressure cooker.  I don't own one and I have never used one, but it does seem quite handy.  Glad R slept so well for you.  I like hearing about other peoples experiences post marathon.  DH went for a short run on day 2 by day 4 he said that his legs felt completely back to normal!

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- I LOOOOOVE my pressure cooker, I actually would like to get a bigger one. I think mine is a 5 qt Fagor. Want pot roast, but don't have 3-5 hours? Pressure cook it in an hour. Ribs? Pressure cook it in 15-20 mins, then broil. Mashed potatoes on the table in under 15 minutes including peeling and mashing.  Forgot to put your beans in the slow cooker? Done in 30-60 minutes depending on size. Do I sound like an infomercial yet? It is my very favorite thing that I got for my wedding. I have my gma's old pressure canner but I don't know how to use it and need to get the valves checked.

runnergirl9508

RR2- a little over 7 miles this morning, it was 19* but no wind, so actually felt great!

zorbs- ugh, wtg on the elliptical! wow, cute lego house and yard, B! R loves to put the flowers on top of the fence pieces. yes, the calorie counts are great- eye-opening to see just how much you're actually eating! yes, open book test.

reh- glad your legs are recovering so well! i'd keep walking for a few more days, maybe try a short easy run on Saturday to see how you feel. it's tough going from the structure of a marathon training plan back to regular running. happy bday to your DH! and btw, congrats to him on such a speedy marathon time! I bet the kids are happy to have you home.

CA- enjoy your run and ST today. glad the graston worked! LOL on M's imagination- that's pretty creative! wow, O is really growing up fast. hope you get your coffee today.

Ernie- glad the legs are feeling better! aw, sucks that you caught S's cold! I hope you're both better soon. awww, cute on the baby at the library! yay for so much sleep last night!

stroller- Smile

spike- brrr, chilly weather, and ridiculous wind! we drove home from Chicago in 35-40mph sustained winds the other night, fortunately it was at our backs, but I almost fell over when we got out of the car at one of the rest stops!  aw, poor R on the accident! wow, great night's sleep for you too! R LOOOOOOOVES playing with cars! he has a few books from the movie "Cars" and they are among his current favorites.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08