Womens Running

Tis the season Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 20 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 4 miles

TR - went to pick him up from daycare to find him passed out on the floor, daycare lady said he'd been out for 15 min, but he didn't nap again in the day.  It was good in a way because I didn't have to wake him up to take him to music class = one less tantrum.  Got him out the door by promising him a trip to the train store if he didn't scream and he was good right until the teacher called them into class, so no go.

FR - chicken pie, kale slaw

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

zorbs- lol on B passed out on the floor. Have a good run today!

RR: not sure of the distance today. My 6am client cancelled (at 5:35! Wtf). I have my next at 7, and would have run before her, but I had just finished breakfast and DH is super-paranoid about me running alone in the dark. I'll fit something in between mmy next two clients and/or with R later.

TR: all about daddy in the mornings. It's cute.

NRR: need to order secret Santa gift today.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

Morning.  Back to work, back to posting.

RR:  SRD.  I promised DH that I would come straight home after work as today is his first day with the boys.

BR:  Had a hard time getting him down last night.  Slept okay.  I miss him terribly already (and so do my boobs!)

TR:  I wonder how many times he will ask DH or Grandma where I am today.  Didn't want hugs or kisses before bed which made me pretty sad.

NRR:  Back to work today.  My sub isn't here yet (7:18).  I thought she would be...we are supposed to over lap for 2 days so I can get a feel for how she is handling things.  Her stuff is still on my desk so I am thinking she is coming ing.

FR:  Nothing exciting.

zorbs - Bummer about the crying before class.  I hated it when J did that.

rg - DH was super nervous about me running in the winter when I was pregnant with J.  I did a lot of TM running.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - something at lunch, I have clothes to go out, so as long as it's not too cold or blizzarding I'll go out, I also brought shorts so I can bail to the TM if it's yucky out there.  Legs are a good kind of sore from my ST"ing yesterday.

TR - need to get our elf out and start getting Christmas stuff going.  I bought one of those inflatable lit up lawn decorations, it's a penguin, she loves it, we also wrapped one string of lights around the base of our tree on the front lawn, pretty sad decorating but M thinks it's awesome.

BR - playing with the remote control last night figured out that the big red button at the top turned it on and off.

NRR - I'm tired!  Glad to have some time off in a couple weeks, just 8 days of work left!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

ER - ST and core

TR - Had a ball playing in the snow yesterday, despite two major tumbles. She was running up and down a ramp at the community centre and tripped and fell flat on her face, then later, she was on a ride-on car, got it stuck in the snow and somersaulted over the front. No injuries, though, probably thanks to her uber-puffy snow suit Smile

FR - Beef and cheese stuffed shells, broccoli

NRR - I have acupuncture this morning, so hopefully I will have time to do some quick stocking stuffer shopping afterwards. And I may have to return one of DH's presents. I got him a black lulu hoodie but last night his work gave out black hoodies with his company logo to everyone. How many black hoodies does a man really need? Maybe I'll just hope the answer is two so that I don't have to go to the mall Wink

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - that's the only time M naps now, is if she randomly passes out somewhere.  Bummer that he didn't get to go to the train store.

RG - that sucks about the last minute cancelation - I hope you charge her!  I love seeing all the secret santa gifts posted on FB!

mer - I'm glad to see you back on RA, but Sad to being back at work already.  Hope you have a good first day back though, and have a great evening with your boys.

ernie - yikes on the tumbles!  Good thing these kids are bouncy.  Maybe you can exchange the black lulu hoodie for something that fits you Smile

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - don't you usually run alone in the dark? B is quite anti-daddy at the moment, which is extremely annoying if he is still awake when I come home from piano really tired.

mer - the worst part about B pitching a fit before music class is that some of the other parents know I work there and they are probably thinking, "she's a teacher and can't control her own kid."

