Womens Running

MOVING MONDAY DIVAS (Read 15 times)

MA runner girl

Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: 4 miles last night. My foot feels good this morning. Yay! Rest today.

NRR: had a good weekend, but once again I'm do thankful I don't have to wake up at 5am on Monday mornings anymore!! C's sleeping is gettiand better, last night he slept 7:15-6:45 and only woke up once at 3! Yay! And he just sat up from his tummy for the first time. crazy baby! Today my MIL is coming over from 8-12 so I can work. Then c and I need to grocerY shop. Fun fun!

have a good day ladies!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

melrunner

Morning Girls. last day of work.

TriR. rest day today. Ran 18 on Saturday and 3 hour bike yesterday.

NtriR, last day of work. Lets just hope nd pray it goes smoothly and they follow through and pay me until the end of the year.

MA, is your foot pain gone?

Lucy, Happy belated birthday!!!

PO, congrats on a fabulous race!!!

Taylor, great job on your marathon!!!

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

RR: so nothing. sheesh. the alarm went off, I hit snooze and I slept right through the 2nd alarm. Kind of frustrated too because I was actually ready to wake up this time! so probably 2 to 3 tonight. this weekend was pretty good. Was going to run 4 to 6 miles, and because of a bad spill I had around mile 1.7, I had to get home. So I ran home. Didn't realize till about mile 2.5 of the same run that blood was running down my leg pretty badly.  I must have looked a spectacle. Anyway, I managed 3.4 on saturday and yesterday M and I biked about 11 miles in the morning after church then walked 2.5 in the evening. It was a beautiful day out.

NRR: work day. going to start trying to go to our local downtown Rotary club. Instead of the evening one I used to go to.  otherwise, got a good house cleaning and laundry. good naps, good tv watching and some work in the middle of all that. The only thing not done is yard work. Maybe this week/ weekend sometime... The one veterans home project is probably going to whup my butt this week, so playing everything by ear before the sh*t hits the fan on it.

Back in a sec.

lizo_77

MA: enjoy the grocery shop run! and hope you can get some good work time in while your MIL helps with C!

mel: sending good vibes for a great last day of work for you!!

taylor: how was the race?

SassySparky

Morning divas!

RR: ladies! I ran 19 on Saturday at a 10:05 pace... Hopes probably a little too fast.  big D + g met me at mile 13 and finished with them. Overall it went well. I had nuun to drink and one Gu at mile 7, then a fig newton at mile 12. I was starving by mile 15 and it was all I could think about so I'm sure I drove Dan crazy. I'm not a huge fan of taking more than one Gu because they make me feel icky. Maybe I should try something else or eat two fig newtons ?

RR2: I did 3 easy this morning On the TM.

NRR: big d is out if town this week so it's solo parenthing duty! I kind of love it, we always have a lot of fun and reconnect! We lookEd at some cute houses this weekend and one of which we are going to move forward on! Just calling banks and stuff today. We will look at it again next weekend and maybe one or two others just to be sure. Also my dad and stepmom visited over the weekend so we had a nice relaxing time with them!

Will do personals when I get to work as it's hard to do them on the phone.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD. Training for that race officially starts this week but my sleep schedule got messed up with weekend so I guess training really starts tomorrow. I don't want to get TOO serious about training, or else running will not be fun, but I want to finish strong enough. Right now, I need to get back to running 4x a week, while slowly increasing my long runs (that will be hilly). Not sure how I feel about track workouts yet.   Yoga tonight, I think.

NRR: Interesting weekend transitioning into this fall weather and that I will be home for a long time now (last week was hopefully my last trip for the year). I did a serious cleaning of the house and planned/shopped for the week's groceries. Working on getting into my "home all the time" routine.

MA - Hurray for C's sleep schedule!! I wouldn't mind sleeping like that.

Meli - Good luck today at work.

Lizo - I saw the picture you posted on FB. Ow!!!

Sassy - Exciting about the house! That reminds me that I can start looking for apartments again. I really want out of this one.

POrun

Happy Monday!!! Thank goodness it's a 4 day work week for me again!

