Womens Running

Wanderlust Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Anyone else here lust for wandering?

Tessa-happy miles to you... be they by foot or wheel.

Marjorie-happy conference! hope you feel better today.

Sue-ugly details?  we know all about them.  Locked port-a-potties, long lines at races, the gall of family members using the bathroom.. we know all about them. LOL

Carol-I remember love/hate relationship with the stability ball class when we had it at old work.  This strength stuff does help though.  The last 2 runs I did (one trail and one road) I worked on just going a manageable pace without stopping, vs the walk/run type of thing I usually do.  Was surprised to see trail and road paces better than they have been in the past.  I will continue to work on that because I know that if I do run /walk I can go faster.... wait a minute... when I start talking about speed I need you guys to tell me to stop.  speed seems to hurt me.  I'll just know that if i WERE to need to go faster I could.  Will save that crud for race day and just practice consistent pacing otherwise.  Please remind me of this from time to time.

Flying out at 9am.  Looking forward to it although my friend sort of scared me... she might not be bringing her laptop. Ummm.. I really can't totally disconnect from work for this entire time. Wish me well on that. I would like to but my workload and all of the other recent time off just doesn't completely permit. It makes it like Hell to come back to everything if I don't at least maintain some semblance.

Happy Wednesday... or as I will be calling it "When-can I order an in-flight cocktail-day".

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, the speed thing seems to increase the likelihood of injury with me too. Ugh.

Tuesday I was able to do 45 minutes running even though I had not had as much sleep as necessary the night before. I toughed it out.

Today will be a run/cardio workout right after work. I have some shopping to do tonight.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Would love to be wandering away, too!  I have noticed your speeds have been picked up since your return to running, but that is not the goal...RIGHT Wink  Enjoy your trip!

Judy - Enjoy your day - including shopping!  Hope it is for something fun.

Did my neighborhood run yesterday....holy humid!  Tonight is sculpt class Smile

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Not really feeling better today.

Last day of conference. Flight back is late tonight.

Marjorie

Was planning to ride early this morning but it was raining so I SEWED!  Quilt show is Saturday and I am still sewing...broke the needle twice in the past 24 hours.  Ugh.  Threw out the remaining pack of needles.  My machine does not like them.  Nothing like the last minute deadline to force me to complete a project Wink

Lisa, Marjorie and Tessa--safe travels.

Anonymous Guest

Good morning,

I have been deep into research on online training the last few days. I know a little more than I did, but am certainly no expert. I have a couple more weeks to learn though, before I'm expected to really know what I'm talking about.

I'm pretty much tapering for Saturday's half this week. Just running 4-6 most nights after work, mostly easy with the occasional bit of speed thrown in. I'm downgrading expectations from finishing in the top 3 to winning my age group.

And inspired by Marjorie and Damaris and my boss, I've been talking to a Pilates instructor. I'm going to start with some private sessions to learn how, then decide whether the expense of the private sessions is worth it and either continue on with those, do some group sessions, or both. I'll probably have my first session next week. I figure if I can get into the habit this next month when I'm not specifically training for anything, it will be easier to keep up once I start fall marathon training. With the plan I'm looking at starting late June, I know I won't be able to start anything new - it's a pretty brutal schedule. I bought an advanced Hanson plan which in the thick of it has me running seven days a week, four weeks in a row over 70 miles. I may even - gasp - have to start running some in the mornings.

Lisa, have a fabulous trip. Such a beautiful place to go. I miss California.

Hi to all,

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Have any of you experienced this?  Today is a day where I could eat all day and not feel satisfied.  Most days I am just fine with my regular diet.  It isn't that I am craving anything specific, just hungry.  What's with this?  I guess I need to try and keep track when this happens.  I ran the 12 miles on Sunday, but that isn't that far to make me so hungry 2 days later.  Just something odd that happens to me.  Just wondered if any of you go through this ever.

No run for me today, but hoping for a run tomorrow, then that is it for me until Sunday....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Ginny, that happens to me sometimes. Have never been able to figure out why. Well, for the last two weeks it's pretty much been every day...

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Delayed. Sigh.

Ginny part of exercise. You've run a few days longer distances so your body is in storage mode. It doesn't know you aren't going to do a 24 hour endurance race or something. It just thinks you might, so needs to prepare.

karen online ine training stuff for work?  I will attest that Pilates is wonderful.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Travel without a laptop? Unthinkable. Likewise Blackberry and cell phone with internet access.

Another close to 500 mile day, with a client visit in the middle. Wow. I did get in 3.5 this morning on a nice bike path along the edge of the Snake River gorge in Twin Falls, ID.

Now in Reno. Home tomorrow!