Womens Running

(Over 40) Fun Friday (Read 22 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa no twin is an idiot.  Things got worse yesterday.  I did not sleep well and cried a lot before going to sleep.  Dh and I will get it figured out but my dad is choosing her right now over his family even with overwhelming solid evdidence it is a scam.  Today I will confront him with the ring and his lies.  I have one ace I haven't used and I will use it today.  His sister's first husband was a con artist.  He ended up in jail  She refused to see what they all told her.  He is doing that now and is pushing me away.  I'm playing that card today.  It will be a dirty thing for me to do but my only hope otherwise I am losing my dad and he knows it but is so entangled with this scammer he is believing her over me.

I'm off to meet Damaris shortly for a run  We had fun last night.  She will post the pic later, I'm sure

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MarjorieAnn3137, I am so sorry about the situation with your dad.

Yesterday was a 60 minute run on the track. I did some speed work by default since I ran with coach and another friend. The other friend is a Marathon Maniac who comes inside when he must due to weather. He and his wife are really nice people. Conversely, there are at least 5 creepies who have appeared with the ranks of old men looking for women. In January these weirdos crawl out from under their rocks and appear. Roll eyes

Track run today then planning to do some fun things around the apartment for myself. I need some *ME* time. We all know how that is.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  She tortured me and made me run early. Big grin  I did 4.65 miles.  Marjorie is still running.  Off to work.

Here is a pic of us last night:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

judyruns, nice 60 minutes yesterday.  Good luck at the track today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning, all!

Yesterday was training day with Core-meister.  Love it.  He is really pounding on my legs and core to help make me a stronger runner.  We have also been doing about 10 to 15 minutes of ladder work each week.  That is tooooo fun!

Will run with RB today on the indoor course.  I'm hoping that because its Friday, the students will be taking the day off from their New Years resolution running... lol

Lisa - I'm so excited that things are coming along so well on the run.  I look forward to doing the Warrior Dash in Karnel's honor.

Judy - ouch on the bruised bone.  I feel your pain!

Carol - my weight seems to be very steady over time.  I'm at 157 +/-2 .  But every now and then, it pops up 3 or 4 pounds, inexplicably.  I don't have cycles, so it's just a "thing."  I've had to get used to and not panic when it happens!   Did you ever see my post about the zero calorie noodles?  I'll be happy to share about them!

Marjorie - Sorry your dad doesn't want to face the actual reality of his situation.  Has he seen all of that stuff about "cat fishing" and the college football player?  I think it's okay for you to play any card you have to.  My only suggestion would be to figure out when you've truly played your last card.  At some point, you'll either have to challenge his competence or let him go - for your own peace of mind.

And, I think you have the right diagnosis with the HR monitor.  I tightened it up, and it read just fine with core-meister.

Camille - thanks for your feedback about the HRM.  After fiddling with it and doing a lot of google stuff, I think I had it too loose.  It worked fine yesterday.   My Max HR is 185.   I tend to run around 130 up to 150-ish when I pick up the tempo.   A sprint will get me into the 160's (about 85%).

Tessa - sorry about the car woes.  ugh.

Cindy - Such a trooper.  The only time I want to run in the rain is when I'm going to get wet anyway - like at an obstacle run.  I'm a little too much of princess to run in the rain on purpose!  Wink

Karen - when I'm running at a faster pace, the TM scares me too.  I think I have this fear of a slight stumble, followed by by flung off the back and busting my face on something.... all while being video taped for you tube.

Annie Susan - that sounds like such a nice run.  As for me..... I don't do ice until the ice fishermen have their little shelters on the middle of the lake!  Here in upstate NY, we're getting ready for our deep freeze.  It's 10 degrees this morning, and going down for the rest of the week.

Judy - I always have to chuckle at the January health nuts.  Of course... I used to be a "Monday" dieter... lol

Be well all!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

mommymac

So Marjorie and Damaris - What kind of restaurant did you finally decide on? And who is that dude (dudette) watching over you from the wall?

Marjorie - Stay strong with the situation with your family; you are thinking straight and doing what you can.

Judy - Enjoy the "me" time; it's always nice to take a little time heading into a weekend.

Julie - Is your core-meister a personal trainer? I would love to have someone tell me specifically what I should be doing to become overall stronger. Something more than just the basics we all know and love.

