Womens Running

Thankful for Haircut Thursday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Camille2, I was tested years ago. It is still trees, mold and dust. Some foods have been added but have moderated, thankfully. Fall is the worst time.

Wednesday I did 50 minutes running at the track and some of it with my coach who is faster than I. It feels so good to run.   I did 25 minutes of cardio DVD when I got home.

Today is haircut and color day. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Run planned at the track after haircut.

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

I ran 4 miles this morning and more running than walking today, Yay!  Still even slower than I normally am, but felt pretty good and I got out early this morning while still dark and didn't think too much about falling.

Lisa....not sure how I will do next weekend, but it's gonna be S...L...O...W!  You can probably walk faster, it will still be fun though!

Judy....I usually color my hair myself, but I am due and I can't do it with this wrist, so I have to find someone to do it for me this weekend hopefully.

I am fortunate to not have any allergies and never have.  That isn't to say that I couldn't develop any, but so far, so good.  I sympathize with those of you who do suffer.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 miles. Now just work.

I'm getting my hair done Saturday. Looks like a lot of us are getting hair appt this week.

Marjorie

Good Morning!

4.35 miles this morning w Jeffrey.  I felt stiff and beat up, so I bailed early. Went home and did some core exercises to see if that would help.  Mostly lower back/hips--sucks to get old!!

Guess I'd better get some work done.

Have a great day!

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning all. I'm new to the group. I'm 50, turning 51 next month.  I'm training for a HM on 9/20 right now.  I'm also doing the Rock N Roll Arizona HM with my brother in January.  I'm super slow, but persistent! I have two grown kids and one adorable granddaughter.

Ran 4 miles with my 4 legged running buddy this morning.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Tough workout (AGAIN) last night.  4 on the TM and I couldn't breathe for the life of me, and the weights after that (I could breathe fine there).  Not sure what I'll do today.  Pilates and a massage later.

Judy, Miami has been in high allergy season since January.  It's wrecking my lungs.  Hope your Fall is not this bad.

Ginny, nice job on the 4.

Marjorie, nice job on the run.

Sue, nice run.  Get that core exercise.

Shadow, welcome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Welcome Shadow!  I am doing a Half Marathon on 9/20 also.  Mine is The Might Niagara , north of Buffalo, N.Y.  This will be my second time doing this one.   I am 64, have 3 grown children and 10 grandchildren, work at my local library, but planning on retiring soon.  Been running 35+ years.....Hope you stick around with us, we are a fun group!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Hi guys! I swear, my legs are all twitchy from not running. The pain in my foot isn't bad, but it's still there. I don't want to make things worse, but dangit, I want to run! I am now pretty much wearing running shoes with the heel insert all the time, and I don't care how goofy it looks at work. I just want to run a decent marathon in 2.5 weeks (I'll see how I feel that day, but will probably save the sub-3:30 attempt for either Rehoboth in December or Charleston in January). I just want to get healthy enough to run all the marathons I've planned this fall and winter before we move.

Speaking of the move, I had another conversation with my boss today. I was supposed to go to a 3-day meeting facilitation class in Boston in November, but we hadn't talked about it since I told her we were moving, and I didn't want to sign up for a $2500 class if she didn't think the working remotely thing would work. She asked if I really wanted to keep working here, and I said I did (and I do), and so she said she would fight for it for me if needed. She's going to tell the Board confidentially at our meeting next month and talk to them all to get them on board, so when her replacement starts Jan. 1, he/she will just go along with the Board decision. So she told me to go ahead and sign up for the class. Then she told me she's looking for places to put extra money for my travel back to the office once I move without generating too many questions. She's already got my one-year merit increase and my promotion increase (happening the month after my one-year) in my program budget, so she's putting the travel in a general admin category for now. Yay me! And good that at least work is going well since running isn't.

Shadow, welcome! And if you made it through the last couple paragraphs I just wrote, please know that I'm not usually such a basket case. My DH is being transferred to Texas from his office in Virginia (we live in Maryland and I work in DC) next spring and we just got back from our house hunting trip down there. We bought a new house which should be ready in February and are trying to figure out all the logistics. And my boss is retiring at the end of the year, but is trying to set it up that I can continue working here once we move. And I've got a bit of PF in my right heel and I'm very whiny about it. So that's me.

