Womens Running

Merry Monday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR:heading out soon for 5-6 miles. In the dark, eep! My 6am PT client cx on me, as I figured she would since she ran the half yesterday. Walked a few miles yesterday cheering for everyone. It was so HOT by about noontime, I felt so bad for the people finishing in the 4hr+ range. Normal temps for marathon weekend are highs 55-60, it was 82 yesterday. yuck!

TR: took him with me in the morning to cheer, he was great clapping for runners and even gave some high fives. probably helped that the race goes on the bike path right next to the park so he got to run around and play for about 2hrs.

NRR: my parents are coming out this Friday! can't wait to see them. they leave the following Tuesday for a 2-week vacation to Hawaii!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - I was going to run today, but I don't have to run today and it is pouring rain.  ST at the gym, followed by hot tub soak.  Legs are SO itchy from the mosquito bites.

RR - got on a DM Ragnar Niagara team! race isn't until May 2014.

TR - 4 poops in the potty and one more in his diaper.  Yes, 5 poops, you read that right.  I do NOT know what got into him!  You'd think he hadn't pooped for a week!

FR - CA's turkey meatloaf, stuffing (from a box), broccoli

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4.3 miles, it was really windy out and in the dark, wind makes everything creepier so I ran my boring around-the-neighbourhood-loops route...

TR - guess the growth spurt has passed, she's back to barely eating.  Oh well, at least when she does eat she tries using utensils

TR2 - an out of town friend of DH's said he was going to stop by last night, around 8.. I was ok with that, but I didn't know he'd be bringing his 6yr old and 4 yr old.  So with 2 loud adults and 2 shrieking kids playing with C's toys, obviously C wasn't sleeping... DH took her out of her crib and let her play until 9:30... needless to say C had a hard time getting to sleep after and was crying in the night...

NRR - hoping to get out of a 10am meeting today...going to convince my team they don't need me there...

zorbs - yay for the poop in the potty!  whew that's a lot of poop!  Enjoy the hot-tubbing!

rg - I love running in the dark.. my area is fairly well lit although there are dark spots and that's where animals seem to lurk.... when C is older I'd like to take her out to a race and have her ring a cow bell...

running eh

RR - need to get back into the swing of getting up early to run.  Going to do 4-5 easy - debating between TM and stroller run.  I will have more time if I go w. the stroller and then the dog will get to come too, but the TM should be easier on the legs.

RR#2 - Oh, DH placed 16th at the trail race on Saturday.  AMAZING!  He did the 25k in about 1:53 - drives me a little crazy, b/c he hasn't trained too much, but I am proud of him.

NRR - going to visit a friend and her new baby today.

FR - salmon and something??

BBL!!

strollermama

RR - Probably not today but I am going to sign up for  HM to find some motivation!  I have talked a friend into it so we will make it a girls weekend.

TR - Yesterday in the bath he kept saying "Go Broncos Go". It was so cute so I attempted to get it on video, but as soon as I took the video camera out, he thought I was taking a picture and kept saying "cheeeese". What a ham.

NRR - Both DH and Af are scheduled to arrive in 4 days Sad

zorbs - That is a lot of pooping!  Yay for the Ragnar team.

RG - Ugh on the hot temps.  Maybe it was good you weren't running.  Not that you would have been anywhere near the 4 hour mark.

CT - boo on the noisy guests!

reh - Congrats to DH!!  Have you made an appt to get those heart palpitations checked out?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Erniegirl

RR - DH is taking S out for the morning because I have to finish some work, but hopefully I'll also have time to fit in 8k or so. And hopefully the monsoon rain that's going on out there has stopped by the time I get to run.

TR - When I ask her who her family is, she says "Mom, Dada, ME!" She's getting a bunch of teeth at once right now and, not surprisingly, slept terribly last night.

FR - Spiced orange rum pork in the slow cooker with potatoes and carrots

NRR - S has swimming lessons tonight. No other plans, except the usual post-weekend house cleaning.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Morning!!!

SRD:  Video.  Maybe some recovery miles.  Yesterday sucked.  Just shows you I need to run more during the day instead of o'dark thirty.

TR:  Complaining of a stomach ache.  Please don't be a virus!

NRR:  Well I guess it is srr - my HRM is here.  Can't wait to try it out.

FR:  Eh, not sure.  I need to clean out the fridge and assess the situation.

beckykay

RG:  Hooray! I am trying to convince my parents to come visit but they are always so reluctant.  Especially now with my father's job situation.

Zorbs:  Holy poop batman!  C pooped twice yesterday and that is pretty much unheard of in our house.

Cx2:  Another meeting?  How many of those do you have?

Eh!:  Wow, way to go on the trail race.  I am still on the fence about one coming up here later this month.  I am super slow on trails but I love them.

Stroller:  Boo, that doesn't sound like fun.  C chants go Phillies go all the time, even when it is not baseball season.

Ernie:  We have some monsoon rain going on too.  I am pretty sure my basement is leaking at this point.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD, though I'm slightly tempted to run tomorrow's run today so I can take a total rest day tomorrow.  Legs feel pretty good after yesterday's 20.

TR - has a cold.  She slept better last night at least.

BR - think she has M's cold too, has one gunky eye - I think it's just her cold and not pink eye.  Going to drop her at the dayhome and hope that's ok.

FR - need to meal plan for the week.

