Womens Running

Working Women Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

ginnyb

I have been trying to follow a training plan again....keeps me honest.  Dreading tomorrow, supposed to do 5 and I am quite certain it will have to be on the TM, which means I will have to leave the house around 4:45 to get it in before work...I have to try to think positively and get myself out of the house!!!  I will do this!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Hello ladies!

I made my January goal of 42 miles!  Woo hooo!  I went running this morning in my RB's neighborhood, The Villages.  I got soooo lost, so it was a little longer than planned.   My pace was awful because I spent too much time standing at intersections with my mouth open!  LOL oh, and the humidity down here... I forget how sticky the south is!

I'm sitting poolside, right now (yeh, I know... Tough life) so, I'm having a hard time seeing my iPad.  I'll try to stop back in a little later.

WARRIOR DASH... Three days and counting!

be well,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Anonymous Guest

Julie, my aunt and uncle just moved from Cleveland to The Villages this past fall. So if you run into Barb and Bruce down there, tell them I said hello! And congrats on reaching your mileage goal!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

annieSusan

I made it to the coffee shop. Turns out the sidewalks were not as bad as the streets. I had just finished my coffee when three of my friends came in, so of course I had a cup of decaf and we proceeded to talk most of the morning. I then came home, and with the help of my neighbor Deb I was able to get the snowblower going, doing all of our snow plus running the snowblwower right down  the block for two swathes. Might as well, once you've got it going. Although I am sick of snow, this was a pretty snow.  And we need the moisture.

As I sit here in my sunroom, I can see two of our bird feeders right outside the window. We get lots of finches at these feeders, plus a lot of sparrows. The sparrows hang out in an upright yew right right next to the feeders. Today, for the third time, I saw a Cooper's Hawk fly into the yew bush, going after a sparrow. So cool to see. When the hawk flies in, the bush just seems to explode with sparrows fleeing in every direction!

AnnieSusan

Knit queen

Knit Queen

Hi ladies,

I am having a bad day so far.  Found out this morning that I have to have a rootcanal done.  The last root canal I had done the tooth could not be saved so I ended up with a bridge.  If this tooth ends up bad I would have to get a dental implant.  YUCK.  I inherited my father's bad teeth not my mother's great teeth.

Went  to knitting and finished the backside of this sweater I am making.  Came home and decided to go for a run.  Haven't run for ages but have been doing XX bike at the gym 2 to 3 times a week.  Started to run my usual 3.1 mile loop but had to bail after 2 miles or 23 minutes of running for me.  My breathing was heavy and I felt very tired.  I have never been unable to complete that loop before.  boo hoo.  I had a great 34 mile bike ride Sunday so I had been feeling optimistic.  I guess I need to start from scratch on the running.  I think I am really feeling the effects of age because if I don't keep biking and running I just feel so weak and unable to perform as I used to.  As they say, I just need to GET OUT THERE!

cheers, lisa

lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh Lisa how that sucks on the tooth.

Well dad seems to have taken his meds today.  I think.  Anyways he actually called me and was his normal self but I did call him out on several things and he knows DH is pissed at him and I told him he needs to call and apologize to him. Oh and while he says he is not sending the scammer any more money and knows it wouldn't ever work out and he is all about his latest date lady he saw today, he is still emailing her.  WTF is wrong I do not know but I did tell him that he needs to cut it off completely.  That in a week or two she will ask for money again.  He thinks just because she sent new pics and that they have a date stamp that they are real.  Guess photoshop etc is new to him.  Sighl.  And he says she is sending really nice emails.  But at least I could get him on some of the other stuff he did and I did tell him outright he went off the grid and was not acting like my dad AT ALL!  That got through for today I think.  Not sure.

Ginny yuck that the weather will suck tomorrow

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Weigh in Wednesday fo me....up .8 so basically have lost 1.5 all total.  But honestly having this challenge has helped me to make better choices.  I'm actually not too unhappy as I did have a few "treats" at Disney....  Congrats Camille on your 2 pound loss!!!

Sounds like we are all having crazy weather!  Did not get a run in last night, I ended up spending 2 hours on the computer doing EMR He#$ charts....sigh, that is what happens when you are gone for a week....  Just finished a 50 minute w/o with DM and weights.

I haven't made my decision yet on my Karnel run.....

Hi to all, sorry can't get to personals tonight.

Carol

Docket_Rocket

I posted it on yesterday's thread.  I'll post it tomorrow!

I had a heck of a day.  I hate when co workers' attempt to throw you under the bus.  I do love when the attempt fail and they get the boss' wrath. It's been one of those days where I've had to take a knife out of my back.  At least I prevailed.

I'll be back tomorrow.  Off to cook dinner, get a drink and relax.  I need it.

My own award! Thank you Lisa. I'll try not to deserve it this week.

So sad about the accident at the stadium; how did we survive our youth?

I'm in running clothes so I must be going out this morning; I'll wait for rush hour to pass and the fog to lift.

Damaris - did you post RR in forum?

Hi Judy!

Take care in this changeable weather.

