Womens Running

Hump Day Supermoms (Read 23 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning~

RR: squeezing in a 5K btw PT clients this morning, then probably a few more miles with R in the stroller after work.

TR: took him to the local nature center yesterday, and we hiked on the trails for about an hr and a half. He had so much fun picking up leaves and acorns, throwing rocks into the pond, and running up the trails.

NRR: pgr friend is about 37.5 weeks, so i'm pretty much expecting a text at any point that she's going to the hospital! She's the owner of the training studio I use for my Tues/Thurs class, and I'll be taking over her clients and bootcamps for a few weeks after she has the baby.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

hey dexy, mrszm, nola - where are you and how are you doing?

RR - SRD.  Last one was September 10th. Packed my bathing suit and I'm going to soak in the gym hot tub after work.

TR - repost from yesterday:

B was playing with an old CO2 detector, he was doing the test beeps in my room and I told him to do it in the kitchen because my ears were broken. "mommy buy new ears?"

FR - chinese sausage fried rice.  MIL liked it, or at least pretended to like it when I made it last week.

NRR - went to the grocery store with B in the morning, then later in the afternoon DH went to the same store with B and went to the same cashier, she was a super friendly cashier, except that she said to DH, "oh I saw your son earlier, with his nanny." Angry

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4.3 miles... ran loops around the block because i felt like it...

TR - it's been 3 months and C STILL hates bath time.  We'd been giving her showers but recently she started to hate those too, so we put her in the bath last night and she started crying immediately and tried to climb out.  She's fine in a pool, and she'll play with a bucket of water or with a sink full of water but as soon as she sees the tub, she goes nuts.  Maybe she just hates the idea of being naked but DH, who is the most patient person, is starting to get frustrated..

TR2 - my complaining coworker (the one who yells at me in meetings) told me her doctor is sending her 18 month old son to a pediatrician because he's not walking and barely babbling... she said, I'll go, but I don't think there's a problem, he was a late crawler so he'll be a late walker... I wanted to shake her.  She and her fiance do NOTHING to encourage their son to walk, like absolutely nothing... and the only reason he ever crawled (at 14 months) was because they started leaving him with a babysitter, who encouraged him to crawl.   I understand she doesn't want to worry about his development because they all develop at their own pace, but why wouldn't you want your kid, at 18 months, to walk??  I asked her this, and she said, Oh I do, but I don't have to chase him if he's crawling and it's easier to not worry about him falling or wandering off.......  Seriously?   I don't even know what to think.... I've known her fiance for a long time and before they had a baby they were quite lazy, but now they're being lazy about being parents.. ugh...

End rant.

zorbs - did DH correct the cashier?  when our nanny first brought C to early years, everyone thought she was the mom... when DH started bringing her, they'd say, Oh where's your wife?  And he was confused until her realized they thought the nanny was C's mom... the nanny doesn't look a thing like C either...

rg - woohoo hope your friend has an easy delivery!

running eh

RR - didn't end up getting my run done last night and turned off my alarm this morning.  I feel like I am falling off the bandwagon.  Anyway, I WILL be heading out w. the stroller later this morning.  Distance to be determined by my knee.

FR - I am a stress eater and am eating like crap b/c of my knee.  Need to get it under control.

NRR - MIL is going to visit SIL for a week.  It will be strange.  She is at our house almost every day.

armmama

morning -

RR - 5 miles sometime this morning.  I haven't felt like getting up and running in the dark this week, hoping to get back into it next week because it's a lot easier to get my runs in if I just get up and do it.

BR - his laugh is the best sound ever, I just wish he'd do it more often.  He's so up and down lately. Terrible twos I guess.

FR - butternut squash soup and may pick up a rotisserie chicken to go with it

NRR - it's our anniversary this Sunday so I got us tickets to go see Wicked that night.  I'm excited!

rg - a nature center sounds like something L would love too.  I'll have to look into that!  Too bad our weather is supposed to be crappy the next few days.

zorbs - enjoy the hot tub!  If your CO2 detector is anything like ours that thing is LOUD!

cx2 - hmm, maybe you need a pool at home for bathtime!  ha.  I hope she grows to like it!   I also hope there's nothing wrong with your coworker's son.

eh - I feel like I'm falling off the bandwagon this week, I haven't been able to drag myself out of bed and run.  I'm hoping it's pretty normal at this point in a training plan.  I hope your knee is OK on your run today!  Have you been getting ART done on it at all?  During my 1st marathon my knee hurt after my 20 miler so I pretty much didn't run for 2 weeks during taper.  I think I gained 5 pounds.

Erniegirl

ER - ST. Tempo run yesterday was tough as it felt really hot out, even by 9 am.

