Womens Running

Force be With You Friday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Backing our police force with that title.  They do have a tough job, are human, have lives ... I certainly support them!

Ginny-one thing that I don't understand and annoys me is when I hear kids (or adults) refer to police officers in a disrespectful or negative manner or with a slang name.  I have many times corrected other people's kids (and my own grand kids) when they go "watch out here come the <insert slang>" or "oh oh they're going to get someone" (as if the police are the bad guys).  I always make some (my kids would say eye rolling) comment like "yeah!  the police are out there protecting us".  Granted I made a different version of that when I was pulled over for running a red which I didn't do.  But still I pointed out to the girls in the car what they were trying to accomplish in the long run with that busy intersection.  But I don't like police to be made out to be the bad guys.  Like any profession where the stakes are high, any human mistake or bad choice of actions is amplified.  I appreciate them though for all of the good they do to keep us safe!

Probably picked a bad week to do upper body after not having done if for over a month (travel really messed up gym schedule).  Same routine as before but man am I feeling it today.  Heading out for a few loosen up miles.  Haven't run since Sunday and won't run again until marathon this Sunday.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, I am with you about the police. They have certainly been a help to me and I have gotten to know many of them at the gym.

They are people with families who also volunteer a lot in their communities when they are not at work.

Thursday I made a grocery run after 35 minutes of running on the track.

Today will be a very light, easy run. I’m slightly sore from all the workouts this week. Also, the Sunday run was in different shoes with a stronger arch support. This weekend I will use a less strong support.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Ginny, Cindy, anyone else?, yes, do Charleston! It looks like a nice flat race, the half is probably the pretty part of the course (not saying the full won't be pretty, but most races run the half through the best parts of town), if you get MLK day off (that's the holiday in January, isn't it?) it's a three-day weekend, and it's probably my last east coast race for quite awhile. So let's make it a party at Marjorie's! Okay, it's probably not my last east coast race for awhile, I'm thinking about running B&A Trail as my spring goal marathon, since I'll still have my house here and it's my running club and I know it's a fast race. But still, all the other reasons are good.

Lisa, agree with you 100% on the police. We teach kids that they are there to help, yet somewhere along the way many get this attitude and I just want to say Really? These people are putting their lives on the line every single day to protect your ass, and this is how you treat them?

Morning Judy. Light, easy run for me as well today.

I just have to make it through the end of the expo at 9 p.m. tonight without caving and picking up my packet for the marathon tomorrow. I will admit when I texted my Pilates instructor to see if she still had noon available Saturday, and she came back and asked if I could do 1, I thought about the fact that they are starting the race an hours earlier, so if I started at 7 I'd finish at 11, 11:30, which would give me time to get back down this way.....NO.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

TGIF!!!

Waiting till this afternoon for my bike ride.

Charleston???  Hmmmm......sounds like fun.

Not much to say this morning.  I'd rather be home sewing...  Wink

Have a great day everyone!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Re Charleston The half and full you have to go through the industrial section so that part is not pretty and it is boring. But the full you wind through park circle which has some nice sections. Both go through downtown. I wish it spent more time downtown.

I find the long stretch down King Street extension is the worst part and not pretty.   Everyone is welcome to come!

Ran  10.1

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4 miles tonight.

Lisa, I need to do some upper non-Pilates body too.

Judy, enjoy your light run.

Karen, don't pick your packet up!

Sue, enjoy your bike ride!

Marjorie, nice run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Just a quick post and leave today. Ran 11 miles this morning. It was 38f to start and about 45 at the end. Off for a busy weekend.

hope you all enjoy the weekend.

Quick hello to all. On the way to Toronto via LAX (scenic route?) for the marathon on Sunday.

Sending good racing vibes to Lisa in Detroit this weekend and NON-racing vibes to Karen in Baltimore!

Any other racers?

Waves to everyone else. Have a great weekend!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, put the car keys down and stay away from the expo. And tomorrow morning don't even THINK of banditing.

I agree that frequently the half is the nicer part of the course and the second half of the full gets added on more as an afterthought. All too often the second half is one long out and back or a couple of loops wherever they can close the road with least inconvenience to the finishing half marathoners or the townsfolk. Detroit was an exception with the Indian Village and Belle Isle sections of the course in the second half.

Marjorie, looking forward to it! And meeting Quincy and Hammy. Cindy, Ginny, do come...Susan, how far of a drive would it be? You drive to see your dad...or you could fly. Lisa? You in? Judy, I know you don't race, but knowing how interested you are in antebellum women's history think of visiting Charleston and all the history there...

Arimathea

Tessa

Gatsby, LAX ain't scenic. Enjoy the stopover. Wave to the big white building at the southwest edge of downtown that looks like a wedding cake. I'll wave back.

Charleston would be nice but money is just way too tight to consider it, even with my sister living 3 hours away.

Picked up packet and made a friend in line.  Woman from North Dakota visiting her daughter here and running the half.  They had so many questions about the course and parking and where start was and.. and.. I ended up exchanging cell numbers with her and told her that we would communicate Sunday morning so that she could wait inside with Gene and I.  Would feel weird to go in there alone after all. LOL

Karen-hope you have held tough!

Gatsby-have fun in Toronto!  Can't wait to see the medal!

Shadow-nice miles!

Marjorie-thanks for the invite... it is fun to show off your town!

Judy-have a nice weekend.

Lisa