Womens Running

Time to Run Tuesday Supermoms (Read 29 times)

BermyHorse

Mrszm – I cannot believe your kids were in nap-synch for so long. Tell me your secrets! You are one amazing mama to coordinate that one! We are not going to mount this TV as it will look good on the stand. DH is making a movie theatre upstairs I think so he will get a big TV for that one. Our only other choice for the room was above the fireplace and it’s stone and too high.

Rg – my legs feel dead after a rest day too. I guess that’s the muscle fibres healing?

Zorbs – I watched the movie, but I had my mac on silent so I was thinking “cute little boy sat still on chair” and then I read the comments. I guess it was all audible. Wish I had your DH today to do my about-house man-jobs.

Shelby – good luck with exam today. Very cute on speaking to his Dad on phone. Which fm are you doing?

QOTD – put the front bit on first then pull it tight over the hood with one hand holding hood down.

Ernie – your dinner sounds yum. Where do you get your recipes?

Jen – so glad your obs is over. If it’s done right it can really market you. Hope guy was ok and not too judgemental. I liked to see it as an hour inside the life of… and use it as an opportunity for (as well as content, teaching strategies, behavior management etc) advocating for the teacher – the things that were driving them crazy like the window that would bang in the wind or the student noise from next door etc and get those addressed.

Mer – we are on a ttc hiatus. I think I would have a nervous breakdown emigrating pg. DH and I purposefully missed our O this month to buy some more time!! I am so excited for you. It’s nice to hear you have an appetite. Have you been super sick?

Arm – going to buy a mattress this weekend so if you decide to stay there is another bed as well as Beckykay’s room. That flight sounds absolutely awful. I am glad you are safe. Which capris did you get?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - something, maybe a tempo'ish run.  I'm 'alone' with O today, so might run outside, but it snowed a few inches last night, so I'm debating, outside on the paths near home (don't know when/if they'll get plowed), driving to paths I know will be plowed or running on the treadmill while O naps.

TR - at gmas.  She was on nap strike for gma, but then asked to go to bed at  7:45, must have been tired, hopefully she slept in!

BR - really getting more social and loves to flirt with her daddy!  After she made strange at the church nursery she was a doll for the gym daycare - I guess she understands what mommy can and cannot miss Wink

FR - was going to do a pot roast but forgot to defrost it... I'll do the pot roast tomorrow and come up with something else for tonight.

RR2- rp just texted me and has found a trail run/road bike duathlon for the fall!  Fun!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- Appraisal for our home sale today, wish me luck!

runnergirl- hill repeats are one of my favorite workouts. Haven't done them in a long time because most of my miles are with a stroller. I haven't been sleeping well either.

zorbs- boo for a man cold in your house. Sorry B is so difficult Sad

Shelby- does H kiss the phone too? R does that when he talks to people on the phone, so cute!

Ernie- I hope R is in a good mood tonight because a stroller run is my only option.

Jen- mmm pizza. R has been a butt in the highchair the last few days- one time he bit his tongue and flipped out, so the injured lip is a definite possibility.

Mer- R is up between 5-6 am every day blerg! Hope you have a good "long ass day". Your outfit sounds cute, I'm wearing a dress today too. Glad you had a nice, content evening Smile

Bermy- I am not the person to ask about neighbor etiquette. DH flipped off the neighbors when they stared at us after moving in....  It will be easier in the springtime, I would just introduce myself when they are out in their yards.  I might need to get some of your silly-healthy recipes. I have a feeling that the Naturopath is going to tell me to cut out all grains or go gluten free when I see her on Saturday. I'm glad you are finding so much to do already, I went out of my way to welcome a gal that had moved here from WI a while back and we have had a couple playdates. We actually watch our smaller TV more than our big one, we are going to leave our enormous sectional and old rear projection big screen for the people who are buying our house.

