Womens Running

Warm Me Up Monday Supermoms (Read 17 times)

runnergirl9508

What an awesome running weekend for the supermoms! So many great races and PR's!

RR: quick run btw clients this morning- probably 4-5 miles. I ended up going for a nice long walk with DH, R and the dog yesterday. I was tempted to run, but it had been 2 weeks since my last RD from running, so I rested.

TR: was up at 5am yesterday- oof! But he fell asleep late for his nap, and went to bed at normal time so i'm hoping he sleeps until 6am for DH today. He found a plastic easter bucket that MIL had given him last year and was carrying it around the house filling it up with all sorts of treasures.

NRR: the weekend went too fast- I want a do-over! DH is almost finished with the taping and sanding in the living room- can't wait to paint and put the new light fixtures up, and hang pictures back on the walls!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - SRD, hot tubbin', compression sockin', race report writin'. 5K of downhill = murdered quads.

TR#1 - the pumpkin is starting to get black mold, and B was poking it, saying "yucky!" so I told him that yucky pumpkins need to be thrown out. "ok!" yay!

TR#2 - DH was having a really good TM run, so I went into the TM room and said "good job!" and B clapped and said, "good job daddy!" Then when DH finished, B ordered him, "sit down, NOW!"

FR - fried noodles, veggies, tofu.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - 4ish later today, probably w. the stroller - scratch that!  My foot was a bit achy when I woke up but I thought it would go away.  It seems worse now than when I got up.  I am so nervous about making it worse...may be another rest day for me.

NRR - still need to get my eyebrows fixed up.  lots of domestic duties to do today too.

FR - pork tenderloin, roasted veggies

KR - yep, up early here too!  530 this morning.

rg - yay on the living room progress!!  That sanding dust can get everywhere!  Glad you took a rest day yesterday!  I don't think I will ever love running as much as you do Smile

zorbs - enjoy that R&R!  so, is DH feeling ready for Richmond now?  Cute about B, love that he is so concerned about his dad!

mrszackmorris

Quick qotd: dh and I decided to buy a tm since the one we have is old. Need some recommendations on your favorites. We are willing to drop $1000+ on it but do'nt want to buy without tips from my experts. Wink

Erniegirl

RR - Yoga for Runners. Need to sign up for that 10 mile race I'm planning to do in two weeks.

TR - We had friends over last night but she was acting like she was ready for bed at 8, so I started getting her ready. Once I had her pyjamas and diaper off, she took off and started streaking through the house and jumping all over the living room furniture butt naked. Our friends were dying of laughter.

FR - I'll throw together some quick omelettes after S's swimming lesson tonight.

NRR - Had a fun night last night but ended up staying up until 1 am and having a bit too much to drink. I hate starting off the week tired! I'm getting acupuncture later this morning, so maybe I can take a nap during Smile

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD, I'm going to ST in the gym.  I've been a bit lazy with core work so today my abs will pay.  Last week before taper!!!

TR - Goes from being a sweet charming loving little thing to being a little shit... good thing she knows the right balance!!  She slept in until 7 (which her body thought was 8) yesterday, hopefully she sleeps in well for DH today!

BR - I think she's finally on the mend.  She napped a lot yesterday, and woke up happier each time.  It's exhausting for me when she's fussy because she just wants mommy.

FR - freezer slow cooker orange beef.  I need to plan our week, maybe I'll end up grocery shopping tonight.

NRR - submitted an application for a job this weekend... fingers crossed that they call.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - buckets are a favorite toy in our house too... or lately baskets because they can be nests for us to lay eggs into.  Exciting on your living room, were you renoing something, or just giving it a face lift?

zorbs - congrats again on the PR!  Our pumpkin is so sad and aweful looking, I need to chuck it.

r-eh - yes, take care of that foot!  Awesome race this weekend!!

mzm - no advice, ours was used off CL.

ernie - lol on S's antics last night!  Oh how these kids love to be naked.  woah 1 am!?!  I don't even remember the last time I saw that side of the morning (and wasn't nursing a baby).  Hope you can nap at your appt!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - do you think if all weekends were 3 days, we'd wish for them to be 4?

eh - I would keep up with physio until Richmond.  I think he feels ready, but he is just afraid to run fast on race day.

mrszm - we have a Livestrong 13.0T and it is awesome, very smooth, feels like a commercial TM.  It was about $900 CAD on sale.

ernie - I was throwing down Caesars, wine and cava last night like there was no tomorrow, but I also chugged a ton of Gatorade, water, and 2 ibuprofen before bed and woke up even better than hangover free, clear headed and energetic!

