Womens Running

(Over 40) Jan Mondays are cold (Read 210 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Post away

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey Gatsby.  No worries  We are here when you can come on.  No posting requirements etc!

Tessa I love the Blank for your name

Lisa maybe next year i'll do Detroit race again.  We will see.

Yesterday was so nice but it is cold this am.  Later this week we go back up.

Marjorie

Good Morning!!

Power hour class was tough.  New routine launch.  And we were running late too.  All the regular gals were there, + one new guy.  He struggled the most Tight lips.   Was surprised that the rest of the gym was fairly empty, it is only the second week of January.  Thought the newbies would at hang in longer than a week!

Tessa--"Blank"---hahha

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Happy Monday, all!

I have a date with my RB this afternoon.  The field house is back open and we're going to take a run on the indoor track.  It will be my first run since the whole slipping on ice thing.  We'll see how it goes.

Took a skating lesson yesterday, managed to stay on my feet.  I'm trying to learn to skate figures, but first I have to learn to skate on one foot, point the other toe, have my arms out at a 90 degree angle to my body, and engage my core.... all while moving and staying centered over the wheels.  umm..... yeh.

Good morning Marjorie and Sue!

Have a great day!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Wow where is everyone?

I did do 10 this am.  My legs were a bit tired but they did okay.  Kept it mostly as recovery pace

Julie that sounds difficult.

Sue that is unusual the newbies have already thinned out that much!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Just noticed this - we have two daily threads today (Judy forgot (over 40) in the title). Anyway, here's what I posted on that one earlier this morning.

Sorry for my post-and-run-ness over the weekend!

As for the 50K, I kinda decided on the drive up that I might/probably would only do the 25K. I was tired and I hadn't even started running. Plus if I did the 50K, I would probably not get home until dark, and although it was a beautiful day for a run (sunny and upper 30s), I had a lot to do. I just wasn't feeling it. So once I got there I decided to only do one loop (2 loop course) and instead of walking the uphills, which I would normally do more of in a 50K, I pushed on the uphills as training for the 40 miler in February. And I ran a little faster than I would have in a 50K (not as training for the 50 miler, but just because I could since I was only running half as far). The course was beautiful, probably 98% singletrack. Hilly, very hilly, which was what I needed. Towards the end of the loop, the sun was high enough and the temps warm enough that the mud was thawing and the course was getting a little sloppy. I wasn't feeling the love there, so I was glad I had already decided to quit after one loop. Finished, signed out, ate some food, and made the hour and a half drive home with time left in the day to run some errands and stuff. I have been tired all weekend, and still am today, so I think I made the right decision. Especially since this wasn't a race, and I'm supposed to be finishing up the first week of marathon training, which called for an easy 6 that day.

Sunday woke up stiff and sore. I can most certainly tell I haven't been running hilly trails for the last several months. I went to the rail trail by my house and ran an flat, easy 10 to loosen things up. I'm still stiff and sore today from Saturday, but much better than yesterday. I have trail runs planned at least every other weekend until Mt. Mitchell and will add more in, so hope that helps. Figuring out the training is tough, because I really just want to be able to finish Mt. Mitchell and not be too sore after, and I want to focus more on my May marathon. Which is super flat. The problems of wanting to do all the cool races/runs out east before moving to Texas in 2014/15, yet still do well in goal races. I am hoping to at least do a BQ-10 (3:45) at NJ, and may shoot for a BQ-20 (3:35). Which is going to require "real" marathon training.

Ah well, there you have it. Now to go back and read the rest of the weekend's posts. Like I said, was really tired all weekend and didn't get on here much.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Linda

Sue:  Yes, you would think that New Year’s Resolutions would hold up until the end of the month.  Maybe they’re sore.

Julie:  Skating lessons sound very fun.  Good luck.

Hi Marjorie

Karen:  It is difficult racing and training at the same time.  It is a delicate balance.  Good luck with it.

Easy run, today.  I may do some 200’s in the evening if my husband gets off work in time.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Bikerchick1

Hi Ladies, I am a little late this morning/noon....

I think I must have tweaked something yesterday in the snowly/slushly run, woke up with a very sore neck and back...booo....anyhow, off later for either PF for weights/biking or may go to the gym (with the pool) for some laps and bike.  This is my Monday off, except for the few hours I have already spent doing my charts/labs etc., from home computer....one nice thing about EMR He#% is that i don't have to stay at work so long to do "charts" but can do them at home...

