Womens Running

Foggy Fall Friday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

runnergirl9508

RR/ER: teaching bootcamp this morning, and hoping to squeeze in 4ish miles between training clients afterwards. I have to teach boot camp at friend's studio, then drive up to the gym for a 30-minute client, then back to friend's studio for a 45 minute client.

TR: is so fun of learning all sorts of new things every day. He loves to gather pinecones, sticks, leaves, acorns, etc when we go for a walk. It's cute to see him try to carry all that stuff!

NRR: mom is coming today!!! I think we'll go to a fall farm days festival tomorrow with R, they have a bunch of animals there, hayrides, pumpkin patch, and more.

Have a great day, ladies!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - SRD, hot tub.  My SI joint still feels like it's been hit by a truck, but at least the glute twinges have lessened (not gone away completely)

TR - panicking over his lack of potty training and horrendous eating habits.  I'm afraid I enable the eating habits a little bit.

FR - skillet kale carbonara again.

NRR - still don't know whether or not to go to the Thanksgiving thing and completely depressed about it.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 8k. Yesterday afternoon, there were swarms of ladybugs out that kept flying up my clothes and biting me, so I am hoping they are not out when I run.

TR - Some of the school-aged kids on the street were playing tag yesterday. She obviously didn't understand the game, but wanted to be a part of it, so was just running around in circles near them.

FR - Frozen cannelloni, salad (and then ketchup chips and beer for Netflix watching after S is in bed Big grin)