NRR - start work on Wed... DH bought a car on the weekend so I need to get the $$ ready to actually buy it, plus insurance, etc, and I have to get the old car detailed and ready to sell.  Plus I still want to do some more deep cleaning at the house.  I need to go through my closet, a lot of my old work clothes are too big, so I want to clear them out of my closet.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

L e e l a

Morning!  I'm back 'round here again.

RR - Did an easy 6 miles this morning with two RPs before tropical storm Karen moved into the area.  One of my RPs is running Baltimore this weekend, so it was a send-off run for her.  Last week was a cutback week, and I am ready for the last push before taper for Richmond!

NRR - DH and I got back yesterday afternoon from a getaway weekend without B.  We had a blast but ate and drank too much.  Looking forward to some clean living!

TR - Was soooo happy to see her yesterday when we got back.  I can't believe how much she seems to have grown up in just a few days.

FR - Getting my act together today.  Will probably be posting my meal plan on FB later today or this evening.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - yikes, I wouldn't have wanted to be finishing up in 82 degree weather either! Don't think I have to worry about that in Seattle in dec Smile Did you see Bart Yasso Smile He was tweeting about wineglass all weekend.

zorbs - fun that you get to do Ragnar next year! There are no ragnar's anywhere close to hear, but are quite a few local relay races in the mountains. YAY B on the pooping! I guess lots of poops are good for lots of practice Smile

cx2 - at least you know C will eat when she's super hungry! Hope you can get out of that meeting!

r-eh - congrats to DH! That's awesome!! Have fun visiting the new baby, I love visiting them but am always happy it's not me getting up every 3 hrs Smile

stroller - yay for a HM! How long will DH be in town?

ernie - boo to the monsoon! and booo to the bad sleeping toddler. MMMM that pork sounds amazing.

becky - sorry about the sucky HM, but good job powering through it.

Leela - exciting that you're so close to taper!! I can't believe I'm already at peak LR's... marathon training seems so long going in but then seems to fly by. I'll be eager to see your meal plan as I have to do the same.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 5 yesterday, probably rest day today. I actually broke 20 mpw last week for the first time since... Mid Aug? blehhh

TR: Was exhausting this weekend. Would not listen to a word I said and I came very close to blowing my lid. Thank god for nap time. Took him to the pumpkin patch and the park yesterday- the kid likes to run. Too bad there aren't any kid races here- there is the Junior Joggers program in the school and then 2m-5k races is all.

FR: Pulled pork last night. DH is on nights this week so I will have little motivation to cook. Its my sister's birthday, might go out to dinner with her.

NRR: Picked the house colors, finally. If you are interested- this is the stone we will be using on the front of the house http://www.bedrockgranitesales.com/stone-veneer-whistler-ashlar.html  Main house color will be Sherwin Williams "Garden Sage," Eaves will be "Weathered Shingle," Trim is "Softer tan," and the front door will be "Sundried tomato".

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- Just have to say I'm proud of my hubby, he's been calorie counting and dieting all summer and is down to his lowest adult weight ever! He started the summer at 240ish and is below 215 again.

runnergirl- Glad you had a nice time spectating. I haven't done that yet.

zorbs- R has days where he poops a lot too, glad B is taking to the PT well!

cx2- What is with your company and all the meetings?!

eh- my DH is so stubborn, its no wonder he can run faster than me at races. He can pretty much will himself past anything.

strollermama- lame about AF during DH's visit Sad  If it makes you feel better I had AF on my honeymoon.

Ernie- I want to know how your recipe turns out, that sounds awesome!

Becky- I have an HRM that goes with my Garmin but I've only used it a couple times. Are you doing Alissa's HRM workout thingy?

CA- Are you feeling ready for Seattle? What kind of car did DH buy? SOrry the girls are sick.

Leela- Glad you had a nice vacation! I always look forward to home cooking after eating in restaurants a lot.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - yay for picking exterior, i really like the stone, I bet it'll all look great together.  DH bought a golf wagon, 2011.  That'll be 17 years straight that I've owned a VW - 3 golf's total, and a sciroco before that.  that's awesome that your DH has done so well!  Mine has also lost 15-20 lbs through his marathon training.  Yes this marathon cycle has gone so much better than I dreamed, as long as I can hang on through 4 more long weeks (with rest weeks between) I should be golden.

Erniegirl

spike/CA - The pork is a new recipe I just came across, so I'll let you know how it turns out. It smells yummy so far!

Spike - I almost lose it on S at least once a day for not listening. Toddlers! I love the look of that stone work.

Becky - Great job finishing another half, even though this one was hot and hellish. Crazy weather!

CA - Great that your legs are feeling good after 20 miles! Wow, that's a pretty long to-do list by Wednesday. Isn't it always the case that, no matter how long you have off work, you always still have a million things you wanted to do by the time you have to go back?

Leela - When you feel like you need a food and drink detox, you know you have a great time away!

rg - Hope you had a good run in the dark. Yuck on the race temperatures yesterday. So cute about R cheering the runners on.

zorbs - Definitely a good morning not to run if you didn't have to. The mosquitoes have definitely made a comeback. Yay for getting on a Ragnar team!

cx2 - Dark and windy in the fall always seems creepy, especially with leaves blowing around. Boo on the noisy guests!

eh - What did you decide on for your run? I find stroller runs hard on the legs, too. Great job by DH on his race!

stroller - Which HM are you signing up for? Ha, we totally do have the same child - S also stops what she's doing and hams it up like crazy whenever someone pulls out a camera/phone. Boo to the coordinated DH and AF arrivals!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15