Womens Running

Snowy Monday Again (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

She's baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Post 'em.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

The trip to Savannah was great. My log since last I posted:

Sunday I ran 35 minutes

Monday I did 45 minutes.

Tuesday and Wednesday were all day walking with some steep hills and quick dashing thrown in.

Thursday I ran 45 minutes

Friday was a 50 minute run.

All the runs were on motel TMs.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday was 35 minutes of cardio DVD.

Today will be a TM run I think. Perhaps a mix of run/cardio DVD

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!  3 TM miles for me, followed by push ups and squats.

Managed to run outside this weekend - 3 on Friday, 5.25 Saturday and 4 Sunday.  Still have a cough, so taking it easy again this week.  Day 144 of running streak

Judy - welcome back!  Glad you had a good time and great workouts!

Judy- welcome back! I hope the vacation was pleasant too!

tessa-Mafetone is the doctor/authors name. I Haven't read the book for endurance athletes but centers around training at correct heart rate and diet that is stress protein/fat over carbs. Diet seems to be about reducing inflammation and burning fat vs carbs.  Was funny when we went over my habits. Need to add more sleep and good fats.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, welcome back! Glad you enjoyed Savannah.

Laura, a 144 day streak is impressive. Especially in Michigan!

Lisa, how many of us don't need to add sleep? Easier said than done. I think stressing protein and good fats over empty carbs is a good thing, but I'm not one of the "all carbs are evil" people.

Marjorie and I are about to head out for a run.

http://www.philmaffetone.com/what-is-the-maffetone-method

Mainly common sense stuff but I would like to be able to move away from the carb burning that I know I need to do currently.  I don't think he's an all carbs are bad person either.  I know run buddy went through the 2 weeks where you eliminate all foods that are likely triggers for inflammation and then one by one add them back.  She came away with realization of what white potatoes trigger in her and wheat.  I'm not a fad diet person in the least but am open to hearing and reading.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.8 with Tessa.

Lisa I know Damaris uses heart rate not sure if this.

Hope you enjoyed Savannah Judy

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

I made it into NYCM! I got the confirmation email this morning. Crossing my fingers that Lisa, Ginny, Damaris and anyone else that is signing up gets in as well.

I'm off work today, but spent a couple hours this morning catching up on stuff. I plan to run this afternoon, then my Pilates instructor texted me and said she had an opening in her 6:00 apparatus class and did I want it, and since I haven't been for two weeks because of the flu, I said yes. Then I realized that her Monday night class is her "Level 3" class, and I am definitely not level 3, more of a 1/2. She said they were taking it easy tonight so I should be able to keep up. Plus apparatus classes are limited to 4 and my instructor is pretty good about modifying things for each individual. I may be sore tomorrow.

Judy, welcome back! I've never been to Savannah but I've heard it's pretty awesome. Lots of running - did the PF behave itself?

Laura, wow, your streak is really getting long - that's cool.

Lisa, interesting. I've never read anything about it. I think maybe Damaris uses it?

Tessa and Marjorie, nice run. Tessa, are you headed home today? Sounds like you packed a lot of good stuff into the weekend.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, thanks for the link. I think one does need to burn carbs since the body uses glycogen first -- but certainly avoiding foods that you know don't make you feel good is sensible. Good luck with NYCM lottery! When do you hear?

Karen, congratulations on getting in. At the risk of being rude, when you say you are Pilates level 1/2, do you mean you are between levels 1 and 2, or are you like me and level 0.5? (kidding!!)

Yes, headed home today. 5.8, as Marjorie said. Working tomorrow, then SF Wednesday-Thursday (business), then home Friday and that will be fun tackling Mt. Washmore. Marjorie and her DH are wonderful hosts and it has been a lovely weekend. I hope they can make it out to California sometime!

And Charleston was apparently about 0.4 long, someone took a wrong turn between mile 1 and 2 and everyone else followed the leader so it was 13.5 for the half and 26.6 for the full. Now I feel even better about my time. And the 4:45 pacers were further ahead of schedule than we thought.

These were the nice runnable sections.  Not the parts where I splashed myself in the face with each step. BTW.. I have shorts on over tights, my butt is big but not that big.  LOL

Lisa

Sunny Monday again.  I keep checking the weather for rain but no luck so I'll be out watering the yard today.  I'm off of work today and did a nice 6.5 mile trail run this morning with DH.  The trail goes along bluffs overlooking the ocean and it's almost completely flat, which is unusual for trails around here.  Here's pic of the inland side of the trail -- fields of artichokes and pretty yellow weeds.

https://scontent-2.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10689529_754861934582105_3496160031477335848_n.jpg?oh=b5694ef747a18b4c3a78c26c66538c58&oe=552F7358

Judy, sounds like a nice trip.  Good workouts too.  You are so consistent.

LC, amazing streak!  If I do more than 4 days in a row, that's a long streak for me.

Lisa, I always like your pics of running in snow.  Wonder how I'd do at it...

Tessa, Marjorie -- sounds like a fun weekend for both of you.  Tessa are you going to be in SF on Wednesday and Thursday this week?  I work downtown and am always up for a mini FE.

Karen, hooray for NYCM!  I didn't enter the lottery, will be running Thunder Road in NC in November so that's good enough for me.

Cleaning the house now since my Dad is coming down for a visit this afternoon.  Waves to everyone!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, nice pictures! I also wonder about running in snow. Suspect I'd trip a lot.

Margaret, yes, not sure of schedule -- will PM you. FE would be fun!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa is gone sniff. My flight was delayed a bit so I haven't left yet. She should be in Nashville now.

We we had a great time. I hope my pups weren't too annoying!

Now I have to run by myself this week. After running with her 3 times I will have to talk to myself. Sniff again!  At least we run a similar pace so it worked. Or I hope so and Hope I didn't make her go too slow if she really wanted to go faster)

Marjorie

LC Runs

2 evening miles after work...so 5 total for today.

Hi Lisa -sounds interesting, I will have to check it out.  Beautiful pics

Tessa - how did yesterday go?  Looking forward to a RR.  Have fun running with Marjorie!

Marjorie - glad you are spending some fun time together!

Karen - Awesome!!  What a fun FE that would be if you all get in, will cross fingers for you all!

Gatsby - nice trail run!  So pretty.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Laura the race report from Tessa is posted. It is in the weekend thread

Marjorie