Womens Running

Wow Weekend (over 40) (Read 19 times)

Bikerchick1

Morning!

LisaMMR - Have a great time at Potto!!!  Lucky you Smile   Do you know anyone that has ran the Marquette Marathon?  Jenny and I are thinking of doing an early Fall marathon before Grand Canyon adventure - we will have our miles up there, so figured......might as well do a marathon Smile

LCruns - Good luck on your 20!

Hi to all, will check back later.

Off to meet with RB, and do some miles!   Had a fun sculpt class yesterday.

Carol

Marquette as in Michigan or the school in Wisconsin?  I know the two I'm running with today did Grand Island which is near Marquette and loved it.  I'll ask though.

Lisa

camille2

Lisa, enjoy your woods!  My favorite line in the story was when she commented on the younger women limping in and said she wasn't that bad.

Carol, you're just going to be in great shape by fall. Are you doing a race at the Grand Canyon or hiking rim to rim?

Karen and Sue, I love stories about people like the 91 year old.  Let's hope we're all out there trying to age everyone out.

Karen, I'm glad the dental work went ok.

Tessa, I look at RW every week or two to read Mark Remy's columns.  It's not always funny, but occasionally,  it's laugh out loud funny.

Marjorie, I thought of your hubby last night.  He's really lucky because we were having scattered thunder storms and we had a  bad one in the afternoon.

More info on cipro:  I saw ENT Thursday. My ear still has fluid so he gave more steroids and extended AB's.  He said cipro is the best AB choice at this point and wants me to stay on it 3 weeks. I asked about running and cipro and he said no running for 3-4 weeks.  He said it's rare, but they've had tendon rupture happen in their practice and "it's miserable."  Some good news though. He thinks I'll be OK to fly next week using Afrin and meds and  he said I can walk..."walking is as good an exercise as running."    I don't think he's a runner. :  Wink

I'm going to walk 45min today.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning.  Getting my hair cut in a few. Did a quick 4.1 this am.

Camille  hope everything heals up

Lisa I don't get to do any of the HTML on the page. I just get to load everything and arrange stuff and do some formatting.  I wish they'd let me get to the HTML. The program we use has many limitations.

Carol you are doing well keeping up with the cross training.

Marjorie

Yay, we made it to the weekend!  I'll run a couple of easy miles this morning and go to PowerBlast class (high intensity interval training stuff) then a longer trail run tomorrow.

Carol, I've been meaning to ask you about your Grand Canyon adventure.  Is that a run or hike or both?  When are you going?  I've never been to the GC but intend to go some day.

Lisa, hope you had a great time out on the trails today.

Camille, thanks for posting the link to the 91 y/o runner.  I hope that's me one day!  Walking isn't the same as running, but better than nothing (and better safe than sorry when it comes to tendons!).

Marjorie, hope the hair cut today was a success.

Tessa, are you running Shadow next weekend?

Hi to everyone else!  Be back later.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Pilates last night was really good, and I'm less sore today than I was after the first time, at least. My instructor said she likes working with me because I'm stronger than most beginners she gets and I'm also very "body aware". Then again, if she's comparing me to the 200+ pound old guy that was finishing up when I got there, I'm not too flattered! This morning I was oddly awake at 6 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep, so finally just got up and started doing chores. Finally loaded up my pile of junk from the basement around 9:30 and took it to the dump, then ran a little over 9 miles. I should clean the house now, and I need to make pasta salad that I said I'd bring to a BBQ tonight, but I think my early Saturday morning is coming back to haunt me. And all I want to do is take a nap!

Carol, you have definitely been full of energy lately - all the XT must agree with you.

Camille, "walking is as good as running". Hahaha. I guess if you have twice as much time to do it....but at least walking is better than sitting on your butt!

Lisa, hope the trail was good to you today.

Marjorie, so you can't edit the html? That really stinks. Pretty much every CMS I've worked with there is a way to switch to html. I usually do most of my stuff using their editor, but sometimes formatting can get so messed up the only way to fix it is to edit the code. No wonder you're frustrated!

Gatsby! That means it's the weekend! Enjoy your runs and your XT.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Most I've run since the New Jersey Marathon at the beginning of May...2013!!

17.3 glorious Potowatomi Trail miles in 4 hours with my 2 trail buddies.

a few times I just slowed down to look around and appreciate the beautiful day and the 3 of us being together. Sigh.

Lisa

Carol-run buddy Katie has done the Marquette 50k and if the marathon is a part of that she said it was tough.  This is coming from a 100 miler who knows tough. Lots of elevation change but also very pretty.  Not sure if that's the training you need for Rim 2 Rim.  the down part of R2R is going to be the part to train for she said.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Camille - Hope you get rid of that infection soon!  3 more weeks of Cipro...boooo!

Marjorie - Always feels so good to get a hair cut!!!

Gatsby - Powerblast class....sounds intense LOL

Karen - Wow, that is alot of things to get done in a day!!  Glad you are enjoying Pilates Smile

Lisa - So happy for you that you got out on the Potto today!!!!  I was actually thinking of the Marquette (the city) road race Marathon.  Jenny and I talked today about coming to something at Woodstock - are you doing any of the races?

The Grand Canyon adventure is that we (5 RB's) are going to run/hike from North to South Rim   It is not an organized event, we are just putting it together.  One RB knows some local people that have done it so she has been the organizer.  We are reading/planning/training, as much as we can so that we have a safe and fun time!

Had a fun run this am.

Carol

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Busy day today! I got up and out for 8 miles, then I was one of three hosting a surprise birthday party for a friend. Then off to the ball fields for games for both DS2 and DS3. Whew! I'm about ready for bed.

Carol - that sounds like a great adventure.

