Womens Running

Time to Wake Up Thursday Supermoms (Read 330 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- I couldn't go to sleep last night- I was up until 11:30 which blows because I have to wake up at 5:45 for work. Took a melatonin which helped. I think its because I was sewing and didn't take any time to wind down before bed.

BR2- DH swooped in and played with and took care of R as soon as we got home- even got down on the floor and let R climb all over him. I went on a run and when I got back, R was just sitting on dad's lap chilling, watching Rescuers Down Under- he didn't make any attempt to get off his lap and come to me. Glad to see them bonding more.

runnergirl- I think the only way I could ever get motivated to ST is if I got a trainer or someone to go with me. This was my first full week of work in almost a month and it is draaaagging.

zorbs- R loves animal books. I always know when he's looking at a picture of a big cat because he does this hilarious roar/growl thing.

eh!- I like my brussel sprouts roasted. I also saw an episode of Good Eats where he shreds them up and makes a vinegar dressed coleslaw.

Jen- I'm forever doing chores. I unloaded the dishwasher while cooking my breakfast and on my lunch break I will load up the dishes and take out the garbage. I need to shop too, but will only buy minimal stuff since we are going on vacation. I really need to clean my fridge, its grody.

cx2- I don't know how it works in Canada, but daycare providers aren't required to issue tax receipts- we just have to list their SSN and the amount that we paid them. The IRS would be more likely to come after her if her stated income was incorrect than if we claimed too much. I defer money through a flex spending account so its taken from our income pre-tax and put in a savings account- we only end up having to pay $500-$1000 out of pocket during a year because we defer the maximum of $5000. From what I see at daycare, my provider actually doesn't play with the kids that much. They play with eachother and she referrees and does caretaking- feeding/toileting/cleaning/comforting/discipline.

ernie- love my smartwool socks. I have 2 pairs but I wish I had millions!  Your FR sounds delish.

bermy- have a good trip. I was thinking of you last night while sewing, can't wait to show you pics. I don't mind pushing the stroller, but it feels so liberating when I don't have to!

Mer- what would the extra responsibilities be that would keep you away from home? J is getting old enough that he could probably come play in your classroom after school if DH dropped him off with you. How far is your commute? +1 on Bermy. I've applied for millions of jobs that I was unsure about. I didn't think you were whining yesterday, you are entitled to your feelings. I know that sometimes I feel inadequate and question if I'm doing the best thing for my kid by working, but then I answer my own question after a long weekend- I most definitely am doing the right thing working because I don't have the patience to be a SAHM.

mzm- Yay for date night! R's godmother was supposed to take him overnight for the fire banquet, but she has houseguests so she will come babysit at our house, I guess that puts a cap on how many drinks I'll be having on Saturday.

jmmiller- DH and I are probably going to try again in about a year. Need to get my car paid off and see what our bills are like with the new house.

page 2...

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

armama- I have to go grocery shopping about ever 5 days- a lot of it is that R and DH eat craptons of fruit and it doesn't keep. Good luck putting away Xmas decor- I'm still finding little bits of fluff and glitter and stuff.

shelby- why did they test at your house? Weird?!  LOL at trying for a whole month- why is it always idiots who can get pregnant without trying? Have you seen Idiocracy? I fear for our future...

CA- I craved fat when I was BF Reid. Like mayo and avocado on everything.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

strollermama

spike - They actually tested the day before they got here, not at our house, thanks God!  And yes, I wonder the same thing.  I feel like some of the ladies on here, as well as one of my bffs, struggle with fertility when they are really ready to have a baby.  And then people who shouldn't be having children can pop out like 4.  Ay, ay, ay.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

strollermama

mer - Good luck with the desicion.  Would it help to make a pro and con list?  Feel free to share them with us if you need to vent or get feedback.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

beckykay

Morning ladies!  I've been staying away because 1) work is super busy and 2) stupid receptionist is driving me batty and all I do is complain about her all the time.  Yesterday I ran in the a.m. before work and got my frustrations out so it seems the mantra "Its ok, I ran today" works for me.  Honestly, I don't really want her to quit or fire her.....I just want her to stop being so stupid.  Doesn't help that DH is on an annoying streak right now too.  Nothing he does is right.  My husband is brilliant at work, just no common sense at home.  C is wonderful though. Into pirates and we play with our swords and boats every afternoon.  So sweet.  Marathon training seems to not be a complete bust.  My lungs are getting better and I was able to pick up the pace some yesterday so I am feeling better about this.  This weekend will be the real test.  How many miles can I get in without feeling like I want to die afterwards. Smile  ok, last minute trial prep needs to be done, but I'll be back this afternoon for personals!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Aaand I officially feel old. Just got added to the FB group for our 10 year class reunion.

