Womens Running

Terrific Tuesday Supermoms (Read 25 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: planning to squeeze in 4 miles btw training clients this morning. Maybe a couple more with R after work, but I think it's supposed to rain today, so probably not. Feeling good after yesterday's 10.

TR: has learned how to spit, and unfortunately will randomly do it while walking thru the house. gross. ate his weight in chili last night, the kid loves beans!

NRR: hmm, not too much! I think DH might be thinking about going to visit his parents this weekend, but i'm going to convince him to stay home Smile I just don't feel like traveling.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 6K really easy.  I was supposed to run with Sam this morning, but she has the piles. Embarrassed

RR#2 - it was raining last night during DH's run time and he's too much of a wimp to run in the rain, so he dusted off the TM for the first time in a long time.  But the amazing thing is he googled how to change the display to metric.  That is life-changing!

TR - commandeered my old pace bunny signs and uses them as "gates".  So when we tried to get him to go into the bathroom for his bath, he blocked the door and said, "gate closed."

FR - chicken pie, salad.  Both of which I have to acquire.  Fridge empty.

NRR - down to the very last roll of TP.  Panic! disaster!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - just finished 7 easy.  Knee felt fine.  I think the yoga video made a world of difference.  I will do it again today.  I never did get my easy miles in yesterday, I forgot I had a meeting last night....

NRR - groceries and meal planning

FR - burritos

KR - was talking to some moms at DS's school last night.  Apparently all of the kids are getting in trouble.  The SK teacher is not the strongest, and the class is full of very rambunctious boys.  I think it's going to be a LONG year!

RG - hope you can convince DH to stay home this weekend!  Glad you feel so good after the 10 yesterday!  yay for loving beans!

Zorbs - how are your legs feeling today?  Yay for DH figuring out the TM.  I don't think I would have run in the rain last night either!  Haha on the gates being closed.  Does B like his baths?

CTimesTwo

Good morning,

ER- ST/core, too lazy to get on the elliptical

TR - new favourite word is "no"... but not just no.. it's "no no no no no no no"... or "nooooooooooooooo"... ha.... last night we had to give her a bath and she only cried for 50% of it instead of the whole thing... hoping it means bath time won't be such a battle each time..

NRR - meetings today, including a demo I have to do at 9:30... there's a fire drill planned for 10am so I need to get through my demo fast...

rg - hope you can convince your DH to stay in town this weekend... neither DH nor I are big travellers, I think we both got the travelling bug out of our systems in our 20's...

zorbs - i had to google what metric was... i couldn't remember which is metric and which is imperial!  I've always done my runs in miles, I guess it's b/c we're so close to the US I hear everything in miles..

eh - glad your knee feels better.. i've never done yoga, although I tried once and it hurt like crazy..

Erniegirl

RR - ST. Perfect for a cold, rainy day! I ran 9k yesterday. I'm always fascinated by the variation in clothing people wear to run at this time of year. When I ran yesterday, it was 11C/51F and partly cloudy. I was wearing a tank and skirt and was totally comfortable. But then I saw another woman running, wearing tights, long sleeves, a fleece vest, gloves and ear warmers!

TR - Apparently she learned some of her alphabet without my knowledge. I got her a colouring book and one page had the alphabet on it, and she started pointing to several different letters and naming them! I was impressed. And, in her typical fashion, she knows some letters that are harder to say like "H" and "S" but doesn't know some easier ones, like "E"