TR - Created total chaos at library program yesterday. All the other kids were sitting nicely and she was running around the room yelling "whee!" and going up to each person saying "hello!". I kept trying to get her to sit still but she was so overexcited and squirming to get back up, and the librarian was like "Oh, just let her run around. I don't expect toddlers to sit still". Well, then S got into a bag of scarfs and all the other kids saw the scarfs, so it turned into a big free for all of everyone running around with scarfs. I was a bit embarrassed by my child, the perpetrator, but I guess they all had a great time.

FR - Honey-glazed pork tenderloin, roasted acorn squash

NRR - Taking S to sensory class this morning. Need to go shopping for a baby shower present for a friend later.

~~~~

rg - Have a good solo run and stroller run! Sounds like you'll be pretty busy when you're filling in for your friend. S is obsessed with picking up leaves right now, too.

zorbs - That's a long time without a rest day, you are turning into runnergirl! Omg on the nanny comment. I hope he corrected her and she was embarrassed

cx2 - Your lazy coworker is the same one who also yells at you?? She sounds like a piece of work.

eh - I hope your knee is better soon. It sucks to feel like you're falling off the bandwagon, even though you are being smart to rest the knee when it's hurting.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

.Morning!!!!!

RR: 5 glorious miles.  Sbux

TR:  Poop is normal again, woohoo!

NRR:  Speech assessment with school today.  They already warned me that they don't think it is bad enough for them to provide services though.  Oh well, we will try.

FR:  Taco night!

runninmer

RR:  Haha.  Walking to the bathroom and back!

TR:  Was a little monster while I was on the phone last night, but then sweet as can be when I hung up.  Going to miss him today as I won't be home until 8.

NRR:  Parent-Teacher Conferences tonight.  I would rather be at home.  I was going to ask if I could leave after my last one, but that is at 7pm and they end at 7:30.  Oh well.  Lots and lots of comments from people today.  I think they are moving toward pity comments though.

FR:  DH had hamburgers and sweet potato tots waiting for me when I got home last night.  They were delicious!

PGR:  40w 1day.  Some "stuff" happening, but nothing that has me too excited that it will be any time soon!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

beckykay

RG:  C loves looking at the leaves now that they are changing colors.  Throwing rocks is so much fun but I have to remind him only in the pond.

Zorbs:  Hahaha, I'm sorry I shouldn't laugh she called you the nanny.

Cx2:  I was not excited for C to walk or crawl either but he did all of that much sooner.  I didn't encourage him at all, he just did when he was ready.

eh!:  I am a total stress eater too.

Ernie:  As long as she is having a good time Smile  I don't often get embarrassed by C unless he is asking people why they have fat bellies or something equally as rude.

Oh, DH finally got new running shoes that are obnoxiously bright.  I don't think I will have a problem finding him after the race Smile

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Super quick... have to get everyone ready and the kids out of the  house!

RR - 14k tonight.  I'm going to ST this morning at the gym.

TR - had a great time at Lizzy's house (dayhome) yesterday!  She's making some butterfly headband as a craft and M's super excited to go back today to finish it.

BR - woke up more times than I can count... I have no idea what's going on, she just cut 2 teeth and I don't see any following them, she doesn't had a fever, isn't grabbing her ears, etc.  Maybe it's one of those stealth ear infections?  Advil didn't stop the wake ups, so I would have thought that would have made an ear infection feel better?  I think I'll give her today and make her a dr appt tomorrow if she still isn't sleeping.  She's happy during the day, she must be exhausted though, I am.

FR - Orange beef stew, one of my freezer slow cooker recipes.

NRR - starting my house cleaning week today.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - B has been obsessed with making 'waterfalls' out of cups and such in the sink and there are literally hundreds of waterfalls the next town over, I wonder if he can handle a hike through the woods? I assume you have R trained early.

cx2 - it's been 3 years and B still screams bloody murder during tooth brushing time most nights. Alissa K's DS didn't walk until he was 19 months.  How do you encourage kids to crawl or walk? B just did it.  I mean we didn't keep him caged up in a playpen all day but we didn't do walk from daddy to mommy type things either.

eh - when do you see the physio?  just resting will likely get you healed eventually, but with the marathon coming up, I think you need to be far more proactive in getting treatment.

arm - yes the CO2 detector is ear splitting, especially when done RIGHT NEXT TO MY HEAD.

ernie - as far as I know DH did correct her.  He knows a couple (white DH, chinese wife) and apparently she is assumed to be the nanny all the time.  The stupid thing is, don't you think B looks just like me?  it is pretty obvious who his mom is.

mer - that is cruel punishment that you still have to work.  At least you are keeping busy.  Hey "things" happening can escalate! When I first started, I thought it was indigestion..then I remembered, "wait, today is my due date."

becky - I guess the thing that pisses me off is no one ever assumes G isn't B's dad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CTimesTwo

mer - sorry about the comments, but i'm hoping things start moving along soon!  DH would always come home late from parent-teacher interviews because he had about a zillion parents wanting to talk to him...

