Womens Running

Tis a Wee Bit Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

Sheesh.. I forgot to do a St. Patrick's Day theme yesterday. Blame it on being 100% Italian with only an Irish sounding last name.

Gatsby-awesome report!!!  that had to be just amazing and I don't blame you for length and running out of superlatives!

Tessa-remember to keep the kid in all of your purging. this has got to be so cathartic for you to do. good for you in doing it.

Karen-we dodged this snow bullet ...for once. Just had the cold.

To all but a few...  we can now change our saying from "at least it's not November" to "at least it's not the winter of 2013-2014" and just shudder in remembering. Truly our winter of discontent when it comes to weather.

Yesterday did lower body work out then ran 1.35. Heading out again and will just run. At the gym since it's still an ice patch fest out there. Still snow on ground in majority of places. Last week they used snow blowers to remove the snow from the field where the Tigers will play and put a tarp with warm air blowing under it over the infield to thaw the ground so tha tthey can plant grass. Spring is coming!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Arimathea, the purging is a great way to start reclaiming your space and your life. You are doing the right thing to heal up. :::HUGS:::

It is still pretty cold so I haven't been out on the trail yet. It's always a problem for my quads when they first start running on asphalt.

Monday was the first 35 minutes in the first pair of new shoes. The Adrenalines are great. We never realize the absence of cushioning until we have it again. Ahhhhhh......  Inside track shoes look like you bought them yesterday, so you forget how much pounding they have been  taking. And yes, someone who weighs 90 pounds can destroy running shoes. Maybe I should practice coming down softly like a butterfly?

Today will be a track run.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good Morning!  Jeffrey wanted to run with me from the park this morning and stood me up!  Again!  I guess it's really not that big of a deal because I had a crappy run.  Just felt really heavy and achy.  But 4.8 miles with some sort of speed work is in the books.  I did see a large owl sitting on the power line.  Kinda neat.  And my silly cat was waiting on the sidewalk for me to come home and trotted the last house length with me.  Now I am glad I got it over with so I can sew this afternoon.  I have really been on a sewing kick lately.

Tessa--my yard holds so much water that Justin used to skim board in the front yard after heavy rains.  I have a small lake out there right now.   A neat house will feel very good!

Judy--love Adrenalines, but now I run in Glycerins.

Lisa--I am German, don't really get into the St Patrick's Day stuff either.  I was in my 20s before I ever had corned beef and cabbage.

Have a great Tuesday!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning! It was 88F still at 7pm so I hopped on the TM and did 2 miles and quit and went outside, LOL.  By then it was only 86F.  First bra run done.  It's nice to be able to run in a bra without fibroids making you look pregnant!  Some miles tonight, depending on the thunder and lightning.

Lisa, enjoy your run.

Tessa, the purging will help you as well, cathartic like the ladies have said.  Hugs.

Judy, hope you get to enjoy the trail soon.

Sue, sorry you were stood up and had a crappy run to boot.

Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run for me today; it's and SDO. Good thing, since the kids are out of school AGAIN! We had cold and rain and sleet and ice yesterday, and the roads are still a bit icy. It was so nasty yesterday that I actually went to the Y and did my run on the TM, which I hate with a passion. Today's exercise consisted of a variety of Wii Fit activities.

Lisa - glad that you managed to dodge the snow this time. They're saying that we could get more wintry precip here next week. We've already had 9 snow days, which is unheard of for us.

Judy - yay for new shoes!

Crazysue - ugh, it would bug me to be stood up in the early morning.

Damaris - hope you don't get stormed out.

Off to do some work. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa we haven't sealed the garage floor before but it needs it. Helps to keep the floor in better condition.  Hope the cleaning out continues to go well

Laura I love to spring clean. I'm fairly organized so it isn't a lot if stuff to do but makes mr real accomplished. I've just added the bonus of painting.

had ART this morning now need to run. Wanted to wait until after the treatment. He thinks 3 to 4 treatments. My glut isn't tiring correctly which is no surprise with the tug if war between the ligament I had problems with and the issue he found in my quads. They were toast working so hard since the ligament. He fixed a lot today.

Finished the the spring cleaning of the office. Painted it yesterday. It looks great. Was a spearmint color now it is a silvery blue. Cleaned oit the file drawers etc. probably will finish the spring cleaning upstairs today. Really liking having these days off.  Only one room left I want to paint but I can't do it yet. The living room is two stories. Getting up by the top windows and painting them correctly is tough. I swore after the last time I painted that room I would get scaffolding to do it again. There are so many areas to cut in it is several days of work. I do have the color picked.  I'm not repaint  the dining room, formal living room, bathroom upstairs or the two guest bedrooms.

I also need to go to the recycle center to take the old paint since I don't need the old colors. The dans are setting ready for me to take them over.

