Womens Running

Thirsty Thursday Supermoms (Read 30 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Ladies~

RR: Tempo run on the schedule for today, 2x2 miles at T pace, with a mile at MP between the sets. Forecasted to be really windy today, so this should be fun. I'm also feeling kinda crappy right now, sore throat and congested, so we'll see...

TR: other than a little congestion, seems to be over whatever little cold he had. at nap time yesterday, he took one of the throw pillows from the couch and slept on it in his crib. it was sooo cute!

NRR: not too much, training this morning. not gonna lie, i was hoping for a text from my first client that she cx, so i could sleep in.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8 miles, including 3x1 mile repeats @ 8:00/mile. Hopefully TBL on the ipad will distract me.

sort of RR - I ordered my inknburn on Mar 4th, and paid $30 for shipping. I need it to be here by the 24th for my race, and it looks like the package still hasn't even left California yet as of this morning!

TR - woke up from nap screaming again.  He has these disgusting dry/red patches on his legs, so I took him to the doctor a couple days ago, got a $43 tube of prescription cream that seems to be working, thankfully.

FR - sushi with alcoholic friend for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~

rg - I don't keep my phone by my bed so if clients cancel I'm already up and don't see the point in going back to bed. :P

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

RR: 5m that I didn't get to yesterday and 7xhills. Plan is to do 5m of at least 7 hills.

NRR: tons of jobs. Got paid for car (will tell story when I am not dashing), need to pay check in. Need to get car cleaned. Am gong to run and get shots for DS whilst car is being cleaned. A lot of multi-tasking going on today! Will be car-less at 4pm. Need to cancel car insurance. (this is my to-do list, sorry). Tonight at 4pm (you know you are a sahm mom when you think 4pm is late in the evening) we have DH's leaving party which we have been invited to. Am excited. But we will have no car so have to think about how to move car seat round and get a taxi home. We just have suitcases left. Oh and the guy I sold the couch to in a towel is coming to collect. Majorly embarrassing.

NRR2: my running coach got me a necklace that you make a wish on. And a card that said good friends are super heard to find but I am at the front of the pack - it was a running pun on friendship and i was so touched by that.

NRR3: met a friend yesterday who shared her ttc struggles for a second baby. She has been trying to 8 years and talked about the longing and the desperation. I felt so sorry for her.

BR: 18mo shots are now on island. We will swing by and get them. We all sttn on the same bed which was pretty freakin remarkable. I think we are all so tired it didn't matter where anyone slept. No nap again yesterday. This is becoming more and more frequent. I love nap time rest but I think that was a luxury I can't count on anymore. Sigh.

FR: leaving party food. I cannot wait not to have to eat other people's cooking. I am getting very tired of it.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Erniegirl

RR - 5k easy with the stroller this afternoon + ST

TR - She was sitting in the hallway last night and got suspiciously quiet, so I investigated and found she had pulled all the child proof covers out of the electrical sockets. Whaaat? How is that even physically possible for a one-year-old? So much for baby proofing.

FR - Roasted pork tenderloin and mini potatoes, green beans and cherry tomatoes with pesto

