Womens Running

Wicked Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wicked because I had to get up to go to work.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday I did my 50 minute cardio dvd with 15 minutes of that running and will probably do a similar workout today. I’m back to work so I can save 2 of my vacation days for later or insanity…whichever comes first. 

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Good morning all!

I got to work early today since DH's car is still in the shop so we are carpooling, and he had to get into his office early for a meeting. He wanted to then leave early to do a group ride, which meant I'd have to take the bus home, which meant another 20 minutes or so of commute time plus a mile walk from the bus stop to my house. After working for an hour and a half and still being the only one in the office, I came up with the brilliant idea of just leaving a little earlier today to catch a ride home with DH. It took an entire cup of coffee for that thought. Sigh. So not a morning person. I should probably double check the work I've done so far today.....

Judy, good to see you back and starting the dailies. And yay for leftover vacation days.

Lisa, hope your travels are going well. I rarely complain about going to Chicago for business (assuming I'm going downtown) because it's hard to beat that lakefront run.

Tessa, you have not lost that much fitness! You are just out of "running fast" practice. It will come back quickly. Glad the knee is getting better.

DH had his annual review yesterday at work as well. He is apparently pretty awesome as well. He learned that our most likely official move to Texas will be May of 2015. And there is no "not accepting" the move. If you don't show up in Texas, they assume you have resigned. So now I'm looking at marathons in states out this way between the end of September (I really want to train right and focus for the Erie Marathon Septembre 14) and next May. Delaware looks tough - there is one the same day as the Baltimore Marathon (which I got the free entry to) and there is one in December that is expensive (already $100 registration now, and just going up as it gets closer), and then nothing until next May.

Camille, I'm now thinking definitely Chickamauga this coming November. It would be about a 9 hour drive from here, and a 12+ hour drive from Houston. Will you be back in Georgia by then (assuming you're going up to Alaska)?

So states I want to run (probably not all, will probably save Maine and fly back for a vacation there during a hot Texas summer): Delaware, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, Georgia and South Carolina. Anyone have any suggestions? Marjorie, doesn't Charleston have a marathon now? Do you know anything about it?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  It was still 92F and 73 dewpoint at 6pm so my 11 were really draining but I did them.  SRD today so a bike ride with hubby tonight.

Judy, nice workouts.  Hope vacation comes before insanity.

Karen, congrats on the review!

Have a great day, ladies.  Off to Court.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen yes a Charleston has a marathon. The course is different than when I did it in 2011. Small race. Essentially flat as we don't have hills.  It is a Saturday and is Martin Luther King weekend in January. You can stay here. I will cheer you on. You would place here easily I think.

Columbia has one as does the Greenviille Spartanburg area both have hills. Can't remember when they are. And Myrtle has theirs in Feb.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Sounds perfect! I didn't realize it was on a three-day weekend, that makes it even better. Pencil me in!!!

Karen yes a Charleston has a marathon. The course is different than when I did it in 2011. Small race. Essentially flat as we don't have hills.  It is a Saturday and is Martin Luther King weekend in January. You can stay here. I will cheer you on. You would place here easily I think.

Columbia has one as does the Greenviille Spartanburg area both have hills. Can't remember when they are. And Myrtle has theirs in Feb.

Hi ladies.  Quick check-in as I'm working from home, sick today.   Had a crisis erupt for clients in Europe this week, which meant 6:00 am conference calls and emails all week.  I think my immune system finally said "no more".  Haven't run since Sunday.  I'm still waiting for the official offer letter from the other place, but those things take time at big firms.  And there will still be crises there, so that probably won't change.  But they'll be different crises so somehow that makes it better (?).

Hi Judy.  Welcome back from vacation.  Unfortunately work always awaits, doesn't it.

Karen, that's good to get final word on your DH's job front.  At least know you know what the future holds (and can plan your races accordingly).  How does that affect your work situation?

Damaris, good luck in court.  Ugh on the heat....

Marjorie, some ladies over in the LLR forum were talking about getting together for a meet up at the Charleston Marathon.  If I it happens in 2015, I'll be sure to find you (and Karen if she's there).

Waves to everyone else.  Off to check in at work...

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby that is great!  Hope you all come.

Karen you got it. It us a point to point course. Small expo etc. I liked it. Some of the course when I did it was so boring just straight and industrial. But some has changed since then. You are so quick you'll get through that pretty quickly.

Ran 10.2 this am. Some race paced miles in there.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen another bonus Southwest is a direct flight from BWI to here. USAir direct from Reagan so you have a few flight options.

Gatsby we have two guest rooms one is a double bed one is a day bed so you are welcome to stay here too

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, glad you figured out a way to get home. So you need to focus on the Northeast and Atlantic states this fall/winter? Not sure what to suggest. A quick peek at marathonguide.com seems to indicate that you can double Connecticut and Rhode Island the weekend of October 11-12, doing Hartford on the 11th and Newport on the 12th. Hmm. I wonder...

that's Columbus Day weekend, isn't it? Not a big holiday in this part of the country.

