Womens Running

Fantastic Friday Supermoms (Read 18 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: planning on 5-6 miles this morning, and a core workout. LR of 10-12miles tomorrow.

TR: it seems like he's growing taller again- his 2T pants are starting to get short on him. I have a feeling the 3T's would fall off his waist, though! Ate his weight in vegetarian chili for dinner last night.

NRR: no big plans for the weekend. DH is on call tomorrow, which means he can't be more than an hr away in case a flight gets scheduled. There are no flights planned now, so we'll probably just hang out and do stuff around the house. Maybe start some xmas shopping.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - a bit of low rep/high weight ST, 20 min yoga.

TR - ran around and wouldn't behave when my parents were around.  Usually I just go with the flow (ie if he refuses to wear a particular shirt, well as long as he wears a shirt it's cool) but it pissed my parents off.  Apparently I was that angelic of a child in comparison that they are just totally floored by his behaviour.

FR - japanese noodles: udon, napa cabbage, pork tenderloin in broth, topped with ponzu (soy sauce + lemon juice)

~~~~~~~~~~

rg - do you like R wearing button down shirts? neither B or I are a fan of them, so we have a ton of pretty much brand new shirts that I could bring for you.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - Yoga. My feet are tired. After yesterday's 20k, my RA log said I'd run 60k in the past 7 days, so that's probably why. By far the most I've run in a week since May!

TR - We woke up to some snow on the ground and she raced to the back door saying "Mom!Mom!" with such wonder. She could hardly wait for me to get her boots and coat on, she wanted outside so badly. It was so cute. We went out on the deck and played in the snow for awhile.

FR - Spinach, tomato and swiss cheese omelettes.

NRR - My DH's work is really busy right now so they hired some temps. One of them keeps stealing everyone's food from the fridge but they don't know who it is. My DH's dinner got stolen twice this week, so yesterday we were coming up with diabolical plans of how to get back at the thief Wink In reality, his boss has a fridge in his office so DH is just going to keep his food there from now on. So ridiculous, grown men stealing food like this

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - SRD, 20-22 mi tomorrow.

TR - omg.. she woke up EARLY - 5am ish, and I heard her in the bathroom at some point, but didn't think much of it, thought she was peeing, she was singing and whatever.. she often sits on the toilet for.ev.er... well when I finally got up and went out into the hall she had made a HUGE mess, dumping soap and bandaids and whatever else she found into the sink, and in her hair.  Grrr.  I was threatening to not let her sleep over at gma's tonight, which of course is more of a punishment for me than her so I'd never go through with that!

BR - whenever I pick her up from the dayhome, as soon as she hears my voice she starts giggling, it's pretty awesome Smile

FR - no idea... it's just O and DH and I... I'd pickup takeout but I don't want to eat anything spicy since I'm running long tomorrow....

NRR - I lost the FOB that I use to get in the doors at work, it fell off it's clip some where between work and home yesterday night... it's a pain because I can't even get back from the bathroom without one... I need to get a new one from facilities whenever someone gets in... I also need breakfast but if I leave then I'll have to get back in again... and I want coffee...

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Ernie: http://www.perpetualkid.com/anti-theft-lunch-bags.aspx

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - M went through a phase where she was way too tall for her waist size and I had to just buy the adjustable pants so I could sinch them up on her.

zorbs - lol, maybe it was so long ago that your parents don't remember Wink  I agree, wearing any shirt is winning!

ernie - wow 60K in a week is great!  Weird on the meal stealing.. when my brother was in college, there was a story about someone always going into the fridge and drinking someone else's mountain dew.  The guy put notes on it asking them not to, etc but they kept drinking it so one day after there was more missing he put a note on it saying that he had peed in it.  That was the last time anyone ever drank his mtn dew.

armmama

RR - none today but I'm itching to try running so I'll probably get out sometime this weekend.  Got out of playing tennis today, woohoo!