armama- Boo for the bad flight, but yay for booze and lulu Smile

mzm- blerg, I hate slush!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

armmama - Sorry you had such a crappy flight.  I bet it feels good to be home!  I hope you enjoy your time with L today.  Your beer around the world sounds delicious! Think of all the calories you burned running your half...you were refueling! Smile

mrszmz - You are lucky  to have such great sleepers.  A co-worker of mine posted about her 3 year old who has officially given up naps.  Glad you got out for a run despite the conditions.  Probably was better than it will be tonight!  Parents schedule conferences with the homeroom teachers and I decide which ones I want to show up at.  J loves to talk about the "Ba" and point at himself and pull on his pants.  The other day we were at Wal-Mart and he said "Ba" and pointed and I asked if he was going to the bathroom and he nodded.  Lovely.

zorbs - I figure McD's can't be any worse than the Chinese that I had the other week which had me in the bathroom immediately!

spike - Sorry about the rough night.  I would have been pissed!  I hope AF shows up.  As much as it sucks, it seems to calm things down a little bit.  One of my students commented on my shoes with my dress.  I told them that I have heels in my office because I didn't think parents would share the love for the Toms.  Its all about comfy for me.  Well, that and being warm hence the sweater over the dress as well as the fleece jacket!

bermy - I have been really nauseaous with gagging, but no puking.  I gagged on my run yesterday because of a diesel truck that was running and the smell was horrible.  Appetite usually isn't an issue for me...its whether I honor it or not.  However, when I am pg, it is game on to eating...DH goes a good job helping with that too!  We met our neighbors through chance and didn't really go out of our way to introduce ourselves.  DH is very reserved, I am a little more outgoing, but still don't love walking up to people and introducing myself.

CAR -  Enjoy your day with O.  I am hoping my MIL will take J once or twice a week when the baby is here just to give us some time.  He loves being there too and I want things to be as "normal" for him as they can with a new addition!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - YAY, love hill repeats! Hope today is a great running day. Sounds like a great time at the park! I can't wait for summer.

zorbs - I don't usually catch dh's man sick, I don't let him get anywhere near me, and he has a much weaker immune system.

shel - ugh on the early morning! Don't sweat the personals!

ernie - ugh on the uncooperative stroller baby! M often cried for parts of our stroller runs but mainly when she was tired, so she'd cry and just fall asleep and be good to go. Now I can negotiate with her Smile

Jen - weird on the meltdown - things get easier when they can tell you what's wrong.

mer - M's gma worked on so much with her, it was cool and sometimes surprising! I hope your long day goes by quickly.

bermy - are you going to look for a coach in nashville? Target is opening here this spring, it's all very exciting! Smile I'd love to have you cooking your hot body diet for me! I had chips (UK - crisps Smile ) last night and felt like crap all night, back to clean diet today.

arm - wow nice work on the sub 2 in the heat! Wow on the bad flight! Glad you got your drink and made it through the next one!

mzm - woah 3.5 hrs! I have to wake up M after 90 minutes if I have any hope of her sleeping at night, so that's my max if I time everything right.

spike - ugh on the sleep... weird that he wouldn't sleep. I hope AF arrives and gets it over with so you can feel better! Good luck on the appraisal!

TR update - got a call that I can get in early to the dentist - um YAY? - tomorrow, so M is staying another night at gmas!  I'm eating healthy tonight so that I can sleep well - ugh, I'm officially old as eating junk gives me a bad sleep.  I always remember my mom saying that and now it's me...

beckykay

Ugh, we had a 2 hour delay for RAIN!  AGAIN!!!!!!  Super behind this morning but at least I got the dishes done before work.

RANT WARNING~ DH let C sleep while I was at my massage and running errands last night.  He slept from 6-8 pm.  Yeah, guess who didn't want to sleep last night after than.  1 a.m. the kid finally falls asleep.  DH will be dead if he does it again.

RR:  6 on tap for tonight.

NRR:  Trying to get happy today, I need to stop being cranky.  Migraine coming on and work is crazy.  Not busy, but just crazy people.

BermyHorse

DS is napping, yay. Might just sit down. I know that doesn't sound like me but I am busted. Container store guy is still installing DH's office. Glad DH didn't do it as it has taken 3 hours this morning and the guy has been working hard at it. I am impressed.

