Womens Running

Travelin' Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

Not to the Northeast ... or much of anywhere else.

I'm not traveling this week.. college fair time starts but will be at Mich State this week. NY next week.

Karen-you picked a good time to go south.  Only thing.  I got a bit of the creeps when you described the park.  Be careful.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Carol, the old men are awful around here. It's to the point we have to be very careful. They know no boundaries.

Monday I hit the TM for a 50 minute run. I started raising the speed a little also. After that I did 25 minutes of cardio DVD.

Today I hope to do the same pattern. How much will depend on how happy the heel is.

A funny thing happened last evening. I had settled down in my chair with a fuzzy blanket and fuzzy socks to review some of the Qi Gong and T'ai Chi DVDs I had checked out from my library. I started practicing some of the hand moves while watching. Well, along about the 3rd one I got so relaxed I could hardly get myself out of the chair to go to bed. Talk about stress removal!

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

The snow predicted for us  (few N Ga counties) didn't happen. Most rain was gone before temp dropped, but yesterday was still ugly with gusty wind and cold rain. WithFairbanks about -40 and Boston with blizzards, I still felt lucky!

yesterday would have been a SDO, but I have to weigh in this week. That problematic sweet tooth caught up with me and I'm trying to drop 1.5 lbs by Thursday, so set the timer and ran in place/stairs 14 min every hr x 5.

Karen, I'm with Lisa on the deserted park.  Be careful. You sure had great timing for your trip!

Tessa and Marjorie, my utility companies charge fees for credit cards and one of them adds 5 to pay by phone, though no charge if you take a check in and their paid employee takes it.  My mom reimburses me in checks though, so I've made more trips to bank this winter than I have in years.

Judy, that DVD sounds relaxing!

Have a great day!

ginnyb

5 mile walk/run this morning.  Felt pretty good.  Not working today.  Don't think I will even leave the house, I have plenty to do here!

Morning Camille and Judy.....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

HI!  Busy weekend--Saturday 30 mile ride + 2 mile run, Sunday 10 mile run.

Sunday eve thought I was coming down with BF's cold.  Decided to stay home yesterday.  Soaked in the tub, put on my jammies and felt pretty good.  Had a great sew day!  Feel ok today, but decided to skip the run this morning, but may go when I get home from work.

Tessa--we can put our outgoing mail at the front desk at the office.  Too many people walk up and down my street during the day--I don't leave it out there either.

Be safe!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

3.1.  Intervals today.  my body is adapting.  Wonderful thing that our bodies can adapt to the stresses we put on it.  I'm being very careful and not pushing too hard as I don't want to get injured.

Camille I never get how companies start charging convenience fees.  Most of the time it actually saves them money as it takes less time and effort and almost nothing to have it all done electronically versus someone having to open the mail, process the check, deposit said check, not make any mistakes on entry and over and over.  But it is now what we live in that they will tack on fees.  SC when I renew my PT license I have to do it online.  And you have to pay by credit card.  And even though the fee is xxxx because you have to use the credit card they tack on the fee for using the credit card.  Insane.

Colder here today after all the wind yesterday.  So back to capris and long sleeve tech.  But I didn't need gloves and I wasn't cold.  Intervals sure can warm one up pretty fast.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, hilly workout this morning: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/621686956 Ignore the .5 at the beginning and the end, I deliberately started and finished the route at a major intersection rather than at my house.

I did two repeats. RN did three. Hope you can find hilly places to run even if you wind up doing the TM! Can you find stairs in a building? Going down them is a good way to work your quads as you would if you were going downhill.

Glad you are not in the Northeast this week.

Karen, nice time to go south! I agree with Lisa, be careful if the park is sketchy.

Judy, Tai Chi as a sleep aid? Works for me.

Camille, good luck with the WI. I have to take a few pounds off too.

Ginny, 5 walk/run is good! Stay cocooned and enjoy the time at home.

Susan, good thought, I will sometimes put it in the outgoing mail at work since it is in custody until it is picked up by the post office.

Marjorie, I believe the credit card companies charge merchants anywhere from 2% to 7% which is another way they make their money. One of the reasons I try to use my credit union credit cards rather than something from one of the big banks -- they make plenty already! So for a really cash strapped entity they will charge a fee for using the card even when there is no option. Like having to sign up for a race through Active.com and having their fees added.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies. Been in court all day so I have not been able to check in. I have 5-6 miles tonight and weights.

Will check back later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

And... now I'm worrying because we haven't heard from Karen!

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Funny - I got back a few minutes early from our afternoon break and thought I'd check in here. Just busy with this meeting, and I'm in the front row so everyone behind me can see my computer screen if I try to goof off during.

Thanks for the concerns, but by empty, I mean the park was not full of large groups of people standing and slowly walking on the sidewalks like they do along the beach. There were bikes, roller blades, walkers, a couple other runners, etc. And a park ranger, who told me it was a safe place to run!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

LIsa - Anyl stadium bleachers around you?  We did that once a week...

Judy - That is great you were so relaxed you couldn't get out of the chair!

Camille - those dang few pounds & sweets!!!

Ginny - I feel like you have done really good this winter with your running and working out!

Crazysue - I admire you for listening to your body and staying home and taking care of yourself!  (read further and you will see why LOL)

Marjorie - Nice job on the intervals

Tessa - Nice hill work outs!

Damarias - Hello!!

Karen - glad you checked in, the mother hens were worried!

So, after the Snowman Half sunday - couldn't figure out why I couldn't get warm, and leg cramps....well later that day I found out why...UGH, big old flu...my new "helper" at worked text me wondering if I was coming in....duh, I had 2 patients to pre op she kknew that....I got there and planned on leaving at noon....SHE tells me she is sick and going home and she did promptly....and wouldn't be in until Wednesday...WTH!  This is the part, Sue, where I say "good for you for staying home"....where I should have been.  I am off tomorrow though....Rant over....

Carol