CA - DH doesn't let B watch ipad in his room, but I do so I can have a nap without worrying that he'll burn down the house.

ernie - DH pretty much wears the same thing every day (jeans, black tshirt, fleece, doc martens/work boots) and I've bought him fleece jackets for like the past 5 years for Christmas and he still doesn't have enough and worse, still wears the fleeces that he bought 10+ years ago.  Oh, and I bought him a hoodie from a lulu warehouse sale and he doesn't wear it because it is "too warm".

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runninmer

That is EXACTLY why I don't want my boys going to school in the district I teach in!

mer - the worst part about B pitching a fit before music class is that some of the other parents know I work there and they are probably thinking, "she's a teacher and can't control her own kid."

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.4 miles last night- 12*. R stayed toasty warm in the chariot- I put down the weather shield, warmed up his blanket in the dryer and put a hot water bottle in with him before we left. I was still chilled 2 hours later and had to curl up under a wool blanket with the hot water bottle for a long time.

TR: being pretty defiant lately. Peed his pants in timeout out of protest at daycare yesterday. I think we are officially in the terrible twos.

FR: Taco soup last night (fart candle and gas-x have been deployed). Turkey breast roast tonight. Don't know if I'll do roasted potatoes/veg or mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.

NRR- Bossman's oldest kid stopped in this morning to see if I could help him with his algebra. I drew a total blank, which made me sad because I went to state for Math Team in high school and earned my letter that way.

NRR2- DH made a bunch of OT, so I'm going to buy a new outfit for the banquet, but not sure what kind of look I'm going to go for. I saw some really cute stuff on H&M's website and might even do a dress. Do you guys have certain stores you like to shop at for special occasion/going out attire?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR3- Mailing my secret santa gift this year. I think its cute and hope that she likes it!

zorbs- Its different when its your own kid. R will defy me and push my buttons in a way he would never do with DH or his godmother. He does it with his daycare lady- we must be equally maternal in his eyes.

RG- do you charge your clients for last minute cancellations? I know massage therapists and counselors do that, maybe it would deter clients from doing that as well. That way they let you know the night before at least.

Mer- have a good first day back. At least you only have to work a couple weeks before winter break! I went back half days for the first two weeks (which I know is not an option for you) and it was nice to get me back in the groove and adjust my schedule. When R stays overnight with his godmother she tells him I'm at work, and he is very accepting of that and knows I'll be coming back.

CA- R is terrified of inflatable lawn decorations. He's still talking about being scared of a big black cat one he had to walk under on Halloween. The amount of clothes I have to wear for running in 12*F/-15C is ridiculous! I tend to dress on the lighter side too! I have a set of Columbia Omni Heat base layers and they are awesome- very thin with silver reflective dots inside that reflect your body heat back.

Ernie- I've never had acupuncture. Are you going for TTC?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I've been getting into the tub after my super cold runs, I feel like a giant ice cube in the tub of hot water, but it helps me warm up.  I bought my Christmas dress at Nordstrom Rack in Seattle for $40... I really like the dresses at banana republic usually or Jacob (though I think it's not in the US...). H&M looks good on the mannequins or online but I don't like their stuff when I try it on.  Yes, it is insane how many clothes you need for this weather!  I have a merino wool base layer I bought at costco that's awesome!  Plus it was dirt cheap.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I bought some H&M items this summer and they actually fit me pretty good. Same with Forever 21. I think its because I have no ass. I'm pretty much stuck with buying clothes online unless I find something in Wenatchee this weekend- nearest Rack store is Spokane (2 hrs away). My thighs and butt are the thing that gets cold when I run. I might try layering a running skirt over my 2 layers of tights to see if it helps. I have wind pants but I hate the zhoosh zhoosh noise they make on every stride.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I have no ass either Smile  Sucks that you have to shop on line for clothes, I'd have a hard time with that, as nothing ever fits like I think it will.  I sometimes layer a pair of compression shorts under my tights to keep my ass warm on cold days.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

superspike113

Honorary Old