RR: Competed in the olympic tri yesterday. I'm a bit sore today, but not too bad. I beat my goal time by 1 min, and the swim course was about 0.2mi long, so that added about 5 min to my time. (the long course was confirmed by swim coaches). I ended up 1st in my AG, passed 2nd place on the run. Smile Now just have to get into better shape so I can continue to get more competitive!

NRR: Didn't do too much exciting over the weekend besides the race. It's going to be a busy couple of weeks ahead with finishing our group project for school and then we have our final. I signed up for a sprint tri on Oct 20th to get one more in for the season, so I'll be continuing to train for that and a half marathon with DH on Dec. 1st.

Taylor: Great job on your marathon! Sorry it wasn't the time you expected, but you still did great under 4 hours!!!

MA: Glad you are starting to get more sleep! How much longer do you have to work?

Meli: Great job on the 18 Saturday and 3 hours on the bike yesterday. Goodness, 1.5-2 hours on the bike is usually long enough for me!  I hope they don't go back on paying you till the end of the year!

lizo: Wow, way to keep running after your spill. I hope you aren't sore from that!!!

Sassy: Great job with the long run!!! I found during marathons that I also have troubles with gels during the race. I ended up taking in extra gatorade instead. You could try pretzels, or more fig newtons, or other things with maybe less sugar? Glad Dan and G met up with you for the end!

OWR: Enjoy your SRD! I'm glad you're trying to find a way to keep running fun while training!

Have a great day ladies!

monk717

Good morning!

RR: 4 miles this morning and 6 great miles on Saturday! I was getting upset with how slow I was this morning and had to keep reminding myself... I've run 4 of the last 7 days, and the two runs before today were 4 and 6. So going slow this morning should have been expected! Now I'll take two rest days and be fresh Thursday. I'm wishing I could be faster, but I'm glad to just be getting the mileage in.

NRR: Yesterday was DH and my sixth wedding anniversary. Saturday afternoon we went to lunch and the train museum for a train ride... it was kind of a bummer though because it started raining half way through so we couldn't see anything else there. We probably wouldnt have anyway because P was cranky. Speaking of P, we've had three really good nights of sleep! Yay!

So yesterday on the actual anniversary, I got a ton of stuff done... cleaned and vacuumed the downstairs, baked a cake, assembled four freezer meals, made a great anniversary dinner, finished my laundry and worked some on Ps Christmas stocking. I didn't really mean to do so much work on our anniversary day, but it was one of those great Sundays where we're all just chilling at home and I was actually motivated to work! I need to restock the freezer selection so I'll hopefully do a few more of those next weekend.

lizo_77

Sassy: way to go on the long run! a couple of fig newtons are probably the way to go for you! but you did it!

outwest: yay for being home and able to do some of that home stuff! good luck with the start of your training!

po: way to go with the tri race! woooohoooo for beating your goal time by a full minute!

monk: way to get your runs in ! way to be so productive during the weekend and on your anniversary!

taylorma1

Morning ladies

MA-glad the foot is doing well

meli-hope you last day goes smoothly

lizo-sorry about the bad spill

Sassy-great job on your run! I would try something else to bring with you. Maybe a couple of fig newtons?

outwest-good luck with the race training. It's the 20 miler, right?

PO-great job on your triathlon!

monk-happy anniversary to you and DH

RR: ran my marathon on Saturday. Didn't do too well and finished well off my time goal. I finished in 3:57. Just couldn't get it going the last 8 miles. Not sure why, but I am not going to give up. Not sure if I will run another marathon this year or wait til the spring. I did 3 easy miles this morning and my legs are feeling great right now. Still a little sore but not too bad

NRR: nothing much here. I have enjoyed having DBF with me this weekend. Yesterday we went to the state park and went kayaking. It was misty out, so it was so beautiful to be out in the middle of the lake like that. He heads back to Chicago tonight, and i will really miss him

SassySparky

Ok time for personals. I've had a crappy morning. The bus I was on broke down and I had to wait 30 minutes for the next one, then I get to work, and something that I ordered for the lab arrived but they sent the wrong item. Then we had a fire alarm, and then I got in trouble for not having something ready to ship on time because I was outside due to the fire alarm. MONDAY.
                          MA - glad you had a good run without foot pain!