Cold here today but hope to get out soon for 6-8 miles. At least the sun has made it out amongst the little snow flurries in the air.

Happy runs and welcome weekend!

Carolyn

Docket_Rocket

It was a Lebanese/Med restaurant near my house that I didn't even know it existed.  Probably the best Med food I've had ever.  Very nice time.  The dude above us?  No idea.  Most likely a Lebanese stalker.

So Marjorie and Damaris - What kind of restaurant did you finally decide on? And who is that dude (dudette) watching over you from the wall?

Marjorie - Stay strong with the situation with your family; you are thinking straight and doing what you can.

Judy - Enjoy the "me" time; it's always nice to take a little time heading into a weekend.

Julie - Is your core-meister a personal trainer? I would love to have someone tell me specifically what I should be doing to become overall stronger. Something more than just the basics we all know and love.

Cold here today but hope to get out soon for 6-8 miles. At least the sun has made it out amongst the little snow flurries in the air.

Happy runs and welcome weekend!

Carolyn

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning, girls, I know it's been a while since I have even said hello, but I have been so busy. Taking on that one extra teaching job is killing my free time, the rabbi in charge is very demanding, though it pays better than the other synagogue.

Marjorie, I have not kept up with the issues with your dad. I am so sorry, it seems worse than the last time I checked in. I don't understand why your brother doesn't see what you (and the rest of us) can see, that this woman is scamming your dad. Best of luck, I hope you can make him see reason.

Damaris, great pic. Middle Eastern food is among my favorites!

Greetings to everyone else, I hope I get a chance to catch up on everyone's lives!

Was supposed to snow last night and the FB status of everyone I know in Charlotte was all about snow, but I didn't see a flake in the air or on the ground. In fact it was about 33* when I woke up and went out for a run and there were puddles everywhere and no frost or ice at all. I ran 6.99 miles (no Garmin, I checked it on mapmyrun after I finished, or I swear I would have run that last .01 miles). I am still managing to keep my pace under 10 min. miles, I am very proud!!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I ended up doing 11 miles

So I played the one card about my Dad's sister. it is like the jack in Euchere.  i also told him that i will not take any emails or calls for at least a week.  i just cannot deal with it right now and I need time to process all that is going on.  I had to send him an email as I couldn't do it without balling my eyes out and i cried doing the whole email but it was sent.  i know he has sent me an email to my phone and one to work and I moved them out of my in folder and did not open them at all.  I'm very serious that I'm not dealing with him right now.  I told him he needs to really think about what he is doing and make his choice that I think he needs to figure out what the hell is going on and why he is doing what he is doing.  I highly recommended he see his psycho therapist or the church pastor.  That while I loved him I have to step away for the moment.  I also told him every lie that I know he has told and I told him I know about the ring.  So next week maybe Wed or Thursday I will open the emails and call him.  I told him he can call my husband but I'm not going to take any calls or emails right now until I can get past this and move on and I'm not going to talk to him about it further.  If he wants to continue this and in the billion to one chance she is real and they do get together that I only requested that I was able to get the stuff from the house that was my moms or grandmothers that are special to me.  So we will move on.

Carolyn this was my big trump card but I have a few other ploys if needed.  I'm just tired of it all.  I can employ his aunt that is just a few years older than him and his one sister in law  that he calls a sister if I need to.  They don't know anything right now and I'd rather not have to pull them in but I sure will.  I'm not calling my brothre again.  He knows it is a scam but he really really does not understand all the implications of what dad has done.

Damaris the food last night was really good!  We had a great time..  I had two glasses of wine but did not drink a ton. I sure could have.

And D did very well running at the ungodly hour that I do.  Actually I left a little earlier than I normally do since we were meeting at 5 15 so I left around a quarter to 5 to run up to her house about 3 miles away.  We had a nice run down and around one of the paths.  I still could have gotten to the clinic by 8 but did the email to my dad and some FB stuff before I left since I had told the center I'd be thee at 9 and it was only 2 miles from the hotel.  Worked out well.

Julei thanks.  I think he does.  Not sure.  I'm glad the HRM worked better this time!