Carolyn

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Good luck with the root canal.  Hope it's not as bad as you think.

Hi ladies,

I am having a bad day so far.  Found out this morning that I have to have a rootcanal done.  The last root canal I had done the tooth could not be saved so I ended up with a bridge.  If this tooth ends up bad I would have to get a dental implant.  YUCK.  I inherited my father's bad teeth not my mother's great teeth.

Went  to knitting and finished the backside of this sweater I am making.  Came home and decided to go for a run.  Haven't run for ages but have been doing XX bike at the gym 2 to 3 times a week.  Started to run my usual 3.1 mile loop but had to bail after 2 miles or 23 minutes of running for me.  My breathing was heavy and I felt very tired.  I have never been unable to complete that loop before.  boo hoo.  I had a great 34 mile bike ride Sunday so I had been feeling optimistic.  I guess I need to start from scratch on the running.  I think I am really feeling the effects of age because if I don't keep biking and running I just feel so weak and unable to perform as I used to.  As they say, I just need to GET OUT THERE!

cheers, lisa

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/events/194624544006667/

So you've run a marathon.. that's impressive. You've run a 50k... ultra!  You've run a 50 miler... bad ass. Ha!

This has them all beat.

Drop and Give Me 50 Ultra 

SKYDIVE - ULTRA RUN - FUND RAISE for DUSTIN RHODES

8am: Runners ready?? Start your watch and climb aboard the airplane for the ride up to 13,500 feet where you will leap out of a moving plane to begin your 50 mile ultra run.

The 120mph, 2 mile (approx 10k feet) free-fall will last 50 seconds before you pull the parachute on your tandem skydive and quietly and calmly float back down to the safety of earth.

Upon landing you will immediately climb out of your parachute and begin running 50 miles to complete the first ever 50 mile skydiving ultra!

Expected cost will be between $205-$255 (depends on total # of jumpers. 15 or more gets us $50 off each). This price includes an event shirt, skydive and basic aid station supplies. I do all my jumping out of this dropzone and will negotiate a group rate when we get a firm headcount.Solo jumpers pay only for lift ticket and/or chute rental.

You will be asked to pay the dropzone now ($205) to secure the rate/jump. When we reach 15 people they will refund $50..or allow you to use that towards a video of your jump during freefall ($100 cost). On race day you will pay me directly (Check or cash) $50 to cover the shirt, food/aid station and minimum $15 donation to the Dustin Rhodes Charity (http://dustrhodes.com/how-you-can-help/)

If you're coming only to run the price will be $50 only (breakdown above)

The specific logistics of getting 40 people in the air and into a 50 mile race at once necessitates a loop based course that's very close to the dropzone. Also the intention will be to run in a location that will afford onlookers the opportunity to hang, picnic, watch the runners and be able to see the skydivers landing throughout the day. For this reason we've chosen the 1 mile paved loop immediately outside the skydive facility. You'll be able to have your own set up for aid every mile or pick from the provided food and drinks.

Click this link for a picture of the intended loop course: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151054224501082&set=oa.292097310900435&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Thanks for your participation (ps....no medals, no schwag aside from the t-shirt. This is a FUR - Florida Ultra Runner - No Frills Event)

Lisa

Judy-love it when things just feel right.

Laura-bummer on the wet basement.

Carolyn-it is a one time only award. nice run!

Ginny-I am no good with training plans.  I made it to Week 1 Day 2 of a 26 week plan for New Jersey.  Want me to call you in the morning?  I leave around that time to get to gym. seriously.  up at 4am.  I'll text you.

Camille-a friend of mine had the alcohol shot and it worked for awhile. she ended up having the surgery.

Karen-Karnel would approve of the name. is that a pretzel city event?  they always reminded me of the events put on around here. you're wonderful and witty even when you don't post. we just sense it.

Marjorie-weather.com pulled up 61 degrees at 5am.  last week we were at 1.  someone said that we love the seasons.. just not all in the same week.

Cindy-remember the shirt "I love running except for when I am running." I've used the "the faster you run the faster you're done" but that doesn't work on a tm when running for a specific amount of time. Have also used "suck it up buttercup." Envision self tripping on tm and being flung off the back (exageration since it's not going that fast in the first place). Fantasize that others are thinking "wow. she has great form." When likely they are really thinking... "ah... maybe I won't run after all if that's what I look like." This is why I like running in the dark at 5am outside.

Tessa=back to winter tomorrow for us.  everything was foggy for the last 2 days. condensation on everything.

Julie-sounds like you could be an ultra runner. we joke about the cartoons where they say "Joggers come to a red light and bounce in place. Runners come to a red light and stop their garmin." or something like that.  We say "ultra runners slow down so that they can intentionally hit the red light and then stand there resting." Congrats on the mileage! Amazing!!!

aSusan-yeah for making it to the coffee shop.

Lisa-sorry to hear about the root canal. I've had one. DD#2 is in process of getting an implant on front tooth that she broke as a kid. Lengthy process!

Damaris-not a fun work day. sorry.

Lisa