FR - Pork chops, mashed potatoes and cabbage

NRR - I swear, I have been asked by like seven people in the past two days when we are going to have another baby. SHUT UP, PEOPLE!

~~~~~

rg - Ew on the random spitting! The other day, S took a sip of water and then spit it into my face and started laughing. Not cool, kid. Hope you can convince DH not to travel this weekend. At least his parents aren't coming to stay with you, right? Wink

zorbs - Nice work by DH on changing the TM display. That will come in handy for you soon, I'm sure...winter is coming. No chicken pie or TP in the house? Get ye to the store! I had to look up what "the piles" is. Yikes, poor Sam!

eh - Do you have a specific yoga video you're doing or are you just finding good ones on youtube? Burritos sound good! Oh boy, I'll bet that SK class gets pretty crazy. At least you know you DS is not the only one getting into trouble.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 8k recovery, glutes are a bit sore from the tempo yesterday, but my left hip that had been a bit tight seems like it has released.  I'm in a bit of shock actually that I've come this far in this training cycle, and have run so much, even getting in some speed and races and I'm not injured... this has never happend before!

TR - OMG, she is usually a pretty good well behaved girl, but last night was horrible.  I think she must have been plain ole exhausted, but the entire evening was a giant tantrum.  We tried to put her to bed early but she was tantruming and so upset by anything that she ended up falling asleep around the normal time, I sure hope she sleeps in this morning.

BR - she was tired too but wasn't nearly as cranky as her sister.  Blew through two sets of clothes at the dayhome yesterday and came home in the dayhome lady's sons clothes.  I think she's saying a few words, mama, dada and milk, all the important things Smile

FR - cashew chicken stir fry, prepped all the vegi's and sauce last night, so it'll be easy to throw together tonight.

NRR - must fold and put away laundry tonight... it's so hard to have the modivation to do anything in the evenings except get the kids to bed and have a glass of wine.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - eeeeewwww on the spit!  My kids had chili at the dayhome for lunch and dayhome lady was guessing that was the cause of the blowouts Smile

zorbs - our TM is in miles but is ancient and has no owners manual so there's no changing it.  I'm assuming your garmin is in km?  I will occasionally switch mine to miles if I am doing a speed workout in miles, and last time I ran 20 miles I switched it just to see 20 on the display.

r-eh - that's great that the yoga helped your knee so much!  I did a bit of yoga at home a couple weeks ago and it was amazing how I loosend up in just 20 minutes.  Need to do that more!

cx2 - that's great that she's made progress in the bath!!  Boo to the meetings!  We have all these meetings that are put on by our australia office, they offer them at two times, 6am or 6pm... blurg, neither time is very enticing.  We never know when to expect a fire drill.

ernie - I'm always amazed at how many clothes people run in also.  If I ever see someone in less clothes than me, then I know that I've over dressed!  Awesome on S knowing some of the alphabet!  M would always learn things from MIL at that age and I'd be shocked when all of a sudden she knew things.

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Nada last night.   Will try tonight.  My ear/face is hurting.  I think I have a sinus infection Sad

TR:  So independent.  Doesn't want me to help him in the mornings.  Takes so much longer.

NRR:  DH is trying to convince me to do a weekend away in December, right after Christmas.  I got so sick last year at Christmas I am scared to go anywhere.

FR:  Rotisserie chicken and green beans.

beckykay

Ca:  That is my routine.  Get Chase to bed after dinner and pour a glass Wink

Ernie:  Wow, go S!  I get asked that question all.the.time.  Why are people so noisy?

Cx2:  Glad bath time is getting at least 50% easier.

Eh!:  LOL on the rambunctious boys.  C tells me every day who gets time out.  He must be in a class with rambunctious boys as well.

Zorbs:  Ack on the tp situation.  I always steal some from work if I am too lazy to go to the store.

RG:  Hahahahaha, C has not learned that one yet.  I wish someone in my house liked chili besides me.  Weirdos.

armmama

RR - 5 miles this morning.  It's 25˚ out, getting cold!  I told DH this was going to be an expensive year because I need to buy some cold weather running gear, as well as non-running gear.  I ran in the dark and saw 2 people walking and when I got near them they crossed the street over to me and it freaked me out.  They were just asking where a certain school was, but it was odd to be asked for directions at 6am.

BR - woke up from his nap yesterday with diarrhea and a fever.  Gave him a bath and some ibuprofen and he acted like he was cured, but I think I'm going to stay home and let him sleep as much as possible today.

KR - DD1 also has a sore/dry throat and DD2 has a cold.  These kids need to stop getting sick!

