Womens Running

Mighty Monday Supermoms (Read 19 times)

runnergirl9508

Brrr, another chilly start!

RR: planning on squeezing in as many miles as I can btw PT clients this morning- so 3.5-5 depending on time and road conditions. Hoping they cleared the roads well enough that I don't have to worry too much about ice.

TR: loved playing outside in the snow all weekend. He was really good for us, too. Happy little man. I keep telling him that Santa is coming to bring him presents, and will take away his diapers, bwahaha. We're starting to potty train after we get back from all the holiday traveling. I did't want to deal with it while we were driving all over and staying at different houses each night.

NRR: need to run errands and finish shopping today.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 4 miles.  I hope the sidewalks are cleared because I can't run on the middle of the street like I could yesterday morning.

TR - has his first recital at music class tonight.

FR - sausages, butternut squash soup.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - Probably only have time for about 5k but I am getting out there for sure! There was lots of tobogganing and snow shoveling this weekend, but no running.

TR - Was so tired last night, so I thought she would sleep in but, nope, up at 5:30 am. She wouldn't go back to sleep, but wanted to snuggle for the past two hours. So I am tired, but well-snuggled 

FR - Forgot to meal plan, so I'll have to figure something out. Or pizza.

NRR - Another crazy busy but fun weekend. I love the Christmas season. We had friends over Friday night, baked cookies Saturday, went to a Christmas party Saturday night, went tobogganing on Sunday and then went to the ILs for an early Christmas celebration with them since they are going to Florida for six weeks.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RR - ST'ing at the gym... going to do a hard workout, I feel soft and don't like it. Massage this afternoon.
          TR - Her elf finally came last night... Santa has poor staff locally, they are very disorganized.
          BR - still sleeping. She was so cranky yesterday when we first arrived at my parents for dinner but then after she ate, she was hilarious, such a card.
          NRR - my parents are here!! Their moving truck arrives today. We ate dinner on the floor yesterday, the kids all played, it was fun. It's about a 45 min drive but much better than the 6 hrs they were before. AND my dad said that one of his first tasks is to fix my ice maker in my fridge. I'm going to make sure he's never bored 

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  RD I guess.  I am on an every other day streak until we figure things out and I can get really running again.  Started talking to DH about a spring Half.

RR#2:  I ran yesterday.  It was 8 with a wind chill of -11.  I did not enjoy it.  I was happy to be out and moving, but the conditions were horrible.  I was dressed appropriately and not cold, but couldn't breathe.  Running into the wind was the worst.  I got it done though.

BR:  Was super fussy last night, needed to be rocked until 10pm to get to sleep, up at 3, fed again at 5, up at 6:10 for the day.

TR:  Up at 6:25 for the day.  Had a great time playing with his friend last night.  They are too cute.  They decorated cookies for all of 10 minutes but had a blast!

NRR:  Still trying to find my footing with working and having two kids plus having things ready for the hoilday's and running in between.  I also hate the mommy belly that I am still rocking and the way my clothes fit.

FR:  Ordered in pizza last night.  It was kind of cold, but good.  I also made the pretzel with a kiss in the middle melted and M&M.  Super good.

Be back when I pump for personals.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR:  probably not happening

TR: vomiting all night. Started a little after 11 pm and we finally got some sleep between 3-630. He would start screaming/panicking/tantruming and trying to run around right before he puked. I am washing the most rank load of laundry ever right now.

FR: Last night was roasted chicken and sweet potatoes. I roasted 2 chickens so that I have meat for 2 more meals with the same effort of cooking one.

NRR: Sounds like the house is getting close to ready for us to move in. FInal appliance being installed today and the carpet will be installed Thursday/Friday. Was pleased to find out that the builder hires cleaners to come in and make it move in ready- Music to my ears! We found a couple little things that were wrong, like 2 light fixtures that were transposed and some drawers that weren't opening and closing right.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

rg- good luck on the PT front!  R went 11 days without accidents and regressed a bunch. He announced he was pooping in his diaper yesterday Sad

zorbs- do you do your bnut squash soup creamy? The only chunk-less soup I will eat is tomato, anything else is kinda gross to me.

ernie- R never sleeps in even when he's tired. He only got like 6 hours of sleep last night and still woke up pretty early.

CA- are your parents excited about the move? They will be like 30 minutes away, right?

Mer- Mmmmm pizza.... I have a hard time getting out the door even with one kid and not pumping, I think I would have to get up at 5 am every day.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

rg - What are your plans for PTing?  A boot camp, just trying underwear and seeing how he does/  I am SO ready to get J in underwear and out of diapers, but he just isn't ready yet.

zorbs - I appreciated your pic of the "cleared" roads yesterday.  I had the same conditions.  I hope things were clear for you today!

ernie - I thought J would sleep in too with his friend being over.  Nope.  Sounds like you had a ton of fun this weekend.  I am ready to have two toddlers and be able to do those things.  It has been SO cold, I hate taking H out more than necessary.

CAR - I have been thinking a lot about trying to talk DH into BLW.  I saw how you did it with O and am so impressed.  How are things on the work front?

spike - Your FR sounds delicious!  Yay for things coming together at the house...that must feel awesome.  I love the smell of new houses and everything new.

