Womens Running

Magnificent Monday - Supermoms (Read 31 times)

runnergirl9508

back for personals...

marathonjen- nice job on the runs this weekend! sorry your schedule isn't allowing you to get out today, though. good luck at the dr appt tomorrow. aw, poor J! i hope he is feeling better soon, and you are too! i'm glad that spring break is coming soon- you definitely need it. wish i could fly out there to entertain J and help you out so you could take a rest.

Cx2- hope you were able to get outside for your run today! wow, back to work next week already?! it seems like you just had C! R walked barefoot until it was too cold for him to be outside without shoes/socks on. wow on the pizza! i'm always amazed at just how much food they can fit in their tiny tummies. R can out-eat me most meals, ha!

shelbyjo- great job getting your 20 in yesetrday, enjoy the well-earned rest today. omg, DH showed up at just the right time for you! I also had to make an emergency pit stop about halfway through my LR on Sat- I rounded a corner and there was a port-a-potty! have fun in NC, how long are you there? DH works in the aviation dept for a private company here.

Dexy- great to see you here!! oh no on the pee! my younger bro used to pee out his bedroom window, lol. boys.great job on the workouts! ugh i missed the dog thing, but glad he's ok.

r-eh- hey! i've been thinking about you! i am eagerly awaiting warmer temps so I can put my arm warmers to good use! i'm hoping to wear them in my marathon in May. i take breaks from online stuff every now and then too. i just sometimes need to unplug.

spike- nice that you didn't have to push R in the wind! Ha, the play-doh and coloring times only last about 10 minutes each, then it's back to climbing the furniture, chasing the dog, using me as a jugle gym. Great job with all the packing! When are you guys  moving?

ernie- the hills went well for me too! i got out early enough that the wind hadn't really started blasting yet.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Spike: I'm definitely going to keep a close eye on DS and when he might be peeing on his floor.

Zorbs: yep; peroxide = vomit.. I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to gross me out at this stage in life.  Between the kids and the pets, there is no shortage of disgusting.

FR: A 10lb box of Harry London Chocolates just showed up on my desk from a supplier.  I'm not going to eat a single one and be reminded that they are the best chocolates on the planet. Fingers crossed the coworkers eat them quickly!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- we move in less than two weeks to a rental while we build our house.

Dexy- when my dog ate chocolate, the vet fed her peroxide 3x and she still didn't barf so they had to pump her stomach. Good luck avoiding the chocolate!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

RR: was planning on 20m but the heavy rain has just stopped and we have been doing a billion chores with DH taking a vacation day, so might have a rest day and do 20 tomorrow morning. Either way, I am still so proud of myself for keeping on running through moving countries at 50mpw.

RR2: have no daily routine yet which is a bit disturbing but it will come soon. I think when DH starts working tomorrow (from his lab at home) I will have a lot more time to do my own thing (with DS of course). Went a bit dizzy last night before bed. Think it was dehydration as I downed a ton of water and then when I got up with DS at 2am it was gone.

NRR: stopped off at lululemon and got some speed shorts (shorter ones http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-shorts/Run-Speed-Short-32138?cc=8531&skuId=3380090&catId=uswwearit9) and a tighter tank all in smaller sizes. Now I don’t have to discipline 18yo boys I can wear short shorts and tight tanks. Liberation. Ran 10m yesterday and there were tons of women on trail wearing not very much. I like that and am about to leave my run-like-a-nun clothes behind. Also bought a bodymedia band device as I want to start tracking carb/protein/fat ratios and precise calorie intake and burn as well as body fat as per racing weight book.

BR: a gem. Has grown up so much since we were last here 2 weeks ago. Like at the playground yesterday – I have finished all runs there and called DH to come and meet us to play with us – he can climb onto this ladybird on his own. Before he needed lifting on it.

FR: curried carrot and coconut milk soup leftovers. Planned 4 meals for this week. Has anyone bought rapini? Were is the best place to find it?

Hoping to get back for personals. Have tons to talk about but can’t remember right now so I will post as I remember.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

strollermama

RG:  We are here until Sunday.

Spike:  My plan has 3 20 milers and a bunch of 17 and 18 milers.

bermy:  Love the shorts!  I am hoping for some lulu shorts for my bday but I don't think I had good enough legfs for short ones.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

strollermama

eh:  So glad to have you back!

zorbs:  I have a fear of #2 outside.  Plus, this wasn't normal...definitely some kind of bug or something.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

superspike113

Honorary Old

bermy- we are supposed to get those shorts as our lulu seawheeze swag. You might need to log in and update your address so they send them to the right place on your registration! Rapini aka broccoli rabe/broccolini. I would think whole foods/trader joe's would be the best place to find it.

shelby- Jeepers, you are really amazing me with your school schedule and running schedule!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

FR: cooking bermy curry right now!!

BermyHorse

Zorbs – so, was it a magnificent Monday for you then? What did you decide about your SIL party thingy? Gawd I love bermy curry. It was delish. DH loved it.

CA – how hot is it? You look great in your FB photos – really tan and vibrant. Warm weather definitely suits you?! I am a 9pm to bed and up at 6am kinda girl too.

Ernie – hope you felt better towards the end of the day. Nice to hear about nap time being relaxing! I love those. Where do you get your recipes from?

Rg – I am with you on shifting around runs to meet everyone else’s schedule. If only we could to run all day and not fit around other things eh? Tomorrow I have to hang around for shutters to be fitted which will probably take all day. All I want to do is to run 20m. It is going to drive me insane being pent up. Hope they are quick. Meant to say that GREAT on AF coming back! Must have been that one nursing that was holding it off.

Jen – sorry to hear your DS is struggling. Could you call the docs instead? Hope you are ok on your own. How does your DH feel leaving you?

Cx2 – enjoy this last week of mat leave. Yay for big appetite for DD!

Shelby – wonderful work with your LR! Great job! And yay for support from DH and H! good luck with your studying. Glad flight went well for you. I laughed about your legs comment – I spent many years picking my body apart for not being **** enough (* fill in whatever you like). I have decided life is too short and I am going to rock tiny shorts, esp now I have anonymity as no-one knows me!!! I bet your legs are beautiful. Slap some fake tan on them and go for it!

Dexy – I thought we chose you a squirrel proof one? Darn it squirrels – they get into everything! Very cute. Well done on your 4. What is your next training goal?

Eh! – post more – I love reading your posts! Agree on posting taking time but it’s totally worth it for the support we will give you in return!

Spike – I am SOOOO glad I am finished with packing up stuff. But I warn you, unpacking takes much longer at the other end. I think we got a notice to say our overseas shipping is at Nashville airport which would be pretty awesome. It’s got all our cool things in – only 4 boxes, but the things I wanted to ship halfway across the globe.