NRR - TGIF! I am really happy the weekend is almost here and DH will be home all weekend. S has four molars coming through at once and has been sleeping and eating poorly and acting like a menace this week, so I am really tired and will be happy to have help with her this weekend!

~~~

rg - Are the gym and studio near each other or do you have a long drive between clients? Sounds like a perfect gift for R would be his own wheelbarrow! I love fall festivals. I think we are going to go to one this weekend, too.

zorbs - Yum, that skillet carbonara is good. Is the Thanksgiving dinner far away from you? Can you take separate cars so that you can make an appearance for awhile but leave early?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - just ST/core

TR - I'm feeling at my wits end with the after daycare meltdowns.  The last few days hadn't been as bad and I thought we had turned a corner but last night was just AWFUL.    Normally she's difficult before and during dinner, but last night she wouldn't stop crying and shrieking after dinner... an hour and a half she carried on.   We tried everything we could think of to get her to calm down, including Advil for her teeth.  It's so exhausting to deal with this day after day.  Reminds me of C's first 3 months, when she had acid reflux/colic and the crying was non-stop....

NRR - our catered Thanksgiving lunch was delicious.  However, I was pretty grossed out by my co-workers who stuffed themselves as if they'd never eaten before and then wouldn't stop talking about food all afternoon.  The ones fixated on food also happen to be overweight (think bordering on obese) and don't exercise.

Have the afternoon off... running errands, of course!

rg - whew, that's a lot of driving!  Have a great time with your mom!

zorbs - was thinking along the same lines as ernie, that maybe you could take separate cars to the event so you could leave when you're ready?

ernie - glad you'll have help this weekend... I seriously admire all the single moms or moms who are constantly alone with their kids, because it's so hard doing it on your own!  Really, ladybugs on your run?!  I usually encounter mosquitoes...

armmama

RR - 5 marathon pace miles this morning.  It was dark the entire time, I guess the sun is coming up later and later!  I've been bringing a little flashlight but I still stepped on a few sticks and acorns.  I'm so paranoid of twisting an ankle.

ER - tennis match this morning.  DH and I also joined a mixed league and we play together Sunday night.  I hope it goes OK, he's a lot better than I am and gets a little frustrated playing with me sometimes.

BR - so out of sorts yesterday.  I feel like a broken record, he's just so crabby lately and yesterday wouldn't nap.  Hoping it's something simple like teeth coming in and he'll be all better in a little while.

KR - all 3 girls were supposed to sell stuff for a school fundraiser but no one sold anything so last night we quick bought a few things and had our moms buy some stuff.  I hate these school fundraisers.  We also need to sell wreaths for swim club and we get charged $150 if we don't sell 18 of them, so I will be making DD go out and sell those at least!

FR - have a school party tonight with pizza, but hoping the kids will eat there and then the adults can go out for a better meal.  My mom and dad will be here, not sure they can wait that long to eat dinner though.  School party goes until 8:00.

NRR - I ended up making it to both IKEA and Athleta yesterday.  DIdn't buy much at IKEA but could have bought up the store at Athleta.  Thankfully (for my wallet) L was being a crab so I only had time to try on a couple things.  Whenever the new season's stuff comes out at stores I want to buy everything.

rg - yay for mom coming!  My mom and dad are coming today too, but then my dad will leave Sunday and my mom is staying for a few extra days.  Not that I don't like him to visit too, but my mom tends to be more helpful to me when she's here by herself.  Smile I need to find a good fall festival around here, L would have a blast!  Sounds like you have a busy day!

zorbs - glad your glute is feeling better!  I'm sure I enable bad eating habits, sometimes I just want them to be quiet so I give them whatever.  I hope you get Thanksgiving figured out.

ernie - I am wondering if molars are L's problem this week too.  I am ready for him to be back to his normal self again!  Ketchup chips?

Cx2 - ugh, so sorry about the toddler meltdowns.  They are so hard.  Your Thanksgiving story reminded me of a person I saw last week while I was out running.  She was on the heavier side and out for a walk but eating what looked like a chocolate chip muffin while she was walking.  I was like... really?

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Yeah, didn't happen yesterday.  Had to work late Sad  trying for a few today.

TR:  So stinkin cute.  Calls up my baby sister and tells her to wake up so she can Skype with him this morning.  He needs to show her his latest lego creation.

NRR:  Having mild anxiety over trying get everything done.

FR:  Dinner at RP house.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - wow that is a lot of driving around! I used to teach piano only at student's houses..I had them scheduled with 5 min of travel time (the people lived pretty close to each other) but I would ALWAYS be stuck behind the world's slowest driver or horrid traffic and never got to the next place on time.

ernie - I would take ladybugs over mosquitoes ANY day!

cx2 - DH and I used to get a craving for Mandarin about once a year, so we'd go...and the thing that would gross us out the most was the obese people stuffing their faces.  We don't go to Mandarin any more.

arm - I would LOVE to go to Athleta! but I think my bank account would suffer...Ketchup chips are a very Canadian Thing.

becky - are you job hunting?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

strollermama

Good morning ladies!

RR:  Didn't end up getting a run in yesterday because I didn't want to shower again before picking up DH.  Hoping for 8-10 today (which is a very lofty goal).

TR:  So happy to have his daddy here.  He is showing him everything and talking up a storm.  They have been working on counting and colors in Spanish, so he likes to say "azul".

NRR:  Hoping to get some stuff done around the house - install dog doors, some painting, etc - and then go to the zoo if the weather permits.  AF is scheduled to arrive today.  I hope it isn't late like last month because I felt crappy the whole week.

RG - Enjoy the time with you mom.  That fall farm days festival sounds great!

zorbs - Have you posted that recipe?  Sounds delicious.

ernie - Gross on he ladybugs!  Haha on her playing tag.  Sounds exactly like something H would do.  Glad your DH will be home all weekend.  Has he been traveling a lot?

cx2 - I am so sorry about the meltdowns.  I really don't have much of anything to add, but am sending hugs your way.  The catered lunch sound delish.  I have never understood why people overstuff themselves at Thanksgiving.  It's not like you can't have leftovers...

arm - You get charged $150 if you don't sell?  That is crazy!  There are so many fundraisers now, it is a little ridiculous.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Sounds like a busy morning for you!  Sounds like a fun day planned tomorrow.

zorbs - I hope your SI stays back in place and  your glutes relax!  We were invited to my brothers IL's thanksgiving but I've decided to be anti social.

ernie - do lady bugs bite??  I had no idea.  MMMM Ketchup chips, now I want some!  What are you watching on netflix?

cx2 - sorry about the meltdowns Sad  YUM on the thanksgiving lunch, but ugh on the unhealthy coworkers, most of mine are also unhealthy and it grosses me out.

arm - Yeah it's super dark here too!  yikes on the school sales, I am not good at that stuff, I'd rather pay the cash than beg people to buy crap.

becky - suck that you had to work and missed your run... yay for dinner at RP's though!