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - Your FR sounds delicious!  Yay for things coming together at the house...that must feel awesome.  I love the smell of new houses and everything new.

Ha, that's funny. New car/carpet etc smell gives me a headache.

runnergirl9508

mer- I haven't really decided on a potty training method yet. we typically don't travel from Christmas until about March, because the roads are always horrible, so a bootcamp kind of PT would probably work for us, since we don't go anywhere on the weekends. glad you were able to run outside yesterday! Yay for planning a spring race! How old is H now? i'm sure you'll be able to get rid of the mommy belly- you did after J, right?aw, so cute about J and his friend. i'm sure getting the hang of things with 2 kids is tough- you're doing a great job!

CA- have a good ST workout- earn that massage today Wink  LOL on the elf finally coming- at least she can't look at a calendar and know he's behind. glad that O settled down after she ate. YAY for your parents arriving- have fun! 45 min is SO much nicer than 6hrs. I get tired of the 3hr drive each way to visit our families.

ernie- sounds like you guys had a really fun weekend, hope your run goes well today! ugh, R was up before 6 today too. I was just heading out the door for work. DH wasn't happy that R woke so early.

zorbs- ha, NO ONE clears their sidewalks around here. I run in the middle of the road pretty much all winter. I get so annoyed b/c people are supposed to clear them, but either they shovel and leave just enough snow that it turns into ice, or they do nothing and it's hard-packed icy chunks of snow. use rock salt people!!! will you be filming B's recital tonight?

spike- ugh on the vomit- i'm so beyond scared of that. I don't handle barf. Blood doesn't bother me in the least, but vomit- ugh. I hope that you and DH don't get sick! YAY for the house being almost move in ready! bonus on the cleaners- that's awesome. and I agree- new carpet smell is an instant headache for me!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - after I posted on my FB yesterday how my town aims to clear all snow within 24h, I went and re-read the rules on the town website.  All roads are cleared within 24h of a snowfall and all sidewalks ASAP..this morning they were about 80% cleared, although a lot of it they missed the actual sidewalk and the cleared path was actually dug up grass.

ernie - I shovelled 2/3rds of the driveway after my run yesterday but left the snowplow crap for DH, ha.  He didn't run yesterday so he needed the workout.

CA - lol at the elf staff being disorganized.  the skirt brigade was talking about elves last night, and I'm surprised the girl elf doesn't have boobs to differentiate.  I'm always annoyed that a good ST doesn't make me all nice and ripped RIGHT THIS SECOND.

mer - I remember once running in rain so heavy that I couldn't breathe = drowning,  That wasn't fun.

spike - sorry on the toddler puke.  the first time B puked I threw up a bit in my mouth cleaning it up.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Zorbs- dh and I both gagged last night. Kiddo is way too energetic for the amount of sleep we got last night.

runninmer

rg - H is 2.5 months.  He definitely stretched me out more than J did.  It is slowly coming back, but not as fast as with J.  My stomach is my "area" that I hate, so it is hard to see my belly.

spike - You nailed it.  5am for me every work day.  I don't pump in the am, but nurse which I allow 35 minutes for, then an hour for me to get out the door.  I hope you can air out the house a little bit to get the smell out of there!  Package it up and send it my way! Smile  Sorry about the sick kid.  J puked for the first time while I was on leave and it sucked.  Luckily it landed on a blanket that we just tossed in the washer...better than the carpet.

Upcoming Races: 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - hope your run wasn't too icy! I'm so lucky to work and live really close to bike paths that are always plowed, there's often a thin layer of snow but it's always runable. Also lucky that DH runs too and we agree that in any future house we will never buy where there isn't a running path walking/running distance away.

zorbs - people are horrible at clearing their sideewalks here, plus there is always the street crossings that you have to negotiate, I really dislike running in the neighborhoods during winter because of it. I still feel soft after a hard workout but also feel like my muscles are a bit more defined, like it wakes them up or something.

ernie - our weekend was really busy too! I love it but it's busy.

mer - nice job getting out in the cold yesterday! For M decorating cookies means decorating for a couple minutes and then eating cookie, icing and sprinkles. I love the ease of BLW, it is messy, but takes so little work and both my kids are really good eaters, maybe because of it in some part?

spike - UGH! Sorry about the sick toddler, that sucks. YAY for your house being ready. I agree, new carpet, etc is headache inducing. My parents are excited but I think sad too - they lived in their old house since I was 7.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Kantkatchme

Hi supermoms!

I have a confession, I am a lurker.  I'm hoping to change that, I'm not sure I can keep up with all the personals.  I'll do my best.

my LO will be a year in January and I really want to be more commuted to my running. I'm signed up for a 10k in. May.  I really want to finish under an hour.  I ran my first half in September with very little training.

Br- so busy!! crawls and pulls up everywhere.  Hasn't quite figured out how to sit gracefully so a few bumps in the last few days.

Rr- 5 on tap today.  Hopefully when DH gets home.  -29*c with the wind, even the husky is hanging out inside today. Brr!

nrr- had our holiday open house yesterday afternoon.  So much fun! 8 kids age 4m- 3y Almost no crying either!  Now to finish cleaning up and figuring out who owns the dishes that have appeared.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!  You are very inspiring!

Cheers,

K