Womens Running

Fabulous Friday Supermoms (Read 32 times)

BermyHorse

Rg – yeah for your run. Lovely times. Great job. What is your 5k pace? Did you just inch them down each time you trained to get them so low?! Thanks for confidence in my cooking. For someone with an 18.13 5k in her late 40s, I am like “what am I going to cook?”

Zorbs – I feel like a teen when that happens with AF. I am lighter now than I was pre-baby for sure. Your fm training seems a lot more intense than your last training cycle. Is it? I am impressed for sure.

Jen – glad your boy ate and pooped and is getting better. Their moods tell us everything. Hoep you are feeling better later on today. Nice on cake and hope DH makes it home. I don’t know how you do it without your DH as a working mom. I really don’t. In your words (I asked DH what this meant as you used it about a stroller run I did once) mad props to you!

Cx2 – the house thing was just a joke. We have never owned a house, always rented. As expats we are not allowed to buy a house in Bermuda. That’s a lot of renting. Yes on nursing and sleep. It’s like a magic combo for my DS. Like plug him in and zone out – just wait for that luxurious ‘I am in heaven’ eye roll.

Mer – hope plough gets fixed. When does your DH sleep? And to answer your question from yesterday I have no active family. My mom is a chronic alcoholic who doesn’t speak to anyone in the family as she is, well, drunk, passed out or vomiting (she is in England and I saw her about 10 years ago looking pretty darn awful) and my dad started a new family with a chick about 5 years older than me. He wants nothing to do with me. I told him I was PG and he said “well done” and that was it. He doesn’t even know DSs name or care for that matter. I left home at 17 and didn’t look back. Their loss. DH has family in Utah but they are super ill and he takes care of them completely financially. We see my MIL twice a year but she can’t lift DS/ or care for him.

Ernie – wow on snow time. And the snowmobiles in street! Might be a rest day!

Mrszm – shopping on your own in the city with kids is hardly lying low! Respect for your courageous plan! What are you going to buy?

Becky – hotel bermy is open 7 days a week, 24 hours for you. Didn’t even think we could drive to each other. That opens up a whole new world of races for me!!!! HHhhmmmm. And just cos I don’t drink doesn’t mean my guests can’t party hard – you have Arm, Lauren and Rebekah to share marshmallow treats with.

Jm – how is your fm training going? What time are you aiming for? Mid March is your leaving time.

Arm – nice on lunges leg aches – you must be getting so trim and fit!

CA – how fun on running with DH for your LR. Too cool. And on date night. What are you going to wear? Is it super nice?

Shelby – hope you can enjoy your day even though you feel it has been disrupted by the daycare thing. Enjoy your run. Yes, I agree on not splitting the LR. I don’t like to split any runs esp LRs.

Spike – enjoy your niece’s party. When is your next race? Well done on the boxes and the packing too. Very cute on song singing about trains. So adorable. Green card interview is march 5th. Waiting on a phone call from consulate to pick up a package so I can book the medical.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- next race is the Canal Caper 10k on March 30 that I run every year. My PR is on that course 59:01, not sure how confident I'm feeling this year. Last year I did it in ( first real race post partum) 1:06 I think and they year before that (preggo) 1:12.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - hope you an have a relaxed weekend also! My house is also gross, I'm hoping to get some tidying done this afternoon if the girls will nap at the same time.

ernie - we're getting 4k done in about 33 minutes, so not super fast but not walking either. I'm calling it a walking day for now...

bermy - I was excited thinking of dresses that don't have easy b00b access, that's usually my first thought these days when putting together outfits Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Marathonjen

Mrszm – Is DD2 upset she doesn’t have school today?  LOL to C saying hi to himself in the mirror.  J just tries to kiss himself.  Hopefully you can find something fun to do with the kids tomorrow.  I want your muffin recipe.  I thought you sent it to me once but I can’t find it…if you have time can you send it again?  Sometimes DH travels with others and sometimes alone.  This time he is with one coworker which is nice.

Jm – Boo to the early wake-up.  J was up at 4:20 yesterday and 4:30 today.  He needs to stop pooping and just sleep.  Nope my DH is usually in bed at the same time if not before me…and that is 9 p.m. or soonerJ

Arm – Have a great 5 miler on sore legs.  J went through a phase where he hated the bath…it only lasted 2 weeks though…thank goodness.  But he seriously had a meltdown each time.  Have fun at dinner with DH tonight.  I hope you snap out of your crankiness!

Becky – Poor C with the sinus infection…is he on meds?  Have fun at the lake tomorrow.  Yay for getting to do the Nashville RNR…I wish I was closer!

Ernie – Have fun shoveling…it’s the wet heavy snow which sounds like a tough workout.  LOL to S crawling on you…J loves to do that and, in fact, was doing it this morning.  Yay for sleeping in today!  YES!  J is exactly as you described after daycare.  Thank you for telling me  your sisters situation because that makes perfect sense.  No matter what I try to do for him nothing makes him happy.  He will motion to his milk, I’ll hand it to him, and then he’ll throw it down and run away crying.