Meli - enjoy your last day of work! Yay for 18 miles! I can't imagine doing a 3 hour bike ride after my 18 miler. I did do a shakeout run after it, but that was only 3 miles!

Lizo = sometimes we just need sleep! Sorry about the running snafu on Saturday. glad you had a nice weekend.

OWR - Just make running fun, and if you don't do track workouts, that doesn't mean you aren't training well!

PO - great job on your Oly Tri!!! Great idea on pretzels. I can't stomach the pure sugar but I think a more complex carb would work for me. The fig newtons are great.

Monk - happy anniversary!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Morning ladies! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

Sassy- Way to ROCK your 19 miler, wow! Great pace too! I totally vote for consuming more calories on that long of a run for sure! I think for 20 miles, I would do 2 gels and 1 pack of shot bloks.

MA- Yay for C sitting up from his tummy. So cute in the pictures you've been posting, he's such a BIG boy!

Lizo- You took quite a spill, ouch! Hope it's not too painful.

PO- CONGRATS on your awesome tri this weekend, so impressive!!! You're such an inspiration!

Meli- How's Bubbles? Nice workouts this weekend, you rock! Hope your last day of work goes smoothly.

Taylor- I'm really sorry you didn't hit your time goal, but still got a good finish time. Give yourself plenty of recovery time and find another race to train for!

OWR- Of course you shouldn't take training too seriously! But I think you'll do great and probably enjoy it a lot!

RR. Ran 10 yesterday. Was aiming to do the last 5 at goal pace, but dang, my legs were tired and sore and I was struggling just to finish! Got pretty discouraged but then realized I will NOT feel like that in the race, because of taper! Today is a REST DAY and I MEAN IT! I will probably do some gentle yoga and take L for a walk tho. My right calf muscle is super sore and tender, so that is worrying me...

NRR. Cancelled our hiking trip to Tahoe this weekend because of a big storm hitting that area. So bummed! But we had a great day, Saturday- we hiked to the top of a local mountain, then went and enjoyed beer on the beach in SF, then to my favorite vegan restaurant and then came home and watched World War Z (not so great!). Yesterday was running, eating, football, laundry, cleaning, etc. Normal Sunday! LOL

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

OJewel

Hi girls! Long time no post. I have trouble finding time unless I do it right in the AM!

RR - Did 7 yesterday. Nothing today. I'm running a marathon on Sunday!!

NRR - UMM NOTHING, everything is RR! Lol. I'm obsessing. We leave for NH on Friday and will do brewery stuff on Friday when we get up there, either saturday or sunday after the race a harbor tour, and then pretty much time to go home. I'm excited though, I guess. DBF and I need some time to reconnect I think. We've been arguing lately. Today is just working.

Taylor - Congratulations on your marathon! I'm sorry it wasn't the time you wanted but you still did great in my book.

PO - Congrats on your awesome tri!!!!

Lizo - OUCH on your fall. Take it easy girl!

MA - Hope you get good work stuff done today! Your cookies from FB are so cute. I will have to order some when I turn 30! Mine can be a wine glass, lol. Wino alert!

Sassy - Sorry about those Monday-ish events, yikes. How exciting about the house! I'm sure that's a great feeling (but scary!)

Outwest - enjoy that yoga. Did you design your own plan for the race?

Norcal - Taper is amazing! Congrats on that 10 miler! I'm totally focusing on the half for spring. I'm gunning for a huge PR and I think you will too!

Monk - Happy anniversary! Its always nice to get lots of stuff out of the way.

outwestrunner

Jewel - AAHHHH  I'm feeling your anxiety! You will do awesome!!  Re: the training plan, I came up with my own. I want to keep up with yoga and ST for my XT activities, maybe some hiking or swimming.. and then I"m going to focus on getting those long runs in over hilly terrain, have tempo runs on my regular hilly-ish trail routes, and then.. yeah, not sure. The long runs are my priority. Hill repeats sound like a good idea, too. I need to study the route more closely.

NC - Sorry your trip got canceled due to weather. It's rainy, etc., here, too. I saw your post on FB about not running for 3 days.. I feel weird about not running this morning!

Taylor - Well that's disappointing about your marathon but I'm sure you will bounce back and do well on your next attempt. Maybe take a break over winter to focus on school  more?