eh - hope your knee holds up during your run!

arm - I always run in the dark.. during longer runs when the sun comes up I get confused ... ha..

ernie - yea, it's the yelling coworker... she was off for a few days and it was so peaceful....

becky - yay for normal poop!

CA - sorry for all the wake ups... i looked into C's mouth last night and said, Hey, when did those 2 canines come through?!  Guess i'm not very observant... hope you get house cleaning done... i usually manage to get one thing done a day and the rest is left for the weekend..

zorbs/becky -  when her fiance is home with the boy, he sits on the couch playing on his iphone and yells at his son when he crawls too close to the TV or stairs.  When she is home with her son, she's too tired to do anything but sit on the couch and does the same as her fiance.   Their son never plays with other kids, never goes to play groups, they don't take him outdoors to playgrounds or indoor places where kids can play, they don't read books to him, they feed him the same foods everyday (chicken, cheese, cheerios, bread) because they eat unhealthy (frozen dinners and chips is a common meal) and she doesn't want to cook, she doesn't want her son to use utensils because then it takes him too long to eat and he flings food everywhere, which means she has to clean it up.

Sorry, I don't mean to go on and on.  I don't understand her mindset - she wanted a child so badly and went through fertility treatments, and now that she has one, she doesn't want to put more effort into raising her son than she absolutely has to because she hopes her child will raise himself on his own.  Anyways, just reminding myself that this is her life and her choices....

runninmer

rg - I think I am walking proof that 37.5 weeks means nothing!  Neither DH or I thought I would make it to my due date!

zorbs - I sometimes wonder if people question my relationship with J because they always see him with DH.  Although, DH does get "Is he yours" a lot because they look nothing alike!  I have really mixed emotions about being at work.  I try to look at it as more paid days through December if I take 12 weeks.  On the other hand, I miss J a ton and want to be with him. (Although, knowing me, that would go away pretty quick if I was home with him.)

cx2 - I can understand being tired at night an not wanting to do much...then you sit on the floor with them.  That is frustrating and makes me sad for the kids more than anything.  They are going to be the parents that expect the world from the teachers when their kid is in school!  I seek parents out more than they seek me out.  I'm pretty good about slipping out in that my room is in a dungeon and people only know I am here if I walk around.

eh - We all need breaks sometimes.  It will be okay!

armmama - I hear ya on the terrible twos.  J can be happy as a clam one second and in total meltdown mode the next.  The laugh is the best...makes me feel like I am doing something right!

ernie - Your FR sounds really good.  I hope S enjoys sensory class.

becky - I love how you describe  your runs.  It makes me want to get out there...not only to run but for some sbux!  The guy at our LRS said that the brighter the shoes the faster you are...so DH must be super speedy now, right?!

CAR - Sorry about the rough night of sleep.  I hope you have a good day.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.25 with RP and stroller last night. Rest today and tomorrow because I'm watching my friend's kids tonight and getting my allergy shot tomorrow after work.

TR: Keeps waking up ~3 am, have a hard time getting him back to sleep. Then he sleeps until 7 and I have to hastily pack him up for daycare. Wouldn't shut up about wanting fruit on the way home from daycare yesterday. He ate 1 banana, 1 apple, 1 peach, 1 cup apple sauce and chicken and noodles last night. I hope he tells Miss Jody when he has to poop today, because its gonna be a gnarly one.

FR: Ham and bean soup last night nummmm. Something with chicken tonight I think. Or maybe chicken & apple sausages + mac n cheese.

NRR: My boobs feel bigger today. I really hope my BC is doing it job- not supposed to take the ring out until Sunday, but starting to wonder if maybe I should buy a pee stick. They aren't sore though so I might just do a wait and see approach.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- Are you familiar with your friend's programs? Or will you just teach your own thing while she's on mat leave?

zorbs- ?? What an idiot cashier, B looks just like you.

cx2- Sorry about your coworker. It makes me sad when people don't give a crap about taking care of their kids. Sorry C hates bathtime still. Have you tried getting her some new fun bath toys or tub crayons? Reid loves to play with some dollar store plastic cups and he has these wind up bugs that paddle in the water.

eh- I eat when I'm bored/sad. Stress makes me lose my appetite and I get super bitchy when I don't eat. Where does SIL live?

armama- I've heard Wicked is really good, enjoy!

Ernie- My cousin is a librarian for the Seattle public library and does the children's programs and bookmobile, she always has interesting things to say Smile

Becky- what sounds does C struggle with?

Mer- do you buy the Alexia brand sweet potato tots? They are pretty good, I can't eat regular tots because they contain wheat but the alexia ones are GF.   I hope your little mister makes his appearance soon!

CA- glad the girls are doing well at the dayhome. Do you have to thaw your freezer to CP recipes before they go in? It was nice to have dinner ready to go last night, but I admit I'm not a big fan of most crockpot meals. Beans are one of the few things that turn out great in the slow cooker IMO.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07