Gatsbybird, feel better.

Marjorie, sensible to replace the water heater before it dies. Nothing like standing there in your birthday suit in the bathroom waiting for the water to heat up and realising miserably that it is getting colder rather than hotter.

Lisa, busy week ahead, it sounds like.

Judy, good to see you back!

3.6 this morning. I ran to the post office and back. I suspect we will be getting mail for DH for years to come. Is it bad that I opened the solicitation letter from the March of Dimes, kept the dime and recycled the letter?

Anonymous Guest

Gatsby, run Charlotte!! I am probably 95% certain I'm going to do it. The move will most likely mean I have to quit my job, which sucks, because after years and years of different jobs and companies, I finally feel like I'm somewhere I can have a career as opposed to just another job. Then again, I don't plan on working once we move, so that could be pretty fun.

Karen, glad you figured out a way to get home. So you need to focus on the Northeast and Atlantic states this fall/winter? Not sure what to suggest. A quick peek at marathonguide.com seems to indicate that you can double Connecticut and Rhode Island the weekend of October 11-12, doing Hartford on the 11th and Newport on the 12th. Hmm. I wonder...

that's Columbus Day weekend, isn't it? Not a big holiday in this part of the country.

I totally didn't realize that was Columbus Day weekend! Even though I said no more doubles, I have been looking pretty closely at the Hartford/Newport weekend. It's Columbus Day weekend!!!! And guess who gets Columbus Day off from work? This girl! Now looking at a map, and it looks like Boston might be a good airport to fly in/out of. Southwest flies there cheap. Come out and do the double with me!!!!! Hey, if I do this, then run Baltimore the following Saturday, I think I'd get another Maniac star (doesn't 3 in 3 states in 9 days get you a fifth star).

Dang, who knew just giving me a month and a year on a calendar would motivate me to start signing up for marathons. This was going to be a "down" year, quantity wise.

Oh crap, I'm leaving in an hour and I've wasted almost all day looking at marathons.

Arimathea

Tessa

I just might come do that double in October with you. I don't have either state. And I'm still sorry I couldn't make it to Hoover Dam. Dam it. *yes, bad pun*

How many stars do you have? I know I got 5 star status for doing 5 in 15 days -- Sunday, Saturday, Sunday, Saturday, Sunday.I may never exceed that.

6.8 on the TM at lunch, getting mileage back up.

camille2

Tessa, 5 stars?  I think I knew that, but reading it again makes me remember how awesome you are.  Wow!

Karen, I saw your note on Facebook and cked in here to tell you I expect to be here for Chickamauga. As you know, I love the course with the big trees and monuments and the weather is usu  great then.   I should ask a friend who did it last year how it rates compared to others she's done. It's a two loop course and I know she was momentarily confused.  I'm a bit too far away to stay the night before, but it's easy to come here post race and if I'm here (and I fully expect to be), you'd be welcome to stay after the race. Just remember my brother's comment on seeing my cabin:  "It's not too bad."  It suits me though.  BTW, Chickamauga sells out in summer.  There's a big space downstairs if others want to come with sleeping bags/air mattresses.  I  have one bed down there plus an extra twin in the loft/sewing room.

Marjorie, I head to Alaska the day after Memorial Day, but I'm going on my first cruise in early May.

Hi to everyone else!

I got miles in Mon and today, but not yesterday so I'll have to try for Friday. Yesterday was a crazy day. My mom now has a monitor on to try to catch her irregular rhythms. Gutters were cleaned today and two contractors came and gave wildly different estimates and possible solutions to solve a problem. I'll share more on that later.   I gotta pack to go to DD's late tomorrow.. after the plumber comes again and the heating/ac guy adds a duct to a closet and I drive down to my mom's for another appt tomorrow.

Lisa, I'm with you.  Next time I want to buy a house from someone like Marjorie! Never a fixer upper again.  : )  BTW, see invite to Karen esp with your SIL not too far away. Any recruiting needed at Ga Tech?

Anonymous Guest

I have four (from the IL/Flying Pig double a couple years ago). Always said that was plenty. But I just checked and yes, 3 in 3 different states in 10 days would get me 5. And I always forget to look, but just did and both races have Maniac discounts. One is only $5 off, the other is 20% though, pretty good.

Camille, just need to convince myself I can do three in October and then another in November. That's definitely the one I want to run for GA though.

Got my errands done (well, still doing laundry), put dinner in the oven, and got my 7 miles in while it cooked. I am feeling quite accomplished. Just need to get the dog to the kennel tomorrow after work and pack, and we're ready to go Friday morning.