Merry Monday (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

GatsbyBird, I love the houseplant Christmas tree!!

Saturday was a 15 minute run and 35 minutes cardio DVD.

Sunday will be the sameI think. It was. As you can tell, I do some of my post ahead of time.

DS has returned to VA and I am doing catch up cooking for the coming weeks. I’m also doing a gooey chocolate cake. The pieces can be frozen. It was.

I'm adding up all my minutes for the whole year. December has not been included yet.

Today and probably tomorrow will be cardio DVD since I am dealing with the car. I'll probably do the TM also.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Some run tonight.  Work, allergy shot, grocery shopping, worrying about Daisy who is now at the vet (another ill kitty), etc.  I just hope I have time to run today.

Judy, nice workouts.

Have a great day, ladies.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Interested to see how much time it adds to Judy!

Today is a running rest day. I really want to run, but I know I really shouldn't. Pilates later.

Morning D

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Morning! A couple more days of working from home, then I have to start back up with my commute January 2. I forgot to post yesterday - I did an hour on the bike, then followed with 4.1 miles on the TM.

Taking the dog to the vet this morning for a follow up, then I will run at least 6 miles this afternoon, which will put me over 2,500 miles for the year. That will be a yearly mileage high for me by about 600 miles. Thanks, summer of unemployment!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Good Morning!  Enjoying a few more days off of work yippee!!

4.1 cold miles today - 8 degrees outside.  Hoping to run outside Tues and Wed before heading back on the TM for early morning runs.  I think I like not working...too bad the bills have to get paid lol.

Judy - glad you were able to spend the holidays with your DS.

Damaris - sorry your other kitty isn't feeling well, hope she's okay

Karen - enjoy your time at home, as well.  This work thing sure gets in the way of the fun stuff

Hi Marjorie - enjoy the rest day (even though I know it's hard to do sometimes).

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, you must be on very good terms with the vet and the vet's office staff at this point.

Welcome back Judy!  Not sure what is going on with runango, but there's a temporary forum set up at runango.yuku.com. Glad you had a good time with your DS.

Marjorie, rest days are important, enjoy Pilates. (Yeah I know I don't take many rest days...but I still think they're important.)

Karen, congratulations on the PR for yearly mileage!

Laura, envious of being off work. I am in today.

4 miles this morning with running neighbour (RN) -- she needed the stress relief. Her DS, same age as my DD, brought his boyfriend to the family Christmas gathering. While most of the family were accepting or had an attitude of "so what/", her SIL was judgmental, hostile, and nasty. This did not go over well with RNDH, who told his sister off for her attitude towards his son. RN was not happy. I'm not sure if she wanted to drink the wine or clonk her SIL over the head with the bottle or both.

SugarLand

Morning - Hope everyone is having a wonderful day

will run 5 miles later

be back later

Docket_Rocket

Marjorie, enjoy the rest.

Karen, hope the doggie follow up goes well.  Good luck getting to that benchmark, which was my goal!

LC Runs, nice 4. I would like not working too.

Tessa, yeah, they love that I'm paying for their staff every week, LOL.  Nice 4.  Too sad that some in her family won't accept her DS for what he is.  Glad you were there to help with her stress.

SugarLand, enjoy the 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Tessa,  I'd be wanting to conk that SIL over the head with bottle.  I'm glad the father  defended his son.

Karen, woo-hoo on the miles!!  Remarkable!

Lisa, thanks for the good ideas!  It's  the right time of year to try healthy recipes, so I'll prob do that and call an old friend in a week or two. I  have a couple I've neglected. I may have to consult you again.  : )  BTW, I was so happy to read  about the 15 miles and that the chicken shots worked!

Cindy, your Christmas sounds like mine: books and gift card for books. Those are always a good choice for me. : )

Demaris, I was also think about your vet bills.  Your poor cats!

Carol, I'm glad your hip is better and hope it continues to improve.

Gatsby, cute tree. : )  My doc thinks the hip is  bursitis, but the PT thinks I also have some arthritis, so x-ray today.

Judy, thanks for condolences.  That gooey choc cake sounds wonderful!

Sugarland, I hope you have a wonderful day, too!

I have to go to post office to mail DD's gifts she couldn't take with her and then plan to cycle at the gym for 20 min.

Arimathea

Tessa

7.13 on the TM at lunch.

Carol, Simple Start is Weight Watchers' new program, basically you get two weeks worth of mix & match meals focusing on "power foods" (either going from a prewritten meal plan or creating a meal with lean protein + small amount of complex carbs + veggies &/or fruit) and then continue into the WW program, either counting points or selecting from a list of power foods. It's supposed to take the decision making out of the first two weeks so that most people will see a weight loss and will want to continue with the WW program.

Karen, how did Jake's vet visit go?

And I am confused by Lisa's post, could someone explain to me what a chicken shot is?  I know what Jello shots are and I know what steroid shots are but I don't think she's referring to either of those.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Chicken shot is derived from chickens. It helps the healing

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Judy - Good for you for keeping track of your minutes for the year!

Damarias - Oh my, another sick kitty!  Hope all turns out ok.

Marjorie - I hear you on wanting to run, and knowing you shouldn't.  I have been in a self-imposed penatly box for the past 2 days.

Karen - 2,500 miles this year...woohoo!!!!

LCruns - It is brrrr cold again....are you doing the Res. Run tomorrow?

Tessa - How awful of the SIL of RN.  What is up with people...geez.  Thanks for the info on the new WW's program.

Sugarland - Is your weather good down there?  Hope you enjoyed your 5.

Camille - Hope you have a good 20 cycle.

No run for 2 days.  I am going to do an 8k Resolution run tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be freezing cold.  Will see how that goes.  I am running with my  DF, it has been such a joy to watch her get fit this year.  She has lost 45 pounds and she says she feel younger then she has felt in many years.  (she is 57).  She has taken to the "running" lifestyle ....

SugarLand

The weather is on the cold side for us - high tomorrow 50 degrees but it's damp which makes it feel "bone cold" ❄️

LC Runs

Hi Carol - no, unfortunately, my friend and I decided not to run the race tomorrow, she is not in race shape and really didn't want to deal with the cold and possible snow/ice.  Funny how dry it was last year lol.

Tessa - sad about your RN's son.  I'd have clonked her with the wine bottle (after drinking the contents, of course) lol

Hi Sugarland!!