BR - refused to get in his stroller this morning to walk the girls to school so I let him walk part of the way.  We may have to leave earlier if this continues, it's pretty slow going.  Was being a pill yesterday at the meeting we had at school for DD2 so everyone was passing him their iPads to try different games.  At one point he had 2 iPads and 2 iPhones in front of him with different games going.

KR - DD3's feet are still a mess from the treadmill incident.  She was finally able to put shoes on this morning without them hurting but they still look pretty raw so I'm letting her skip swimming this week.  Poor thing.  I hope she doesnt have scars.

FR - no clue and I don't feel like cooking so probably ordering out somewhere.  First Friday in a while we haven't had plans and I'm glad.

NRR - taking L to the Mall of America today to return a couple things to Athleta (and maybe look around for more things?), spend my Lulu GC and get a start on Christmas shopping.  This is all assuming L cooperates, which is a big IF.

rg - I am secretly wanting to start putting Christmas decorations up this weekend!  It's the only weekend until the middle of December that we don't have any plans, plus it's a 3 day weekend for DH.  Wow on R growing!  I finally got rid of L's 18 month pants a couple weeks ago, hoping he stays in the 2s for the winter.

zorbs - hahaaaa your parents sound just like my dad.  My kids are spoiled rotten brats, and I was apparently a perfect child because he parented so much better than I do.  :rolleyes:

ernie - really strange about the food stealer!  Great job on the running!!

CA - ugh on the early morning wakeup and mess!  L's new room will be across the hall from my 10 year old's room so I told her she's in charge of him when he wakes up overnight.  Wink  We'll see how that works out.  Good luck on your run tomorrow, is this your last long one?

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Going to run after work. Probably 5 ish miles, going to try out my new NB shoes.

TR: I don't know what is going on with this kid, but he's been a jerk at daycare all week. Pooped in the middle of the night- I just was going to let him settle down on his own, but DH decided to go give him a hug and smelled the poop.  We were talking about the letters in a book the other night, and now he points out letters everywhere- on signs, packaging, etc and asks me which ones they are, so we shopped in Walmart and looked at letters last night.

FR: Italian veggie soup thing. I have some black beans soaking to make black bean soup tonight. I hope DH is ok with a semi-liquid diet, its soup season!

NRR: DH's schedule changed. There was no one to cover on Sunday so he's skipping the fire academy, working today and OT Sunday. I feel bad for him, because I know he was looking forward to it. He said he didn't mind because even though he just came off his 7 days off, he felt like we didn't spend much time together. Going to drag him to pick out carpet and look at furniture tomorrow.  Feeling (mostly) at peace about the conversation I will be having with dad on Sunday.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- the Xmas season stresses me out because I'm cheap and suck at giving gifts. I need to start making my list of who to buy for and what to buy. R is so big! 2T is big on my R still.

zorbs- So far R isn't too picky about his clothes, he mostly likes to pick out what jammies he will wear. In some ways, I am more strict than my parents, and in other ways, I'm more relaxed.

Ernie- WTF on the food stealing?  DH's condiments get used up by other people and he gets annoyed, but actual foodstuffs aren't messed with (partly because it'd be pretty obvious to figure out who did it).

CA- DH can't even get through the security gate to work without his badge and its against the rules to let them in without one. Oh man, I'd lose my shit on R if he did that at 5 am!

armama- R either moseys or runs, so if he holds my hand I tell him to "Run Run!" and he will start giggling and running. I think I might have him run off some energy at the beginning of our runs, then put him in the stroller in the future. Owie on DD's feet, I missed that the other day. My friend's daughter ran over her son's hand with a vaccum cleaner once and the brushes burned his hand Sad

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR2: had a fantastic 6 mile run this morning, followed by a good 15 minute core workout. my run felt good this morning, which I needed as the past two days I've just been dragging butt. finished my run before the 25mh winds started too!

zorbs- sure, I love putting button-down shirts on R! thanks. is B coming with you next week to Richmond? mmm, I love ponzu marinade on tofu! your yoga sounded tough this morning!