CA - what pace are you running your tempo now? Just wanna know so I can keep up with you.

Spike - good luck with appraisal. Would love you to give me your thoughts on sewing machines. Any anyone else lurking who might have an opinion.

becky - so not cool on late napping. take something for that migraine. Look after yourself becky. eat right, go for a run.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - not sure in pace per mile but I've been running 7-7.2 mph on treadmill or 5:20/km pace.

BermyHorse

CA - Nice pace. I didn't know you had a blog. LOVE IT! You have a very appealing natural written style. LOVE the photos of your ravioli! What fun! Can you post recipe sometime pls?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - just started the blog last week, thought it would be nice to have a central location to ramble on Smile. Recipe links are on the blog, let me know if you don't see them and I'll post them on fb.

Erniegirl

Bermy - Bummer on DH's stuff not arriving in one piece or going missing. Sounds stressful. I think your neighbours should introduce themselves to you, no? We always go over and introduce ourselves when we see new people moving in on the street. I subscribe to a couple of magazines that have good recipes. I also cook a fair bit of Korean food, which I learned from an ex-boyfriend's mother.

Jen - The lip thing totally makes sense for J's meltdown during dinner. It can hurt when you have a cut on your lip and try to eat! BBQ chicken pizza sounds yummy!

Mer - Impressive pace you're keeping! It's great that you are feeling content right now. I would totally go for McDonald's over the questionable catered meal. Something about having to work late makes fast food seem warranted!

Arm - Way to squeak in a sub-2 hour finish! Oh wow, that Epcot beer around the world sounds AMAZING. Totally worth the excess calories!

Mrszm - Ugh, sounds like a soggy miserable run you had. At least it was a short one. 3.5 hour nap all at the same time is amazing!

Zorbs - Ooh, that tilapia sauce you described sounds really good. How do you make it? Korean style spinach is with soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and garlic. Sometimes i throw in some red pepper flakes. Basically like the spinach they bring to the table at Korean restaurants except I serve it hot instead of cold.

Spike - Wow, your DH has to get up early for work. What time does he go to bed? I hope your stroller run today goes better than mine...today S completed melted down after 25 minutes. I'm beginning to think my stroller running days are over. She just does not want to sit for long.

CA - Duathalon sounds cool! Have you done one before? Good that you got in early to the dentist - hope it's quick and painless!

Becky - 1 a.m.???? That is brutal. I hope you made DH stay up with him. What is up with the two hours delays for rain? How hard is it raining?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

spike - the material I sent you - is that called jersey? I wanted to make another but have not got many patches left - I wanted to buy some material to patch up now.

CA - I see cooking but not recipes. I might be looking in wrong place. Is it on sidebar?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Jess - links are on FB now... sorry they weren't obvious on the post.  I also forgot I was going to comment on DH's lost computer equipment, we once had servers hijacked by terrorists in south america when setting up a field site... so I do  know his pain Smile

Ernie - I've done a sprint tri, and did a bike race (100km) two summers ago, this bike is *only* 18kms so it shouldn't be too bad, the hard thing is getting into a running groove after biking, and having your legs going in circles for the bike.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - buy the pre-roasted red pepper from the antipasto bar (anything not in vinegar) and puree with hand blender.  Heat lightly in pan, add a splash or 2 of wine.  that's it!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- R was so good in the stroller until I took away the pacifier, now its hit or miss. I keep some books and toys in the stroller for entertainment. He seems to do better when its light out and he can see his surroundings, and I always make sure he has a full tummy. DH is a hydroelectric powerplant operator so he works 12 hour shifts from 6-6 and rotates between days and nights. He's very much a night person and on days gets home right around 7 pm (hour+ long commute), so he doesn't usually go to bed until 9:30-10:30.  When he's on nights he goes straight to bed when he gets home at 7 am and then sleeps til around 2 pm. I work very hard to support his schedule so when he works a Night/Weekend shift, I pretty much leave the house for the weekend and do trips to the park/playdates/errands/visit family like I did 2 weekends ago.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07