Womens Running

MONDAY AGAIN DIVAS! (Read 22 times)

TXAginMS

Morning ladies!!

RR: Half marathon on Saturday went really well. It was my second best race (missed my PR by one minute) but considering all the time off I had this season with my injury I'm REALLY happy with how it turned out- 2:03:38. Looking forward to the trail race in 3 weeks. DH did amazing on his marathon. It was his FIRST marathon finish and he got his Boston Qualifying time!!! He finished in 3:04:25. We're gonna do all that we can to try to get him into Boston but I'm honestly not sure how that works? Any tips? How does the registration work for Boston??

NRR: We had a pretty good weekend. Hung out with a good friend who has now been inspired to run a half marathon. The after party for the race was fun with plenty of beer and live music. We were taken back a little though when everyone in our running group was going to someone's house to celebrate and we found out we weren't invited. Like I asked the woman who's house it was at what they were doing that night knowing that they were having a party and she said "we're just going to have a quiet night at home and rest up so we can take our kids to Memphis tomorrow." I really wasnt expecting that because I thought these people were our friends. My feelings are really hurt and this combined with a lot of other things just makes me realize we don't really have many local friends and that sucks. Just feels like we're back in high school again and I hated high school.

taylorma1

Meli-sitting by the water and having lunch sounds wonderful, and I bet it was gorgeous weather there

Monk-very cool you guys got a new car for a cheap price. Chuck E Cheese was my parents go to place for me and my brothers when we needed cheering up. Glad that A enjoyed it

RLTW-love those pics you posted of your niece on FB. She is adorable

Athena-good call on DNS the first marathon if you and DF are not feeling well. Hope training for San Fran goes well for you. Where are you planning on going for your honeymoon?

TXAginMS

Jewel- Don't be too hard on yourself, sounds like you should be proud that you got your 8.25 in with those conditions!! Missing or reducing one long run will not make or break your training, at least not in my experience.

Sassy- Glad you're feeling better. I just can't get into Downton Abbey. We rented the first season on DVD and I tried three times to watch the first episode and fell asleep every time. Ugh.

MA- Your shower sounds wonderful and I love that you sound so grateful about it. Be sure to write those thank you notes before hte baby comes. I get so annoyed now days when people don't send thank you notes. I have a spreadsheet for keeping track.

lizo- Sorry about the argument y'all had yesterday. HOme improvement projects are a catalyst for DH and I. He always get frustrated and starts yelling when he's working. I just walk away because I know its not directed at me but if I stick around, we will fight.

gsd- I'm sorry M wasnt feeling well. I hope that she sleeps tonight for your sake.

klm- 13 on a treadmill? I don't know how you did it.

taylor- Great job on the long run. 8:20 is speedy in my book!!

mel- I've always wanted to see one of those shows. Haha as soon as I saw your flower girl dress comment I was about to suggest you have them made. Great minds think alike I suppose.....

monk- I'm not sure that there would be a worse torture than Chuck E. Cheese on a rainy day. I don't know how parents do it. Congrats on the new car!

RLTW- Boo to the early morning plows.

athena- Sounds like you made the right call about the race. Better to be safe than sorry. Congrats on the weight loss!!

NorCal

Happy Monday Ladies! (well, it's happy for ME because it's my Sunday! LOL)

RR. Got in 9.5 yesterday, flat and pavement. Felt good! itching to get back on the trails though! Today is rest, with leg and core workouts.

NRR. We're celebrating L's 12th birthday today! We don't know when it really is since he was rescued, but we always pick a day in February and celebrate. We're getting him special treats from the doggy bakery, picking up lunch for us, and heading to the BEACH for fun and a picnic. He's going to LOVE IT. He has only been to the beach 3 times in the last year, when he's used to going about that many times per week!

MA- Oh awesome you got a BOB! Sounds like a great shower!

Sassy- Sounds like the rest was a really good idea. I hope your shins feel good on today's run.

Jewel- I totally know how it feels to be off training, but you will totally be fine, the marathon is still a long ways a way! I had to revise my whole plan due to my calf injury, which sucks! yay for your new car! You got a Subaru right??

Monk- I have never been to Chuck E Cheese and honestly hope to make it through life without going because those kinds of places terrify me! lol. But that's awesome A had fun and I hope she starts adjusting to the baby stuff soon.

Lizo- Ugh, sorry about the fight with M. Sad Believe me, home improvement projects will test your relationship every time! We remodeled our WHOLE HOUSE in 5 years and OMG, we almost got divorced so many times. LOL.