runswithrocky

ER - not feeling it.  I'm just drained and felt terrible last time I exercised while tired.

NRR - Went to a friends house last night with Em while DH was at beer club.  She was so cute, talking, playing, etc.  Her kids (teenagers) were so sweet with Em.  Even her husband took a turn playing on the floor with her.

TR - Obsessed with bananas.  Eats one everyday.  Luckily it doesn't seem to constipate her.  Is growing out of her 18 month clothes (length not weight) so I probably need to go shopping.  I'm happy she's growing but was hoping to make it through winter with what we have.  Oh well, momma's going shopping this week I guess.  i have a coupon for stride rite so I think I'll just get the next size up in tennis shoes to have "on-deck" while I'm at it.

FR - last night was leftover meatball sub.  lunch is the last of the leftover spaghetti and meat sauce.  TOnight - something with ground turkey.  Maybe taco meat.  I have some fresh tomatoes to use up as a topping.  We'll see if DH is feeling it.

PGR - Had so BH ctx this morning.  Felt like period cramps.  Sigh.  Just feeling really drained this morning between Emily, DH being sick, work, BH, round 3 of cold/stuffy nose, etc.  Whine whine whine.  Even the coffee I had this morning didn't really help.  I am feeling good overall, just need some restful rest (not the fitful crap I've been getting).

RunningUphill

Good morning!

RR: I Did!  I ran 3 whole miles last night : )  Hey, better than sitting on my booty on the couch (which I did after.)  Nothing today.  Hopefully 3-ish again tomorrow.  I am definitely going to have to start swimming again but am a little hesitant until it warms up a tad.

NRR: The pg brain has already kicked in.  Last night I did all kinds of ditzy forgetful things that is very unlike me.  this morning I forgot to take my progesterone!  I'll be fine, right?  RIGHT?  Missing one dose wont cause a mc.  Right???

TR: Had his bi-monthly assessment this week and his teacher mentioned that he doesn't pronounce his "f's" correctly and wondered if I might want to consider speech therapy.  Ummm, he is 2.  And he has the most advanced vocabulary of any 2 year old I know and has been speaking in complete sentences since he was like a year old.  EVERYONE has always told me how advanced he is in his speech.  Do I really need to worry about one sound right now?  Seems awfully early to be concerned.  Now if she wanted me to be concerned about his lack of interest in potty training, that I would understand. . .

Bermy: Ha!  You will be very warm in all of that clothes!!  I've been making fun of myself because I have been dressing warmer lately because I am already running much slower and I dont get quite as hot.  I ran last night in capris and a long sleeve tee.  I did get quite hot.

Runnergirl: I would love to do a core class.  I think that is the only way I will stick with a core routine.  Any suggestions for good core excercises during pregnancy?  It has already gone totally to mush and I am thinking I am going to need core strength to physically gestate 2 babies.

Jmmiller: Good luck on your car-less day!  Sometimes I like just walking everywhere.  But ds is at the stage where he always wants to walk and doesnt want to ride in the stroller so it can be hard to get places.

Ummm, I cant remember anyones posts. . .I will read again and be back to respond : )

Marathonjen

Spike - At least R is eating a lot so he can grow big...even if he is on the smaller end right now.  Glad you had a good run with RP yesterday and felt good about it.  Those are the best kind of runs.  When do you leave on vacation?

Becky - Sorry work is so busy right now.  I hope the new girl gets her act together...just tell her to stop being an idiotSmile  LOL to your Dh comment...sounds like mine.  At least C is being good and that is the most important.  Hang in there.  You will do well with your marathon training...we all go through set back and you just need to get back on track.  At least you are attempting the training...I haven't built up enough courage or desire to do it again.

