Womens Running

MONDAY IS A MOUNTAIN DIVAS (Read 21 times)

melrunner

Morning girls!

Happy first Monday march!

Jewel I need some clothes too! Wedding related clothes!!

Taylor a fashion show sounds like a blast!!

Sassy what a crazy long hilly run! I love Gs pics!

Monk how is A adjusting to P?

MA are you working until the very end of your pregnancy??

GSD welcome back! Your pups wear the thunder jacket right? Do you have them tight on them? We just got it for Baxter For his anxiety.

Lizo good luck with pastor meeting. How's wedding planning?? When are you mailing out invites??

OWR hugs dear.

melrunner

Morning girls!

Happy first Monday march!

Jewel I need some clothes too! Wedding related clothes!!

Taylor a fashion show sounds like a blast!!

Sassy what a crazy long hilly run! I love Gs pics!

Monk how is A adjusting to P?

MA are you working until the very end of your pregnancy??

GSD welcome back! Your pups wear the thunder jacket right? Do you have them tight on them? We just got it for Baxter For his anxiety.

Lizo good luck with pastor meeting. How's wedding planning?? When are you mailing out invites??

OWR hugs dear.

outwestrunner

Thanks for the hugs, ladies. I really appreciate it.

Taylor - Ooh, the Dunes! It's like some seaside resort but in Indiana. How fun!

NC - Nice work on your 15! I was thinking about that on my run today, how you said 15 was a mental block for you.. I was thinking about how 8 used to be a block for me. Re: ice cream - I ate some last night but it didn't help the way I wanted it to. Hmm.

LucyBelle

Morning!

RR: Well, I worked out 5 times last week, which I'm happy about. I'm supposed to run 3 miles today but didn't go this morning because it was cold and the wind was gusting and I'd rather sleep. So I'll have to go after work...it'll probably still be cold and gusty...

NRR: The weekend wasn't as productive as I wanted it to be. Sigh. We need to mail out our save the dates but we keep overlooking a detail or something and delaying it by another day. CRF got to the post office 15 minutes to late to buy stamps, I got the wrong kind of label paper, we forgot an address, etc. So today I am buying the stamps and hopefully they'll finally get mailed tomorrow. I'm feeling groggy because AF is knocking on my door and the last thing I want to do is work. Also I am still on antibiotics, but today is thankfully the last day and hopefully once I'm done my stomach will start feeling better. This was a whiny post.

melrunner

NC how are you liking your juicer? Great job with your long run.

AS for me I’m finally getting back on track. Mom leaves today after a 10 day wedding related visit. DisapproveSadCry

I’m so used to seeing her daily. My MIL and her sister bought us champagne flutes with our name and wedding date engraved for us to use for the toast on our wedding party. They are gorgeous! And she bought us the Wedding Book to sign your name for guests with our name and date engraved too. My mom has to carry them back home today and then we will bring them back here after the wedding.

Tri R: 5 miles tonight after work. Finally getting back on track and we had a cold front this past weekend so it’s gorgeous today.

NTriR: Lots of wedding stuff that I must do ASAP. Need to catch up on sleep, exercise, shows, book, and general stuff at home.

On sad news, our 13 ½ year old Yorkie is not doing too hot. DisapproveSad CryHe has cognitive dysfunction syndrome which is a form of dementia/Alzheimer’s on older dogs. He paces all day, gets very anxious, walks around in the same circle, bumps into things, cries a lot, and cannot control his bowel movements. We started him on this daily medicine but one of the side effects is diarrhea so that’s another issue we’ve had to deal with. It’s just so sad to see him going downhill so rapidly. If the medicine doesn’t work, we don’t really know what to do. His health is fine, but his mind is not. And we hate to see him deteriorate. I was crying Friday night because it’s just so sad to see him in like this. Please keep him in your thoughts. Has anyone had a similar experience? I’m getting all emotional now. I better stop.

Have a good day ladies.

xoxo

outwestrunner

Mel - I got my sister champagne flutes for her wedding!  So sorry to hear about your dog. I have no experience with dementia like that in dogs.... Keeping you and C in my thoughts. Sounds very tough.

NorCal

Meli- I'm so sorry to hear your pup isn't doing well. It's so sad to see them suffer like that! I hope the new meds help out. I don't have any experience but will keep him and you guys in my thoughts. Our juicer never came. Sad We bought it from a fraudulent website and now have to try to get our money back. Sad So bummed, now we're out $300 and no juicer!

Lucy- Sorry you weren't as productive as you wanted to be. Join the club!! lol. I hope it's no too cold and windy for your run.