Ginny, glad to hear more running than walking and less thoughts of falling! You're getting back to normal - yay.

Damaris, I wish you could just move out of Florida and to somewhere you could, oh, I don't know, BREATHE. It's kind of an important thing.

I think I missed some of the "girl" genes - I hate getting my hair cut. Which is one reason I never plan on coloring it, even though I'm starting to see some grey.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Quick hello to all!  Have been taking it easy since the marathon on Sunday but today, I did a little 3 mile run.  Happy to report that all parts are still in working order.

Hi Shadow!  Welcome.  If you're slow and persistent, you're in good company here, haha.   There are some fast ladies too, of course (ahem, see Karen aka Anonymous Guest, above), but not me.  I'm 46 and live in Half Moon Bay, CA with my dear husband and 3 parrots.

Judy, I'm a few weeks out from my next color and cut.  Hope yours went well!

GinnyB, glad your confidence is coming back.  Careful in the dark!

Marjorie, nice miles as usual.

CrazySue, good luck loosening up the back and hips.

Damaris, you have an inhaler?  Or trying to cut down on asthma meds?  I remember there was something you were going to try cutting out.

Karen, let the foot heal!  Good that your boss is fighting for you.

Hi to everyone else.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Welcome Shadow!  I'm in Charleston SC. I will be 48 in a few months. No races coming off for me. I swore off doing them last year.

Karen. Hubby is thinking of doing the 5 K at Charkeston. We will see.  Ginny are you still thinking if coming with Karen for Charleston?  We have space!  I'm glad they are still getting it so you can keep your job there!

Marjorie

Today was my Friday.  Off tomorrow and heading up north to a weekend of rain.  at least we aren't camping.  Did weight work out this morning. Early because school is back in session.  Ugh.

Judy-Yeah for hair cut and color day!

Ginny-I'm betting that you will be faster than the 100 milers!  I have nothing to prove other than for you to see how fun trails are in their slow and different way.  will check out that half on the island.

Marjorie-nice double digits.

Sue-sorry you feel rough.

Shadow-welcome!  I'm 51 too!  We have no minimum speeds here.  Just keep moving and you'll get it done!

Damaris-ah.. a massage.

Lisa

camille2

Good afternoon!

Judy, I need a haircut in the worst way but don't have anyone here. Last summer I had it cut by my old stylist in Fairbanks.  I have screw up my courage and go to someone new next week. I colored it.

Ginny, yeah for you!  You're doing great!  I have a friend who broke hers over the 4th and she just  started walking again.

Shadow, welcome!  I'm 63 and am getting back in gear after several issues over the past year or two. I'm also hoping to do  half  or two in the fall and it looks like Bull City Racefest  (and food truck rodeo!) in Durham will be one.  I spend the summers in Alaska (home) and winters in N Ga.

Docket/demaris, I hope tonight's run is easier!

Marjorie, you're racking up those double digits again! Good for you.

Karen (AnonG), I read something on Running Times yesterday and saw Wharton has an article about  PF http://www.runnersworld.com/injury-prevention-recovery/plantar-fasciitis-release-technique    I'm so happy your boss is trying to take care of you.

Gatsby, you're pretty fast yourself!  I'm glad you're recovering.

Hi Sue, I hope your back is better tomorrow.

It's a bit cool and intermittently drizzling here, but we decided to hike the North Face trail at Alyeska anyway.  Good decision-it was a gorgeous hike new to both of us.  We took the free tram down. One little issue:  my hiking buddy put her new can of bear spray on her backpack belt. About a mile in, we saw a black bear running away into the bushes and hiking buddy realized her spray was missing. We think it slipped off the belt when she took her jacket off.  We talked loudly the rest of the way up and had no trouble.  She was bummed about losing the spray though and after we finished, we went back but couldn't find it.

Question-I'm never sure how to change out training plan runs with these summer hikes.  This was 2.2 mi and 2300' elevation gain-pretty straight up. That seems much harder and took twice as long as the 4 miles I would have done.  Does it seem right to substitute it? The runs are good training, but these hikes feed my soul.