Sue I'm German too. I do not like corned beef and cooked cabbage I cannot eat so no Irish stuff for me. The only way I can eat cabbage is in coleslaw. I can't do sauerkraut either.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Hi All!

Lisa - Thanks for your answers on Trail run on Poto trail!   I ran nearby trail with RB yesterday and told her what you had said.  She then went home and looked at the elevations...said "we are going to get our butt's kicked"..LOL  Spring is coming!

Judy - New shoes are always so fun!

LCruns - I did not do St. Pat's.  I did the Mud Dogs half the day before.  I just couldn't drag myself out in the cold weather AGAIN that morning.

Crazysue - Boo on being stood up for your run.  But glad you got it done anyhow.

Damarias - Are you feeling the difference after having the surgery?  Not sure I could tolerate those warm temps!!!

Cindy - That is crazy weather for you down there!  We expect it here.

Marjorie - I love that blue you painted the office!  How I wish to be so organized.

Had a fun trail run yesterday...it was really dicey though.  The trail were icy.  We still ran an hour though. It was nice to see the little stream thawing.

Painting bathroom today (Marjorie has inspired me)....probably won't run, even though it is sunny and 40!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Well, I fell down on the job yesterday - I am actually a Knight of St. Pat, and I did absolutely nothing for the holiday but whine about my headache and the weather all day yesterday! Back in the 1950s, an engineering student at I think Missouri Rolla decided that St. Patrick must have been an engineer, because only an engineer would be able to figure out how to rid Ireland of snakes. That was taken up by a group of engineering students at University of Illinois, and over the years becoming a Knight of St. Pat was one of the highest honors you could receive. Knights had to not only have good grades, but be involved in student activities. There was a four page application, and then the finalists had to go through an interview with a panel of former Knights. The final group (my year I think it was 12 of us) then spent a couple months planning and executing pranks on the college of engineering, culminating in Engineering Open House and the St. Pat's Ball in March. The deans office called parents, roommates, old friends, etc. of the Knights and got embarrassing stories, which they then told in retaliation for the pranks as we were knighted by St. Pat himself (the Dean of Engineering dressed in a green wig and suit). Many late nights, many many beers, and a few broken laws that last semester on campus.

But this is a running forum......so I will run 8 miles tonight with some number of 600s at 5K pace. I will have to look up how many and program my Garmin before I go out.

Tessa, you are accomplishing so much! I forgot how strict they are in California about trash pickup. Out here, not only do they come twice a week, but they will take huge piles of crap, not just your one garbage can and one recycling bin. And if you have even more crap, you can haul it to the dump for free here. Good of your neighbors to let you use their extra bin space for pickup.

And now that I've typed all that about me, my lunch break is over and I need to get back to work if I'm going to get this project done in the next two hours. I don't want to stay late, so I'll sign off for now. DH flew out this morning (back Thursday), so I should have time to get back online tonight. Cereal for dinner - woohoo!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen that is neat!

Carol thanks. I love new paint. Makes everything seem so fresh

Ran 8.2. Hip really good after the ART. Need to go stretch now.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, I had heard that Patrick was the patron saint of engineers (and presumably of herpetologists). I didn't know you were a knight of SP!

Trash here -- they will pick up bulky items at no additional cost, like couches, but you have to call ahead. They will not pick up bags heaped next to the trash can. The truck has an arm and it picks up the can and overturns the can into the truck so the contents fall out. We can have unlimited greenwaste and recycling bins (we happen to have two of each) but you have to pay a lot more for a second trash can. California is trying to cut down on the amount that goes to the "sanitary landfill" ie the dump.

I think CA and FL are the only two areas that are getting warm. I planted all my tomatoes over the weekend.

Lisa, you're right, though, spring is coming! What a winter.

I'm not purging anything that the kids want. There isn't much. DS is happily eyeing the power tools. There are some books. I still haven't found his wedding ring, watch, or phone, either he hid them somewhere because he was afraid that the hospice staff or someone would steal them -- he was convinced everyone was out to take his precious belongings -- or he dropped them in the trash by mistake and then threw them out.

Hope everyone can stay warm!

Had a nice 5.4 or 5.3 - don't remember - run this morning.

Carol-the thing with Poto is that it's pretty constant ups and downs... no mountains or anything like that just pretty much undulating, twisty turny, rocky and rooty. Ahh.. I miss it. Wear trail shoes for sure. The rockiness can eat up the bottoms of your feet in road shoes. Won't kick your butt.. I did the 50k and survived with only one fall... on a wooden bridge when I tripped on a nail head. Watch out for nail heads. And since it's a Randy race when you come out of the woods you see the finish line up the grassy knoll. Of course he ends it going up an incline. Not steep but no cruising down hill to the finish for Mr Step. I haven't decided on it.  I really shouldn't.  I'll be flying in from San Diego on Friday evening.

Lisa