Ernie- enjoy the yoga today. o cute about the snow, and I love the pic you posted on FB! we had snow flurries this morning, but it's soooo windy that nothing has a chance to stick. mmm, your omelets sound delicious- i'd swap out the swiss for feta Wink WTF on the food-stealer. I worked with a lady who used to steal food. She was caught in the act the one day eating a guys sandwich. and she had the balls to take another bite then put it back in the fridge. gross. she's eaten a whole pint of blueberries on me!

CA- hope your LR is great tomorrow. ugh on the early wakeup and mess! Yikes! hope you figure out your FR. I learned the hard way (on a 22 miler) that black bean burritos are NOT good LR fuel. bummer on the lost FOB- hope you can get it replaced soon! I think I might have to look for adjustable waist 3T's for him- the 2T's are still big on the waist, so I know the 3's would fall off...

arm- glad you were able to get out of tennis! have a great run this weekend- is it your first run post- NYC? R will only ride in the stroller now if I'm running. If we're just going for a walk, he walks alongside. Luckily he likes to sprint as fast as he can, so we make good time Smile aw, poor DD's feet- that sounds so painful. have fun at the mall today. I'm ready to decorate for Christmas too!

spike- cute about R and the letters- my R is doing that now too. It's fun! I hope your weekend goes well, will be sending lots of good vibes for your converstation with your dad. Hugs! What kind of NB shoes did you end up getting? Hope you like them! You usually wear Asics, right? yeah, R is tall- he was 37" at his 2-year well-child in the end of Aug. No idea where he gets the height as i'm 5'6 and DH is 5'9.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- NB 870 v3 that Gina F (DCrunner) recommended. They are a tad fugly, but I don't care. I'll let you know how my maiden voyage goes. I was debating about going for the DS Trainer, but I was worried they would be too lightweight for LRs (I'm a much clompier runner than you).

Erniegirl

rg - Good timing getting your run finished before the winds started! Our snow was all melted by mid-morning, but we are supposed to get a bit more tonight. Omg on the food stealer getting caught in the act and still taking another bite. That is some serious balls! Hope your DH doesn't get called into work this weekend!

zorbs - Ha ha, your parents probably just forget what it's like to have a toddler. I am certain that even the most angelic of toddlers runs around like a maniac and gets into trouble at least sometimes. Ha ha, those lunch bags looks pretty realistic. I always pack a full meal for DH, though, so I would need some sort of mouldy bowl.

CA - Yikes on the bathroom mess. That is not what you want to deal with at 5 am! Yeah, definitely a good plan to avoid spicy food before a long run. Lol at the Mountain Dew story. Yup, we were definitely thinking along those lines, of various, er, bodily functions that could be used to deter theft.

arm - So funny about L with all the ipads and phones. Did you get a picture of it? Ouch on DD3's feet! I didn't realize she'd hurt them so badly! I love not having plans on Friday nights. By the end of the week, I just want to sit on the couch and drink a beer in peace.

spike - Sounds like R is doing great with his letters! I love the Christmas season, but I am getting stressed out about gift giving this year, mainly because I don't know how I'm going to have time to do all my shopping with S around.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

arm - How are you feeling post marathon?    Oh no on DD's feet!  That sounds super painful.  I never go to the mall with my kids anymore, it's more of a pain than it's worth!  Yep, this is the last really long one!

spike - hope you like the NB shoes.  Hope the talk with your dad goes well.  We're not supposed to let people in either but everyone does.  Yup I was pretty pissed at M this morning.

BermyHorse

RR: third hard workout this week. Intervals. This was the bermy double!! 2x2000m at 5k goal race pace, 400m jog rest in between and then 1x1000m. I ran 8.20, 8.16 and then 3.56. It was okay initially and then got tough. I felt so out of shape - my breathing was hard and laboured and I felt like I barely touched on my speed or strength as I felt so cardio-out-of-breath. Need to work on lung capacity apparently.

NRR: playground!

TR: seems to be back in sorts. So odd that one day he is not right and the next day he feels right again. Toddlers eh?

FR: hoping to persuade DH to go to WF. I fancy sushi or a freshly made turkey and brie sandwich.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Stepmom just texted me and said they are getting ipad minis for the big kids and wanted to know if she should get R a leappad. I get so annoyed at the expensive gifts my stepmom insists on buying everyone. I told her we don't want R to play with electronics and they should buy him books and stuff to color with. Am I an ungrateful besom?