CA – Sorry M woke up cranky.  Boo to O breaking out of the swaddle and not sleeping well but it is probably time to transition away from it.  Have a fun night out with DH and a LR tomorrow…I wish my DH ran.

Shelby – Good luck on your LR..  I think you are smart to bring DS to daycare to get your studying done!  He will have fun too.  So sorry to hear about your grandma and glad your mom made it to Mich…is she in the UP?  LOL to the pg comment…nope…not possible at this point.

Spike – Yay for a solo run tonight.  J has been snotty and coughing too but doesn’t really seem sick…I think it’s teething also.  Yep…I hear you on the gross house.  I have no time to do anything when DH is gone so he is going to come home to a mess…too bad!

Bermy – LOL on the “mad props!”  I hang out with HS kids too muchJ

DH Update – HE’S HOME!!!!!

BermyHorse

jen - yeah DH is home! Get busy...

spike - any goal time in mind?

CA - it's only just in the last 4/5 months that I have been able to wear what I like. Of course I can do the bra strip whilst still fully clothed. I used to hang out at an Australian bar that gave you a free bottle of champagne for doing that stood on the bar. That's another story for another day.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- RP is the eternal optimist and says we should run it in 55:00. I'd like to PR of course, so I would be happy with 59:00 or faster. I need to do some surface specific training including sprints on the grass and running on gravel roads since the 2nd half is on gravel and the last .1 miles is in the grass.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I drove all the way home from the gym in the storm..it wasn't that bad, the streets were fairly freshly plowed and because the schools were closed today, everyone stayed home.  Then promptly got stuck in the snow turning into my driveway.  So I rescheduled my massage for Monday. Sad

bermy - surely strict diet doesn't mean you have to resort to rabbit food.  I don't think this training plan is harder, it is a mix of training plans that I have done before in the past.

jen - take it easy with your stomach and I hope your DH gets to enjoy his bday!

cx2 - I used to run with my old RMT, but then she had to go and move to italy.

mer - ugh, I guess it's the kind of yuck where you would rather just blow it out both ends, have it done with and know that you'll feel better afterwards.

jmm - in pre-B life, DH used to stay up late and if he had nothing to do, he'd stay up until 3 or 4 watching movies and then sleep until whenever.  Of course, since he knows the human alarm clock will be going off, he tries to go to bed at a decent hour.  I remember our house in SB didn't really have much heat or insulation at all, and I had to sleep in an actual sleeping bag.  Never have to use that kind of blanket cover in Canada.

arm - omg on the 100 valentines! we just finished a bath-hate phase, it is so stressful. Normally when AF is in full swing, I wear panties + a giant backup pad to bed and for whatever reason I didn't last night.

mrszm - uh, averaging under 8:00/mile is pretty damn speedy in my books!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

zorbs - the diet I am following is from Jan Oxygen magazine - it's the quinoa based one although I am yet to have quinoa. 1500/1600 cals is not enough (duh) running and nursing so I have a shake made with berries and 100% whey protein concentrate and water at end of day. I do these crazy things now and again.

spiek - what is that mile/min average?

beckykay

Nashville:  Definitely the half since my first full is March 17th.  I'm not crazy enough to do 2 fulls that close together Smile

Bermy:  I know right?  Slightly sad that I don't have an excuse to travel to Bermuda now, but woooohooo for Nashville.  Aw man, I have to share? Smile  My BFF is flying in for the race too, its going to be a great time!  I just wish C would be coming with me.  I love taking him to different zoos and saw the Nashville zoo has a train ride.

Jen:  Yep, antibiotics so I am hoping he will start sleeping better soon.  Hooray for DH coming home!!!!

Zorbs:  Boo on getting stuck in the snow.  I hate driving my little car in the snow, but oddly it does better than my SUV does.

Back to page 2 now...

RunningUphill

Good Morning!

RR:  ummm, maybe a walk at lunch?  So far this week I ran 2 miles and did a swim workout.  One more workout at it will feel like I am headed in a good direction.  But I forgot my ipod.  Booo.  A walk is already boring enough, let alone without music or the dog I might go crazy.

TR: His birthday is on wednesday!  We are having a very last minute, very unorganized "get together" for his birthday tomorrow.  I initially invited ONE family.  Then it was 3.  Now it's, ummm, maybe 6?  I really dont even know.  We are meeting at the beach so I dont have to clean or cook but it is supposed to be freezing.  We have NOTHING planned so hopefully the kids can entertain themselves enough for it to be fun.  Then we'll have lunch at a little restaurant on the sand and eat cake.  Hopefully it goes smoothly.  I am usually such a planner this whole- lets just show up and hope for the best thing is really stressing me out.