NRR - Visited my Mom yesterday, she is feeling pretty good. Brought her some chocolate, as it is obviously vital for recovery. Planning to take S to the community centre for drop in play later this morning.

~~~~~~

rg - Hope you can get a good tempo run in, despite the windy weather and sore throat. It is freezing cold here again, too, and there is fresh snow on the ground. Boo! You don't have to work this weekend, do you? Hopefully you can really catch up on your sleep then.

Zorbs - Did they give you an estimated delivery date for the inknburn stuff? The cost of shipping from the US enrages me. Have a good dinner!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Marathonjen

rg - Ugh to not feeling well.  I hope you get a good run in despite but take it easy on yourself.  LOL to R sleeping with the throw pillow.  The other night J grabbed one off the couch and put in on the floor and laid on it like hew as going to sleep.

zorbs - I hope you have a good speedy run today.  What did you order from inknburn?  I hope you get it but it doesn't sound promising.  I hate places that take FOREVER to ship.  Sorry about B waking from his nap screaming.

RR - Did 5 SLOW miles on the TM yesterday...I had some horrible stomach pains and couldn't go any faster.  I am just grateful I got 5 in.  SRD today.

TR - Finally he STTN!!  Well...he slept until 5 a.m. when he proceeded to whine but my alarm had already gone off.  Then he was up for the day at 5:15.  Was really naughty at daycare again yesterday climbing on the bookshelves, tables, chairs, etc.  He also tipped over all the chairs so they had to hide them in the closet.  I can tell that he annoys one of his teachers so much because she always tells me how awful he was.  He loves her though so I don't get it.

NRR - Getting a haircut today.  Probably will just end up with a trim but I wish I had the guts to do something different.  My face is chubby so I definitely don't want it too short but something more modern would be nice.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!! It's some sort of miracle, both my kids are still asleep after 7!!

rr - I actually would like to but am not sure if ill get a chance. I'm not stressing over it. I had lots of minor aches and my flutes were super tight when I left on vacation so I think taking it easy will be good for me. I'm pretty sure that's why I had such a good Lr on Sunday.

BR - boob is feeling better. I still have no clue wtf is up with it but I'm taking the thrush meds just in case. She turned 6 mos yesterday!! She is almost sitting but still tumbles over and doesn't have ton of interest in food. But she's a happy sweet baby Smile

tR - playing to exhaustion every day , I love it. She's also been waking with a dry pull up and running to the bathroom on her Own. I bought her a stool at the dollar store and she basically does the whole routine without any assistance.

NRR - I think today is our outlet day!! It's so nice having my parents here with their car so I don't have to stress over getting it all in my suitcases. Especially since I ordered 4 pairs of shoes lol.

Zorbs - oh no, I hope the inknburn gets there!! Mine came here so fast I was worried it would beat my parents. From yesterday, I got some Advil as soon as my parents were up.

RG - have a great run! I'd be hoping for a cancelation on those early days too! Do you still get paid if they cancel last minute?

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Marathonjen

Wow, x-posted with Bermy and Ernie as usualSmile

bermy - LOL to the couch guy...I hope he doesn't come expecting another peakWink  Sounds like a very busy day for you.  I hope you can get everything done, it sounds like you have a good plan laid out.  Have fun at DH's party tonight.  So nice of your coach to get you that necklace...so thoughtful.  Good luck with DS's 18mo shots.  I  hope he takes them like a champ.  I am not sure how you all STTN on the same bed...I had to smack DH last night because he was snoring so loud in our king bed.

ernie - OMG to S pulling out the childproof covers!  She is one smart cookie.  Guess the makers of those things need to rethink the design.  Glad to hear your mom is doing well.  Have fun at the community center today.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - holy busy lady and a monster run! You are my running idol!! I hope you get everything done and rock the run. Are you doing the hills with the stroller !?!? Lol on the couch guy, gonna dress up more for this visit Wink

Ernie - M figured out quickly that if you whap the toddler proof sort handle covers that they fall off. Ugh, our kids are way too smart!!

Jen - your daycare sounds weird. Have they never had a little boy before? Don't all toddler boys do those things all day. Awesome job on the 5 miles!!!

K m is up, have a good one ladies!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning.  Busy morning so I am not sure I will have time for personals.  Not sure how I ended up with three posts! Oy!

RR:  SRD.  Didn't get to run until 7pm last night so I only did 4.5.  I think I need my finger chopped off so I don't play with the damn speed button.  I was feeling it when I got home....and not in a good way.