Amy the sudden re appearance of the cold is odd.  It was in the 50's when D and I ran today and that is cold for Miami!  It has been in the upper 60's all week for my early morning runs this week so it was a change for sure.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Sorry you are going through this, Marjorie.  Hope you can relax.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, I am sorry that your dad is putting you through this. You are a good daughter. And recommending that he talk to a neutral third party like his therapist or his pastor is an excellent suggestion. It can be hard to take advice from your children, and I think fathers probably have an even more difficult time listening to what their daughters tell them to do.

Damaris and Marjorie, glad you two had a good run and good dinner!

Susan/anniesombra, I would have stuck to the path too. Skating on lakes would scare me a lot, especially if it had only just frozen. Ice rinks are much safer -- the only thing you have to worry about is the Zamboni!

Lisa, will print that leaf, probably using DS's colour printer (I pay for the ink after all!) and see what I can do about either laminating it or putting it in a baggie. And doesn't your sig line need updating? *grin*

Judy, ouch on the bone bruise, glad you are getting to run with your Maniac friend.

Julie, rainy runs can be fun, especially if you are dressed for them (all tech fabrics) and it's not too cold or windy. I have done one full in 34 and raining, in Denver, and that was not the most pleasant race of my life.

Carolyn, hope you made it out.

Hi Amy! Amazing how one small additional job can take so much time, I agree with you.

Not cold here -- well, it was 44 feels like 37 this morning, but it is supposed to get into the 60s today and the 70s by Sunday. Break out the short sleeved shirts again! 3.2 before work, more at lunch.

Van has been picked up, $627 later. It would be nice if occasionally DH would pay for his own car repairs.  Although I'm a lot less ticked off about this one than I am about the tire last month, because this wasn't his fault and the tire was.

Happy runs!

Hey!  Swim this morning was good.  Did a few more laps than last week.  Yesterday was a total fail--bag monster won out.  I probably did need a day off anyways.....

Looking forward to the long weekend.  There is a 10K tomorrow, afterwards will keep running with friends.  The awards ceremony is at a fitness expo that is a mile away from the race, so we'll run over there, run back and then decide what we want to do.  No long run early Sunday -- I can sleep in and still get a run before church if I want.

Marjorie--hope your dad wakes up!  I know it must be frustrating.

Have a great day!

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Carolyn

Carolyn - yes, my Core-meister is Dave - my personal trainer.   He has been my trainer for a couple of years.  He emphasizes exercises that engage more than one set of muscles at a time, focus on stability, and are often body weight oriented.  I do no "classical" weight training with him.    He has been my greatest supporter in my new athletic endeavors.   So, I 100% support you finding the right trainer for you.  Try out a few of them.  Dave is my 3rd... and he's a keeper!  Smile

Happy workouts!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Sig line does need updating.

Flipping Labor of Love Marathon on April 20th for Shadow of the Giants in June.

Optimizing my conference in San Diego with a trip to LA then to Vegas.  My daughter just gave me a look when I told her where I was going.

Taking some of the logistics out of June trip to San Fran office and nephew's wedding.  Will have to do next year since I'll have established an early June trip to Mountain View now. LOL

Marjorie-you are doing the right thing.  in case no one else tells you. we will.

Lisa

camille2

Marjorie, I'm glad you are setting some limits for your piece of mind.  I hope it works out.  It seems it should be illegal...wonder if it is.

I've seen cases on TV, but in those, it was the TV reporters outing the scammers.  Glad you had a break with Demaris!

Demaris, nice pic!

Lisa, I cked out marathon guide on you Labor of Love race...sounds really beautiful!

Hi Amy/THM, there was a big winter storm watch here too, but it didn't materialize.  I'm happy-electricity is nice. : )  DD got snow in Chapel Hill and my nephew in Cumberland Gap has a bunch of lovely snow pics.

I worked at the clinic..  I didn't manage to resist the cookies yesterday and ate a big one at a new bakery for lunch. : (  Delicious, but I hit the gym again afterwards.  Doubt it was enough.  : )

Karen, this was on RW homepage yesterday. http://www.runnersworld.com/photos/gaining-traction  It's a review of spikes, yak trax, including a newer running pair. I was only familiar with old trax.

Hi to everyone else! Have a great weekend.

Tessa, bummer about the car bill.  You're due for a wonderful weekend. PS-why don't your have hubby pay his own car bill?  Can't you just say, "That one is yours."  I know...things alwasy seem simpler to outsiders...but it would be justified. I'll shut up...