NRR: After 3 1/2 days of no migraines and 2 days of no morning sickness, I got an awful migraine last night, was up all night dealing with it, then throwing up this morning.  Maybe at least the few days hiatus means I am nearing the end of the worst of it.

Runnergirl: Holy fastness!

Zorbs: yay for massage!  Enjoy!

Bermy: You are just too cute for words.  I love that you have a craft date with your running coach.  And love that you love to hear every minute detail of your dh's day.  I need to be better about that.  Sometimes when dh is rehashing his day, I think my eyes roll back in my head : )

Jen: I hope your dh makes it home!!  And I hope your tummy is better.

runninmer: I hope the pancakes do the trick.  omg, pancakes sounds sooo good right now!  I hope you arent getting sick.

Zack Morris: Oooh that 10:30 thing would drive me crazy.  Ds has started "reading" in his room at night when he is supposed to be sleeping.  A few times I have heard him up until 9pm and it drives me insane.

jmmiller: Boo on the 4:45 wake-up : (  Hopefully she was just cold and when she is warm again tonight she will sleep late again.

back for more soon. . .

Erniegirl

The snow is outrageous out there! I just spent 45 minutes shoveling and barely made a dent. And our driveway is not even all that big.

Becky - Yay for Nashville RNR! How long is the drive be for you?

Uphill - Your beach party sounds fun - the kids can run around and entertain themselves in the sand. Hopefully it ends up not being so cold. So sorry about your migraine. Sounds awful. Do you get them often?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

RunningUphill

Arm: Wow that is a lot of valentines!  What kind of valentines do you do?

Ernie: Unfortunately, I get migraines ALL the time.  I have had them since I was 13 and they have been chronic for about the past 5 years.  Meaning I have more than 15 migraine days per month.  Pregnancy is a whole other ballgame because I am off my meds and hormones are crazy.  I am hoping and praying that I will get some reprieve soon.  With my first pregnancy, they went away almost entirely at 12 weeks and didnt come back until ds was about a month old.

QOTD: Speaking of valentines, do you guys do valentines for your toddlers pre-school classes?  I really want to do something cute and crafty- like I saw a thing for making heart shaped crayons- but my energy level is sooooo low right now, I wonder if it is a wasted effort and maybe I should save it for next year.

mrszackmorris

rg: yum to those muffins. could you share the recipe?! my kids LOVE muffins so i am always trying new stuff but get stuck in the blueberry/chocolate chip funk.

becky: c is being treated for a sinus infection too. decided to put his hand in his mouth after i gave him his augmentin now he smells so chalky. gross.

ernie: it must be pizza night tonight. talked to my cousin this morning and my other cousin is going over there tonight for a pizza party. i really wish i lived close to them Sad the girls do a share a room. it's a huge room and waking each other up has never been a problem before. they did sleep in a little bit.

car: how old is o? we swaddled dd1 for a long time and swaddled c for a long time too. i was desperate so we just kept buying bigger swaddling blankets Smile

shelby: bummer on not getting h into daycare. hope you have fun today and get some studying done!

spike: when do you need to be out by? couldn't you have just worked it out to stay in your house until your new house is ready since you know the people? we moved in september and i absolutely hated packing. we donated a whole lot of stuff. my rule was if we hadn't used it since we lived in the house i got rid of it. we were there for 7 years. dh is not a guide, he's going on a guided trip up in door county. he and our good friend have done several over the years.

beckykay

Ernie:  Hahaha, I hate snow.  I can't imagine living anywhere that gets more than we do now, and that's very little Smile  Pizza night for us too!

Ugh, gotta go, crazy people are invading the office....oh wait, they would be clients :

superspike113

Honorary Old

mzm- We will close in 5-7 weeks. The people buying our house desperately need the space- they are a family of 4 living in a 2 br 700 sq foot house. They are newlyweds with a 14 yo son from a previous marriage and their new 6 mo old daughter and want to get busy and work on another baby since they are 35. We are renting their house from them which works out great since we just want something small, cheap, and allows pets which is really hard to come by. I hate packing/moving too. We moved into this house when we were 20 years old and have accumulated a lot of crap. Luckily we are leaving some of the really big items for our buyers that we don't want to take to our new place. We are actually pretty good about purging crap, so we don't have tons of superfluous stuff. Actually we keep a lot of stuff in Rubbermaid bins, so everything I've packed so far has been decor type stuff and books.

Uphill- R's daycare has about a dozen kids and they exchange valentines. I think I might do the photo treat bag idea off of the Modern Parents Messy Kids blog. Or I might be lazy and not do that. We shall see!  Glad you had a couple days of feeling good, but boo to the return of the migraine. How are things going at work now that you are "out"?  Happy birthday to W!!!

Bermy- that would be roughly 9:30 miles to meet my PR.  I think its doable, my biggest hurdle is the lack of mental stamina and the incontinence I get when I race hard since R was born.

zorbs- sorry you are stuck!