Womens Running

Doing the Charleston Friday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

Have fun Tessa and Marjorie!

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning.

Tessa got in, met the pups. We took her to a little place near here to eat. There was a musician performing in the bar area. He was a bit loud but the food was good. Dh us working.  We have the expo later and exploring Charleston.

Marjorie

TGIF!  I was a bit out of sorts last night so I took an USDO today.  I think my head needed a day off.  Better today.  Will do core when I get home.  Hoping to leave work at lunch and knock out 3 batches of marmalade and I will be done with it.

Tessa and Marjorie--have a great race tomorrow!  I'm doing a local 10k and need to get in a bike ride.

Have a great weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  It's Ladies' FE weekend!  Hope we see a lot of pics.

5 miles for me tonight.

Lisa, morning!

Marjorie, awww, meeting the pups.  Enjoy the expo!

Sue, glad you feel better today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Morning, ladies! I'm going to take advantage of this day off with nothing to do and get a lot done! I will be doing a bit of work if I ever get a response back from the guy I'm working with on a couple things. Other than that, I'm cleaning and getting rid of crap and maybe a little shopping and running 5-6 this afternoon when it's 44 and sunny out. Since I pretty much just slept through my last two weekends, I need this! Yes, I'd rather be at the expo and sightseeing with Marjorie and Tessa, but I'm going to make the best of this and stop feeling sorry for myself.

DH talked to both the builder and the movers yesterday and, yikes, this move is happening soon. Cabinets, tile and paint all done, grading of the yard done, pretty much just landscaping and final details to go. Hoping to get a firm date today, then will schedule an inspector to do a walkthrough, and flights for a week later to close. Mid to late February expected for final closing date.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Tessa and Marjorie...enjoy the sightseeing and expo!  sounds so fun.

Karen...you sound much better than you did a couple of days ago!  Hope you have a great day and run!

Did my WT this morning.  Three day weekend!  Yay!

Morning Damaris and Lisa

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.1 with Tessa nice little run down the bike path and cutting through a neighborhood then back home. Eating bagels and will go to the expo in a bit

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Headed to the expo! We did a nice 6 something. Raining much of the night but now the sun is coming out. Must be my Malibu Marathon shirt!

Mmm, Susan ' s marmalade.

Karen, exciting, almost done!

Tessa/Marjorie-the coast to coast ladies!

Karen-that is coming soon!

Sue-back at it today. Your body probably needed it too.

did my lower body/ab workout at gym, 10 min on bike, then had 10 minutes so thought I'd see about that 10% incline.  Turns out the TM goes up to 13% incline.  3.0 mph and climbed Mount PF for .5 miles.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

They found a nodule on hubby's prostate.  He is too young for prostate cancer, damn it!  He needs a biopsy and his TSA to check for cancer.  I had stomach issues all day, but did my 5.  I needed the relief.

Karen, hope you enjoyed your day off!

Ginny, yay at the 3 day weekend!  Nice WT session.

Marjorie and Tessa, running with friends is the best.  Pics!

Lisa, nice job.  Are you meeting K this weekend?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Damaris-sorry to hear about your stress.  prayers that it's stress over nothing serious.  K (assuming you mean my usual run buddy) and I running Sat and Sun I believe.  I'll get to hear about Bandera.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Spent long time at expo then walked all over downtown. Karen and Lisa thought of you when we stopped at the place that makes their own ice cream. Karen they had cookies at the expo but we didn't want to pay $3 for a cookie that wasn't that big. We did take a picture of the cookies. No pics of us yet.

Funny Tessa and I wore the exact same running shoe (and color of the shoe) when we ran today!

Damaris she got a pair of Hokas at the expo for only $70. Amazing price for sure

Hope dh is okay

carb loading at the Italian restaurant we like not too far from the house. It was good

I will take pics at the start tomorrow and finish. There is much more parking at the start so I will shuttle to the finish. When Tessa finishes we will shuttle back to the start then home.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, I'm sorry to read this. I will keep your DH in my prayers.

Marjorie and I did indeed walk all over downtown. The architecture is incredible. Lovely old houses. And we shopped all over the expo and the market. I spotted Hokas and bought them. Then we were talking to one of the volunteers, she saw the box and asked about them, and in short order she was over at Fleet Feet trying on a pair on the clearance table in her size.

It is going to be chilly tomorrow, but not raining, thank goodness.