FR - turkey taco soup although DH won't be home.  I'll probably make it anyway and then we can have leftovers tomorrow.  Made  homemade tomato soup yesterday, it was so good!  It's great soup weather.

NRR - last weekend up at my parent's house was really nice.  It was fun to be there at a different time of year than summer, it's so quiet there now without the tourists and boaters!  DH and I ran, went out for coffee, did a little shopping and for dinner went to a wine bar and then another bar to watch a band play.  We stuck my parents with the kids pretty much the whole time but I don't feel too bad doing that when we're only there a couple of days.  Smile

rg - ha, that is pretty funny about the spitting thing!  I hope you get to stay home this weekend, that sounds nice!

zorbs - I was going running last weekend when it was lightly sprinkling and DH wanted to come with me but kept whining about the rain.  It was so annoying!  Sounds like you need to go to the store!  I feel like I am constantly buying toilet paper.

eh - glad your knee is feeling good!  We've had a couple years where DD1 was getting in trouble at school all the time, but I really think it was more the teacher's perception than DD acting any different.

cx2 - L loves the word "no" too.  It's cute and frustrating at the same time!  Glad bathtime is improving!

ernie - haha, whenever I see people wearing long sleeves and pants while running in 50-60˚ weather I just figure they aren't runners.  I did have one woman stop once and tell me I was smart to be wearing a t-shirt because she was too hot.

CA - so great that marathon training is going so well!  I started to get some aches and pains when I got up to 15 miles and I wasn't sure I would make it through the whole plan but I kept running and the pains went away.  I hope M wakes up in a better mood!

BermyHorse

RR: wicked tempo yesterday 8m in total. 2m w/u then 2m at 7.19, 2 mins active recovery, 2m at 7.13. 2m w/d. I have no sitter right now so I ran the w/u and c/d with DS in stroller and put him in the Y play for the tempo which was on a tm at 1% incline. Phew. I am sore this morning. Today is easy recovery job so maybe 4-6 depending on how my legs cooperate.

NRR: 2 playdates today! 1 with a fb supermom's old roommate and the second is the redo of the friend who came over last week and DS screamed the whole time. First is at a playground this morning and second at a very busy pumpkin patch. Then hoping to go to pretzel yoga late to night and put DS in y play again.

TR: is teething - everything is in is mouth and he groans in agony.

FR: Jillian Michaels, turn the page and cook from her cookbook - chicken (with a dressing - rosemary, garlic almonds), peas and quinoa.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

strollermama

RR:  Hoping for some miles this morning, maybe the gym, and then  also running a 5k at the local running club tonight.

TR:  Sleeps in till right before we need to leave everyday I have to go to work, but today on a day I don't have to work, he woke up at 5am.  He is being a whiny boy this morning and keeps saying, "no, no, no".  I think I will take him to daycare soon so his regular schedule isn't too thrown off.

NRR:  Day off from work today because the doc is out, and the PA who just had the miscarriage wanted a quiet office today.  My heart breaks for her.  Having some Army friends over for breakfast this morning that are moving here from Georgia.  They are here to look for housing.  Hopefully they decide to live close by so I have some more friends close.

DHR:  4 days!!!!!!!!

RG - What kind of mileage are you going right now?  Have you decreased it at all with TTC or just decreased intensity?  I am still sitting around the 20 mpw mark and feel like I need to get out of my rut.  Ew on the spitting.  Silly little boys.  I hope you can convince DH to stay home.

zorbs - The Piles?  Too funny about the signs.

eh - That is great about the yoga!  I should really do that more.

cx2 - I feel you on the no!!

ernie - I am so sorry you have been getting asked that lately.  That is tough.  Are you doing any of the charting stuff?

CA - I get nothing done on weeknights!  My house is a mess until the weekend haha.

arm - That sounds like such a restful, enjoyable weekend.  So funny about great the little things are sometimes without kids.  Don't get me wrong, I love H, but going to the store without him is heavenly.

becky  - Oh no on the sinus stuff!!  I wish I could look in your ear for you!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

runnergirl9508

RR2: 6.6 miles total today- ran a 5K btw first two PT clients, then the next client text me and said her car wouldn't start so I ran another 3.5 miles. Rainy and cool out.

zorbs: dare I ask, what are the piles? cool about DH changing the TM display. lol on the gates to the bathroom.

reh: glad the knee is feeling better today! good luck with the grocery shopping today- do you go solo or take any/all of the kids with you? I almost always take R, but it's such a treat to go alone- I can browse a bit. yikes, I hope things settle down with DS's classroom. Pretty sure we are staying home this weekend Smile

