Womens Running

Frosty Friday Supermoms (Read 352 times)

simone the cat

spike - woo-hoo for your 20 mpw!  Very cute that R scolds the dog by name or otherwise Smile  Neither the boy or I have read Harry Potter, so I don't think he got the alley names from there. 

rocky - you might just want to go with the pacifier/crib thing.  I know lots of parents who cut down on the paci use by making it  just for bedtime, so bonus if it's her idea.

mrs z - two boys, 2.5 and 4.5.  What about you?

jm - yeah, I thought all husbands were like that?  I just assume mine doesn't listen.  I write it down on Google calendar,  and that's the only way he knows what is going on.

bermy - I did not say anything (besides making dry heaving noises). 

runnergirl9508

shelby- right now i'm just trying to maintain 40-45mpw. planning to start spring marathon training so i'll be ramping it up in January. i wish all of the supermoms could meet regularly for group runs- it would be awesome!

CA- wow, O is sleeping so well for you!!! sorry, no advice on the ham, i'm a vegetarian...lol. haha about M and her choice of clothing this morning.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

Uphill- so sorry about your false positive for O. That is crazy frustrating.  Sorry W had a bad night, it makes me so sad when R is upset and I can't figure out what the problem is.

mzm- that is so sad about your FIL. A lady I know was on a cruise when her mom got diagnosed with cancer on a Tuesday and died on Saturday. Its crazy how quickly it takes some people, but I guess they don't have to suffer as much. Its hard on the survivors though.  Reid still says a lot of gibberish between words. We tried baby sign language with it, and he wants nothing to do with it, he would rather use the words.

jmmiller- I'm having the opposite problem. DH is claiming he told me stuff and I have zero recollection. 

rocky- people are a-holes. Nuff said.

Bermy- R is a big talker but his fine motor skills still aren't great. I'm a firm believer kids focus on one major skill at a time.

jen- R was 14 or 15 mos when I left him for the first time. I was not at all sad like I thought I would be. I was very happy to see him when I get home. If I go to vegas, I will be away from him for 3-4 nights. :S

twinmom- I like the idea of rewarding effort instead of grades.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

RunningUphill

Zorbs: Glad the booty warmer is fixed!

Bermy: I am so jealous of all of your awesome speedwork!  You are an animal : )  What happened at the holiday party to make it a disaster?

CMG: YOu changed your screenname I got confused!  How many weeks are you now?  I hope that boy stays in awhile longer.

Zackmorris: that is a hilarious dream about your secret santa : )  I had some crazy dreams myself last night but now I cant remember them.  Probably for the best because I woke up scared.

Mer: What is the story behind opening stockings so early?

Miller: Good luck in the race tomorrow!!  I really wish I could do it : (  25k is my favorite distance.  We have to find another one soon to keep me motivated.  Sorry about dh not listening.  I could have written that post myself.  I literally have to tell dh 6 times about things, put them on the calendar, email the dates to him, and I still remind him where I'm going when I'm walking out the door.  It is crazy.

Shelby: So glad you are out of your funk!

On to the next page.

RunningUphill

twin: I totally know what you mean about an attitude towards one bleeding onto the others. Of course I only have 1 kid, but I feel like it happens with ds and dh.  If I am angry at one, I cant help but take it out on the other.  It's tough.

Leelee: yay for picking up the christmas tree!  We still need to get ours.  Last year was my first tree ever and I think I am hooked.  Good luck squeezing your run in.

Becky: Our big family holiday party is tomorrow. It is kind of nice having it early so the shopping and stress doesnt drag on all month.  BUt I am not having it at my house so it is way easier.  Good luck getting ready!

Simone: I am embarassed to say that I actually really like mcdonalds but still cant stand the smell if I am not eating it.  That kind of food should not be allowed on airplanes!  I once sat next to someone who opened a can of tuna.  I like tuna too but the smell of it on an airplane almost made me hurl.

Rocky: So sorry about everything with dh.  I know you are at a really tough spot having to make decisions and I feel for you.

runninmer

simone - Looks like I may be coming to Chi in March.  I'll keep you posted as I would love a running buddy while there!

uphill - We do St. Nick.  So he came Wednesday night and I leave before J gets up so we opened our stockings when I got home from work.  I like McDonalds too. Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Leeleeche

MrsZack - what a horrible dream! I'm sure it won't come true! We just read our first pinkalicious book last night. I was about the tooth fairy I think. See how well I pay attention?

Zorbs - I finally found benedryl to be very effective when I couldn't sleep a few months ago. Nyquil and meletonin were not working for me. 

cx2 - it's not your fault!! C will do find with someone else as soon as she adjusts. J was/is super clingy. She usually stayed with family that she knew but I did find the right in home daycare 1 day a week and she did fine! The right person will make the difference and C will have a great socializing experience!

jmmiller - enjoy the trail race! It sounds grueling but awesome! I used to run trails often but only for 3-4 mile runs. Any longer than that and I felt like I was out all day. 

shelby - I hope your LO is better soon! The hourly daycare sounds awesome! My sister wanted to open one a while ago but I think she doesn't like kids. It was really odd for me to think about her doing that. 

