Womens Running

ALLs going strong. The ALLs thread (Read 24 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Time for a new thread!

where is everyone?

RR yesterday dud 10.1. Today is rest day but Pilates later

NRR just work stuff. Got a new phone this weekend and did a bunch of errands. Yesterday had to do some straightening in the garage. My new car is a bit longer so we needed to move a few things so it wasn't such a tight squeeze to get past it into the house. All better now.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

SRD.  Sick as a dog.  Severe asthma and a cold.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jennn

RR:  Heading to the climbing gym later.  Might squeeze in a short run beforehand, we will see.

NRR:  Day off work so I'm getting some housecleaning done.  Classes start tomorrow so I won't have time to do much cleaning again until May.

Damaris:  I'm sorry to hear about your kitty!!  Sad  I hope you feel better soon too!!!

Marjorie: love the new car!  Bloody nose, ugh!  Glad you got a few miles in at least!

Shan-Miriah

Damaris - so sorry about your kitty =(

marjorie - hope Pilates goes well!

jen - have fun at the climbing gym.

Rr - 2.75 miles today. I'm so sick of this freaking knee! Also went skiing on Sunday and got aome

custom insoles and a new pair of ski boots so I can ski better.

nrr - had one heck of a weekend. Left Friday after I got off work, went to albuquerque and got their about 9, went and watched a movie that ended about 1, fell asleep about 2, up at 7 to take the car to get worked on, after that headed to my parents, got there about one, had to have surgery done on my poor puppy cuz he broke his leg, went to bed about 9, up at 4:45 to head to taos, got there a little late for our appointment for insoles but it worked fine, skied until 4, ate, left about 6, got home about 9. Hopefully this weekend will be a lot more chill!

Jennn

RR:  Off work early so I did a quick 2.75 before class starts.  Problem is that now I have 45 mins to cool down, shower, pack a dinner and get to the light rail.  Thinking of making a habit of this running schedule until it gets too warm to run in the afternoons so I'll have to find a better way to organize my time.

NRR:  School starts today!  Let the countdown begin!!!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

RR 10.5. Good run. I skipped yesterday because my hip was a bit doer during Pilates so I idnt want to push it.

NRR just did a big call. Now to review a bunch of policies for changes.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Jennn fun to be on the final stretch!

Smiriah iLove Pilates. How is the knee?  That was a too busy weekend!

hope the cold goes away D

Marjorie

Shan-Miriah

Rr - did insanity today

NRR - my head neck and back hurt so bad today. they usually all do, but some days are worse than others. And I'm super tired today. Ug.

Jen - good luck with classes! Isn't this your last semester?

marjorie - knee is still quite half assed. Didn't hurt today during insanity, which is good, but I still can't go all out when I run. so frustrated with these short, slow runs!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  I ran 4 on Tuesday and still did not feel up to running.  Yesterday, my friend was having surgery and I was chauffeur and nurse, so I didn't run.  Today, I need to run, so 7+ for me tonight.  Cold is still around but I feel much better and I think the asthma is OK.

Thanks for the thoughts on Daisy.  We got the urn earlier this week and we should get the ashes next week.  That's when I'll probably lose it.  But the house is calm.

Shan, hope your neck and back feel better.

Marjorie, hiya!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Shan-Miriah

rr - 2 miles. Not much but I almost talked myself out of working out completely. And it felt pretty good.

nrr - tomorrow's Friday! Yay!

so, one of our dogs ran off last night, it's usually not like her but lately she's been doing it a lot. She came back this morning and ever since she's just acting weird and depressed. She flinches whenever you try to pet her, she flinches when you toss a treat at her whereas she usually catches it in the air, shes not even eating treats... I'm worried.

Damaris - good luck on the run! I lost two of my dogs last year, one in March, and he was my best, best friend. I didn't get the ashes until about a month later and it was so hard. We still have to make little boxes for three of my dogs and just thinking about it makes me cry.

Docket_Rocket

Awww. Our furries are our kids!

i ran my 7 but I am now at the ER with my friend because she had shortness of breath post surgery.  Better safe than sorry.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kdru

Hi all!  Long time no chat!

Life is super busy right now so I won't be on here regularly but wanted to pop in and say HI!

Running - Had a fabulous year of PRs in every distance and finally ran that marathon.  Since October have been doing very little running (10-15 mi/wk) but lots of yoga and a little strength training.  Next race isn't til May (20K).

other - In the end stages of my degree, hope to finish in the summer.  Teaching a course here at my University.  Need to start applying for post-doc positions soon.

Great to see you guys are still at it!  Smile

kdru

PS. I've deactivated FB for the semester.  Want to keep a low-profile online for when my students google me. Wink

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi Keegs!  Yay for PR

smiriah what did your dad say about it?  Could the pup have gotten hurt but it not be visible?

RR did 10.5 today. Now just a bunch of work. Didn't run yesterday. Trying so hard to take rest days.

Marjorie

Jennn

RR - Heading to the climbing gym in a few.  Might run after if I have time, but we'll see.  My sister is in town for the weekend and I'm planning on seeing her this morning too.

NRR - classes are going to be easier than I thought.  Funny, I think the "easy" class is going to be the more challenging one after all. Smile

Shan - yup, last semester and I'm SO glad.  I'm ready to have my life back!!

Damaris - I lost one of my kitties (the one in the background in my avatar) a little over a year ago.  I received his ashes in a really pretty memorial box instead of the plain box I ordered.  I meant to bury his ashes under his favorite tree outside, but I still have them right here on my desk.  I'm pretty sure I'll lose it when I finally do get out there and bury him. Sad

Hi Keegs!!!  Welcome back!  How awesome with the PR's!

Marjorie - Nice miles!  Smile