Athena- I'm still super bummed about Big Sur, but excited for you for SFM! Also super awesome about the weight loss, that's FANTASTIC!

Taylor- sounds like a nice weekend! And GREAT job on your LR pace! Smokin fast! Smile

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

athenaofamerica

Taylor - It's a 9-day Carnival cruise through the Western Med! It is round-trip from Barcelona (hugely expensive plane tickets although I got a GREAT deal on the cruise itself) with port visits in Marseilles, Monaco, Florence, Rome, Naples, Messina (Sicily), and Palma! I can't wait, I have been dying to go back to Europe since my first visit in 2005!

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

athenaofamerica

TX- Congrats on an awesome half!

NC - I'm bummed too, but hopefully we can get together sometime soon! Big grin We celebrated Gus's first birthday this month too!

RLTW - Congrats auntie! Kay is adorable and her name is fantastic!

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

MA runner girl

Tex - Congrats to your DH!! That is an awesome first marathon time. Boston changed the registration guidelines last year. Instead of the race filling up with those who have the fastest fingers, they opened registration a week early for those who have faster qualifying times. At first just those with 20+ min below standard can register, a few days later those with 10+ min, and then those with 5+. After registration was open for a week for the 20+ min, there is a week where everyone can register. This all happens in September. Not sure if the dates are out yet, but that's the basics. Since your DH qualified by less than 1 min, he will have to wait the week, and hopefully it doesn't fill up before he gets a chance to register! I think with the tougher times it shouldn't be as big a problem this year.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

NorCal

Tex- Congrats to you and DH on your races! Rockstars! I'm really sorry about the running group. That is super rude and childish and my feelings would be really hurt too.

PRs: 

lizo_77

I'm so ready for lunch... and I forgot mine today. grrr..

gsd: poor M! hope she's better! hope you're able to travel with all the crazy weather and all.

dona: hope you have a relaxing week since you're weekend was non-stop! Smile

taylor: thai for dinner.... mmmmmm. sounds wonderful.

mel: sounds like you had a great weekend! sounds like a great show you saw!

sassy: haha booster seasts.... they might soon start saying adults need the extra protection....

monk: sounds like you had a crazy weekend! congrats on the new car! I bet A is feeling some jealousy pangs....  baby is almost here!

rltw: I'm with you on staying up too late to watch the grammys.

athena: sorry you're not doing the marathon, but sounds like it's perfect time and some extra money! Smile

M and I will be fine... it's funny. So far it's projects that make us stressed out enough to snap at each other though we both enjoy the work. Shy I'll be sending him a card tonight.

lizo_77

tex: congrats to your DH! wow! nice time for him.

norcal: yay for L's 12th!! woo! that's some doggie years!

LucyBelle

Good morning ladies!!

RR: Does skiing for 4 hours yesterday count? It was only the 2nd time I've ever been and it felt like such a quad workout since I was pretty much in a permanent squat position! I'm sore today. I only fell once though! Might go for a short, easy run tonight if I'm not TOO sore.

NRR: Fun weekend. Good mix of productivity and relaxation. Got laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning done, but also had a board game night Saturday, went skiing yesterday, and had dinner with my family last night. I'm not looking forward to this work week because I have some late meetings and won't have time for much else besides work stuff. Yuck.

Personals later...

SassySparky

GSD - thanks for the info! I'd love to keep G rear facing as long as possible. One of my coworkers switched their kid at 14 months, and they are doctors! Crazy. Anyway, we're going to have to go to stores and just see how different models fit in our cars!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Sassy- I have totally sat in S's booster seat before! She thinks it's hilarious, and whenever I ride with them, she wants me to sit in it. (they keep 2 in their car, for her friends).

PRs: 

monk717

We haven't had an issue with car seats until we tried to install the one from my sister yesterday. Hopefully they can fix it at the inspection. We switched A to forward facing just before 17 months. This was right before the new recommendation came out about keeping them rear facing until age 2. She met either the weight or height or maybe both guidelines at the time to turn. I elected to leave her forward because we were still in the altima at the time and it was a ginormous PITA to put her in the car rear facing in part because of my back problems and her legs were getting really long. We'll keep P rear facing longer because I'm sure it will be easier to load in the journey since its higher up. I'm so confused about all the guidelines for when you switch to which car seat... I remember DH and I being bewildered after seeing the video in child birth class about all the different car seats and how long kids have to stay in them! I need to look into when we should/could switch A to a booster.

SassySparky

Monk - I agree about the confusion, it seems like keeping a kid in a car seat until they are 65 pounds (that's the upper weight limit on some!) is a long time ...

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!