Lisa - yay for getting out on the trails! Sounds like it was a great run.

Camille - bummer on not being able to run, but better safe than sorry with the possibility of tendon rupture. And no, I'm guessing your doc is not a runner!

Karen - my husband is in purge mode at our house, too. We got rid of a bunch of broken toys and old school papers today. These kids generate a lot of crap!

Marjorie - glad your DH made his connection.

Off to bed - I'm beat.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

8 miles this morning.  The first 6 were great, last 2 not so much.  Granddaughters graduation party was yesterday, so I was pretty much on the go all day helping, cooking etc...so maybe I was just tired.  Also went to see Maleficent last night.  I loved it!

Today is graduation and it is a beautiful day for an outdoor graduation.  After that I think I will come home and collapse!

Oh yeah, when we came home yesterday afternoon from the graduation party there was a 1st place medal hanging on the door knob!  My DH unbeknownst to me had told someone about the mix up at the 5k last Sunday , they told the race director apparently and I got a 1st place!  I am a little embarrassed, I mean I complain to family and friends, but I didn't want to make a fuss.  Anyway no one knows but me, not like I embarrassed the woman....she still believe she was first, so that's okay.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hi!  Thought I would check in.  Did my first run in like forever and I mean forever.  The doctor that said walking is as good as running is clueless.  It wasn't a pretty run, but I did 5k, so I'm happy with that and I wasn't incredibly slow (did it in 35:26.  Busy weekend... spent Friday afternoon touring onsite wastewater treatment plants with DH and two of my students, then helped strip grime, mildew, and paint off bleachers (Eagle Scout project).  Saturday: cleaned house and then had crew meeting from 3-6:30, which actually went to 8:30 (crew leader stayed to work with several of us on packing and what we need and how to reduce the weight of my pack, which is 25 lbs without water but with water bottles - I'd like to shave off at least two points, which will mean with water, I should only have about 30-31 lbs to carry, but even that is 25% of my body weight.  I just don't want to end up carrying 33%).   Also learned that with the extra hikes, we'll end up doing more like 90-95 miles in the 12 days (plus what we do in Colorado).   20 days until we leave for Colorado/Philmont!!! And today is DS's high school graduation.

Lisa, awesome job at Poto!  One of these days, we should do a FE there. Would be fun.

Carol, great job on the training.  We should try to get together, maybe when I get back from Philmont and we could do a hike together.  Either day or overnight would be cool!  I have the filtration equipment etc if you want to do an overnight.  The North Manistee Trail is really nice.  I'd post a photo, but I can't figure out how. Sad

Ginny, great job on the 8 miles.  We have high school graduation today too!  Congratulations!

Camille, hope you recover quickly and walking isn't too tedious.  But better safe than sorry.

Karen, Great  job on the pilates and LOL on the comparison... NO, I am sure your instructor is NOT comparing you to the 200-lb guy before you!.  Ah, cleaning and sorting through stuff in the house.  Did that twice in three years with move to/from Canada... helps to clean house and get rid of stuff you don't need.  Where in Texas are you moving to?

Cindy,  Sounds like a busy day. Hope today is more restful.

Gatsby, Yes, powerblast does sound intense!!!

Hope I got everyone!!!  Enjoy the day!!!

Susan

Good morning!  Heading off shortly for a trail run with DH and some RC friends but stopping by here for a quick hello.

Karen, I hope you got to take that nap yesterday.  Busy day, but sounds very productive.  Remind me when you're moving to TX?  Saw earlier that you have started house-hunting, or maybe not yet "hunting" but at least "considering".

Lisa, wow, 17+ trail miles!  You are back!  Sounds like a great day.

Carol, your GC adventure sounds like it will be an amazing experience!

Cindy, after that busy day yesterday, hope you get to relax a little today.

Ginny, so glad to see you got your 1st place medal!  We all knew you were first, and you knew you were first, but it's nice that the RD officially recognized it.

Susan, sounds like you are getting ready for an adventure!

Waves to everyone else!  Have a great day.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.5. Toe still it 100%. Trimmed the bushes more by the garage as dh was complaining his SUV rubs up on one of them when pulling in the garage if he try's to move over an inch so I can actually get in my car. Now he can't complain.

Susan good for you getting out to run.

Tessa  I'm with you on RW. I haven't logged in in ages. I go to the forums everyone in a while but they aren't the same so I'm not likely to log in any time soon.

Gatsby the hair cut went well. I'm in need of some color so I made an appointment for that next Saturday.

Ginny good they they gave you the medal. You deserved it.

Karen Pilates is like that. One week you won't be sore the next you might. Just depends on what wonderful torturous stuff they come up with.

Go Lisa, go!

Cindy, yep, he made the connection. But, now he has a nasty cold

Marjorie

LC Runs

Happy Weekend, we've sure had awesome weather here this past week.  LOVE IT!!

6 miles Saturday solo.  Ran 20 today with RP, much better run than our 18 miler a couple of weeks ago.  We started two hours earlier and had a flatter route, so that definitely helped (marathon is flat).  My partner is still struggling mentally but today I told her were breaking the run into 5 mile blocks; it really helped me though she had a rough final 5 miles.  3 weeks until marathon and the goal is merely to finish.  I would like to have a time goal of 4:15 - 4:30  but I don't think it will happen since we're sticking together.  That's okay though, she can scratch it off her bucket list Wink

Carol - thanks for the shout out!

Hi Lisa!

Camille - sorry about the ear, feel better!

Marjorie - how's the haircut?

Gatsby - enjoy your weekend

Karen - busy Saturday morning!

Cindy - nice 8!

Ginny - congrats to all of your graduates!

Hi Susan!!  Wow, that is some serious hiking, it will be awesome!!