stroller - HA, I just wouldn't have showered... but I'm gross like that, and see my DH everyday, so he just get's to smell my stinky self Wink  M keeps counting and doing things in spanish (from diego) and I have no idea what she's talking about!  Have a great weekend with DH!!

and for me:
                    RR - undecided... my body still feels a bit beat up from the two big weeks and the massage.  I have a trail race on Sunday, but it's just 12k, so I'd like to get a bit more mileage in this week, but also wonder if maybe I should let my body recover more because I have two more big weeks scheduled before the next cutback.  So trying to decide if I should do some easy miles today or tomorrow or GASP take 2 whole days off.

TR - was awake when I was getting ready to leave again this morning.  This girl is going to be tired!  Maybe that means she'll sleep in nice and late tomorrow?

BR - was sooooo good last night.  We went out for supper and it took a long time to get our food and she was happy and flirting with me, then ate a ton of supper (after eating 2 crackers, 2 baby crackers, most of a cheese stick), and then when we got home she ate an entire banana.

FR - bagel friday!  took a casserole out of the freezer last night, hopefully it's thawed and cooks fast tonight since I won't be home until 5.

NRR - picked up dh's new car last night. It was a bit of a nightmare... it was pouring rain and traffic was HORRIBLe, so we opted to stop and grab dinner at the beginning of the drive, and dinner was slow, then traffic was still terrible, so it was 7:30 by the time we got to the car (had picked up the kids at 5), then on the way home it was raining even harder, O was sleeping, but M was talking my ear off and getting whiny and tired, I drove through some standing water and my SUV fishtailed on the freeway (OMG!!!), so yeah, it was crazy.  By the time we got home and got the kids in bed I was exhausted.  I installed two carseats in DH's new car in the rain and got my stuff together to go to bed, but it took forever to fall asleep.  I think I still had adrenaline in my system from the drive.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Going to run after work with RP before picking up R from daycare 6-7 miles.

TR: Talking about emotions a lot- the past day or so the emotion of the day was "Scared." Went to my sister's house and she has a mastiff/lab mix that is huge and R was scared of Kevlar even though he's about the nicest dog I ever met- he's just enormous. This morning he was crying about being scared of his bed. Only one accident a day the past couple days, if he can keep this up, I know he can do dry days. He stayed dry all night as well (though I still put a diaper on him).

FR: Still eating leftover meatloaf.

NRR: DH is going deer hunting this weekend. So I'm on my own, ugh.   Getting caught up on some stuff since internet has been down for a couple days at work, will try to do personals later.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

cx2 - Sorry the meltdowns are still happening. Sounds like she might have to go straight to bed after dinner for the time being. Ugh, I don't know how people can stuff themselves at lunch like that and then go back to work! Right now we have tons of lady bugs, mosquitoes and wasps - an trio of evil!

arm - Are there no streetlights where you run? I don't much like running in the dark here, either, because I would have to do the same 3k loop over and over to stay under streetlights. Otherwise it is country roads that are pitch black and likely have coyotes lurking. Sorry L is so out of sorts. Definitely could be molars! S is still napping, thankfully, but not very well or enough because she is cranky after her naps. I always forget that ketchup chips are a Canadian thing only. They sound weird but are delicious!

stroller - I was thinking you'd be hoping for AF to stay away during DH's visit, but feeling crappy until she arrives would be even worse! So cute that H wants to show his daddy everything and chat up a storm with him. My DH hasn't been travelling but has been working very long hours this past week which has made for some very long evenings alone with S while she's whiny.

CA - I don't think regular red ladybugs bite. But we have had asian ladybugs here for about 10 years. They are an invasive species and breed like crazy when we get warm fall weather like we've been having. They are orange and love to swarm and bite. I am currently on season 4 of Dexter on Netflix. Are you watching anything good these days? I would err on the side of taking it easy if you are already beat up. Better to have fresher legs for your trail race - which is going to beat you up some more,even if it's just 12k! Ugh, driving in torrential downpours like that is scary! Glad you all made it home in one piece!

spike - I would be scared of that enormous dog, too! Sorry you're on your own this weekend. Does DH going hunting mean you'll have a freezer full of meat soon?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- He's going deer hunting but decided not to go for Elk. If he gets one, we'll probably turn most of it into Jerky and pepperoni.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

stroller - I did post it before but here it is again: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/09/spaghettie-carbonara-with-kale-recipe.html

CA - I have orders from physio to ice my SI, don't cross my legs, and try not to twist my hips so the SI has a chance to settle.  It was SO hard to teach piano last night and not twist or cross my legs.  Good thing you didn't have a fishbowl drink if the driving conditions were that bad!

spike - I loled at a dog named Kevlar.  You must be sick of meatloaf!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - As I sit here with my legs crossed... so hard not to do!! yeah, I just had a pint of beer, and then it was an hour before I had to drive, but a fish bowl would not have been a good idea!

ernie - ah dexter, love it!  We just finished watching homeland season 1 (the following seasons aren't on netflix yet) and it's awesome!  Now we're catching up on californication, which is also great - dirty but good Wink

spike - M has been in a phase lately where she uses emotions like that to manipulate us... she'll notice that if she says she's scared that we'll respond quickly to her, so then next time she wants to get our attention she'll say 'you're scaring me' - frustrating bc we don't know when she actually means what she's saying!  Nice job R on the pt'ing!  Boo to DH leaving you on your own this weekend!  Hopefully you can find something fun to entertain R and you!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

RR: track workout. Did 2m w/u easy (low 8s) and then 4x1200m at 5k race pace and 2m c/d. I was aiming for 6.45s but i ended up running faster and finished with a 6.32. My 1000s in that 1200m were 4.05, 4.03, 4.07, 4.03. That's the consistently fastest I have ever run bermy 1000s for sure, and ironic that they were part of a longer workout. 2.30mins rest between intervals. Ran in a yellow bra top which matches my racing flats and looked a bit flashy. Luckily there was noone on the track or trail except me. It was surprisingly hot - 80 degrees. I seem to run faster when I match.

NRR: the new RP I ran with yesterday texted me already and she has found a mom's group she wants to join and gave me instructions on what to do to enroll first. She is right on top of it, which I love as I am usually always the right on top of it person in a partnership. Nice. And a very good sign. Playground, indoor play centre, lots of playing.

TR: Obsessed with the cement mixers outside. And all I want to do is stay inside or go out to avoid workmen.

FR: eating wild italian rice and chicken crock pot mixture. DH can just about eat now. His lip was so swollen and there are a ton of stitches inside. I bought a Jillian Michaels eating plan book and will work my way through that. I love reading new ideas on eating esp by people who have lovely bodies.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31