KarenAG - Sounds like a good choice you made to "just" do the 25K.....get some rest....

Marjorie - Good job on the 10!!!  It was hard not to sign up for Detroit before the price went up....but I think I want to try a different fall full.  Maybe next year though!!!!

Crazysue - You said you didn't use a training plan for HIM...did you train with group....would you EVER do another????   I am sitting the fence...

Julie - How fun to learn how to roller skate!!!  I used to love to roller blade, but was always in fear of falling.  We always ice skated as kids...fun memories.

Carol

mommymac

Happy Monday!

I'm being reminded today just how fun it is to wind down your reproductive years! No period for months and now a bathroom trip every hour or so. Good thing DD has supplies!

Pub Run tonight if I stop feeling so "anemic" and hopefully a long run tomorrow morning. New shoes from LRS where everyone and their brother was this weekend. Surprised to hear Crazy Sue that your gym is emptying out. Maybe they were all at my shoe store instead!

Julie - I was picturing you out on the ice until you mentioned "wheels." Is there a lot of indoor skating where you live?

Karen - Good job on the 25K; where are you staying when you run NJ? There has been so much damage along the shore, are you sure your hotel is still standing? Some people JUST got clearance this weekend to get back to see their homes. Or where there homes had been. Storm hit in October.

Hi Judy - My distaste for speed work keeps me focused on distance. Good for you for keeping it in your workout plan.

Hi to all and a question regarding H-M: is anyone traveling through or into Lexington?

Carolyn

Knit queen

Knit Queen

Hi ladies,

Just a quick post from me.  Have not been doing anything lately because I gave blood on Friday and I have felt wiped out.  Did go to yoga yesterday.  I am posting my weigh-in results.  I lost one pound.  Not much but it is something.

Cheers, Lisa

lisa

ginnyb

karen....just reading your running schedule makes me tired!!  Smart to just do the 25K

Tessa...funny about Blank being on your bib.

Julie...I have not ice skated since I was a kid, but I loved it back then.

Carol...hope you haven't tweaked anything seriously.....

Work today...no run for me this morning

Anyone watch the series Downton Abbey?  I love it!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Yes, all the spectators thought "Blank" was hilariously funny too. Typical exchange:

Spectator: Go Blank! *double take* Blank?

Me: *disgusted face* This is what happens when you put "just leave it blank" on the application.

Spectator: guffaws and is still chuckling as long as runner is within earshot

I'm glad to have brought so much mirth to so many people. Angry

Karen, sounds like you had quite a run no matter what the distance was!

Lisa/KQ, thank you for donating blood.

Susan, sorry for the one new guy in your class, hope he comes back!

Julie, skating lessons sound like fun.

Marjorie, nice 10!

Linda, Paso is not all that hard, and the weather tends to be good. It does have a rolling course, though. Santa Clarita is not hilly. I really dislike Long Beach so would have a hard time recommending it, but some people like it. Malibu is inarguably hilly. Any other contenders? I don't think there are any in September because of the heat potential.

DD left for school this morning, see her in 4 months.

3.2 this morning, planning more at lunch. And definitely back on the healthy eating bandwagon. We will not mention why the box of chocolates is empty now. Blush

Carol--I used a training plan for my HIM (well, actually my running buddies used it and drug me along!).  Yes, I should be using one ......I just find it hard to stick to.  Would much rather just go run.  I know I need to schedule in some speed work.

Bikerchick1

Crazysue - Do you know what training plan they used....and drug you along Wink   Do you have plans for another HIM this summer?

Carolyn - Ugh on the "reproductive" changes....I call it "reverse puberty"....alot of not-so-fun changes....

Knitqueen - Great job on the 1 pound loss!!!  I am weighing in on Wednesday.....think I probably have lost about a pound as well....it comes off so slowly, and goes on so quickly!

Tessa - Were you ready for DD to go back to school?   When mine were in college, it was always bittersweet when they left....  Glad the boc of chocolates are EMPTY....

Ginny - Hope you are having a good day at work!

Well ended up going to PF with DH.  did 30 minutes on bike and did the 30 minute express w/o (it is a circuit of machines that target arms/legs/abds).  My back felt much better after....

Carol

Bikerchick1

Question for everyone....I'm looking at Fall marathon.  I really LOVED Detroit..., but I wanted to try another big one....any suggestions???  I've been tossing around Chicago or Marine Corp....anyone have thoughts or experience with them, or different one? How hard is to get in to MCM?

Carol