Rocky - Glad you had fun at your friends last night and they were so good with Em.  What size shoes is she in?  I never know what size to buy J...I just guess.  He is in 5s right now and they seem to fit fine since they go on easily and he can walk around fine.  Sorry you're not feeling good.  You need to just relax and rest.  What is wrong with DH???  I must have missed something.  Take care...hugs.

Spike - YOU ARE NOT OLD!  I had my 15 year reunion this past summer.

RunningUphill

I just read my post and totally did not mean to sound like my child was sooo gifted or anything.  Just trying to stress that there has been absolutely no prior concern over his speech so one improperly spoken sound seems a little rash to get all worked up about.

Anywho. . .

Marathonjen: I forget how old your LO is?  Story of my life too.  So much to do, so little time and motivation.

Ernie: that is so brutal when they fall asleep at the wrong times!

Runningmer: that would annoy me so much!  Did you still get paid for the class?

Zackmorris: Why is it unimaginable that you asked your parents to babysit?  Do they not normally babysit?  Have a good date night! Sorry your LO is sick : (

runswithrocky

uphill - chill!  you're fine.  I took the tone of your post to be more about not sounding the alarm over one stupid sound especially at the age of 2!  you're fine.

spike - DH got what MIL and I had over Christmas.  Hacking up a lung, stuffed up, etc.  He took nice OTC drugs last night and I told him I was mad at him since I couldn't be in a nyquil induced blissful sleep.  haha.  Em is in 5.5 right now - I just bought them a few weeks ago at after Christmas sale because her 5s wouldn't go on anymore.  So I'm going to get 6s to have on hand.  I think the coupon is 25% off or similar.  10 year reunion isn't that old.  My DH had is 20 yr when we started dating.

I know my personals suck.  You ladies are up so early!  29+ posts by the time I get to work!

Marathonjen

Uphill - Great job on getting out there and running.  How are you feeling?  I heard (from my mom) that being pg with twins is TOUGH!  Although she was never pg with just one so I guess she has nothing to compare that to.  I don't think you need to worry about the F sound with a 2 year old.  All my cousins couldn't say lots of sounds until they were much older and no one ever threw them in speech therapy...sounds  a bit ridiculous.  My LO is 15 months.  I have no idea what he is sayingWink

superspike113

Honorary Old

Rocky- check out www.6pm.com really good deals and free shipping (they are an offshoot of zappos) I bought R some shoes that were originally $70 for $15. I also love kids resale stores to buy basics- I bet you have some really awesome ones in Denver. Sorry you aren't feeling well, I haven't been sleeping well this week either, blehh. R eats tons of bananas too and doesn't get constipated. The thing I don't like about this 10 year reunion is that its not really long enough to get over the petty HS stuff. I'm already finding myself being catty about things reading the posts, and I don't want to be that person. I wasn't popular in high school- I was arty/nerdy with the whackjob family, but I wasn't teased or anything either. Whatevs.

Uphill- Sorry about preggo brain, maybe you will get it extra bad since you have double the baby goodness in you right now?  I wouldn't worry about the speech assessment until 3-4 years old. R is a good talker too, he adds a new word or two each week (not to brag, just sayin' it makes my life easier when he can tell me he's hungry and wants cheese).

Jen- Wednesday. My flight doesn't leave til like 3:30 and is direct, so I'll spend the morning playing with R, Running, and getting him all set up at his godmother's house. I took the whole day off since its a 2 hour drive to the airport. Meh, I felt old before that I swear I'm a 47 yo in a 27 yo body.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- are you a twin? I didn't realize. I know someone who has 2 sets of identical twin girls. My little bro and sis are twins (6 years younger than me).

Marathonjen

spike - Yes, I have a twin brother.  He is much smarter than I...has a PhD and is doing cancer research at Harvard.  Ummm...yeah, he's smart.  Have a great time in Vegas.  I am happy you are able to get away for a bit with DH...that will be nice for you guys.  I am sure R will have a blast with his godmother.  LOL on the age thing...you are not old...just matureSmile