CA - what's your planned mileage for this week? 85K?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - 80 ish K... depending on whether I LR 32 or 34-35k.  What do you do for the last LR, 32, or longer?

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

zorbs - 80 ish K... depending on whether I LR 32 or 34-35k.  What do you do for the last LR, 32, or longer?

36K...we were going to do 35, but the place where we chose to start is a straight road so we decided on 4x9K double out and back.  For my first 2 marathons, I went up to 35..then I thought I'd save my body the wear and tear and just run 32 since I knew I could cover the distance.  My spring marathon was Sam's 1st, hence the 36K but the extra 30 min of running/wear & tear is worth the mental boost.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR; 5 miles yesterday. SRD today

TR: Following me around asking me "What are you doing?" or "what happened?" constantly, and it gets super annoying. It kinda blows my mind how much he can say and understand. Is getting really good with counting- can mostly do 1-10, but he's really good with lining up and counting his cars up to 4.

FR: i think maybe teriyaki chicken tonight.

NRR: Bossman gone for a couple days, going to try to knock out some crappy busy work projects. Having to pin down DH to do house stuff because he feels like any time we have together is spent doing that.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl-  R seemed to do well with the time change, he was up a tad early for my liking but I don't think its going to be as rough a transition as spring. Wow, I can't run more than 3 days in a row without needing a rest day. I think the most I have ever done was 5-6 days but the mileage wasn't very high.

zorbs- We didn't carve ours, so the pumpkins are still chilling on the front porch. Every day when we come home, R says "Mama, punkins!!" like its a new discovery.

eh- I guess that's a perk of having blonde eyebrows- I never pluck. I actually have to fill them in for them to really even show up.

mzm- I've heard good things about SOLE treadmills.

Ernie- S must be a night owl, R went to bed at 7:30 with the time change.

CA- good luck with the job apps!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

nolamama

CQTM

Morning Ladies,

RR: Plan for today is Walk 3, Run 7, Walk 3, Run 7, Walk 3, Run 7. I'm supposed to start running every other day this week so I hope I'm ready!!

TR: Daylight savings has not been kind. She keeps waking up at 3am to play. Nope, not happening.

NRR: Super tired from an exhausting weekend.

RG: What color are you painting your living room?

Zorbs: Enjoy your rest day. Will you post a link to your RR?

r-eh: I hope your foot heals up. Hopefully another rest day will help.

Ernie: I hate starting off the week tired myself. I'm looking forward to an early dinner and bedtime tonight. I'm almost done with the book I'm reading and I can't wait to get into bed to finish it.

CAR: Glad O is feeling better. It is really hard when all they want is Mommy.

Spike: Good luck getting your house stuff done. I need a weekend to just get projects done but I don't see a free one in sight.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - thanks!  I think I'm going to try for 34-35k as long as I don't feel injured/completely dead.  My first 32 I felt really good, second one was blah, but waaaaay hillier... so hopefully the third is the charm.

spike - yeah, driving with a toddler is the most exhausting thing for me, she's always constantly asking me questions, why this what's that, etc, and there is no escape!  Awesome on the counting!!  My boss is gone for 2 weeks, ahhh, we have plans to get so much organized while he's out of the way.

nola - another 30 mile day! Wink I know you mean minutes... oh man yeah 3am is not cool.  Hope she gets that memo soon and lets you sleep.

superspike113

Honorary Old

NOLA- Good job on the walk/run ratios improving!  Unfortunately, DH is a procrastinator, and I'm more of a "get it done and out of the way person" so I feel like I'm nagging DH all the time. Its sounding like the new house should be ready for move in before Christmas, so I need him to buckle down and help me pick out carpet and cabinet knobs.

CA- Yeah the "what's that?!" A truck! A train!  This way? What doing? really gets old in the car. It also gets old in the kitchen when your toddler is crawling around your feet pretending to be a tiger and asking 1000 questions while you attempt to cook dinner without burning and permanently disfiguring him. I *may* have yelled "GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN!!!" at him this weekend.