TR:  Didn't see him much yesterday.  Spent the day with Grandma which he loves.  I told DH when we got home that I think we are done with pacifiers in the car.  He agreed so we will see how that goes.  I would love to be done with them all together by the time he is 2.

NRR:  Yesteray's meeting that was supposed to end at 3:30 didn't end until after 4:15.  Then I couldn't find my work keys so I had to go back to my room and search for them.  Found 'em, but it was annoying to have to look in the first place.

NRR#2:  Really not sure what to do about this co-worker. I want to say something to her, but know it will just make things worse than it already is.  Plus, if I don't then I am not following the direction of my administrator.  On the other hand, if I do, then I will be able to stand up to her and not let her push me around (or bully me as my admin says).  It is tough because we HAVE to work together.

FR:  We had hot ham sandwiches for dinner last night and they really hit the spot.  DH broiled tortilla chips with cheese and ranch and those were really good too.  Topped off with an orange soda and I was a happy girl.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runninmer

Duplicate.

Upcoming Races: 

runninmer

Upcoming Races: 

strollermama

RR:  SRD.  Got 10 in yesterday with 6 progressive miles - 8:08, 8:00, 8:12 (trail super muddy), 7:52, 7:50 (muddy), 7:42.  The mud was gross and definitely slowed me down.  But I was happy to get the miles in.  Wore my lulu crops and they are definitely too big.  At least I get wear them next time I get pgr.

TR:  Last night made a new trick where he flips over the bucket that holds all of his bath toys and then stands on it.  He is a little dare devil.

NRR:  Last exam for the week today!  Really wishing I had tomorrow off to pack but I will find the time somewhere.

zorbs:  Bummer about the order.  You should call them.

RG:  Oh no, I hope you don't get the big from DS.  Have a great run today!  It always seems to be windy when you do your tempo runs (me too!).

bermy:  Woo, busy lady.  So glad you are checking things off the list.  And I bet being in a towel helped you sell that couch!

ernie:  Glad to hear your mom is doing well!  And I agree, babyproofing is not really toddler proof.  At least in our house.

jen:  So glad DS STTN and you got in a run.  You needed that.  Will you remind me how many weeks you have been feeling bad for again?

CA:  Woohoo on the boob.  And I wouldn't worry too much about not getting runs in.  Enjpoy your vacation!

mer:  Way to go on getting that run in that late!  What is happening with the coworker?  I think I missed it somehow.

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

RR: Just a quick 3 with my Run Club last night. First run since the flu knock me down.  The weather was great but it still felt like I neede  to shake the cobwebs off all my muscles/lungs

NRR: The dog has now eaten 4 pairs of my underwear. Totally disgusting... I have had to make her throw up twice to get them back.  Of course I throw them away I just don't want them to cause intestinal problems for the dog.

Bermy: I would live on other peoples food if possible.  I love to bake which isn't good for the waistline but cooking actual real food I would love to leave up to someone else.  Good luck with the multitasking!

Zorbs - sushi - yum! Thought of you the other day when i downloaded a piano app ( could be a total overstatement) on my phone for my DS - Look up ' Magic Piano' DS is having a blast with it

CAR: enjoy the morning to yourself and outlet shopping!

Marathonjen

CA - Glad the boob is feeling better.  I LOVE outlet shopping...I hope you find a ton of great deals.  Have fun and enjoy the warmth.  I looked up the weather down there...so nice!

mer - Sorry about the coworker...I hope you can find a way for work to be tolerable.  Great job on getting the miles in so late last night.

shelby - Good luck on your last exam this week.  I hope you find some time to pack for your trip...I bet you are excited.  LOL to DS and his daredevil moves.  Great job on the run and your pace!!  Sorry the crops are too big but at least you are positive about it!

dexy - Great job on getting a run in.  How long were you down with the flu?  OMG to the dog eating your underwear.  How the heck do you make him throw it up?

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - not sure, hoping for 5 in a few minutes...

BR - nanny is coming today for  half the day so C can get used to her and gives DH and I a chance to run a bunch of errands... yesterday we visited the daycare she'll be attending in September and it looks pretty good.  So many cute toddlers there!!!

C is still not adjusted to DST... at least I don't think she is... the last 2 days she's slept more than 12 hours straight...

NRR - DH has done 2 things on his to do list... he still has about 8 to go and seriously it would take him maybe an hour to do ALL of them... he just keeps putting it off..

ernie - wow, that's pretty talented that DD can pull off the protectors!  We're going out today to buy baby proofing items..

jen - i've seen your pic and your face isn't chubby!  I personally like longer hair since it's easier to put into a ponytail..

zorbs - mmm sushi!  Dh is only so so with sushi and the one friend who'd eat it with me all the time moved to Brantford....

Sorry for the fly by.. you'd think with DH home this week I'd have more free time but it's the opposite..