OWR- I'm sorry the ice cream didn't help, but was there wine involved as well? lol. It's weird how certain number of miles sound so daunting. Which makes you feel so much better when you are able to pull it off!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

Taylor - I had no idea Indiana had dunes! I loved going to the Dunes up at Sleeping Bear and down near Saugatuck when I lived in Michigan. Lake Michigan is so beautiful.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

Meli - the dog I grew up with got that dementia about a year ago; she lived with my dad and stepmom. One morning they woke up and she could barely move so they decided to put her down. She was blind and deaf too, so that made her even more confused. It was a very hard decision, she was 14 years old, but she was clearly in pain and distress and they didn't want her to suffer any more.

LucyBelle

Jewel: Oooo new clothes, I'm jealous! I need new clothes but I really need to do a closet purge first, as I have no room for anything new, but tons of clothes I never wear anymore.

Sassy: Sorry you are so tired. 95 burpees seems like a lot! I'm not doing the burpee challenge but do burpees when I do ST and they always kill me. And I only do like 10 at a time, 30 or so total! I hope G doesn't keep you up again tonight.

MArunner: I'd be tired from your weekend and I'm not even pregnant. That sucks that you had to deal with DH drinking too much, glad he made up for it yesterday! I would have made him feel really bad because I am evil, LOL. If baby C stays in I get to see you in 4.5 days! I need to buy some new Essie nail polish. I only recently started splurging on that brand and it is the best. I am thinking of some spring colors?

Taylor: How did DBF end up in a fashion show? I am glad the weekend was rejuvenating for you guys. Sometimes you just need to get away from everything else.

GSD: I love your pics on FB from up north! It looked like so much fun. Welcome back to the grind.

Lizo: I am glad the funeral went smoothly. How many meetings with the pastor do you have to have total before the wedding?

Outwest: Good for you for taking care of yourself for now. It will inevitably be a grieving period, but hopefully you can get back to a happy place quickly. Hot baths, wine, ice cream, trashy TV and magazines, and crying as much as possible always help me! Never fight the tears, they are cathartic!

Meli: I don't have any experience with doggy dementia, but it sounds very sad. I will keep you guys and the pup in my thoughts.

NC: I knew you would kick that 15-miler's butt! Nice job!

I ended up bringing clothes to go to the gym and run on the TM after work. I knew if I went home I'd use the cold and wind as an excuse not to go out.

lizo_77

Progress making at the project ssite taking a lunch break now so that's good. We're literally walking around taking noted abt the stuff they need to fix in the building. counseling isn't happening tonight. Bad weather on the pastors end. Same as us I guess. I'm don't really mind. Means m doesn't need to travel tonight on iffy roads.

Outwest: way to go on the 7. Higs girl. Hang in there.

taylor: sorry abt the still sore ankle. Boo that! Take care of ice skating too. It can aggravate ankles!

mel: hope you're having a good day! Invites are this week! M and I talked this past weekend abt stuff we need to do. Invites and tuxes are next.

norcal: way to go on that long run! You rock! And way to adjust your pace as needed to make it.

Back to work for me.

gsdrunner

Sassy: Sorry to hear about the late night with G. I'm glad ur DH helped too. M goes through those spells too. I think its growing and all the changes and wanting to near mommy and daddy. Great job on the run

Out: Hugs girl. Keep focused.

Meli: It to be tight like a hug. I do 1 to 2 fingers with A when she needs it.  And if he/she wears it all the time it wont help.

Lucy: WTG on the work outs last week.

NC: Nice job on the run. new spa? Did you get the new job? Sorry I am a little behind Smile

RR: did 5 on the treadmill when M took a nap.

NRR -- Mommy moment -- M has entered this stage of screaming, crying and tantrums. I'm having a very hard time dealing with them. I am trying to learn which tantrums need me and which ones to let her 'work' through. I feel a little helpless/hopeless. I know we will get through and figure it out, but by god it sucks and the screaming.. ugh.. did I mention the screaming?!? LOL Thx for listening....

MA runner girl

Meli - HUGS! I'm so sorry about your dog. Sad

Lucy - I absolutely made DH feel as bad as I could! I too am evil. He got nooooo sympathy from me when he kept running to the bathroom to throw up LOL Spring colors sound good! I am excited for pretty toes, it's been so long! Smile

GSD - Sorry to hear about M's screaming, good luck figuring it out!

Outwest - Hugs!

Meli - My last scheduled day is 3/22. If I'm still pregnant on th 25th I can either come in or start using my PTO, unless I can get a dr note to start my disability early. I sure hope I don't need to work more than 3 weeks... I'm so done!

Gotta go!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

NorCal

gsd- Yikes, screaming is tough! I'm not sure how I would handle that. I guess just lots and lots of patience!? Yeah, I got a job at a fancy spa, not my ideal environment, as I prefer medical/clinical, but they pay well and it works for now.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

GSD - a few of my friends said right around 14-15 months is when the toddler-like tantrums started .... I am not looking forward to it so more power to you! I agree about all the growth and changes - G is close to walking and he's growing bigger everyday (I swear, last week a pair of pants went from being 2 inches too long to fitting him perfectly the next day). It's crazy how much they change!