Womens Running

TURNING TUESDAY DIVAs! (Read 21 times)

LucyBelle

Good morning! It is very chilly here too...it says it is 18 degrees right now but "feels like" 3!

RR: Got in 2.5 miles last night and I'm glad I did because the rest of the week is supposed to be SOOOO cold that I may not want to run outside! Tonight will be upper body + core ST.

NRR: I have nothing interesting to put here! Just working today, the usual. Still trying to avoid CRF's cold...I feel a little congested in my sinuses today but I think that's more due to the dry air in the apartment that an illness. I'm popping zinc and echinacea drops like crazy! One of my coworkers is sick with a cold, too, and yesterday was coughing all over the place without covering his mouth. Gross. Hope I stay healthy!

LucyBelle

A few personals off the top of my head...

Outwest: Haha when I first read your post I thought you said "I am going to buy a new pair of shoes every day" rather than "I am going to buy a new pair of every day shoes." I was like whoa...why!?!?!? I think I need more coffee...

MArunner: Wow that IS crazy to think you won't have another week day off without a baby! But I am convinced you will love being a mom so much it'll come naturally to you and it will feel like baby C was always part of your life!

Sassy: I definitely think taking a SAHM day once in a while sounds like a great plan! It's like when you were in school and would take a "mental health day." (Am I the only one who did that?) Also, when we were in school, my mom would pick one day a year for each of us and pull us out of school and spend the whole day with us one-on-one doing something special. We LOOOOOVED that. So that was sort of a SAHM day for her, I guess? Such a cool idea!

Meli: What will your volunteering at the children's hospital entail?

Blu: Does everyone in the minimalist group wear minimalist shoes? What kind do you have?

GSD: Aw, M is getting to be such a big girl! I hope the T appointment goes well today.

Jewel: If I were you and had gone into the office when nothing is working, I probably would have left, LOL. Kudos to you for actually getting work done. Hope today's not too bad!

LucyBelle

POrun: I'm sorry you have to have your thyroids removed, but hopefully that will resolve any cancer-scare issues. Will you have to take some sort of medication to simulate the hormones the thyroids make?

Monk: Hooray for a new stove! New appliances are always exciting in adulthood...kind of sad...LOL.

KLMC: I've been doing food prep lately too and it's so helpful! You had a great weekend workout-wise, I'm impressed!

Sorry if I missed anyone...

melrunner

PO I meant the tri in April. Sorry I'm a clutz! Sorry about the upcoming surgery. But that's great you're cancer free.

Blu your run sounded gorgeous yesterday! How's school this semester?

KLMC I love swimming Mondays after my long run and long bike on the weekends!  I made cauliflower soup but it wasn't too tasty. Oh well!!

So ill end up running tonight 4 since all I had to do today was a 2 hour training.

TraiNing went well. Lots to digest. Also we're right next to the oncology unit and I got to go in and see some of the children. So so sad.

have a great day!

outwestrunner

Mel/KLM - I made a roasted asparagus and cauliflower soup this weekend, but could barely finish a bowl last night. Maybe I just wasn't that hungry, or it's really filling.

Lucy - Yeah right! If it's taken me this long to get regular every day shoes, how could I possibly find shoes to buy every day?

melrunner

Lucy I am going to be in the gastro unit ( child life services) playing with kids and hanging out with them Every Tuesday from 6-9. I hope DF feels better. I also read that plae was going to buy a new pair of shoes every day!!

NorCal

Morning girls!

RR. RICE-ing. Oh it's so fun.... Roll eyes Abs and arms today. My leg is on RICE all week, at least until Sunday. And the 30K trail race is off. Sad Getting a massage, focused on calf work, tomorrow, hoping that will help.

NRR. Phone interview got rescheduled until tomorrow. Applying for 1-2 more jobs today. And then working tonight and going to Costco on my way home, since I won't be running after work...

PO- My lifelong BFF had her thyroid removed due to cancer when she was 29 and after a couple of years figuring our meds, etc, she is now totally back to normal. I hope your surgery goes well and you know we are here for you!

Meli- Love your pics on FB, what fun vacations you have had this holiday season, lucky!

Jewel- Oh gosh, hate when internet is out, ruins everything! Hope you get a lot done today!

Monk- Glad babymoon was good!!! Bummer about the car, tho.

OWR- Congrats on the awards, no doubt you deserved them! Also, 0 deg? Holy hell.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

NorCal

A few personals off the top of my head...

Outwest: Haha when I first read your post I thought you said "I am going to buy a new pair of shoes every day" rather than "I am going to buy a new pair of every day shoes." I was like whoa...why!?!?!? I think I need more coffee...

LOL, I like this idea!!! 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

Lucy - you know, I've actually thought about doing that with G! (taking him out of school one day a year). I totally took mental health days in high school!

MA - that's great that you will have one day a week with the baby! When did you decide that?  will it be the same day every week?

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

MA runner girl

Sassy - I have never wanted to be a full time working mom. I'd rather work less, but we can't really afford it and my boss's boss said I have to work at least 32 hours. My mom worked part time and nights as a nurse so she was always home with us, and I wanted that for my kids too, but I'm not in a profession conducive to that, obviously. I'm planning on having Fridays off, which will be nice. Plus, I'll be at home on Mondays so I can do laundry then, and have more time for fun on Fridays Smile

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16