Cx2- glad that C is making bathtime progress! I don't mind traveling, I just don't feel like going anywhere this weekend. DH worked all day last Saturday, and we ran around doing errands on Sunday, so I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend at home.

Ernie- cold and rainy here too! Yeah, I'm amazed at how much clothing some people wear to run! I saw a lady the other day with running tights, a heavy jacket, mittens and fleece hat. When I passed her a little while later- she had her coat tied around her waist and was carrying her hat and gloves. R knows most of his alphabet, but instead of saying the letter name, he says the sound- so "B" is bbbb, instead of "bee" And yes, STFU to anyone who asks about another baby. Yes, DH's parents definitely won't be coming!

CA- you had a fantastic tempo run yesterday- solid paces. I can't wait to see how huge your marathon PR is going ot be! Ugh on the tantrum night, hope today is better! lol I hear ya on the motivation to do stuff- I find that I have to get it all done before R goes to bed bc all I want to do after that is sit down and put my feet up (finally).

becky- booooo on the sinus infection- I hope you're better soon! the independence is good and bad I guess. hmm a weekend away sounds fun- can it be somewhere warm and tropical?

arm- brrrr that's chilly!!! yikes, that's scary- I hate when people try to stop me to ask me anything when i'm running. I usually just pretend I don't hear them and run faster. i'm a jerk I guess. I hope that L is feeling better today! aww, your poor kiddos! mmm, I love soup weather! sounds like an awesome time visisting your parents!

Bermy- wow, nice tempo run!!!! you're getting so speedy. when's your next race? have fun with the playdates today. I hope D's teeth pop thru soon, poor lil man!

stroller- hope you can get both of your runs in today. ha, R always seems to sleep later during the week, then is up early on the weekends. silly boys. Enjoy your day off today! 4 days- yippee! I'm running 40-45mpw right now, mileage has stayed the same i'm just not running any hard tempo runs or doing speedwork. when I got pg with R I was running about the same mileage, base building for another marathon.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

cx2 - I think DS's favourite word is NO too, and he is 5....Hope you got your demo done before the fire drill!

ernie - S is a real smarty-pants!  That is great!  I know what you mean about the clothing.  I was wearing leggings, long sleeves and gloves this morning, but for the first mile or two I wished I had a few more layers (or maybe I wished I was still tucked into bed!).  Sorry about the questioning people.  That topic is not discussed in the community I grew up in, so I was shocked at how people who hardly knew me at all would ask me questions like that!  Mind your own business, people!  Yum on the cabbage!!

CA - YAY!!!!! Glad this training cycle is going so well for you!  I am so impressed by your dedication and hard work - I actually often think of you when I want to stop a run or a race - you are my inspiration!! (kind of gushy, ,sorry - but it's true!!)  Hope M and O are in better spirits today/tonight!  I find I pretty much lose motivation after lunch, but I do very little in the evening too!

becky - where does DH want to go?  Somewhere warm?  That independent stage is frustrating and fun - I hate that DS is now telling me that he can't do stuff when 2 years ago I couldn't help him do that same task.

arm - You weekend sounds so nice and relaxing!  Weird about the people asking directions!  I wonder what was going on at that schools early in the morning!  Hope everyone feels better at your house soon!

bermy - nice run this morning!!  it reminds me of what I have on tap for tomorrow - mine is not quite so fast though!  Let us know how the playdates go!!

stroller - enjoy your day off!  That is so sad for the PA - I can see that she wants a quiet day.  Yay for 4 more days!!  UGH on the early wake up call.

rg - nice runs!!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - boo to the sinus pain!  I hope you get your run in tonight.  A weekend away sounds nice!

arm - oh no on DS's sudden sickness, I hope he's better today!  Mmmm soup!  Sounds like a really nice weekend away, especially with all the babysitting Smile

bermy - awesome tempo yesterday!  And how resourceful to do the wu/cd w the stroller and the tempo on the TM.  Hope the playdates go well and DS cooperates for your adult time!!

stroller - A day off sounds nice! That's nice that your coworker could have a day off after her miscarriage Sad  YAY for dh coming!!

RG - nice distance today!!  Soooo can I ask you what time goal you'd go for in my shoes?  SeaWheeze is my last road race and was 1:47 for a half, McMillian would predict 3:46 from that.  I'm torn between pacing for a 3:50 and 3:55.  The first 20 miles are mostly flat or downhill, with hills from 20-23, so I know my pace will slow from 20-23 and may not recover, I think I'll just focus on an even effort after 20, but don't know what I should aim for before 20.  I'm probably overthinking all this....