CAR - so funny about M changing her clothes. J is happy to take hers off but never puts anything on. She would go to school naked if I let her. 

runninmer

cx2 - You are doing NOTHING wrong with C.  It is perfectly normal for kids to be attached to their parents.  Our doctor told us he get worried when kids attach themselves to him. People are horrible with their stupid opinions.  

cmg - I think the computer is recognizing the : and the p as one because the two together make that face!

jmmiller - We played Time's Up.  It was a blast!

shelby - Bummer about the sick little one.  You are right to skip it.  I do agree that an hourly daycare sounds awesome!  Although, with my luck, they would call and make me pick up my kid after an hour!

CAR -  Thanks for the input the other day about showering.  I also appreciate your post about the difference between having one kid and two with a relationship.  We had a hard time with J because of the screaming.  That is a hesitancy with us because I sometimes wonder if we can handle that again. Glad the girls are sleeping well.  You are doing awesome with the working out!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bumped into my friend at the grocery store, the one with the maybe pg gf...

Bermy -  I don't eat anything special after speedwork, after long runs I almost always eat vietnamese.  good mix of carb and protein.  I do drink around my friend, but he told me it was all right.  In fact, once I even bought wine and drank it at his house.  He can also go into the liquor store without being triggered.

carly - good gawd on the penguin house.  Sound like twin's DD would love it. :P

mrszm - yes I agree, I'm sure your SS present is lovely!

mer - yah pit stop at his house.

cx2 - I think I have made B not clingy..I just left him (and still leave him) to do his own thing, he's very independent and I am thankful for that.

jmm - 25K seems like a common distance in trail running, not so much for road? You actually don't burn more calories pushing a stroller, because the weight is in front of you instead of on you.  And because you go slower, you also burn less calories.  I can show you HRM calorie counts that show zero difference between stroller running and solo running.

shelby - that 10 pm was hardly a real workout, it was maybe 1-2 minutes total.  That was one night.  But I haven't slept for 6 out of 7 nights this past week.  Lunch was awesome, we tried a new AYCE sushi joint that was cheap AND tasty.

this is how I do planks and teach them to my clients.

CA - I'd just pack ham and eat it for a snack at work.

twin - the not trying thing sounds like what my dad used to say to me. I'd say, "I am trying my best!" and he'd say, "if you really were trying your best, you wouldn't have to tell me, I'd just know."  I just have to ask DH if he knows how to fix the power plug.

banshee - hi!

lee - lol on a concert at preschool! I can't imagine getting children that age to practice anything!

becky - did you just say you'll be alone with the in laws while your DH is away? omg.

simone - omg obese person eating mcd's on a plane made me throw up a little in my mouth.  There will be 10 adults, 3 toddlers at the Christmas party.

spike - great job on your 20 mpw.  It might surprise you, but I haven't been running much more than that since my marathon..between 22-25mpw.  I have a little bit of nyquil hangover.  Gravol doesn't give me a hangover at all.

rocky - wish nyquil worked for me..I've been taking it this past week, since I've got the sniffles and I'm still not sleeping.

uphill - what kind of fun things do you have planned?

jen - weee at the party! I think you should run off the hangover tomorrow morning Smile

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Leeleeche

twin - both DS and I are so glad soccer is over for the season! He has TKD year round but it is at 4:00 so MIL takes him. Thank goodness!  How is your training going? Mine is pretty good so far. I am doing 8 again tomorrow. I planned for a super slow build up since I had an awful Achillies injury last year. 

becky - bummer about the cold! Get well! The dentist told DS that he was not allowed to eat gummy vitamins anymore. Yahoo!!! 

banshee - Hi!

Spike - I lol'd at your comment. I often think of Jandro as Manny. I am old and while and DH is young and Latin (and pretty hot if I do say so myself). He comes up with some very profound things sometimes that make me think he has an old soul like Manny. 

simone - I have nothing in the works yet but I am starting to put feelers out. So glad that you have a lead. 

rocky - I am thinking about you a lot! I sent J to school once after a single episode. She was fine to. Schools rules are more than once in a 24 hour period so we were within the guidlines. 

Gahhh! They put money in my bank account and then actually expect me to work for it! Smile

jmmiller

Zorbs:  that is very interesting because I know I'm using more arm  muscle and leg muscle to push them so I would think that would equal more calories burned, especially up hill.  I'm guessing I'm pushing at least 70 lbs with the two of them plus the weight of the stroller. 

Glad I'm not alone on the DH forgetfullness thing.  Maybe he's always been like that but I notice it more now with the kids. 

Uphill:  Sounds like a great weekend ahead. I hope DS is ok and you can enjoy it. 

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

jmmiller

I was curious so I googled and this is what I found: http://www.livestrong.com/article/321763-calories-burned-running-with-stroller/

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

jmm: I replied in this thread, but other people explained the calories burned thing in a more scientific manner.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Leeleeche

Uphill - I was wondering how you were celebrating holidays. I take it your Dh is not Jewish? I am not crazy about Christmas but I do love the tree and the lights. I love the rituals, I just wish we could skip the actual day. 

twinmom_112002

Lee: Soccer season goes year round because we are club but we get the odd little break here and there. My training isn't coming. Between life and work and finally finishing my master's running has fallen off the map. Seriously doubting that I will be making it to the starting line.